Mirrors | Malum

prettyboymalum

"Look in the mirror Calum, you're beautiful, and everything that's beautiful is mine." "I don't belong to you... Еще

Malum AU
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
41
42
43
44
Epilogue
Sequel?
The sequel is up!!
100k!!!

40

2.1K 114 93
prettyboymalum

A/N; I'm sorry I haven't written in a while. I sort of gave up on this story but I'm back again with shitty ideas that nobody's really going to read anyway. To those who do still read after weeks of not updating, enjoy.

-

Michael

I couldn't believe it when I checked the calendar lying around my house. It's been a while since I bothered with the date, since the only times I genuinely cared about were my anniversary with Calum and the dates we had planned and are planning on going on in the future.

It's been such a long time that I didn't realize school was starting up again. My mum called early in the morning, precisely around six in the morning when she knew I liked my beauty sleep. But of course, her voice was like an alarm clock that rung through my ears while the sky was still dark and demanded for me to wake up.

"Dear, I hope you have a wonderful first day back at school."

Fuck was the first thing I mumbled, and I went to check up on Luke since he decided to come back from Ashton's place to live with me again, but then I remembered that he dropped out a while ago since he was tired of people calling him immature names. I could understand, I guess, but I wanted to graduate. I wanted to be remembered as the guy who pursued to go through his career despite having best friends who didn't. I wanted to be the guy who kept going even though he didn't want to. That guy, but I was dreading getting out of bed this morning, especially because it meant I couldn't spend the entire day sneaking around with Calum and calling him cute little nicknames such as puppy and my little raccoon which didn't really make any sense but neither did life.

As I was getting ready - brushing my teeth, combing my hair, throwing on a basic outfit and grabbing a granola bar out of the cabinet - I dialed Calum's number to remind him that I was starting school today. I knew he'd be upset, since he wasn't enrolled any longer because his parents believed home school was better for his education, which pissed me off because we could go to the same exact school and would still be able to sneak around without them knowing.

"Hey baby," Calum answered the phone, his voice seeming raspy and a little off, as though he were crying earlier but I was always able to tell when he was upset or wasn't upset. It was kind of our thing in a way.

"Hey princess, I just wanted to let you know that school is back in season or whatever, meaning we can't spend the day together."

"O-Oh," Calum said, sounding more depressing than usual. I understood when he was sad, but I really didn't like it when I could hear him sniffling on the other end of the phone.

"What's wrong?" I pursed, throwing away the remainder of my granola bar after taking a bite since I no longer had the appetite for it, or for anything really.

"J-Just you know, I'm a little worried that you're going to find somebody who's better than me. Not that I'd blame you for that but I really love you and fuck Michael, please don't find somebody else. I need you in my life more than I've ever needed anybody and if I lose you, I'll lose myself too."

"I spent months fighting for you, love. Do you honestly think I'd leave you for some 'apparently attractive' guy in school? I would never." I meant it, a hundred percent. I'd do anything and everything to keep Calum by my side, even if it meant risking my own life. I care more about him than I care about myself and that's a crazy thing to say.

"That makes me feel a little better," Calum retorted with a sniffle following close behind, "I hope you have a wonderful first day back babe and just know I'm always thinking about you."

"I'm always thinking about you as well."

-

I was sitting in math class, feeling oddly bummed about the fact that it was first period. Typically I wouldn't mind it because you're getting it out of the way and won't have to deal with it for the rest of the day, but my mind is everywhere and I can't focus on one of the most difficult subjects out there. I mean sure, there's harder ones such as chemistry or whatever but chemistry is literally just math with a bunch of chemicals.

"Michael Clifford, you're wanted in the principals office."

What did I do now was the only thing running through my mind at the moment. I wasn't one of those students who went to the back of the school to get high and I definitely wasn't caught having sex in one of the bathrooms here, which I don't know why I would since I'm waiting for Calum, but it still didn't make any sense.

I nervously stumbled towards the principals office where the man I absolutely despised sat in his spinning chair with a smile on his face. I couldn't say it looked evil, because that'd be completely unrealistic. It was natural and it creeped me out a bit.

"You wanted to see me?"

"Yes, Michael. It's nothing bad, you're a good kid."

I felt a wave of relief wash over me when he said that and I took a seat in front of him so he could speak to me about whatever it is he wanted me for on the first day.

"Do you know what these are?"

"Um flowers?" I questioned awkwardly. They were lavender roses, which for the record - I had no clue they existed until now, but I wasn't dumb enough to not acknowledge the fact that they are indeed flowers.

"Yes, but they're not just any flowers. They're flowers that were sent to you."

My eyes nearly popped out of my head when he said that. Somebody sent me flowers?

"W-What do you mean?"

"Please Michael, read the tag. It's quite adorable." Maybe I have some sort of secret admirer in this school. That'd be weird.

I moved the chair closer to the desk that the flowers stood on and awkwardly grabbed the pink piece of paper that was sticking out of the vase.

Dear Michael,

I love you a lot. I know I tell you this nearly everyday but it's taken me so much courage to just tell you that. You see, I didn't want to become attached. I didn't want to tell you that I'm afraid of mirrors and I'm afraid of commitment because I thought you would just leave me in the end. But here we are, months after, sneaking around and hiding in the back of cars to make out and we're kissing by the fountains and the train station where everyone can see us and it's beautiful.

You're beautiful.

You tell me those two words everyday and I'm starting to become a little confident within myself. You've taught me how to eat better, how to start working out again, how loving myself will give me love in return and I truthfully can't thank you enough for this - which is why I literally snuck out of my parents house to buy you these at six in the morning. I hope I made your day my precious little angel.

I love you, I love you, I love you.

Sincerely,

Calum Thomas Hood, a.k.a the love of your life.

I felt a smile creeping up on my face after finishing along with watery eyes. I, of course, blinked them away so my principal wouldn't judge me but I felt so thankful knowing that Calum went out of his way to send me flowers at school.

The only thing that confused me was how he found out what school I went to, but I certainly wasn't going to question him on it.

"Can I take them with me?"

"Of course. I just didn't think it was appropriate for me to bring them into your classroom and have everybody ask you to read it out loud. I know how homophobic people can be sometimes, but don't worry, I'm an accepting person. Besides, I have a husband myself."

It shocked me to hear that, because I didn't know, out of all people, that my principal was gay or bisexual or pansexual or whatever it is he was. I was just thankful that he called me down to the office and made this as private as possible.

I couldn't wait to thank Calum when I got home.

-

I called Calum the minute I arrived home from school and I cheekily asked him over the phone if he'd be willing to sneak out again and come to my place. He said yes, I'll be over in ten and I texted him the address. He automatically knew where I lived since it was within walking distance and we could easily hang out if his parents weren't so uptight.

I fixed my hair up a little bit as well as shaved so I could look nice and groomed up for my boyfriend. I knew he didn't care much about my appearance but I wanted him to know that he made me feel special and deserved to see me at my best.

I heard the doorbell ring and I wasn't even nervous to open it.

The minute I did, I saw Calum standing there with a flustered expression on his face as I grabbed a hold of his hand and pulled him inside. As soon as the door was locked - I made sure of this so that Luke couldn't barge in - I lightly slammed him against the wall and began peppering him with kisses.

"Whoa, what's all this for?"

"For the flowers."

"You got them?" Calum asked, his cheeks flushing a crimson red again.

"Yes and I love them so much that they're literally going to stay in my bedroom until they die."

Calum giggled a bit, pressing a kiss to my lips in return. It was nice knowing that he was finally becoming comfortable with intimate contact, that he didn't mind kissing me or holding my hand. That he was accepting himself and learning to understand that not everything is going to be perfect but perfect starts with something and that something is us.

That something is a kiss that can be cherished forever - intertwined fingers that can be cradled into a memory - a cuddle that can be engraved into our minds - a story about finding love in all of the wrong places. The wrong places that just felt so right.

"I love you so fucking much, Michael."

"I love you so much more, Calum," I replied, pressing a small and gentle kiss to his forehead before moving us two away from the wall and towards the couch for us to watch movies.

"If it weren't for you, I would have been dead a long time ago," Calum mumbled as he ran his thumb across my own and looked me in the eyes shyly. He's so cute. I just want to kiss him all the damn time.

"And if it weren't for you, I would have been crying in my bed because nobody really wanted me since I was just this cocky guy who wears leather jackets and dyes his hair multiple colors."

"You are so beautiful that you give the sun a reason to shine ."

I smiled as I cradled Calum closer, his arm slightly towering over mine, but his petite body felt warm as he cuddled closer into me.

"You're getting better at those."

"I would sure hope so," Calum chuckled, and that was how we spent our night - reciting pick-up lines that were completely useless but hey, it's our thing.

-

A/N;

This chapter was so fluffy oh my god. I'm also sorry for the long wait but you guys got a super long update. I was going to make this the last chapter but I decided I'll add a few more.

There's about 5-10 chapters left, can't decide which amount yet depending on how my ideas plan out and unravel.

But thanks to those of you who have stuck around for this dumb story that I'm kind of useless at writing now but hey, I still love it no matter what.

I love you all. And please don't forget to leave a comment, a vote and thank you so much for reading if you do. 💞💞💞

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

20K 881 27
Hi there! My name is Michael Clifford and I'm massively in love with this band called 5 Seconds Of Summer. There is Calum, my baby, Luke, my other ba...
81.1K 3.5K 28
"i'm not pretty calum." "michael, i swear to god, you're the most prettiest human being i've ever laid my fucking eyes on." or where calum makes mich...
55.6K 3.3K 63
The one where Calum and Michael accidentally bump into each other and misplace each others' mixtapes. - Side of Lashton. ~ Special thanks to @baepsa...
134K 7.1K 32
"You're always my first priority, baby." Calum Hood is in the military and hasn't been able to see his high school lover, Michael Clifford, for four...