REVOKE ▸ d. winchester [1] ✔

By impalaboys

Book 1 // REVOKE - An Original SPN Story Jackie Kaiser has trained and hunted for her entire life in order... More

author's note
casting
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
500 READS!!
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
New Cover
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
author's note
Chapter 47
Sequel: Revive
New Story!

Chapter 35

6K 191 41
By impalaboys

Jackie's POV

"After the numerous deadly animal attacks in the wildlife preserve and surrounding areas, local authorities have advised the community of Park Ridge to keep clear of the area, and if possible, stay inside. The preserve is as of now closed as rehabilitators and other professionals search the area for the unknown predators. However what exactly they are searching for is a mystery itself. Jim Sanders reports-"

"That's the sixth one I've heard today," I state blankly. "And I've only been up for, like, two hours."

Sam messes with the dial on the old radio, searching for a more interesting station. One that will hopefully give us more than just an insight on the endless reports of 'mysterious animal attacks' across the nation. Several days have passed, now, and it seems as if each hour was being spent listening to the same stories over and over.

"Azrael sure has our work cut out for us." Bobby comes into the room, finally taking a break from answering the almost nonstop calls and voice mails from hunters. "I've got guys that I haven't talked to in years calling in, talking of the most ridiculous monsters they've had to kill. For gods sake, what are you supposed to do with a mix between a Kitsune and a werewolf or a werewolf and a vampire?"

"Hah, werepires," I laugh, just as Dean says, "I told you werepires exist."

From my awkward yet comfortable position on the couch, which consists of my legs dangling over the back and my head on an arm rest, I give Dean a smirk.

Sam glares at Dean. "Dean, this is serious."

"I know. But just say it with me- a werepire."

"No."

"What? I know you want to, come on."

"I'm not saying that."

"You're just-"

"If we could just get back to the main point of all this," Bobby interferes as I listen intently to the boys' bickering. Sam and Dean glare once more at each other but then turn their attention back to Bobby, who stands arms crossed, leaning on his desk.

"I've got hunters anywhere and everywhere, but it's all going to be a pathetic waste of time if we can't figure out why Azrael is making these hybrids. Or how he's even doing it."

"He said he was trying to create some hybrid, the 'ultimate half-breed' or something," Dean begins. "Whatever he called it, he's going against the angel's pact with other supernatural creatures. That's why the angels don't want him to fulfill this prophecy."

"It's called a Chimera. Or at least that's what Azrael called it in the security footage," Sam adds. "And yeah, the angels have some supernatural balance to uphold. Whatever Azrael doing and however he's doing it, he's completely destroying it."

"There's gotta be more to all of this than just creating a Chimera," Bobby points out. "I mean, its a prophecy. Of course there's going to be a greater meaning."

"And what does Jackie have to do with all of this?" Dean asks.

The four of us momentarily sit in silence, thinking, until I decide bring up a tad bit of information I haven't yet told any of them. I bring my legs down from the couch and sit up. "That night, when I took my midnight stroll, Azrael was here. Well he wasn't here, he was in my head."

"We kind of figured that," Sam jokes gently, carefully. I give him an understanding smile, then continue.

"When I was walking through the house here, I thought I was somewhere else. I swear  I was in hell- Or purgatory maybe. Just, somewhere other than here. I was in some forest place... I don't know how to explain it. At first, I thought I was dead, but then Azrael showed up. Initially, he appeared as me, like an identical image of me, but then he changed to his normal vessel. He kept saying things, telling me how I'd later understand everything, and that soon enough, I'd be great, everything I'd been prophesied to be. It doesn't make sense, but he said it would soon." In the end, I send a shrug and throw my hands up helplessly. 

"He's toying with us. He knows more about that prophecy than any of the other angels, and he doesn't seem to want to share," Sam states. "Did he say anything else? What's the last thing he mentioned?"

"He said he'd be seeing me again, then he told me to say hi everybody for him. Next thing I know, I'm standing with a gun to my head. And oh yeah, Azrael says hey," I end sarcastically. I lean back with my arms crossed in front of me, racking my brain for anything else Azrael said that could help us.

"That's great," Dean says back.

"You guys do realize we can't do this without help from the angels, right? And I don't just mean Cas," I point out. From what I gathered, this used to be strict angel business. Now that I'm involved, I think they should know about it. Perhaps they could help. 

All three men in the room sit quietly, thinking over their past partnerships with angels. From their grim stares, I don't bother asking how they went.

"So whatever grudges you have against them, you're just going to have to forget for the time being."

"We don't have grudges," Dean defends the three of them.

"Oh really? Well, then, what's with the jolly faces I got from each of you when I mentioned them?" They instantly wipe the looks of their faces and drop the subject. I'd laugh at them if we weren't in such a tight situation.

"We can figure that out with Cas. Right now our top priority is getting that mark off of you," Bobby decides, pointing a finger at me. 

"Bobby, have you not heard the hundreds of death reports due to 'mutant animals?' People are dying, we can't just put that all off until I'm in the clear."

"That mark could just as easily kill you, Jackie. If we have a chance of getting rid of it, we're going to take it." Bobby had put his foot down, and I know there's no use in arguing. "Now, I'm going to go give Aerona Vaska a ring. Hopefully she'll be able to help. In the mean time, we'll keep our ears open, but we're focusing on that mark."

Bobby gives me the 'that's final' look, complete with the eyebrow raise and everything, then marches out of the room to the phone.

Once he's gone, the boys watch as I roll my eyes at him and sit back, glaring at the doorway where he disappeared.

"Bobby's right, you know." I turn to Sam. "We don't know anything about that mark, even after hours of research. It could kill you."

"Yeah, but then again, there are the thousands of people ready to be mauled by some mutant supernatural hybrid. We should do something."

"Hey, Bobby's got people on that," Dean tells me. "So we're going to focus on you, and when you're all good and dandy and ready to kick some ass, we can focus on saving the world."

"So I'm more important than saving the world?" I ask skeptically.

"To Bobby you are," Sam says. He goes quiet for a moment, and I stay quiet as well as I allow his words hit me.

"You're all he's got left, you know. Of course he's going to worry about you. That's what family does."

"I get it, I really do. But I need him to understand that if something goes wrong, if this mark isn't coming off, we all need to focus on the big picture. He won't ever be able to do that if he's stuck on trying to help me."

"That's not gonna happen, Jack. We're gonna get that mark off and then we're gonna stop that dick angel. After that, then we'll spend the rest of our lives drinking beer, eating pie, and driving off into the sunset with Baby. In that order." Dean sets his face in a determined smirk at the end, one that makes a smile appear on my own face.

"In that order?" I ask, allowing myself an image of the future.

"Well, there might be some improvising towards the end, but everything else, yeah."

I look towards the ground and shake my head, still smiling. "That sounds... Great."

"It should. Sammy's on board, too." He whacks his brother's arm once then gets up from his spot and leaves the room, satisfied with his solution to our problems.

My smile slowly fades after he leaves as I come to the realization that, as great as Dean's fantasy seems, its not reality.

"Sam?"

"Yeah?"

"I need you to promise me that if something does go wrong, you'll talk to Bobby. Please. I can't have him stuck on trying to save me the rest of his life. It'll ruin him."

"Bobby's the most stubborn guy I know, but I will Jackie. I'll try my best, promise."

"Thanks." I give him a grateful smile right as Bobby confidently strolls into the room with Dean behind him. He stops behind the couch and slaps his hands onto my shoulders just as I had done to him earlier this morning.

"Get packing, you lot are Chicago bound."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66.7K 1.2K 27
Elowyn Burnback, winner of the 71st annual hunger games, at 17 years old. Forever haunted by the horrors of the games, how will she cope once she is...
14.6K 584 38
I'm Alina. I'm 22. My mother is a French Hunter. My father was an American Hunter. My mom used to be a good friend of Mary Winchester, so as I grew...
11.7K 281 35
(Y/n) is a WWE Smackdown woman's superstar who just so happen to capture the heart of fifth harmony's Dinah Jane. Follow their journey through the u...
41K 635 38
Nicole 'sunshine' Danvers has had a hard life, but all of that will change when she becomes a Naval Aviator for the United States Navy. Will that cha...