Just You Is Enough

By miracles_do_happen

Highest rank: #337 in Romance #404 in Romance #509 in Romance #735 in Romance #590 in Romance #74... More

Acknowledgement
There's A Rainbow After The Rain
Can We Still Be Friends
It's Raining Questions
Authors Note
Love Will Lead You Back
You're Asking Too Much
Life Is Full Of Surprises
Try me
I'm only human
I Never Left
Don't act like you're Harry Styles
It's like counting one, two and three
It's an order not a question
Forever
Live life to the fullest
Hello (A/N)
New Year
Meet and Greet
Old songs and memories
Who are you?
The moves
Breathe In, breathe out
Lies beneath those eyes
Play it cool
History
I Need A Break
Welcome Home
Feel brand new
Born to be brave
Lifeline
Friends
Are you kidding?
Pieces
Status
Own ways
Revelations
Message
Playlist
Let's Take It Slow
Unspoken Words
Making memories
We will get there
Think about it
Who am I?
Where do I begin?
It's About Time
Moving forward
Meeting the family
He moved on so fast
Change is here
Expect the unexpected
He's back
Phone calls
About the book ( must read)
Issues
Give it a try
Are we like something or what?
Coffee and a Phone call
He is long gone
Intentions
I need an answer
Bitter sweet
Something inside me
Icing on my cake
Secret conversations
Love is not a freaking game
Me, myself and I
Begin Again
Sleepless nights
Sisters by heart
#NoMoreBullying
beautiful goodbye and a new friend
Feelings
One step at a time
Emergency call and sweet talks
Starting again
Starting again (Part 2)
A good different
Sexy Mama
Unbelievable
The Talk
Laters baby
Sorry
Having doubts?
The Guest
Evening gatecrash
Awkward
Decision Making
The choice
Pain
Vacation
Vacation (Part 2)
In a heartbeat
No more lonely nights
Feelings
Incident
The coffee talk
Nervous
Finale
Finale (Part 2)
😘❤Happy birthday to me!!😘❤

Ferris wheel

1.5K 79 0
By miracles_do_happen

Forgive me if it's a short chapter.

Ferris wheel, that's what I can say about my life.

Sometimes you are on the top, while there are times that you are at the bottom.

Everything that she said hits me so hard, like I have been hit by a bullet straight to my heart and brain.

"Pardon me? I'm sorry I didn't quite understand." I ask her nicely.

"I know you do understand what I had said and I don't want to repeat it but okay, I'm sorry but you are no longer part of this company."

"But why, did I do something wrong?"

"You know, you are good I must say but this company needs a new or I mean fresh Ideas. I'm sure that your new job will fit for you very well because I will make sure to give you a good exit and a good back ground." I don't know why I want to slap her right now. It's not a valid reason.

"Did Mr. Bennett know about this?"

"He doesn't have to know because I am the one who is holding this company now."

My patience is getting thin as I look at her eyes.

"I want to ask you straight and I want you to answer me honestly."

She just shrugs and looks at me.

"Did I do something wrong to you? I thought we were friends? And for the last time I checked, I didn't do anything to hurt you." I almost gritted my teeth at her.

It took a second before she speaks.

"And that's what I thought too. I thought we were friends but then I found out that you are playing with my feelings behind my back!"

I let all the words she said sink in my mind for a while before I speak. It was confusing at first.

"Is this all about Ethan?" I ask her.

She laughs bitterly.

"Bingo! I knew you were smart and please don't play like dumb. I know you're just pretending like you don't know while all the time you've been working here in our company, you are already thinking how to break me. Well, congratulations to you." She said with venom on her voice.

"I really don't get you Camilia, Ethan and I we are just friends. That's all and how dare you accused me on things you don't know? You know nothing. And for your information, I don't play with feelings whoever it is. I treat you as one of my friends Camilia."

"Liar, now I know why Luke doesn't want to be with you anymore. I'm happy that he is now moving on from you because you are nothing Samantha. He doesn't deserve you, pretending that you are in love with him while you are playing fire with Ethan all the while."

I frown and bit my lip. She is crossing the line; she has her insulting eyes looking at me up and down like I was a piece of dirt.

"Where did you get that story? Because I want to congratulate that person for making you believe that. It was so low of you to think of me, Luke and Ethan that way, it was so low and uneducated of you. And, I will never get down to that. I just want you to know that it's not true, I don't care who told you that or if you just assume that. All I know is that I know deep inside me that I did nothing wrong, Ethan and I were just friends and Luke and I have a different story to tell. I may not be that rich like you, I may not be graduated in a high class school but that doesn't mean that you can think of me that low. I may not be born with loads of money but its just money you know? I can earn that but friends, family, manners and love coming from them is the things that no one can buy. You have to work for it. It's not always the money, keep that in mind." With that she held her hand up ready to slap me but I held her wrist just in time.

"What? You are going to slap me? You are just showing me who you really are you know?" I put her arms down.

"I don't want to see your face anymore. I'll give everything to your secretary." She said as she turns around away from me.

"Okay Miss Stevenson, have a nice day and please tell your father how thankful I am for everything." I told her nicely and walked out her office.

When I finally went inside my office, that's when I breakdown and cry all by myself.

***

After all the drama that happened, I hurriedly went back to my flat. I never got the chance to talk to Henry because he was on the meeting at that moment. I texted him what happen when I'm on my way here earlier. After a couple of hours, he burst into my flat with Myra. I started crying once more.

"She's insane you know!" Myra said giving me another tissue.

"I really can't believe her, and what makes me thinking is why are you involved on their love quarrel you know?" said Henry as he keep on stroking my back up and down.

"Me too, I really don't know why. It's like he is telling me that this is my entire fault!"

"Sshh, we will figure it out bunny, for now we need to think about your life. What will happen to you?"

I sigh deeply, I know she is right. What now? I know that I have save money on the bank but if I'm going to use it, I should use it wisely because money can disappear in just a snap.

"I still have money, but I still need to find another job for a while."

"I agree but for the meantime, you have to relax first." She said and I nod.

"I'm so proud of you that you stood up for yourself girl!" Henry exclaimed.

"Thanks, you know that I won't go down without fighting about something I know I don't deserve."

I told them and both of them chuckle.

***

Later that day when my friends left me, my phone ring and Ethan's name popped up on the screen.

"Hey"

"Sam, where are you?" He asks immediately.

"At home, why? Is there something wrong?" I ask.

"I'll be there in a while." He said and before anything else, he hangs up the phone.

After 15 minutes he already showed up and hugs me tenderly as I let him in to my flat. I began to worry.

"Ethan, what's wrong?" I ask but he didn't answer me.

"I'm starting to worry Ethan, tell me what is wrong?" I ask him once more.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm really sorry Sam" he said trembling.

"I don't understand, what happen?"

"It's my entire fault, I know so please forgive me."

"I really don't get it Ethan, enlighten me please." I told him as I move away from him and look at him in the eyes.

He is crying and I don't know why.

"I'm going to tell you everything but I'm afraid that it will change everything." He said looking at me.

"Change everything? Why is that?" I ask.

"Just please, promise me that after I told you everything you will still be here with me."

"I don't get it, just say it Ethan!" I'm getting impatient right now.

He sighs deeply and before I knew it, someone came in and my door almost flies at the impact. Showing a man with his fist clenching, he is full of anger walking towards us and he gave Ethan a few punches.

"How dare you!" the man said and gave Ethan another punch.

It's Luke, my Luke.

What is going on?

***

Hello, thanks for reading!

Please do not forget to vote, comment and share.

That's all I'm asking thanks!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7K 246 33
The average human being spends every second of his day fighting against the force of nature to see another day. But I'm different. I'm not afraid of...
2.8M 79.9K 64
Love. It was infuriating yet strangely addicting. It swirls in unknown waters, testing its limits before striking. The sensation of its claws diggin...
8.5K 382 43
Have you ever considered how two people can fall in love by writing a paper? I started to write this story in June 2016, I was 15 years old. I didn't...
1.9K 62 48
The day he ran away was the day I lost myself. I couldn't concentrate on my studies. I couldn't eat. I couldn't sleep. I was... a mess. I lost all s...