Gray

By billiejayy

This story is about....well you'll have to read it to find out. Happy reading!(NOT A FAN-FICTION) If you're n... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Characters!
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chaper 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Author's Note!
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 32
Chapter 33 Part 1
Chapter 34 Part 2
Chapter 35 Final Part
THE BOOK IS UP!

Chapter 31

5.3K 195 59
By billiejayy

Enjoy! And don't be afraid to comment as you go along!

Grayson's POV

I call up my uncle Guvaini and he answers on the third ring. I say,"Ehi zio G, abbiamo un problema, ho bisogno di un favore..(Hey Uncle G, we have a problem and I need a favor)" He saids,"Ah Grayson, il mio nipote preferito. Come stai? (Ah Grayson, my favorite nephew how are you?)" I say,"I'm good Uncle G, but I said I need a favor, it's important. This guy beat up me and my girlfriend at the beach, but she got it worse so now she's in the hospital and I need your help tracking him down."

He saids in his thick Italian accent,"Oh! Why didn't you just say that Grayson! I'll help you out, now what's his name?" I say,"Tristan Moon." He saids,"Okay great! I will let you know when I find him. I do have one question though? What are you gonna do when I find him? Are you going to take him to the warehouse and kill him? It's fine if you are, but-" I say,"I'm not going to kill him Uncle G. What I will do with him is going to be between me and him..."

He saids, sounding a bit serious,"Okay, but have you made up your mind yet? You know about joining the family business with us?.." I say hesitantly,"I-I don't know... I-I might not... I don't think my girlfriend would approve of me doing that type of stuff." He saids,"You're your own man Grayson! You make the decisions! Not some s-some woman!" I let out a low growl trying to keep my chill and say,"She not just some women.. J-Just give me some more time."

He sighs and say,"Okay Grayson, I'll give you some more time and I won't press you about it anymore, just let me know what you decide, and I'll call you when I track down Tristan alright?" I sigh of relief and say,"Thank you so much Uncle G! I have to go now bye!" He saids 'Bye' back and I hang up and suddenly the door to Nelly's room fly open and everything starts going in slow motion..

I watch horrified as they rush her out of the room on her hospital bed and  down the hallway. My heart beat goes rapid as grow angry again. I yell at one of the doctors, trying to keep up with they're pace,"What the hell happened?!!" He saids as we push past two double doors that say ER....."Well the machines went off because she started to have some internal bleeding from her broken ribs, and her body went into shock. So now we are taking her into the emergency room so we can stop the bleeding and try our best to get her out of this coma or else she'll die. Now we need for you to wait out here until we're done!"

I try my best to find my voice, but I just can't speak. I watch as they close the door to the emergency room and look through the glass window as they start performing the horrifying surgery. Tears start streaming down my eyes as all of the beautiful memories we shared together start flooding back in my head and I fall to the floor and curl up in a ball crying my eyes out. This shit hurts!

God I'm so sorry for not protecting her! Please give me a second chance, I need my princess so bad! She can't be dying! She just can't! I hear a few nurses yell to me,"Sir you need to calm down! Stop screaming please!" I yell out in anger one last good time and stand to my feet trying my best to keep my composure say,"I need to be in there!" They say,"No! We can't let that happen!" My heart rate goes into overdrive as I turn my attention to the loud ruckus of the machines and doctors coming from the other side of the window and watch as they try to revive her and she struggles to fight for her life.

I immediately push pass the yelling nurses and burst through the doors and hold onto her semi cold hand saying,"Baby I'm here! I'm here! Come on you got this you can win this! If you can hear my voice, come back to me princess. Follow my voice baby girl, I need you to! Remember, you said that you are strong independent black women? You are baby, and I know you can get through this! I just know you can! And you will, so come on baby! Come on!"

The doctors stand back with her blood on their hands and just watch! I stand up and hold tightly onto her hand yelling,"WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING JUST STANDING THERE?! HELP HER!!" One of them say,"Sir we've already done our part! Now....now it's her turn. You just have to wait it out until she comes back." My heart drops and I say hoarsely,"W-What?.. P-Please do something, I need her." He saids,"And she needs you. We will move her to her own room and she'll stay there until she wakes up. If she does.."

I say softly,"Don't say that... She will..." He saids,"Well when she does, she'll need to stay here a while so she can adjust to walking and so her ribs can reform to its original state and so her head can heal, he kicked her pretty hard." I sigh and nod slowly. Then he saids to the other doctors,"Alright everybody let's move her to room 508! Let's go." They all start to move her out and I hold onto her hand tightly trying to keep up with their pace as we speed walk down the hallway and to her new hospital room.

Ten minutes later...

She is now all settled in the room and there's a knock at the door. I say 'come in' and in comes my parents and Ethan. They quickly rush over to me and my dad saids, looking at me angry,"What the fuck happened Grayson!?" Geez... I tell them what happened and their jaws drop. I breathe in and out slowly, then walk over to the chair next to her bed and sit down. I hold onto her cold hand and peck it softly, trying my best not to cry again.

My mom saids, starting to get teary eyed,"Oh I'm so sorry Grayson, I can't imagine how you feel right now son. I know your hurting, but she's gonna be just fine. I know it Gray." I say softly,"I-I loved the way she called me Gray..." I let out a shaky sigh and rest my head on her shoulder starting to feel a bit depressed. Ethan sits next to me and looks like he's trying his best not to cry too as he saids,"I feel your pain Grayson, literally I do but-" I cut him off saying,"When are her parents getting here?"

He saids,"O-Oh um, they'll be here tomorrow or tonight, but as I was saying, you need to relax man. N-Nelly will w-wake up." Now he just lets his tears fall. I'm glad he cares. I turn my attention to my mom who's crying also in my dad arms as he silently cries to himself, holding onto Nelly's other hand. I've never seen my dad cry like this before.. Nelly's really affecting everyone...

----------------------------------------------

Two hours later...

My parents and Ethan are now leaving and I start walking them to the door. My mom saids,"Grayson you should come home with us, maybe take a shower, get some food and rest?... You can always come back tomorrow?" I say, opening the door for them,"I'm not leaving her here, and besides they have vending machines. I'll be fine, but Ethan can you bring me back some clothes tomorrow?"

He hugs me and say,"I got you Gray, just worry about getting my sister better. See you tomorrow." I slightly smile for the first time since all this happened and pull back saying,"I will and see ya." He gives me one last glance, then walk out with my mom. My dad walks up to me and sigh saying,"Grayson I just want you to know that I'm very proud of you, for standing up for my future daughter in law, and I know you don't think you protected her, but you did. If it wasn't for you tackling that man to the ground and off of her then the situation would have been much worse. I'm proud of you son and I love you. Take care of her."

He sticks his hand out for me to shake and I gladly take it saying,"Thank you dad, I will, and I love you too." He pats my back and walk out of the room, closing the door behind him in the process and I quickly walk over to her bed to make sure she's fine. I sigh of relief and lightly touch her cold hand. I let it go and turn on the lamp by the television, then take my shirt off and put it on the couch.

Then I pull off my sweats and gently slide into bed next to her, being extra careful not to hurt her. I wrap my arms around her waist, trying my best not to hurt her ribs, and plant soft kisses on her neck trying to warm her body. I rub up and down her arm and say,"If you can hear me baby girl, I just want you to know that I miss you, so much.. I miss hearing your cute little giggles and your beautiful voice when you say anything. I-I really miss your innocent, gorgeous, and still very sexy smile that lights the hell up out of my world... I miss the way you would tease me all the time and call me daddy. The way you would sing to me... I need you more than anything mio amore... I know you won't leave me, so please just come back. Let me hear your voice again.. Please..." I hold her onto her hand and give her neck another peck.

Suddenly I feel her hand grip mine... I smile to myself widely and say,"Baby?! Are you awake?!" I take a look at her and see her eyes still closed so I hover over her and touch the side of her face with my left hand saying,"Princess are you up? C-Can you hear me?" She squeezes my right hand but it was so gentle I almost missed it.. She's hurting I can tell...

I smile softly at her and kiss her forehead then her lips saying,"Thank you princess, let's get some rest for tonight and I'll talk to the doctor in the morning okay? I love you.." I lay back down beside her and pull the cover over our bodies, then turn the tv off, whispering to her,"Goodnight mio amore.." Then I drift off to sleep...

---------------------------------------------

In the morning...

There is a slight knock at the door and I sleepily groan and get out of the bed, but not before giving Nelly a kiss on her bandaged forehead, and I walk to the door and pull it open revealing two nurses and Dr. Glenn, Nelly's doctor. I quickly remember I only have on my boxers and I say,"Oh my goodness! Stay here I'll be right back sorry." I close the door and grab my shirt and sweats from the couch and put them on quickly.

I walk back to the door and open it saying, while running my fingers through my hair,"I'm sorry about that, umm I have some news though!" The nurses start injecting her now, daily shots, that helps the healing process and helps her not feel so much pain. Dr. Glenn saids, giving me his full attention as the nurses tend to Nelly,"Oh really? What is it?" I say,"Well last night I was just talking to her and she squeezed my hand! Does that mean she'll wake up soon?!"

His smile slowly drops and I grow worried and afraid of what he'll say next. He saids,"I'm not sure Grayson but, I don't think that's a good thing. She might be paralyzed." My jaw drops and I feel my anger start to build up slowly. I say, as calmly as I can,"Well is they're a-anything that you can do?" He saids,"Mmm I'll have to run some tests on her, to be sure, but right now she looks fine to me. Her breathing is normal, her body temperature is a lot warmer than it was before, which is good, she's not looking as pale and her heart rate is great. I'll just take a sample of her blood and run some tests, is that alright with you?"

I sigh of relief that she's making some progress and say,"Yes that's fine with me, but when do you think she'll wake up?" He starts pulling out some needles and say,"Umm seeing how well and fast she's recovering, I'd say about in a couple days, if not sooner." I couldn't help but smile at the thought of hearing her voice again and seeing those big brown eyes! Oooh baby if can hear me please hurry up! I say,"Wow that's great! But um is there anything that I can do to help?"

He saids,"Ah yes! If you would like to you could bathe her if your uncomfortable with our nurses doing it.." I think about it for a moment then say,"No, I don't think I'd be gentle enough and I don't think I'd be able to control myself... You know what I mean?..." He chuckles and smirk saying,"Yeah I know what you mean. I'll have one of the nurses do it. Speaking of nurses, there's one right there. Alex! Can you come here a second."

Some guy walks in and I immediately shake my head saying,"Hell no, is he gay? Are you gay?" He shakes his head no saying,"No, what's going on Dr. Glenn?" He saids,"Would you mind bathing our patient over here?" I shake my head vigorously and he glances at her and smile saying,"Hell yea- I mean yeah I could do that." I say,"Excuse my language but no fucking way! Can you get your perverting ass out and stop eye raping my girl!"

Him and Dr. Glenn both looked shocked at what I said, but I don't care! I do not play with things like that! Alex saids,"Geez man I didn't know she was your girlfriend." I don't give a damn! He's sitting over here lusting over a sixteen year old! Fucking pervert.. Dr. Glenn saids,"I'm sorry Grayson, I didn't realize it was gonna be such a problem, you can leave now Alex." As he's walking out he takes a second glance at Nelly and I stand in front of her, blocking his view saying,"Get. The fuck. Out." He quickly leaves and I turn to Dr. Glenn saying,"Her mom will be here any minute, so she can do it. Once again, nurses and Dr. G, sorry for my profanity."

They all nod and Dr. Glenn starts drawing blood from Nelly's arm saying,"I completely understand Grayson, by the way, you can help yourself to our free cafeteria downstairs if you want?" I shake my head and say,"No thanks I'll be fine." He nods and put the tube full of her blood in his bag safety and start leaving out with the nurses saying,"Okay then, well I'll see you later on today, take care." I nod and walk back over to Nelly as they walk out.

I sigh and sit down on the chair next to her bed and watch as her chest rises slowly up and down and I grab onto her hand and kiss it softly letting my lips linger there for a while. I try to get my mind off of the hurt I feel as I watch my princess endure so much pain that she doesn't even deserve and turn on the tv sighing. I turn the television to one of her favorite shows, SpongeBob and say,"Curls SpongeBob is on! You know I hate this show, but I'll watch it with you any day.."

Thirty Minutes later...

As the show comes to an end, I say,"I have to tell you something very important mio amore. I-I know your listening so here goes.. Okay so my family has a business and it's a certain type of business that's very important and sacred, but I'm telling you because my uncle wants me to join in on it, but I'm not so sure. It's very dangerous, and I wouldn't want you, or our future children to be put in any of that. So as you probably already guessed, yes it's the mob.... B-But before you get mad, I've had some training when I was younger. Me and Ethan... But as I said, before you get mad, they don't just kill for fun princess. They only kill if someone messes with the family, and we have lots of connects so it's not hard. My uncle wants me to be apart of it.....but if you don't want me to do it, I won't okay princess?" Silence.

I sigh and kiss her hand, then rest my head on her shoulder and continue to watch the show. Then out of no where, her whole family (Her parents, Valentino, and Michael) burst through the door and immediately rush over to her. Her mom quickly rushes over to her and cry out,"Oh my baby.." Before she can get too close I say,"Hey hey hey, she's in a lot of pain right now, please be careful Mrs. Simmons."

She looks up at me and say,"Oh Grayson! What in the hell happened?" I tell them what happened from the beginning to now but her mom and Valentino are taking it a little hard though, that's understandable. Valentino cries out,"Jesus Cristo Nelly!" Her mom just cries to herself holding onto Michael as he cries softly, not fully understanding why his sister is lying in a hospital bed with her eyes closed.

Her dad just paces back and forth, like he's trying to keep his tears back and Valentino won't stop talking to his self in Italian. He's pissed. Then finally, Trevor speaks up saying,"I never asked if you were okay Grayson, are you okay?" I sigh and say,"I had a few episodes but I'm coping.." He nods and pat my back saying,"Thank you son, you really came through for my baby girl, but can you give us a minute to be alone with her for a minute." Son. I wonder if he meant that in the way I think he did, but I really don't want to leave her. I stand up and say,"I'll always be there for my princess, but okay just let me know when you guys are done."

He nods and give me a small hug then we pull away and Kelly saids,"Aw you call her princess?" I smile and say,"Yes I do. It fits her perfectly. She glows like a princess and everything about her is just royal and innocent to me, like a princess. My princess." She smiles and get up hugging me, I immediately hug back, enjoying the similar heavenly sweet scent Nelly possess. She saids pulling back,"I can't thank you enough Grayson!" I say,"You don't have to Kelly, I should be the one thanking you for making my angel."

She smiles and I walk to the the door and Valentino taps my arm saying,"Aye man, I appreciate what you did. Keep ya head up, she'll come back to you." I nod and say,"I know she will, she has to." He nods and I walk out of the room and bump into Ethan. He saids,"What's up, I brought you your clothes." He hands me a pair of shorts and a t-shirt and I grab them saying,"Thanks dude. Nelly's parents are here."

He nods with his head down and say,"That's good, how are you holding up?" I say groaning,"To be honest Ethan, not good. Last night I was talking to her and she squeezed my hand and the second time she did it, it was weak. Ethan my baby's hurting and I can't do anything about it. The doctor said she might be paralyzed.......I told her about our family mob."

He sighs and run his hands through his hair saying,"Oh boy, she's gonna give you hell when she wakes up." I groan and say,"I know, but I had to tell her, she needed to know, because I was thinking about joining it." He slaps my arm and say,"Are you kidding me?" I say, while holding onto my arm in pain,"Don't hit me, but no I'm not kidding you. I called Uncle Guvaini yesterday and asked him to do me and favor, and he brought up the mafia again, asking me if I wanted to join. I told him I was gonna talk to Nelly about it though.."

He saids,"You slick son of a gun..." I say,"Shut up! This is too much man, I really hope she wakes up, fast." He pats my shoulder and say,"She will man just hang in there, but what was the favor you asked him for?" I sigh and sit down by her door saying,"I-I asked him to track the guy that did this to Nelly down for me. His name is Tristan." He flops down next to me and say,"Woah man why?" I grow angry and say,"Because the bastard will not get away with what he did to Nelly He.will.pay."

----------------------------------------------

Woah! End of this chapter guys! I hope you liked it!

Leave lots of feed back! The next chapter will be coming soon so get ready.....

Love y'all!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

237K 12.9K 51
Jasmine and Megan have always been best-friends since childhood. Now that they are older, they are both YouTube sensations who live together. The pro...
541K 8.6K 82
You really think you know the full story? You may think you do, but you don't. There's a fine line between love and hate, of course there is... there...
24.8K 1.1K 55
Carter Grayson is a handsome but awkward 18 year old. His boyish charms, dark red hair, and blue eyes are enough to make any girl swoon, and they do...
383K 10.2K 53
READ TAGS!! STRONG LANGUAGE NOT A FANFIC "i love you" "your what I've been missing" *not a mafia book*