𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐥𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐧 𝐏�...

By erubescere

UNDER HEAVY EDITING (Edited chapters will have gifs at the beginning of them to signal that they have been e... More

⎡preface⎦
⎡i; 1⎦
⎡2⎦
⎡3⎦
⎡4⎦
⎡5⎦
⎡6⎦
⎡7⎦
⎡8⎦
⎡9⎦
⎡10⎦
⎡11⎦
⎡12⎦
⎡ii; 13⎦
⎡14⎦
⎡15⎦
⎡16⎦
⎡17⎦
⎡18⎦
⎡19⎦
⎡20⎦
⎡21⎦
⎡22⎦
⎡23⎦
⎡iii; 24⎦
⎡25⎦
⎡26⎦
⎡27⎦
⎡28⎦
⎡29⎦
⎡30⎦
⎡31⎦
⎡32⎦
⎡33⎦
⎡34⎦
⎡35⎦
⎡36⎦
⎡iv; 37⎦
⎡38⎦
⎡39⎦
⎡40⎦
⎡42⎦
⎡43⎦
⎡44⎦
⎡45⎦
⎡46⎦
⎡47⎦
⎡48⎦
⎡49⎦
⎡50⎦
⎡51⎦
⎡52⎦
⎡53⎦
⎡54⎦
⎡55⎦
⎡56⎦
⎡57⎦
⎡58⎦
⎡59⎦
⎡60⎦
⎡61⎦
⎡v; 62⎦
⎡63⎦
⎡64⎦
⎡65⎦
⎡66⎦
⎡67⎦
⎡68⎦
⎡69⎦
⎡70⎦
⎡71⎦
⎡72⎦
⎡vi; 73⎦
⎡74⎦
⎡75⎦
⎡76⎦
⎡77⎦
⎡78⎦
⎡79⎦
⎡80⎦
⎡81⎦
⎡vii; 82⎦
⎡83⎦
⎡84⎦
⎡85⎦
⎡86⎦
⎡87⎦
⎡88⎦
⎡89⎦
⎡90⎦
⎡91⎦
⎡92⎦
⎡93⎦
⎡94⎦
⎡95⎦
⎡96⎦
⎡97⎦
⎡98⎦
⎡viii; 99⎦
⎡100⎦
⎡101⎦
⎡102⎦
⎡103⎦
⎡104⎦
⎡105⎦
⎡106⎦
⎡107⎦
⎡108⎦
⎡bonus chapter; 109⎦
⎡epilogue; 110⎦

⎡41⎦

59.8K 1.6K 2.3K
By erubescere

I walked down to breakfast with Astoria. I knew what I had to do. I walked up to the head table and went over to Madam Maxime.

"Bonjour Madame," I said curtsying. She gasped.

"No, are you... Rebecca Rosewood's daughter? 'Azel?" She asked in her thick French accent.

"Oui Madam" I replied.

"Oh mon chéri. (A/N: Okay anyone who speaks French or knows some help me please) It iz a shame you didn't come to Beauxbatons. I would 'ave loved to zee you in your clazzez." she said clasping her hands together.

"Je suis désolé Madam, but my father wanted me to stay with my brother."

She nodded. "Vell I hope you are having a good time at Hogwarts. Monsieur Dumblydore iz certainly a good headmaster."

I nodded "Je suis d'accord. Well, it was lovely to see you, Madam." I tried curtsying once more.

"It vas lovely to zee you too 'Azel."

I turned around walked to the Slytherin table. I grabbed a piece of toast and sat at the end of the table.

"Hazel!" I heard someone call my name.

I lifted my head and saw Isaac and Cedric walking over towards the table. I smiled at them as they walked over.

"Hey. What's wrong?" I asked.

"Nothing. I'm just taking a survey." Isaac said sitting down at the table causing me to move back to refrain getting sat on.

"Okay..."

"Would you date a Hufflepuff?" He asked. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"I mean... yeah. I would." I replied skeptically. He seemed surprised by my answer. I took a bite of my toast and didn't notice that they shared a glance.

"Really? I thought Slytherin girls only want bad boys"

I rolled my eyes. "Isaac, I don't live in a book. I don't care if he gets suspended from Hogwarts or if he is the teacher's pet. All I care is that he's kind to me and loyal." He nodded and stroked his invisible beard. I could feel Cedric's eyes on me and did everything to keep myself from looking towards his gaze.

"Next question. Would you date someone who is older than you?" I thought hard and bit my lip.

"Well, it depends. How much older are we talking? I would do a year or two older. Three years... no way." I said.

"I see, I see." Isaac continued to stroke his beard. I took his hand and placed on the table.

"Last question, what do you want most in a relationship?" I sat back a little and turned my head slightly.

"Isaac, are you trying to ask me out in the strangest way possible? I mean, I'm flattered and all but-"

"No, no, no! I'm not asking you out. Just answer the question!" He exclaimed.

"Well. I guess like I said before, loyalty."

"Would you please explain yourself Ms.Rosewood?" He asked holding his wand up to my mouth.

"Well, how would you like it if your girlfriend started to date someone else while you two were dating?" I asked

He thought about it and said, "Yeah I guess that does suck."

Isaac turned to Cedric. "Hey Ced, what do we have second period?" Cedric pulled out his schedule and examined it.

"Er- double potions." He said running his hand through his hair.

He's so cute when he does that.

No, he isn't Hazel! Stop it!

Isaac threw his head back and groaned. I laughed.

"Well, I gotta go to DADA. See you boys later!" I said picking up my books. I left the Great Hall and made it to the DADA classroom. Once everyone was seated Moody started the class. He stood in the front of the room with his hands behind his back. His walking stick was standing in the air without support.

"Alastor Moody." He said. Moody turned around and picked up a piece of chalk, then wrote his name on the board. "Ex-auror, Ministry malcontent." He threw away the chalk. "And your new defense against the dark arts teacher. I'm here because Dumbledore asked me, end of story, goodbye, the end. Any questions?" Nobody rose their hand. His fake eye darted around.

"When it comes to the dark arts, I believe in a practical approach. But first, which of you can tell me how many Unforgivable Curses there are?"

What? We're learning about the Unforgivable Curses? WHAT?!

"Three, sir." Hermione answered in a shaky voice.

"And they are so named?" He asked turning to the board.

"Because they are unforgivable. Use of any one of them will-"

"Will earn you a one-way ticket to Azkaban. Correct. Now the ministry says you're too young to see what these curses do. I say different! You need to know what you're up against, you need to be prepared!" He turned to the board again. "You need to find somewhere else to put your chewing gum other than the underside of your desk Mr Finnigan!" We all turned towards Seamus.

"Aw no way, the old codger can see out the back of his head." he whispered. Moody whipped around and threw the chalk in anger.

"And hear across classrooms! So, which curse shall we see first?" He asked.

Wait, he's seriously is going to do this?!

"WEASLEY!" he yelled.

"Yes?" Ron whimpered.

"Stand"

Ron rose from his seat shaking vigorously.

"Give us a curse."

"Well, m-my dad did tell me about one. The Imperius Curse." He said as scared as hell.

"Your father would know all about that. Gave the ministry quite a bit of grief a few years ago. Perhaps this will show you why." He turned back to the desk and opened a jar with a spider in it. "Hello. What a little beauty." He said scooping up the spider. He pulled out his wand and pointed it to the spider "Engorgio" The spider enlarged. "Imperio!" Moody said. He was now in control of the spider.

Moody made it jump onto Dean and Neville's desk, then onto Crabbe's face. Everyone started laughing. I for sure wasn't.

"Don't worry. Completely harmless."

He brought it over to me and it landed on my head. I was emotionless and rested my head on my fist. Getting bored, Moody moved the spider over Ron's head. He started to have a panic attack.

"But if she bites... she's lethal!" Moody was having the time of his life. Draco started laughing hysterically. "What are you laughing at?" he asked before sending the spider onto Draco's face. He started flapping his hands like a little girl. "Talented isn't she? What shall I have her do next? Jump out the window?" Everyone went silent as Moody made the spider go to the window. "Drown herself?" He held the spider right over some water but brought it back instead.

"Scores of witches and wizards have claimed that they only do you-know-whose bidding under the influence of the imperious curse. But here's the rub, how do we sort out the liars? Another... another... Come on, come on."

People started to raise their hands. Including Neville.

"Longbottom is it? Up." Moody instructed. Neville stood up slowly. "Professor Sprout tells me you have an aptitude for herbology." He said.

Neville nodded. "T-There's the um... The Cruciatus Curse." he said.

"Correct! Correct! Come, come. Particularly nasty. The torture curse." They walked over to the desk and Moody set down the desk and pointed his wand. "Crucio!" he shouted. The spider started to squeal in pain.

I watched Neville's face, the spider being tortured and Moody casting the spell. I couldn't take it longer.

"Stop it! Can't you see it's bothering him, stop it!" I shouted standing up. Moody looked up at me, startled, then back at the spider. He lowered his wand and glanced at Neville. Mad-Eye picked up the spider and brought it to my desk.

"Perhaps you could give us the last Unforgivable Curse Miss. Rosewood."

I glanced up at him and I shook my head. I knew what was coming. My eyes started to water slightly.

"No?" He took a second to make sure I wasn't going to say anything.

"Avada Kedavra!" A flash of green light sprouted from his wand. I glanced down at the spider now dead on my desk. "The Killing Curse. Only one person is known to have survived it. And he's sitting in this room." He said walking over to Harry. He took out his flask and had a sip.

. . .

When class was over the trio and I walked out silently until we reached the steps.

"Brilliant isn't he! Completely demented of course. Terrifying to be in the same room with, he's really been there you know." Ron said.

"There's a reason those curses are unforgivable, and to perform them in a classroom. I mean did you see Neville's face?" Hermione asked. I nudged Hermione. Neville was leaning against the wall looking out the window. I went up to him.

"Neville?" I asked gently placing my hand on his shoulder.

Mad-Eye pushed through us and approached Neville. He pat him on the shoulder. "Son. You alright?"

Neville nodded solemnly.

"Come on, we'll have a cup of tea. I want to show you something."

They left back upstairs without a word. I rummaged through my bag for my The Standard Book of Spells book. I couldn't find it. Then I remembered that they were surprisingly out of stock in Flourish and Blotts so I asked them to deliver it to me. Snape said he would pick it up.

"I have to go to the dungeons guys. See you later!" I exclaimed running down the stairs. I raced down to the dungeons and opened the door. Snape was teaching a sixth-year class. Cedric and Isaac noticed me at once. They were all standing in front of a potion.

"Pity." Snape said to the class. "Ms. Rosewood, while you are here could you help these sixth years figure out what potion this is?"

I nodded and stepped towards the potion. Easy.

"Oh, this is the Amortentia, the strongest love potion in the world. It doesn't create actual love, of course. That's impossible. But it does cause a powerful infatuation or obsession. For that reason, it is probably the one of the most dangerous potions in the world. You can recognize it by its distinctive mother-of-pearl sheen and the steam rising in spirals. It's supposed to smell different to each one of us, according to what attracts us. For example, I can smell," I leaned inwards and breathed in through my nose.

"Cinnamon, pine, vanilla, and..." I bit my lip. I know this last smell. Peppermint? No... peppermint... Cedric.... I blushed and looked up at Snape who seemed to be paying no attention whatsoever.

"A fourth year can identify an advance potion and you can't? What a shame." He whirled around and picked up the parcel that contained my book in it. He handed it to me and I took it, leaving without a word. Once I got outside I put my head against the stone wall and sighed

There is no way you can possibly be falling for Diggory.

I signed and stood up straight. This is not going to affect me. I am an independent girl... With a hopeless crush.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 12 12
𝘋𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘰 𝘩𝘢𝘥 𝘢𝘭𝘸𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘩𝘢𝘥 𝘢 𝘤𝘳𝘶𝘴𝘩 𝘰𝘯 𝘏𝘢𝘳𝘳𝘺. 𝘈𝘵 𝘧𝘪𝘳𝘴𝘵 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘢𝘵 𝘏𝘰𝘨𝘸𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘴 𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘦...
227K 5.8K 73
all rights to Harry Potter belong to JK Rowling. I do not own the majority of these characters. Evelyn Malfoy is the oldest daughter of the Malfoy fa...
13.1K 291 12
𝐀 𝐃𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐨 𝐌𝐚𝐥𝐟𝐨𝐲 𝐟𝐚𝐧𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧, 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐝 𝐬𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐟𝐮�...
15.8K 300 37
||| COMPLETED ||| - SPICYish (at times) - 🤰🏻Celina washes up at Hogwarts after a freak boating accident.Dumbledore believes she is here for a reas...