Lopsided Halos

Autorstwa night_flower3

Leila Mathews is a girl who's life is about as complicated as the United States Federal Tax Code (73,954 pag... Więcej

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8

Chapter 9

14 1 1
Autorstwa night_flower3

"I'm sorry to hear that. I should probably get going though, my dad is gonna be worried."

He nodded, quickly standing up and hesitating, before offering me a hand. I took it, surprised by the small sparks his big hand brought to my relatively smaller one. It was almost like static electricity at first, but it soon calmed to a dull hum of electric waves.

It was over all too soon however, as he had pulled me up fairly quickly, leaving my hand feeling lonely and cold.

"Well...bye!" I gave him a small smile, before turning my back and hopping off the rock. His quiet goodbye was drowned out by the howling wind as it flew past my sprinting form. 

I found Death in my room, the light from the moon shining through my window and reflecting off of his guilt stricken and distressed face.

"Leila, I am so s--"

His apology was gut off by my hard punch to his stomach. "Don't you ever make me do that again, understood? Or it won't be their heart being crushed, it will be yours. "

He doubled over in pain, but managed to hiss out a mumbled "Understood."

"Good. Now get up, I have to talk to you about something."

He quickly straightened up, giving me his attention. "What's up?"

"Okay, so you know how when a werewolf's mate dies, they can feel it? Even if they didn't know their mate?"

"Yes..."

"Well, since I'm kinda dead, and Tyler is my mate-"

Realization dawned on him as he began to understand what I was getting at.

He threw his arms up in exasperation, "Bloody hell! He thinks his mate is dead, and that your his second chance mate?!"

"Yes! What the hell do I tell him now?!"

His dark lips parted in an effort to speak, but it was as if he was literally at a loss of words.

"Well, uhh...Hmm."

"Go on..."

He struggled to come up with something to say, and failed.

"Well shit! I don't know! Why don't you ask Fate?"

I rolled my eyes. "Do you actually believe Fate would tell me?"

He sighed, but shook his head. "No, I don't. She'd probably say something along the lines of 'You will figure it out for yourself, when the time comes' or something stupid."

I agreed, nodding my head. "Can't I just tell him the truth? About me being an angel and not actually being dead?"

He sat down on my unkept bed, furrowing his eyebrows in thought.

"Well, as long as he doesn't tell too many others...I don't really see why not. As your mate, he is bound to find out at some point. Might as well be now."

I nodded in agreement, taking a seat next to him. "But what the heck do I say? 'Hey, you know that mate you thought died? Well here's some good news, you're looking at her! Ta da!'"

He rolled his eyes and replied sarcastically, "Yes. Those exact words and everything."

I groaned. "Seriously though! What do I say?"

He smirked down at me, and put on his best girly "Fate" voice he could muster. "You will figure it out for yourself, when the time comes."

"Funny."

"Thanks, I thought so too."

I laid back on my bed, and closed my eyes. Why can't my life be like everyone else's? Boring and simple? I'd trade anyone in a heart beat.

Death's cold and bony hand patted my forehead, and then his presence was gone, leaving me alone in my all too quiet room. I felt nothing but loneliness, and that familiar eerie feeling of being watched.

How am I going to tell Smith about this? I don't think I even want him to know. I'm technically dead! And a murderer. Who wants a mate like that? Not to mention all the scars...If I'm not comfortable seeing myself, how could anyone else be?
~*~

I arrived a few minutes early to first period, for once actually excited to be in class. I was the only one in there at the moment, but I knew Charley and Vanessa would be here soon. They really did make a cute couple.

But as the minutes passed and the class started to fill, I was getting slightly worried. Where were they? The bell was going to ring soon.

Regardless, I still saved them two seats near me.

Just seconds away from the bell ringing, the nearly tardy couple came sprinting into the room, the class laughing as they took in their disheveled appearances. Vanessa's hair was a mess, both of their cheeks were flushed and there was an obvious tent in Charley's pants. I had to cover my mouth in order to stop myself from laughing with the rest of the class.

Vanessa took her seat and put her head down in embarrassment, while Charley had a satisfied smirk on his face.

The teacher gave them an irritated look, and said, "Next time, maybe you should focus a little less time on each other and a little more time on getting to class."

The class let out an "oooooooooh," and the teacher smirked in satisfaction.

Wanting to stick up for my friends, I used my telekinesis to trip the teacher, lifting her feet up from under her, and making her fall backwards onto her butt. To everyone else, it looked like she had slipped on the sleek floor, making the class break out into fits of laughter. Once it died down, and the teacher tried to get up, I used some more force to keep her down there, and said, "Maybe you should spend a little less time on your ass."

Vanessa's jaw dropped as she looked towards me, pure joy shining threw her eyes, her embarrassment long gone. Charley gave me a high five too.

I was very happy with myself, until she told me I had a detention. Greeeaaaaaaattt. And it was only first period.

~*~

By second period, everyone had found out about what happened, and what I had said. I guess word travels fast when you can mind link people.

I ducked to avoid a ball flying at my head, which quickly brought me back to reality and stopped me from zoning out. Erik hadn't talked to me yet, so I decided to make the move and talk to him first. Thankfully we were on the same magic player team, so I have a good opportunity to start some conversation.

I found him on the other side of the gym, and quickly made my way towards him, avoiding the multi-colored balls flying at me as I went.

I watched almost in slow motion as he bent down to pick up a ball rolling by his foot, completely oblivious to the ball hurdling towards him. I ran as fast as humanly possible, and dove in front of him, catching the ball and landing on my stomach with a groan.

I faintly heard the gym teacher shout a, "Great effort Mathews!", but I was more focussed on Erik, who had his hand held out towards me for me to grab. I did so, letting him pull me up and noticing how the sparks I had felt with Tyler were not felt with Erik.

He let go and scratched his head in thought. "Well...thanks."

I smiled, he finally talked to me! "Anytime!"

We then continued to play while I tried to think of something to talk about.

"So did you hear about what happened in first period?"

He caught a ball coming his way before nodding. "Did you really get a detention?"

"Yea, I guess I shouldn't have talked about her ass in class."

He nodded. He's really not a man of many words.

~*~

"-and I was like, "Well why don't you just talk more?' and he was all like, "well why don't you just talk less?" Like can you believe that?"

I shook my head, "n-"

"So like I keep going and I'm like "Because I like to talk to you." and then he was like "Well I just like to hear your voice." which I thought was really cute but like I'd like to hear him talk a little more once in a while, you know?"

I nodded, answering Anastasia's questions and following along with her stories about her and Erik, while also trying to pay attention to Ms. Jacky. She was currently teaching us that when writing a novel, one should show, not tell. By that she means that instead of saying a character is feeling a certain way, you should show it through their actions. Indirect and direct characterization and all that jazz.

This is something that I am trying to work on, so I was really putting some effort into paying attention to what she was saying. Apparently I wasn't doing a very good job.

"Ms. Mathews, I'd appreciate it if you would stop talking to Anastasia and would pay a little more attention to the class. You don't need another detention, do you?"

I swear my jaw almost hit the floor.

"But I wasn't even-"

"Okay, another detention it is then."

I gasped, but didn't respond, knowing that would only make it worse. Anastasia looked really guilty, and kept mouthing "sorry!" to me. I shook my head, letting her know it was okay. I guess all the teachers have it out for me now, even crazy Ms. Jacky. Which sucks, I was really starting to like her.

I saw Ms. Jacky taking a sip from her coffee, and in the spur of the moment I decided to crush the plastic cup, using my telekinesis, smiling when the warm beverage spilled all over her and stained her rainbow clothes.

Wow Leila, you have been really sadistic lately.

Anastasia looked over at me and whispered, "Karma's a bitch."

I nodded. "No kidding."

~*~

When lunch time finally rolled around, I was anxious to get my hands on some food and dig in. This time I was gonna get a grilled cheese with french fries, the veggie burger I had yesterday sucked ass.

Me and Anastasia got our lunches together, me grabbing my grilled cheese and her grabbing a Caesar salad. No wonder why she is so skinny. I don't even remember the last time I had a salad as a meal.

While she continued to apologize for my second detention, I couldn't help but notice all the dirty looks she got. Even the lunch cashier was giving her a scrutinizing stare.

"It's okay, really. It's not your fault, she just doesn't like me. I'm sure she would have came up with any excuse just to get me in trouble. "

She nodded, seeing my point. "You are probably right."

After Anastasia paid for her lunch, she patiently waited for me to pay for mine, and then we headed towards the circular table together. I sat in the open seat between Adam and Vanessa, while Anastasia was pulled onto Erik's lap, giggling when he kissed her neck and whispered in her ear.

"Awww!" I gushed, but quickly apologized when I realized I had ruined the moment.

See Leila? This is why you are single.

I continued to watch as Anastasia told him about her day, Erik watching her and paying attention like she was the only thing in the world that mattered. I then looked at Vanessa and Charley, sighing as Charley made Vanessa blush and laugh, telling her little jokes and complementing the blush on her cheeks.

I watched them all like a romantic film, eating my fries and swooning at the two couples.

I wannnttt thatttt.

Adam poked my shoulder, gaining my attention.

"Hmm?" I asked, my mouth attractively stuffed with fries.

"Two detentions, huh?"

I groaned, swallowing my fries. "Yes! I've never even been to detention before, how does it work?"

He laughed, "Well are they office detentions or classroom?"

"I don't even know!"

"If I were you I would just go to the office after school and tell them you have detention, I'm sure they already know and will know what to do with you."

"Okay, thanks. I'm sure I will figure it out when I get there."

He nodded, "No doubt."

He then looked down at me and smiled, "I'm really glad you are sitting with us, I finally have someone to talk to. These guys are usually too busy talking to each other to talk to me."

I smiled back, but didn't really know how to respond to that. "Well I'm glad to be sitting with you too, you guys are really nice."

He smiled once again, saying "Thanks."

"Well, we have the next two classes together too, so that should be fun."

Ugh, why do I have to be so awkward?

He nodded, "Yep, Ap calc and History. Soooo fun."

"Truueeeeee."

I could feel the awkwardness worsen, so I took a bite from my grilled cheese, giving myself an excuse not to talk. Oh Lord, I still have another two periods of this after lunch.

Death, take me now.

~*~

School was finally over and I was high key considering not showing up to detention. Is that even allowed? Would I just get another detention for not showing up to detention? What if I skip that one too, and every one after that? Would I be expelled?

Maybe I should see for myself and not go...

Stop being such a pussy Leila.

I sighed. Fine, fine.

I made my way to the office as slowly as possible, not at all looking forward to my detention.

I arrived at the dreadful place all too soon, and entered the room, surprised by who was there.

"Tyler...?'

~*~

I hope you enjoyed the chapter! Please leave a comment and let me know what you think of it so far :)

Don't be a silent reader ;)

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

82.5K 451 6
Leila is a werewolf, an Alpha daughter from a rare Alpha line. Due to circumstances prior to her birth, her once proud and powerful pack was nearly...
3.5M 125K 66
Only days after her eighteenth birthday, Charlotte finally joins her pack in attending the Winter Solstice, a gathering of the four Western packs in...
3.2K 173 74
"Look it's the great conjunction." I tell Alexander pointing at the sky. "Where is it?" He asked trying to find the gaseous planets. I grab on to his...
274K 10.4K 29
He is a powerful Alpha and she is a powerful witch. He is troubled and had to watch over his family and pack from a young age. She endure a dark past...