Blindly Running into Trouble

By everyday_imstumblin

"Basically this story is about Avan who is a blind, grumpy, moody, arro-" "Okay! I think they get your po... More

chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
Chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
Chapter 16
TEASER!! coz i'm cool like that
Chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
Chapter 20
chapter 21
Blindly Running into Trouble-THE MOVIE!!!
Part I
Part II
Part lll

chapter 22

12K 402 37
By everyday_imstumblin

Avan’s POV

“Oh imagine the looks on those old hags’ faces when I show them the pic of us!” the women giggled, while I scrunched up my face. “They’ll be wondering how I got such a handsome young man!” she playfully slapped my arm, I tried to create some distance between us but she pulled me even closer.

No more chances, Ciara’s gotta go!

This is too much for me! When Kitty ran away from me at the park, she forgot one little detail…Me! I can only get home with jasper or someone but not by myself!

God that girl, if I didn’t love her I would murder her. Yes, yes I love her but I think I learned my lesson on telling Ciara anything important like this. With the number of times I’ve been interrupted, I’ll just keep it to myself.

Back to the present, so I had to ask someone to lead me home, praying that they weren’t a weirdo but it seems lately that my luck has run out whenever I’m with Ciara. The first person I asked just so happen to be a desperate, old woman.

I tried to get away from her once my instincts kicked in, telling me that this person may be the death of me. It was the same instincts that I got when I first met Ciara, but it stopped for some odd reason. But for this old hag, my gut feeling is telling me to forget getting home and just make a run for it!

It’s that bad but then I thought about Kitty who’s probably huddled in a corner thinking about her embarrassing moment.

*A random bubble portal appeared*

“I can’t believe I did that!” I groaned in my hands and pulled my legs to my chest.

“Avan must be so embarrassed to be with me.” I started rocking on the floor, my old habits (That I tried really hard to get rid of) kicked in and soon I was sucking my thumb…

Yes, I’m 17 years old and I suck my thumb in desperate moments…not my best habit if I must admit. Damn my baby years!! My first words were apparently “Kill Fido.” How the devil did that happen? Oh so conveniently my arch nemesis just so happened to my first precious moment as a baby.

Man, I felt sorry for my parents who were probably betting on whose name I would say first.

Suddenly my door opened to reveal Amber. She stood by the doorway with Fido by her side. Fido whined but to me it sounded like a snicker…Grr, Kill Fido.

Great, I’m talking in baby language, another one of my horrible habits.

“Mom! Ciara’s in her depressing corner again!” Amber yelled and then turned and walked away. What a nice cousin…so thoughtful to care for her depressed cousin…Kill Amber!

*Bubble portal was popped by a needle.*

So now I have to endure this torment until the woman can get me home. By the sound of her voice, she sounds around her mid 30’s. The nasally voice means she either had a very annoying voice or has a blocked nose.

I’m going with both…

The rustling of fabric means she’s wearing way too much. I could practically hear all of her jewelry jingling together. I bet that this chick has loads of make-up on her face to make her seem younger. Her hand that was wrapped around my bicep probably has claws, well not really but they damn well feel like em’!

I silently groaned and prayed this be over. I can take only so much talking and how the hell did she take a picture of me?!

‘Coz you’re blind dude.’

Immediately I froze. My head snapped to each side to hear that voice again. “Avan honey are you ok?” Fran asked. “Yeah of course.” I gave her a smile that she squealed too. We then continued on walking. I actually almost forgot her name since I’ve been calling her old hag the whole time. Of course not out loud coz I need her to take me home and possibly to apologies to Ciara.

Reason: Coz it’s always the guys fault.

I learned that from Devon, when he had a girlfriend she blamed everything on him.

She dropped her stuff - blamed Devon for not catching it in time.

She hit a person and yes, it was on purpose – pointed the finger at Devon (who as a result, got arrested. The chick she slapped…was a cop)

She took candy from a baby – Devon found out that mothers are really fast runners and extremely good tacklers.

Yep, it’s always the guys fault. I wish one day the guys could get away with whatever they didn’t do and blame it on the girls and see how they feel!

‘Amen to that brother’

There it was again! My brows furrowed in confusion, how can someone hear what I’m saying in my head? I decided to test if I’m insane, I probably got whatever disease from Ciara. It’s the only explanation I’ve got!

‘Uh…hey’ I spoke mentally

‘Sup’ it replied.

‘Who are you?’ I asked, while trying not to think I’m going insane.

‘You’

‘Me?’ a frown fell on my face. I must look like a complete weirdo with all my facial expressions.

‘Us’ suddenly I could see a figure. Which is weird since I haven’t seen anyone in years. If I remember the colours correctly, the guy was wearing a black leather jacket with a white tank top under. He wore jeans and a pair of combat boots. He was leaning against, I think it’s a motorcycle.

All in all, this guy seems like a bad ass.

What the F-‘So you’re the guy I’m stuck in. Great, I’m stuck with a blind one.’ The guy scoffed and in frowned. Both in anger and confusion, coz I seriously have no idea what the hell is going on!

‘Blind and stupid, what more could you torment me with?’ the guy raised his hands to the sky and whined. Now I was getting pissed, I walked up to him and got right in his face.

‘You better watch what you say’ I sneered at him, the guy raised his hands in surrender and backed off when he saw my fists clenched. He knew I was so close to punching the guy and as if he knew what I was thinking he said ‘I wouldn’t do that unless you want to hurt yourself’

I groaned out in frustration, ‘What the hell is going on here?!’ yelling at him, I was close to just ripping out my hair. ‘Calm down man, look I’m you. I’m like your inner conscious to help you out in life and shit.’ Staring blankly at him I said ‘So basically I’m losing it.’ the guy pretty much shrugged and nodded.

Yeah, your girlfriends’ conscious woke me up from my slumber.’ the guy smirked, ‘She was a hot babe I gotta say and I wouldn’t mind ban-‘

‘Wait, wait, wait…’ cutting him off, I took a step back. ‘Are you saying that Ciara has one of you’ the guy nodded ‘And it’s in her head.’ He nodded again. I took a moment to process everything…‘Huh….why am I not surprised?’ Ciara is definitely rubbing on me…it’s so creepy.

‘So…what’s your name? Or whatever they call you’ I asked and crossed my arms.

‘Talon.’ I nodded once, then looked around only to see black.

‘So how do I get out of here?’ Talon grinned.

‘Like this.’ he didn’t give me enough time to process his words when suddenly a fist came in contact with my face.

“Son of a Mother F-” My curse was cut off when my lips came in contact with something hard. Someone screamed really loud, flinching back I opened my eyes only to see familiar darkness. I couldn’t even go into depression when a loud ‘Slap’ rang through the air.

Now that I noticed but my cheek began to sting. Clamping my cheek, I tuned into my senses to get an idea on what was going on around here!

“Avan! How d-dare you do that?!” Fran’s voice sounded nervous and almost flustered.

‘Smooth dude.’ Talon spoke in my head, though he sounded like he was holding back a snicker.

‘What did I do?!’

Talon couldn’t hold it in and let out a loud laugh, ‘You, my friend, just kissed the old hags’ boobs’

“Then why the hell was that so hard?!” I didn’t realize I said that out loud until I could feel Fran’s anger hitting me in waves.

“My boobs are not hard! It was that stupid doctor’s fault my girls are like this!”

“Whoa, too much info lady!” wait…I didn’t say that.

‘No, but I did.’

 “Wha-Hey!” suddenly Fran started to hit me with her bag, I quickly put my arms up to block them from hitting my head. I can tell that the stupid bag has a lot of stuff, seriously what do girls even carry?! It’s like they prepared for the apocalypse!

‘If I were you, I would make a run for it. Blind or not, it’s way better then sticking around here.’ I took talons advice and made a quick getaway. I could hear Fran’s screams but I just blindly ran, praying that I wouldn’t bump into anything coz that would hurt like a bitch, especially since I’m running full speed.

Once I thought I was far enough, I stopped to catch my breath. Listening intently, I searched through the sounds for any signs of Fran. I let out a breath when I heard nothing. Then without warning, something wet licked my hand.

I squeaked and jumped in surprise but then realised my mistake and quickly put on a manly voice. “Who’s there?” my reply was a small bark. Recognizing that sound, I crouched down to be licked on the face by jasper.

“Jasper, what the hell are you doing here?” I scratched her behind her head as she let out little barks. “Hey girl, can you take me to Ciara’s house and as a reward you get to hang out with Fido.” She was extremely happy, grinning, I led my hands to her back to find the leash. Grabbing it I sent her a command and we were off.

Next stop, Ciara’s house.

***

Hunching over, I gasped for air. Sweat poured down my forehead, next to me I could hear Jasper panting. She too was tired from the run away from Fran. We ran around a few block to get rid of her, but damn can that women run.

‘Persistent old hag.’ Mentally agreeing with Talon, I straightened up and dusted of my clothes. Being blind means I’m going to trip a few times. Inhaling through my nose and letting out through my mouth, I did that a few times before I started making my way to the front door.

Knocking on the door, I waited for it to open. On the other side I could hear bickering and then a crash followed by a curse and a bark.

Just another day at the Swan’s residence…

Rolling my eyes I was about to knock again when the door opened. The smell of lavender filled my nose, easily I could tell that this was Ciara. Always being around her, I can tell the difference between her and another person. If fact, I’m that confident to find her through a crowd, well, she is the person I love.

But I’m not telling her that…

“Ciara’s not here!” the voice was deep and gruff. Like Ciara was trying to sound like a man…idiot. I’ll give her credit for improving in imitating a man’s voice, it’s definitely gotten better since the last time she tried it.

“I know it’s you Ciara” I said with a monotone voice.

“Urgh! Whatever, I don’t want to talk to you right now. So if you excuse me but I believe there is a lonely corner calling my name.” told ya, she would go to a corner and cry. See! I know my girl. I’m getting used to her weird way and I think I can actually predict them, like right now Ciara’s about to slam the door on me.

Quickly I put my hand out and pushed the door using my well-earned muscles. I’m proud of my guns, I suddenly have the urge to kiss my biceps…

Snapping out of my thoughts (that I’ll do later…in private) I stepped onto the threshold, I let Jasper go find Fido, I’m sure I can handle Ciara by myself. “Sorry kitty, but it’s gunna take a lot more than that to get rid of me.” smirking, I took a step forward and I could tell that she took one back.

Gotcha now my kitty!

“Ha! That’s why I planned a backup!” I could just feel the smirk on her come on her face. My brows fell in confusion when my legs suddenly bumped into something. It wasn’t hard but it felt like…rope?

Leaning down, I let my hands glide over the rope, I travelled along it until it came upwards to a post. Tilting my head to the side, Kitty decided to clear my confusion. “It’s a velvet rope I bought from ebay.” she sounded so smug “You know the ones they have to keep certain people out.”

Shaking my head at her, I lazily smirked “Like that will keep me away.” Taking a step forward until I felt the rope touch my legs. I then lifted one leg to cross over it.

“I wouldn’t do that if I were you.” rolling my eyes at her, I wondered what can she possibly do if I cross this rope. Taking the chance, I put my foot down and waited.

When nothing happened I opened my mouth to gloat when a sudden force smashed into my chest, sending me flying backwards. My back hit the floor so hard, it knocked the air out of me.

‘Damn…that looked like it hurt.’ Talon said with a wince.

‘No shit Sherlock!’

 Groaning in pain, I stayed on my back until most of the pain began to fade. I could hear footsteps coming closer and then a hand started to pat my head. Ciara should really be a good girlfriend and let her boyfriend or better yet, NOT HURT HIM IN THE FIRST PLACE!!

“Oh would you look at that, the velvet rope came with its own bouncer.” Ciara fake gasped and then giggled as I tried to sit up. “Avan meet Maddox, Maddox, my boyfriend Avan.” The guy grunted in response. “Thank you Maddox, I think you can go home for the rest of the day.” Ciara said while I slowly got on my legs, though my ribs are killing me. Thankfully Maddox didn’t break any of them, but I will be expecting bruises.

I heard heavy footsteps coming my way, quickly I moved away from him until I knew he was gone. “The hell Ciara?!” I groaned out in pain and clutched my stomach. “Sorry, he wasn’t supposed to put that much force” she pity pat my shoulder “But anyway, get out of my house before I call him again.”

I opened my mouth to say something, abruptly I felt like I was being pushed back.

‘Watch how a real man handles this.’ Talon said with arrogance.

‘You do know that also means me, since we are the same person.’ I raised a brow at him. Talon looked at me for a second, ‘Oh…’ I snorted at his reply. ‘Whatever, just do what you want’ I wasn’t really confident about doing this, since I was new to all this…weirdness.

But eh, I’m already bordering the line of insanity.

Talon took full control of my body, he rolled his shoulders and then made his voice turn deep and husky. “Ciara, my love” the words sounded so smooth coming from my mouth, making Ciara shiver. Wow, Talon sure has some skills. Lord knows I’m not skilled in flirting since no girl wants a blind guy.

Talon held out his hand, waiting for her to take it. But it may be a bit hard since she froze or more like stunned as she looked me up and down.

Huh, maybe I should try seducing her more often.

Ciara’s POV

“I-I, A-Avan?” I stuttered at the sudden change in Avan. I could tell immediately he was different, no way would Avan seduce me, I mean that’s slutty side’s job.

‘Mmmm, mummy likey though.’ Slutty me looked Avan up and down, then licked her lips. ‘Oh can I have him?!’ she begged, clawing at me to come forth.

‘No! Can’t you see he’s acting strange?’

‘Yes but I like it!’ slutty side began to purr. I quickly slapped her face to snap her out of it. ‘Down girl!’ slutty side hissed and ran to a corner. Turning back to the stranger in front of me, I decided to humor him and play along to his seducing ways.

I mean, it’s not like Avan is experienced in this field!

Placing my hand in his, Avan lightly gripped mine and pulled me forward. Stumbling I practically fell in his arms. One wrapped around my waist and the other still holding my hand. Looking up to his face, I gasped in surprise as Avan leaned closer to my face.

Ok maybe I was wrong…

His lips trailed along my jaw, down to my neck. “My love…” his chest rumbled under my hands which were gripping his shirt like a life support. I lowly moaned when he placed small kissed on my neck. His hand that was holding my hand, travelled down my arm and up towards to cup my neck.

His touch sent a shiver down my spine. “Avan.” I said breathlessly, I wanted-no needed to kiss him. Turning my head to the side, Avan also had the same idea as he pulled slightly back and then moved closer.

Just as our lips touched –“Whoa! You can smell the sexual tension in the air.” My head snapped to glare at Amber who was fanning herself. Flanking her sides were Fido and Jasper, they were both sniffing the air. Grumbling under my breath, I cursed Amber in seven different languages I invented.

“Why must you ruin everything?!” I exclaimed and stomped my foot like a child. Amber lazily shrugged, “It’s fun.” she then turned on her heels and left, Fido and Jasper following closely behind. Staring blankly at where she last stood, I was about to go make my way to the kitchen to grab a butcher knife when the arms around me didn’t let me go.

I gazed up at Avan who leaned in close to my ear, brushing against it he whispered ever so deeply “Don’t my love, we will have time to our self and I promise you that no one will stop us.” gulping, I could feel my face heat up. “But until then…” he nipped my ear and I squealed.

Chuckling deeply, Avan pulled me close and placed his head on mine. Pressing my face into his hard chest, I breathed in his musky, manly scent. Oh I could just bathe in this!

We fell into a comfortable silence. I quite enjoyed the peace, though it did not last long because…

“Avan! Found you, you naughty boy! Don’t worry I forgive you for your stunt. I just didn’t know that you wanted that but I’m more than willing right now! So why don’t we go find somewhere more private.” my eyes went to an old hag.

She had a face that would make children cry with one look, way too much perfume and make-up. Her clothes did not flatter her at all and I’m pretty sure she’s wearing all the jewelry she’s ever owned.

She looked at me too, probably doing a quick once over as I did with her. By the look on her face, I clearly seemed like the dirt beneath her feet. “Uh, who are you?” I asked while placing my hands on my hips, I noticed that Avan went awfully silent.

“I’m Avan’s girlfriend” she sounded smug while my face scrunched up.

“The hell! He’s mine you old hag!” I sneered at her. The witch stepped inside my house and we both got up in each other’s face. “No he’s not! Otherwise he wouldn’t have kissed my precious girls” she pointed to her saggy breasts. The poor bra!

“How- What?” I can’t even form a sentence at how disgusted, confused and annoyed I was. Disgusted coz Avan kissed that, confused at how she came to the conclusion of him becoming her boyfriend and annoyed because Avan wasn’t saying anything.

Decided the best action was to ask Avan, so I turned around to face him. “Avan what is sh-Avan?” I looked around only to see nothing. My mouth fell, he did not just run away!

“See he ran away from you!” the hag said smugly while I just scoffed at her, “He ran away from you too!” I snapped at her and then proceeded to find Avan and kill him.

I can’t believe he just left me! Oh when I get my hands on him…

Avan’s POV

‘Dude, why the hell are you running away?!’ I yelled at him as we got further away from the house. We didn’t even bring Jasper, so now I’m back to blind running. Hopefully I will find a nice person who will let me borrow their phone to call Devon or something.

‘Think of it in this way, you have two women in one room. One is a desperate old hag that thinks you want her-‘ I shivered in disgust at that ‘And the second is your confused girlfriend who will most likely attack you for answers and since she’s slightly on the wacko side, who knows what she will do. So, would you want to stay if they decided to team up and violate you?’ that would suck. ‘Or would you let them handle it, which may lead to a cat fight but that means you can deal with Ciara alone.’

‘I don’t know…’

‘Don’t worry about that, all I have to do is seduce her and we will be fine’

Since Talon put it that way…

I added my own strength to push myself faster in running. Hopefully I will be able to escape and lay low for a couple of days. Maybe by then Ciara will calm down.

“Avan!” I could hear her scream that echoed through the neighbourhood.

‘Oh shit! Your girlfriend is nuts’ Talon huffed out and I nodded in agreement.

 We are so screwed when she finds us…

***

So Avan has a inner thing/person *gasps* anyway let's get down to business, i know by now that you all want to kill me but...

(∩`-´)⊃━━☆゚.*・。゚

back off i got magic and i'm not afraid to use it!!!

*assistant slaps author...kind of like this*

(○`д´)ノシ Σ(っ゚Д゚)っ

 "Why must you hate me so much?!" the author yelled at her while rubbing her sore spot.

"Because i can!"   ψ(*`ー´)ψ

"So evil" author sneered at evilly laughing assistant.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3K 182 14
Leila hates the cold. Every winter, she bundles herself up in multiple layers to fight the snowy weather, earning her the nickname Little Penguin due...
An Innocent Affair By Laura

Historical Fiction

259K 23.3K 43
For Jem Denham, life became serious the moment he laid eyes on Miss Cressie Martin. As the youngest of five children, he was used to being considered...
459K 13.7K 61
-Book one in the Billionaires' Boys' Club Series- Playboy, millionaire Luke Brooks is a gift from God to women (or so people say). He has the money...
360K 14.2K 68
*REWRITTEN VERSION OF THIS STORY IS NOW POSTED AS HEART OF FIRE* | HIGHEST RANK: #13 in Vampire on 5/10/18 #526 in Romance on 7/12/18| She was the...