The Gilbert Twin

Af KatelynMay069

Emma Gilbert hasn't been the same since her parents died. That is until Stefan Salvatore comes into her does... Mere

The beginning
Friday night bites
Family ties
Your undead to me
Lost girls
Haunted

The night of the comet

139 4 0
Af KatelynMay069

Emma   Stefan   Both

Dear diary,
This morning  is different. There's change. I can sense it. Feel it.

I'm awake. For the first time in a long time I feel completely and undeniably awake.

For once I don't regret the day before it begins.

I welcome the day.

Because I know

That I will see her again.

That I will see him again. For the first time in a long time I feel good.

-

After I get ready for school I head into the hallway were I bump into aunt Jenna.

"Do I look adult?" She asks me "as in respectful parental?"

"Depends were you going?"

"Jeremy's parent teacher conference" she answers. She walks over to the mirror we have in the hallway "hair up or down"

She puts it up "sexy stewdrews" she then puts it down "boozy housewife"

"Up it is" she says just as Elena comes out of her room "your feisty today."

"I feel good. Which is rare so I decided to fly free" Elena from behind aunt Jenna starts wiggling her eyebrows at me. I just roll my eyes.

"Where's Jeremy?" Elena asks.

"Left early something about getting school early for a wood shop class" aunt Jenna says. Me and Lena just stare at her "there is no wood shop class is there?"

"Nope" me and Lena answer at the same time.

-

"Originally discovered nearly 5 centuries ago the comet hasn't been over mystic falls in over 145 years." Mr. Tanner lectures. I feel someone looking at me so I turn around and see Stefan looking at me. I smile at him as we continue to gaze at each other. "The comet right after dusk during tomorrow's celebration. Are we bothering you? Mr. Salvatore? Ms. Gilbert?" He asks as obviously seeing that neither one of us is paying attention. I look at home and shake my head 'no'.

-

"I brought it" Stefan says as we walk threw the hallway. "Told ya" he hands to book to me"

"Weathering heights by Alex bell" I say as I look at him "I can't believe that she didn't use her real name"

"All the sisters didn't" he said to me "It was a time were female authors weren't accepted in society"

"Where did you get it?" I ask.

"Uh it was passed down threw the family" he says try to give the book back "I have lots of books. Go ahead keep it."

"Oh no" I say "but I would like to read it again. I promise I'll give it back."

"Ok" he says and I smile at him.

-

I am now walking with Matt and Lena outside the school.

"They are keeping her overnight to make sure there is no infection." He says to us "she should be able to come home tomorrow"

"That's good" I say. "Did you get In touch with your mom"

"She's in Virginia beach with her boyfriend let's see how long it takes for her to come rushin back" he says and I feel bad for him and Vicki.

"Your really lucky she is ok" I said.

"I know" he replies "and now there is some talk of some missing campers"

"Did she say what attacked her?" Lena asks.

"She said it was a vampire" he answers her.

"What?" Me and Lena say.

"Ya" he answers "after Elena went home she wakes mutters vampire and then passes out"

"Ok that's weird" Lena says as we stop walking.

"Ya" he then turns to me "so what's up with you and the new guy?" He says looking over my shoulder. I look behind me to see Stefan.

I laugh "ok I am not talking to you about this" I say to him I then turn to Lena to see she is wiggling her eyebrows "and I won't talk to you either. Because you will just do that" I say pointing to her eyebrows. They both laugh at me.

"Ok" Matt says "but if he hurts you I will kick his ass"

"Me too" Lena pipes in.

"I won't expect anything less" I say to both of them.

"Alright I'm going to head back to the hospital. To wait for Vicki to wake up and get the real story" he says to us. He gives Lena a kiss and then leaves.

-

"So the comet is supposed to be a sign of impendent doom" Bonnie says as me, Lena, Caroline and her sit outside the grill. "Last time it passed over there was a ton of death. There was so much blood it created a bed for paranormal activity"

"Mm ya and then you poured her another and she told you aliens exist" Caroline said sarcastically. She then turns and looks at me "so then what?" She asks referring to Stefan.

"So then nothing" I say to her.

"You guys just talked all night?" She asks like she is giving me the third degree "there was no sloppy first kiss? No touchy feely of any kind?"

"Nope didn't go there" I answer.

"She's right" Lena buts in "you there was any more I would hear it"

"What's the baggage? Just jump his bones already" she says then put up her hands "ok it's easy. Boy likes girl. Girl likes boy. Sex."

"Profound" I say to her and then I think  for a second and get up. I grab my stuff and they look at me confused. "You know what Caroline right" she looks pleased "if I sit here any longer I will talk myself out of it. Instead of doing what I said I was going to do"

"Do you want me to come with you?" Lena asks.

"No, that's ok" I say to her. I then turn to look at Bonnie "can you give her a ride" I ask and she nods her head. "Ok. Bye" I then get in my car and drive to the Salvatore boarding house.

-

I walk up to the big door. I ring the door bell first, but no one answers. I knock on the door and it comes open so I push it further and walk in. "Stefan" I called as I walk threw the entry and I see a big stair case. I walk a little farther. I then hear something behind me so I turn around and see nothing. I call Stefan again but no answer. Then a big black flies threw the door. I turn back and almost run into someone. I look up and I see a man with Raven black hair and piercing blue eyes.

"I'm sorry for barging in. The door was" I say as I turn around to see the door is closed "open." I turn back around to face him.

"You must be Emma" he says to me "I'm Damon, Stefan's brother"

"He didn't tell me he had a brother" I say to him

"Well Stefan's not one to brag" he clearly is though. "Please come" he says as he puts his hand on my back and directs me forward to his living room "I'm sure Stefan will be here any minute"

"This is your living room" I say as gawk over how big it is.

"Living room, parlor, somebody's auction. It's a little kinsky for my taste" he says then turns to look at me "I can see why my brothers so smitten. It's about time. For while there I thought he wouldn't get over the last one. Nearly destroyed him"

"The last one?"

"Ya Katherine his girlfriend." He says. I shake my head "oh you two haven't had the awkward ex's conversation"

"Nope"

"Oops Well I'm sure it will come up now" he says "or maybe he didn't tell because he didn't want you to think he's on the rebound. We all how those relationships end"

"You say that like every relationship is bound to end"

"Well I'm a fatalist. Hello Stefan" he says not taking his off me. I turn around and see Stefan standing there.

"Emma. You didn't tell me you were coming over" he says not taking his eyes of his brother.

"I know I should of called-"

"Don't be silly your welcome here anytime. Isn't she Stefan?" Damon cuts me off. "You know I should break out the photo albums and home movies. But I have to warn you he wasn't always such a looker"

"Thank you for stoping by Emma. It was nice to see you" Stefan says still not looking at me.

"Ya I should probably go." I say and then I turn and look at Damon "it was nice to meet you Damon"

He grabs my hand "It was great meeting you too, Emma" he says then kisses the top of my hand.

I then walk over to leave but Stefan is in my way "Stefan" I say but he stands still looking at his brother. "Stefan" I say again only a little louder. He final looks at and steps out of my way. I go out to car, get it and head back to my house.

-

"He's on the rebound and has raging family issues" I say to Lena and aunt Jenna as we stand in the kitchen.

"At least it's an ex girlfriend" aunt Jenna says "wait until you date a guy with cheating issues. Or mommy issues. Or amfemifian issues" we then hear the front door open and close. Aunt Jenna walks over "Jeremy." "Jeremy where were you?" She asks as he starts walk up the stairs.

He stops and turns around to look at her "ah more stoner stories. I get it Jenna you were cool once and I get it. That's cool" then starts back up the stairs.

"Oh no no no" aunt Jenna say and then throws the apple that she had in her hand at him.

"Ow! Why? Why did you don that?" He asks her.

"Listen up? Quit ditching class or your grounded. No discussion" aunt Jenna tells him.

"Parental authority. I like it. See you in the morning" he says then heads upstairs.

Me and Lena then head over and give her a kiss on the cheek "night aunt Jenna" we say then head to bed.

-

It's the day of the comet and me and Bonnie are walking around handing out flyers. "Hi night of the comet. Would you like a flyer?" Bonnie says then turns to me "he didn't call huh?" She asked.

"Or txt" I reply "but then I realized we never got to that texting stuff"

"It's an important milestone in any relationship" she says

"Isn't it" I say "it wasn't the right time anyway"

"When is?"

"I'm not ready"

"Who is?"

"At least I put myself out there" I say to her.

"Is that what your calling it?"

"What do you mean?" I ask her.

"All I'm hearing is reasons why you can't" she tells me. I stand there and think for a little and then we walk off.

-

We are in the middle of town for the comet. Me, Lena, and Bonnie are walking and Caroline comes up and hands us our candles. Matt comes over and lights Elena's and then she lights mine. I turn around and light the persons next me candles.

"Thank you" the person says and I look up to see Stefan "hi."

"Hi" I then walk a couple feet away and stop knowing he will follow me.

He leans by my ear "you know that comet has been traveling across space for thousands of years" he says to me.

"Ya Bonnie says it's a sign of evil" I tell him.

"I think it is just a bunch of snow and ice stuck on a path that it can't escape, but once every 145 years it gets to come home" he says "I'm sorry about how I was acting yesterday. I wasn't myself"

"You seem to apologize for a lot of things" I tell him.

"I have a lot to apologize for" he tells me as he stands next to me "yesterday wasn't about you. Ok?"

"You didn't tell me you had a brother"

"We're not close" he tells me "it's complicated"

"Always" I say. I then look down "he told me about your ex. Katherine"

"What did he say?"

"That she broke your heart" I tell him

"That was a long time ago"

"When you lose someone it stays with you. Always reminding of how easy it is to get hurt" I tell him sounding upset.

He then steps in front of me but I still don't look at him "Emma"

I finally look at him "I get it. Ok you don't how much I get it" I tell him "complicated brother? Check. complicated ex? Check. Too complicated to even think about dating? Check. It's ok. We met. We talked. And it was epic but then the sun came up and reality set in. So" I then blow out the candle and walk away.

-

Me, Elena, Matt, Bonnie, Caroline, and Tyler are in the grill now.

Jeremy comes up to us "hey has anyone seen Vicki" he asks,

"You tell us your her stalker" Tyler says to him.

"I can't find her" Jeremy says worried.

"She probably went to party with someone else" Tyler says trying to start something. "Sorry pill pusher I guess you've been replaced" I just glare at both of them.

"What's with the pill pusher?" I ask Ty.

"Ask him" he says referring to Jeremy.

"You really want to start this right now?" Jeremy asks Tyler.

"Are you dealing?" I ask Jeremy.

"She's never going to go for" Tyler says to him.

"She already did over and over and over again" Jere said Ty trying to push his buttons.

"Ya right" Ty scoffs not believing it.

"Wait you slept with Vicki Donavon" Caroline says not believing it "I mean Vicki Donavon slept with you"

"There's no way" Tyler states agreeing with Caroline.

"Ya and I didn't even have to force her to" Jere said and now everyone is full blown shocked.

"What the hell is he talking about Tt?" Matt asks.

"Nothing man. He's just a punk" Tyler said to Matt.

"Ya I got your punk" Jere steps in.

"Ok everyone shut up and help me find my sister" Matt says to everyone and they get quiet.

"We'll check the bathroom" Bonnie said referring to her, Caroline, and Lena.

"I'll check the square" Matt says.

"I'll come with" Jeremy said about to walk away with him.

"Oh no no no" I say to him "your coming with me" we then start to walk in the other direction. "So that's your game? Dealing?" I ask him.

"I'm not dealing"

"Look I am sick of the tough love speech it clearly has no impact on you"

"Ah man between you, Jenna, and Elena. Between all three of you-"

"We can stop if you want" I interrupt him. "Send you to a therapist were you will forced to talk about your feelings. Or to rehab were you can sit in group and talk to strangers. Or you can talk to me" I tell him

"How about none of the above" he says to me then walks away,

-

I walk up the stairs in my house after they found Vicki. "Jere?" I ask hearing something in his room.

"Nope" aunt Jenna calls "it's me. The hypocrite patrol"

"What are you doing?" I ask her.

"I have become my worst nightmare. A authority figure. Who has to invade a 15 year olds privacy." She then walks across the room and pulls something out "jackpot. I see the hiding spots haven't gotten craftier"

"What brought this on?" I ask her.

"Your ass-hat of a history teacher shammed me good" she says to me.

"You got tannered" I say walking over to his Bing bag and sitting on it "Been there" I tell her.

"Discover the impossible Ms. Summers" she said trying imitate mr. Tanner. "Thanks like I didn't already know I was screwing up"

"Your not screwing up" I tell her

"Yes I am. Do you know why?" She asked. I didn't answer "because I'm not her. She made everything look easy. High school. Marriage. Having you and your sister. I'm going say or do the wrong thing and he's going to get worse and it's going to be my fault." She walks over and sits on his bed "it's impossible"

I sit forward "this is just the fear talking" I assure her "your scared. We all are" I say having a double meaning to it. "I have to go do something" I tell her. She nods her head ok "but are going to be alright" I ask and she nods again.

-

I go up to the door at the Salvatore boarding house and ring the door bell. Stefan answers the door.

"Hey" I say to him.

He looks at me for a few seconds and then steps aside "would you like to come in?" He asked me.

I point behind me "the comet is actually this way" I say to him. I then start to walk out. "Sorry for barging in. Especially with how we left things."

"No no it's ok" he assures me "I didn't like the way we left things"

I shake my head agreeing "I came home today about to do what I always do. Write in my diary. It's what I have always done since my mom gave me and Lena one when we were 10. It's this little book on my second shelf in my room next to this hideous mermaid" he smiles a little "but then I realize the things that I am writing I should probably tell you"

"What would you write?" He asks me.

I look out into to sky then back at him "I would write Dear diary, today I convinced myself to give up. Don't change. Stick to the status qoe. Don't take risks. No drama now is just not the time. But my reasons aren't reason there excuses. All I'm doing is hiding from the truth and the truth is I'm scared Stefan. I'm scared that if I let myself be happy for one moment that the world is going to come crashing down and I don't know if I can survive that."

"Do you want to know what I would write?" He asks me. I shake my head 'yes'. "I met a girl. We talked. And it was epic. Then the sun came up and reality set in. This is reality. Right here." He then leaned forward and I did just until our lips touched for a second. We pulled away looked at each other and smiled then we kissed again.

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

71.8K 935 24
After moving back to Mystic Falls the Salvatore's thought all the drama was over. Of course, the Salvatore's never were that lucky. Add a hybrid, a p...
114K 3.1K 30
New vampire Elena Gilbert is almost happy with her boyfriend Stefan. But then the other brother comes back into town and feelings begin to grow. What...
86.5K 1.7K 82
--Vampire Diaries Fanfiction-- We're all born and one day we all die. But the world isn't that simple. We all know the stories our parents told us be...
132K 2.4K 26
What if Elena had a twin sister? That twin sister also happens to be a vampire. She was turned my Damon Salvatore when he went to go visit her in Eng...