Her Existence (The Prophecy N...

By SamanthaDeal4

The second book of the series Her Prophecy where we follow Alex on her hard journey deciding between becoming... More

The Battle Begins
Preparation
The Fight Starts Now
Losing Him
A Prophecy
King Joshua and Queen Alexandria
Tiny Battle
Small Secrets
Alone
Josh's Old Ties
Finding Alex
Captured
New Powers
Secrets

Taken

4 0 0
By SamanthaDeal4

Josh POV

I kept fiddling with my hands waiting for my que to enter the room. I heard Destruc mention Alex and I wanted to hold her I have been distant because I didn't want to screw up and ruin the plan.

I heard Destruc mention my name and I walked through the door I kept my head down once I entered I slowly rose my head and my heart dropped I saw Alex and she looked breath taking. Her dress only accented her already beautiful features she eyes drew me to her I wanted to kiss her and hold her but I needed to continue with the plan I didn't want to screw it up.

I smiled at Alex as I walked over to her standing next to Alex. Destruc gestured me I nodded and turned towards Alex I grabbed her hand and squeezed it she squeezed mine in return which helped get rid of some of the butterflies in my stomach.

I took a deep breath "Many of you don't know me my name is Josh Alben I am a demon assassin." As soon as I said that many demons hissed at me, men protected their wives by placing them behind them. "Most of my life I had hunted your kind down however I have changed I met your queen and I was able to protect her from my own kind, I saw the error in which my creed fought.

I have trained and fought with your king and queen in the war and I will give my life to protect Alexandria. Your king has welcomed me into his family and I hope you all will learn to accept me into yours."

I stepped back when clapping slowly began soon the ballroom was full of cheers and clapping. I turned towards Alex and brought her closer to me the cheering soon died down. I took Alex's hand in mine turning her towards me "I would also like to make an announcement" I looked at Alex who I saw love in her eyes I knew I was making the right decision.

As I turned Alex towards me I held both of her hands in mine. "Alex the first day I meet you I was fascinated with you knowing you were different than anyone else I knew. Soon I found myself falling in love with you I know I have already done this but I wanted to make this official I can't see myself growing old and not being next to you every day so I'm asking" I bent down on one knee and took out a small black box I opened the top and exposed the ring.

Alex's grip on my hand tightened "Alexandria, the love of my life would you do the honor of marrying me?" I gazed into Alex's eyes "Yes Josh Alben of coarse I will marry you!" I slid the ring on her finger and spun her around hugging her close, I kissed her lips and cupped her cheek in my hand.

A loud roar of applause filled the room I looked and everyone was cheering all I wanted to focus on though was Alex. Destruc came up to my side and placed a hand on my shoulder "Please welcome your future king and queen Joshua and Alexandria!" The cheering only got louder. "Now let's start this off with a dance Josh and Alex you shall begin."

I took Alex's hand and grabbed her waist with the other as we walked down the stairs connecting the second level to the main level. I could feel Alex's energy a trick I learned from Destruc she was nervous I leaned in close to her ear and whispered, "Your fine love calm down" we reached the dance floor and music began playing it was a traditional waltz Alex placed her hand on my shoulder as we connected our other hands together as I pulled her close to me.

As we began dancing Alex leaned in close "You were gone for so long was it for the proposal" Alex whispered "Yes I'm sorry after your father gave me the ring I.." "What! My dad gave you the ring" I nodded my head "Let me explain."

Flashback

"Alex, can you give us a moment" Alex looked at Josh then at Destruc she left soon after. Destruc came up to Josh placing his hand on his shoulder "I see my daughter loves you, you make her happy. I want to show my thanks for that I couldn't be around Alex for reasons when I lost Jocelyn (Alex's mother) I thought Alex was killed in the process. When I found out she was alive I couldn't have been happier but then I saw you I thought you had brain washed her but after I made sure she didn't have anything wrong with her I stopped giving her my blood to have her emotions and feelings return. "

"I soon saw the way she looked at you, when she took you from the dungeon I thought I lost her again but I saw the way you look at her with love and passion willing to die for her. I saw the same thing when she saved you that day. I loved Jocelyn the same way you guys love each other. I was thrilled when I found out you were engaged but I didn't see a ring on Alex's finger. Why is that?"

Destruc asked Josh lowered his head "I didn't think about it for a while I knew I would get her a ring but there were issues that seem pathetic now" Destruc chimed in "True issues do make things difficult I remember when I proposed to Jocelyn she first turned me down I was heartbroken turns out she didn't want people to know of us for dangerous reasons.

Those reasons proved correct however I believe that my daughter is safer with both of us around her so I have a proposition for you" Josh raised his head looking at Destruc "If I help you find the perfect ring will you allow both of you to stay here with me not just to become rulers but to become my family."

Josh contemplated the idea but nodded his head Destruc grinned ear to ear Josh out stretched his hand Destruc took it but pulled Josh in for a man hug "Welcome to the family Josh."

Soon after Destruc called in the royal jeweler to build the perfect ring for Alex. The ring was a black cushion built diamond with white and black diamonds along the band with an inscription inside saying 'fide amare et fortitudo virtute' the sayings from the jewelry Alex and Josh wore.

Once the ring arrived Josh and Destruc planned an event where Josh could ask her again.

End flashback

Alex looked at her ring as they danced "it's beautiful but you didn't need to get me a ring I would of been happy without it" Alex stated as I spun her around "No! You needed a ring to show that you belong to me I saw the men stare at you before I came in they couldn't take their eyes off you even now men stare but they know they can never have you because you are mine forever" I stated with a low growl as I eyed one demon who was looking at Alex but once his gaze meet mine he lowered his head.

Alex pulled me close and kissed my lips I missed those lips I spun us around her dress flowing behind. Soon the song ended and everyone decide to join in on the dancing. Soon the party was in full swing people were dancing, laughing, and having a great time. I kept Alex close to me I missed her and I needed to make up for the time we weren't together.

I laid my head in the crook of her neck I could smell her perfume she wore it smelled like vanilla I loved it when she wore that perfume. I kissed her neck sending a shiver down her spine as she leaned her head back resting it on my shoulder.

I was in a lust filled haze as I held Alex closer to me. I crossed my arms over her chest so no man can look and so I could have her closer to me. I felt a small tap on my shoulder I looked over and saw Destruc I stood up but kept Alex close. Destruc looked over at Alex and grinned he extended his hand "My I have this dance" I smirked at Destruc's cheesy line.

"Of course" Alex stated I reluctantly let go of Alex as I watched them walk to the dance floor I saw something out at the corner of my eye dash across I looked back but didn't see anything. I looked back at the dance floor and saw Destruc and Alex dancing together I could see them doing that at our wedding.

A loud crash broke me from my thoughts I looked towards the sound and my body froze 'no not them.' Everyone stood still as they saw him standing there. I followed his gaze and saw he was looking at...Alex. I sprinted down the stairs but soon more crashes were heard as more of them showed up how did they get here.

"Alex" I screamed hoping she would run towards me but soon a mob of people running away screaming pushed me against the wall. I pushed through trying to find Alex but something hard hit my head causing me to black out. The last thing I saw was a black dress being taken through the window.

I awoke in our room I sat up which was a bad idea my head was pounding and my vision blurred at the sudden movement. I searched the room for Alex I checked the bathroom the closet even under the bed she wasn't here I knew in the back of my mind that Alex was taken away from me.

I stumbled down the hallway using my hand as balance my head spun but I needed to find Alex I entered Destruc's office I saw him with Adam and the two other guys whose names I had forgotten. "Where is she?" I hissed at Destruc who looked saddened by the event.

"Josh calm down" Destruc raised his hands trying to calm me "Where is my fiancé?" I yelled I gripped the doorknob for balance I was breathing deep as my anger was rising. "Josh, they have her the demon assassins...they took her" Destruc stated he clenched his fist on his desk, I was surprised it didn't break.

I felt my heart break I knew in the back of my mind they took her but I didn't want it to be true. I felt my world shatter at his statement the anger I was suppressing finally emerged I felt something burning in my arms and legs "I'm gonna get her back" I said through clenched teeth Destruc and his followers stared at me in shock they stared at me like I was a crazed animal.

"WHAT!" I snapped their glares making me angry "Josh look at your hands" Destruc said I looked down confused what I saw made my body froze "How?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

142 2 23
How does a group of teens go from goofing around in a Halloween store to saving an alternate universe? When the teens find out that they're the chose...
1K 105 30
A storm is coming. The Originals aren't done with Ava and her friends. They have motives far beyond defeating the Hunters. Now, they are willing to t...
195 5 17
After the king's death, Helen and Flora are next to the throne. But they are twins and still young, the only way to be queen is to find a man and sta...