A Little Girl's Broken Tales

By pseudo_angel

Olivia has had a rocky start in life. At six years old, she was orphaned and left on the streets. Things have... More

Prologue
1 **
2**
3**
4 **
5 **
6**
7**
8**
9**
10**
11*
12**
14**
15**
16**
17**
18**
19**
20**
21**
22**
23**
24**
25**
26**
27**
28**
29**
30**
31**
32**
NOTE
SOME SONGS TO LISTEN TO

13**

687 21 12
By pseudo_angel

They stared in shock for a few seconds before they realized that they were staring at their King. Clumsy curtsies and bows were made as they scrambled to the sides making an aisle for Alex and me to pass through.

A blush stained my cheeks and I looked down, trying to hide my embarrassment. Alex held my hand as we walked and held his posture upright and a small smile graced his lips. He squeezed my hand and I looked up at him. “Look up,” he mouthed.

I shook my head fiercely.

Before he could reply, we arrived at the small impromptu stage and he nodded to the organizers –who were all the ladies and men he had the earlier meeting with. I offered a polite smile their way, but in return I got sneers or fake smiles. I guess, I will never try to be nice to them again if that was the treatment I was going to get.

“Rise,” Alex addressed them in a clear voice and at once they all stood straight. Soon, soft music played and couples either socialized or danced. I was forced to meet some vampires who held no interest in me or so much of interest in me that they wanted to drink from me.

Alex would just give a cold, short laugh to a comment that hinted at drinking from me. I, however, would just feel so out of place. But the stubborn vampire I was with, failed to realize that.

“Excuse me,” I told Alex and pulled my hand from his grasp. But he refused to let go.

“Are you afraid that your pet might get stolen right beneath your nose?” the dark haired vampire teased Alex.

I felt Alex stiffen and watched as his eyes transformed to a dark hue. He was truly angry with that comment. I shivered and tugged on his muscular arm. He didn’t even blanch at it.

“Alex,” I said softly.

It didn’t help.

“Take that back,” he told the man in a chilling voice. “Take that comment back!”

The man shrunk under Alex’s strong gaze but still spoke back to Alex. “But why? She is just a prettily dressed little human,” he said bravely.

I rolled my eyes and managed to pull my hand from Alex’s grip. “I am going,” I said and turned around.

I managed to reach the snack table before Alex had a death grip on my arm. “What the hell are you storming off for?” he growled at me.

I put the glass plate I had picked up back down calmly, and turned to face him with a glare. “Jeez, I don’t know. Maybe the fact that you’re acting like a caveman is embarrassing and humiliating. Even for a King,” I said sarcastically.

“So what do you want me to do? Ignore all their jibes and insinuations about you? Act like it is nothing?” he asked getting angry.

I huffed. “Damn it, Alex. It is not so hard to put your pride away for a minute and just let them say what they want to. Every time you react to any comment about me it gives them more ammunition against you. Just let it slide, because this way you are making a big deal out of nothing. And please, for the sake of my sanity, behave,” I begged him and then turned to pile my plate with food.

I ignored the judging looks the vampires were giving me and found a place to sit away from their curious eyes. They shouldn’t even be judging me, because I was doing them a favour by eating this food. I was making them seem normal. They should be kissing my feet and hailing me as their queen.

I laughed silently and ate my food with darting eyes. I wanted to be aware of my surroundings in case Camille decided to show up. I picked up a tart and bit the corner when Alex’s heavy hand lay on my shoulder.

I let out a deep sigh and turned to face him. “Why are you running away from me?” he asked softly before he pulled a chair and placed it in front of me.

I put the tart down; knowing my peaceful time of eating was gone. “Why is it so hard for you to just be quiet and ignore the comments people make?” I countered.

He sighed and scraped his hands through his hair. “Fine, I’ll behave and show you that I can do it. And why must you distract me all the time? I came here for a reason” he clicked his tongue and stared at me evilly.

I shrugged and carried on eating.

“Sure, please eat. I mean it is not deemed rude or disrespectful or anything,” he said sarcastically.

I raised an eyebrow and noticed that he slipped into the old fashion manner of speaking when he was angry.

“That’s it! I came here to apologize to you,” he said stressing on ‘apologize’.

I choked on the tart I bit. “Wha-what?” I choked out.

“Don’t make me repeat it. You heard me!” he growled softly.

I smiled mischievously and gave a slight shrug. “It was worth a try,” I said coolly.

“Well –that was all I came to say. Enjoy your food,” he said awkwardly and walked away.

I smiled to myself and continued to clear my plate happily. That was until a persistent, yet kind vampire came to annoy me.

He was tall and blonde and handsome. He had blue eyes that made you see the ocean in them and this smile that could make you weak-kneed. “Hey,” he said taking Alex’s long vacated seat.

I frowned and looked at him. “Hi,” I said hesitantly.

“I have seen you sitting here at this same spot, eating this same small plate for the last hour,” he said flashing me a dimpled smile.

“That doesn’t sound too stalker-ish,” I said undeterred.

He laughed. “You’re the silent brooding type, aren’t you?”

I smiled sarcastically. “No, I am the I-hate-everyone-now-would-you-just-leave-me types.”

He laughed even louder. “I like you even more. I like your spirit. So, my name is Vasya Orel and you are?” he asked calming down.

“You’re Russian?” I asked.

I have always wanted to meet a Russian and a French person. I guess one of those wishes is coming true. 

He raised an eyebrow at me. “Are you picky about your friends, little human?” he teased.

It was my turn to raise an eyebrow at him. “Is my humanity a problem? Why must all the vampires point it out?” I ranted.

He chuckled. “I guess it is just weird to see a human unharmed and living and interacting normally. Okay, so we aren’t used to having humans around us if they’re not for food.”

“So why would you want to make friends with your food source?” I asked.

He shrugged. “I can tell you aren’t meant to be a food source, if the look the King is giving me is any indication,” he laughed.

I frowned and checked, but I couldn’t find Alex around anywhere. “I guess for a vampire your eyes aren’t that good,” I muttered.

“They’re perfect, it is yours that isn’t any good,” he laughed.

I snorted. “Do you always laugh?” I asked curious. I have never met a person that could laugh so much. It was downright annoying. I mean what is there to be so happy about?

I frowned.

Alexander Antonio Sandrigo was rubbing off on me. I was turning out to be just as negative and surly as he was.

Vasya pulled his face straight then studied me. “Are you always so negative?”

I let out a deep sigh. “Unfortunately not. I am afraid that you caught me at a terrible time. I had a bad day and it has just been going downhill,” I said irritably.

He frowned. “Well, let me make that better,” he said and put my plate on the table and dragged me to the centre of the hall to dance.

Oh, holy shit.

He positioned us and slowly we swayed to the music. The movements were easy and effortless and I really felt as if I weren’t even moving. “Wow, you’re really good!” I said amazed.

He looked down at me and smiled bashfully. “Thank you, I had centuries of practice,” he said then spun me out and in and out and in. I guess that was the end of the conversation.

“Liv, come on,” Alex said harshly.

I looked over Vasya’s shoulder and saw a frowning Alex. “Why? I am having fun,” I moaned.

It was hours later and Vasya and I were still dancing. I was having so much of fun dancing and to add to it, Vasya was incredibly funny. He spent the hours talking to me about all the places he has been to, places he wants to go to and things he still wants to do. I don’t know how, but time passed and I didn’t even regret the time we spent dancing. It was an amazing time.

“Olivia, come,” he said firmly.

I looked up at Vasya with an apologetic look.  I pulled away from him. “I am sorry,” I said. “Thank you. I really had a wonderful time,” I said smiling and walking away with a sour faced Alex.

“I’ll visit you sometime then,” he smiled and waved.

Just as we passed through the doors, Alex grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the elevator and straight to our room. He slammed the door shut and let go of my hand. I walked straight to the bathroom and changed into my pyjamas. I hung the dress and all its accessories in the cupboard across the bathroom. Once in the room, I sat in front of the vanity mirror and unclipped my hair. I snuck a glance at Alex and found him still looking murderous.

I pulled out the last bobby pin and swung around to face him.

It didn’t matter how upset I was at him for pulling me away just when I was enjoying myself, I didn’t like to see him this upset.

“Alex, are you okay?” I asked softly.

He looked up at the sound of my voice. “No, no I am not alright, Liv. I miss my parents. I hate doing this. I hate being King. I hate having to be in control all the time, I hate it. Olivia, they are trying to force me into getting married, and I don’t want to marry some girl that is just after my wealth and my status. I want a love marriage.”

His voice was broken torn and filled with a longing I didn’t understand, but I understood one thing very clearly: he was in pain. Without knowing how, I found myself standing in front of him. He looked up at me with pain stricken eyes and took my hands in his and pulled me on to his lap. I cradled his head to my chest, hoping to convey the comfort I wanted to give him but didn’t know how.  He leaned against me and then spoke.

“Do you know my parents’ story?”

“No,” I whispered.

“Once, long ago, my grandfather ruled. He ruled for many years, but his people didn’t want to follow him. He was a tyrant and made many restrictions on vampires and their travels. He was an absolute monster that craved wealth and status. Not even being King made him happy. He wanted to rule the human world too, but too many vampires stood against that. Then, just after my father turned 21, they woke up to find my grandfather dead. No one cried for him, no one missed him and no one really bothered to investigate his death further. His reign was never talked about again, but if it was talked about again, it was always in comparison to my father’s.  

My father was the complete opposite. He was kind, caring, and compassionate and he took into consideration everyone’s needs. Despite him being the King, he never belittled anyone nor did he make them feel unwanted. As a father, he was patient and loving and he always made time for us.

A few years after I turned 21 and then got turned into a vampire, my father sent Sebastian and I on a trip. We were on holiday in our home country, Italy, when we got a call from Rosie and Robert that we had to come home immediately. We took a private jet out of Italy and flew back home. As we walked in, we could smell the blood still lingering in the air. The house was neat and clean, but you could feel the chaos and tension and discomfort. My parents were murdered because of their kindness.

My father had sent all the staff on a weekend away and Monday morning they walked in to find my parents nailed to the wall with their blood splattered all across their bedroom. They were stabbed thirty seven times –each, and their heads were dismembered and placed on the lampshades. In each stab wound was garlic and in their hearts were silver daggers.” He sighed and hugged me closer to him.

My heart broke. All those years he led me to believe that I went through something terrible, but yet he went through something far worse. His parents were slaughtered mercilessly and left there like animals. Whoever had committed that crime was seriously sick.

“I would say that I know how you feel because I found my parents’ bodies, but I know that nothing could compare to that. I am sorry that you had to go through that, Alex. I am so, so sorry you had to find out how terrible it truly was,” I whispered and ran my hand through his silky hair.

He looked up and wiped away my tear that fell. “Don’t cry Liv. It is okay, I have had a century to get over it and work my way through it. I had to make peace with it,” he said softly.

“Having all that time doesn’t make it any easier, Alex. It just makes you stronger to deal with it. The pain never leaves, it never fades. You just find something else that makes you happier that helps you to not dwell on it so much.”

“That may be so, but would you like me to continue?” he teased lightly, but I still saw the pain. “Or would you like to continue being my therapist?”

I nodded and once again he laid on my chest and continued. “So after Rosie relayed to me what she found, I stayed for the funeral and once it was over, I flew. I couldn’t stay in the same house and not mentally relive the horror. But unlike what most people think, I was not actually on a holiday ‘dealing’ with their death, but I was actually searching for the killers.” He paused and looked at me. “You were the first person I told that to,” he said smiling.

For some reason that warmed my heart up.

“Well, back to my story. I went searching for them for five years and in that time only gathered a few facts and suspects. So after being away for five years, I went back to our mansion. Rosie and Robert were happy for me to return as was Sebastian. In those five years I learnt that Robert and Rosie adopted ten year old Catherine and planned on turning her.  I was happy that they found some happiness, but then a few days later the council showed up at my doors. They wanted me to take my father’s place. I refused. I mean, how I could I fill in for a man that was so great? His people loved and worshipped him. How could I expect to make him and his people happy? So I told the council I needed a few years to think it through. In the meantime, my cousin stood in for me. The year that I found you was a century for my parents’ death. And then once again the council asked me to take his place, so I refused saying I was too emotional. Then I spoke to my cousin and Sebastian and they both told me it was time I ruled as the rightful King. And I did,” he said happily.

I gulped and just sat there with my hands in his hair and his hands around me, trying to just absorb everything he just shared with me.

“Did you ever find the killers?” I asked.

Slowly, he rocked me.

“Not then, but lately, I have a strong suspicion and I doubt that I am wrong. I believe they think I have finally gotten over my parents’ death and forgotten all about it, but I haven’t. I haven’t forgotten Liv,” he said fiercely. “I have been secretly searching all these years.”

I took a deep breath, trying to stay awake. His rocking motions were making me sleepy. I was about to ask him something when he spoke abruptly. “Can we change the topic please?”

“Sure. So, what type of girl do you see yourself marrying?” I asked curiously. Then balked back appalled that I would ask something so random and yet, so personal too.

“She must be beautiful and brave and bold, but not bold in the manner where she is extravagant and opulent but bold in the sense where she can stand up to people even if she is alone. I want a girl that can defend herself, but wants me there to protect her. I want a girl who is intelligent, but does not boast. She must know her place, but not be afraid to stand up against those higher than her if need be. She must be able to handle herself in any situation and she must be capable in handling anything –from my life to my bed to my finances. She must be a lover not someone interested in the material things in life,” he said dreamily.

I laughed. “You know Alex it does sound like you have someone in mind. That isn’t basic descriptions of someone you want, but more like descriptions of someone you know. I think you found the girl but you are afraid to approach her or there’s a barrier between you two. So, what is stopping you from proposing to her?”

He sighed deeply as if this was something he thought about often. “She won’t notice me, because I doubt she even looks at me that way. But then again, I think about whether I really like her that way or is it because I have known her so long. I don’t know if it is because I know she is comfortable with me that I found myself seeing her alongside me, ruling with me or if it is because she is the only one not interested in me. She has her own dreams and aspirations Liv; she wouldn’t throw it away to be with me forever. Would you throw all your dreams away to be with me forever, Liv?” Alex asked me casually.

He sat up and looked at me waiting for my answer. I thought about it. Would I? Could I? “I don’t know. Maybe if it was for love,” I said calmly. “But then again, I wouldn’t even know what love is.”

I yawned and he twisted to lay me on the bed. “Go sleep,” he said quietly and got up to go to the bathroom.

I opened the coverlet and slid in between the sheets. The conversation kept playing in my head. Would I give up my dreams for Alex? Could I do it?

The answer was an obvious yes, because he has done so much for me. Giving up my dreams for him would be a lot, but to help him and repay him, I would. But then again, I would do it in a heartbeat for true love. 

I would give up my dreams of getting revenge on my parents’ murderers for any of the vampires I loved. Sebastian, Catherine, Robert, Rosie and even Alex. Yes, I did love Alex, but there were no romantic feelings involved.

But then, why did he look so hurt by my answer?

I let out a big sigh and went to cover myself with the cover and try to actually sleep. I had just managed to fall asleep when I heard Alex leave the bathroom.

I was walking through the mansion. I could smell the rotting blood mixing with the air. I could feel something was off about the house. It was deathly quiet. There was not a single sound to be heard. I walked through the third floor hallway.

Blood was decorating the walls. Flowers were drawn in fresh blood on the walls and floors. Next to a huge frame was Catherine’s headless body. She was disembowelled. Her guts hung out like straw out of a scarecrow and the blood dripped. I swallowed and moved on as tears gathered in my eyes. I passed my room door and Robert’s limbs were attached at angles across the door. Garlic floated in my nose from the stuffed limbs. It was suddenly too much for me. I couldn’t bear to see more, so I ran blindly through the house looking for an exit. But all I got were headless bodies of what must have been Alex’s parents.

I screamed and somehow found myself on the run in a thick forested area.

 “Catch her! She killed the King and the Queen! Catch her! She is the murderer!” the vampires ran after me. I looked behind my shoulder and the crowd grew.

I screamed and ran ahead. I knew this was a futile attempt. They were just playing with me.

Toying with the food before they actually decide to eat it.

I looked around me for some place to hide, for some place to catch my breath, but the dark night hid it well. No light filtered through the foliage of the trees. It must be a new moon, I realized sadly.

Somewhere in the trees I found a gap. I ran toward it but came face to face with the worst thing yet.

Alex and Sebastian stood there with broken hearted looks.

I felt my heart break and tears run down my face, as one word was repeated from both of them.

“Why?”

“I didn’t do it!” I cried. “I didn’t do it!”

I was shaking and crying and screaming all at the same time. Then I felt the attack.

I woke up and stifled the scream that threatened to escape. I found that I was curled against Alex’s muscular chest and he had one arm wrapped around my waist. I squirmed a bit trying to shake it off, but he didn’t move.

I sighed and slightly started unwrapping each of his fingers so that I could move. Unfortunately, that woke him up. He used his free hand and rubbed his eyes. “Why are you up so early?” he asked, his voice thick with sleep.

I curled away from him.

“Liv, if you don’t tell me, you’re forcing me to violate your space,” he threatened.

I said nothing; I was still too shaken up by the dream.

“Olivia,” he said in more stern tone.

“I had a dream,” I choked out.

I felt him going through my mind, reliving the dream I just experienced.

I felt him pull us both in a sitting position and then he hugged me fiercely to him. “Oh, Olivia, how could you blame yourself? How could Sebastian ever blame you? We would never do that! I am sorry I told you the true horrors of their deaths. I’m sorry I made you see it second hand,” he apologized sincerely.

I gulped and felt the tears I tried to fight off flow freely. Alex kept me firmly to him and rocked me until the tears ran dry. All the while he rubbed my back and whispered soothing promises and apologies.

I fell asleep on his chest.

When I woke up again, it was at a more decent hour and Alex was already just awake. I felt totally comfortable and at ease, until I found where and how I slept. I was curled into Alex’s neck and shoulder while he had an arm tightly around my waist. Heat flooded through me and I blushed.

This was so awkward.

“Hey,” I squeaked out.

He smiled down at me. “How are you feeling now?”

I sat up and let his arm drop. “Better thank you. I am sorry to have troubled you like that,” I said hiding my face. I moved away and scrambled off the bed heading straight for the shower.

I first waited for the water to heat up before I got in all the time trying to avoid my reflection in the mirror. I didn’t want to see the blush or the confusion or the embarrassment I knew I would find there. Sleeping and waking up in Alex’s arms was just too much of an awkward situation for me to handle.

I buried my head under the water and tried to let the water wash away my embarrassment, but sadly it wasn’t working. I screamed internally and washed myself clean and then scrambled out of the shower as a knock sounded.

“Liv, here’s your clothes bag,” Alex said.

“Uhm, thanks,” I said awkwardly and opened the door just a crack to find the bag. I spied it at the edge of the handle dangling aimlessly. I unhooked it and pulled it in before Alex could walk pass and spot me in a towel.

I looked inside and found clean underwear and skinny jeans, a long sleeved black top and a dark purple sheer blouse to go over. There were earrings and chunky bangles and other things that would interest the normal female population, but just not me. Hell, I guess everyone knows what a reject I am. I can’t even style my hair.

I let out a frustrated sigh and changed quickly so that I could sit in front of the vanity and dry my hair. When I walked out of the bathroom, Alex was calmly lounging on the bed, one hand behind his head, one foot propped up while the other rested out ahead. He looked so relaxed and chilled out.

“Uh, do you mind if I dry my hair?” I asked, not wanting to be rude and just dry my hair while he was trying to watch god knows what on TV.

He shook his head and motioned for me to go ahead.

I pulled out the beige stool and sat down facing the mirror. I grabbed the hair comb and ran it through my wet and tangled hair, combing out the knots. All the while, I sat self-conscious of the fact that Alex could be watching me.

After a few tense and awkward moments, Alex suddenly spoke up. “I’m going to shower and then we can go get something to eat before we go home,” he said.

I nodded to show I heard him and then watched as he disappeared into the shower. I breathed a sigh of relief and carried on with my hair.

“Wow. I missed this place,” I said as I stepped over the threshold of the mansion. Alex chuckled beside me.

“You make it sound as if we went away for ages and not just a day,” he teased.

I ignored him and headed towards the kitchen.

“Hey! Where are you going?” he asked me.

I stopped and looked over my shoulder. “To the kitchen.”

“Why?” he asked with a befuddled expression.

I smiled. “I am hungry,” I said casually and walked on.

Just as I opened the freezer, Alex questioned me again.

“But didn’t you just eat at that restaurant?”

I sighed before I answered. “Yes, I did eat at the restaurant, but nothing beats food from your home. Understand?” I asked because I somehow managed to confuse myself.

He laughed and nodded. “Sure, I get what you mean. Now, what are you looking for?”

I shrugged. “I want chocolate ice cream.”

Five minutes later, I was sitting on the sofa by the fire eating ice cream while Alex sat opposite me with his legs crossed and working on his laptop. The silence was getting to me.

“So, what is going to happen now that you cancelled your meeting?” I asked just to make conversation.

He looked away from his laptop for a second before he turned his attention make to it. “I am actually emailing them right now,” he said in a bored tone.

I felt chastised. “Oh, sorry for disturbing you,” I said quietly and just continued to eat my double thick, creamy chocolate ice cream.

He looked up again and gave me a small smile. I probably shouldn’t have said anything, I thought morbidly, and closed the tub of ice cream. I stood up and then put the ice cream away before I headed to my bed room.

I went straight to shower and after I was done, I changed into my pyjamas and climbed into bed. I grabbed my cell phone of the nightstand and started texting Catherine.

*Hey Cathy. How are you? I miss you so much!

Love Livvy :-)*

It was seconds later that she replied.

*OMG Livvy! It is so great to hear from you! Seb and I miss you terribly. I am fine and very happy. How is Alex doing? And how are you coping with him now that my mum and dad aren’t there?

Love you always C*

I smiled at her reply then typed back.

*Glad to hear that you guys are happy. How is my Seb doing? Is he still so naughty and troublesome? Anyway, the other day, I just fell off to sleep and then Alex came to wake me up for hot chocolate. I mean hot bloody chocolate in the middle of the night! He goddamned forced me to wake up and make it for him. I am still so moody about it. Anyway, I guess things are okay with us. (If you don’t count that hot chocolate incident.) Oh and also, he is okay. Just a little hot tempered. By the way, do you mind if I call Seb now to ask him some questions?*

I read over the message and realized how many lies I told her. One, Alex was not ‘just a little hot tempered’, he was downright angry all the time. Then secondly, things are not ‘okay with us’, we are on a very rough road right now. There were just too many things that didn’t add up. And lastly, my call with Sebastian was far from a few questions.

*Sure babe! He is waiting for your call!*

Cathy’s reply was quick.

I left the message folder and scrolled through my contacts until I found Sebastian’s name. he answered almost immediately.

“Hey you,” he greeted me happily.

“Hi,” I said tensed.

Immediately, Sebastian noticed my unease. “Livvy, what’s wrong? What happened?” he asked me trying to be calm, but I could sense the worry.

I bit my lip, trying to think how to phrase the question without causing any alarm. “Uhm, it is about Alex…” I said and trailed off.

He let out a frustrated sigh.  “Okay, tell me,” he said annoyed.

“Is this a bad time?”

“No,” he chuckled. “It is just that I also had another call not too long ago from an idiot and I was trying to make him see sense. But that person only ever listens when he wants to,” Sebastian said again with another accompanying laugh. 

I let out a breath. “Okay, I am sorry.”

He laughed. “Don’t worry, now tell me what my idiot brother did to annoy you,” he said more relaxed.

I quickly explained everything to him in the cover of the near morning. I didn’t want to burden him with my problems, but he was the only one who could help me understand and deal with Alex. I told Sebastian about how he forced me to wake up in the middle of the night and make him hot chocolate then I went on to tell him about how he made me breakfast just to bribe me to go with him to the meeting and then explained his abrupt behaviour when he punched the guy and then his inexplicably sweet behaviour as we rode our horses. I skimmed over most of the weird things Alex said about me and explained how Alex said he wanted me there and then, hiding my blushing face in my pillow, I told him how Alex divulged his darkest hours of finding his parents murdered –but I didn’t tell him that Alex told me about his five year absence. I went on and told him about how Alex acted towards Vasya –and that earned a few chuckles –then quickly explained how he bought me clothing and did my hair and everything.

Sebastian sat silently for a few minutes and that made me nervous. Finally he spoke.

“Olivia dear. You have to work it out for yourself,” he said calmly.

“What?” I exploded.

He guffawed heartily. “If I tell you this, it will spoil your life forever. This is something you have to work out on your own for it to have meaning for you in the future. Anyway, do you know if my brother is bringing a girl home tonight?”

“I don’t want to speak to you anymore. You are so mean. I thought you would help me figure out why your brother is acting like a hormonal teenager with anger issues. But since you allowed me to vent to you, I will answer you. He said he hasn’t brought one home in two years,” I said sullenly.

He made a ‘hmmm’ sound and then spoke. “Did you bother to ask if he takes them to a hotel instead?”

“No and why would I? That isn’t any of my business. I am just happy not to see them leave in a crumbled dress looking like the have the worst hangover ever, while I eat my breakfast,” I said disgusted as thousands of past encounters went through my head.

He laughed. “You know, you are very innocent and naïve, Livvy. But okay, let me help you out okay. My brother is in love.”

I sighed. “I know that. He told me that indirectly, but he is afraid of admitting it to the girl,” I told Sebastian in a bored tone.

“Okay, so why not find out who the girl is?” Sebastian asked me.

“Because I don’t want to know who the girl is,” I told Sebastian exasperatedly.

“Fine, then tell me: what is really bothering you about Alex?”

I sat quietly mulling it over. “I don’t know. I guess just his strange unexplainable behaviour.”

“That’s simple. He is in love.”

“But that has nothing to do with me. Why is he acting so overprotective over me?” I asked desperate for an answer.

“I don’t know. I can only guess. You should ask him that. But this is my best guess, maybe he wouldn’t want someone else making a move on the girl he likes and that’s why he defends you. Maybe he hopes that the guy she is with will do the same for her,” Sebastian said with a sigh.

I let out a deep sigh. “I don’t know. I guess you could be right. I guess I need to start looking for a place for me to stay in case he finally has the guts to tell her and then she wants me gone,” I said sadly.

He laughed. “I doubt that, but if that does happen, you are always welcome here by us.”

I felt the gratitude rise. “Thank you so much. I cannot tell you how much that means to me,” I said smiling.

“Yeah, well it is nothing. We both love you,” he said.

“Olivia! I want my hot chocolate! Olivia!” Alex called interrupting our call.

“Go and serve your king before he decides to break down your door,” Sebastian teased.

I groaned. “Why? I just want to sleep!” I moaned to Sebastian.

“Olivia!” Alex called louder.

“I’ll see you Sebastian, send my love to Cathy,” I said and disconnected the call.

Just as I put my cell phone on the night stand, Alex knocked twice on the door and entered, before I even answered.

“Do you have no manners?” I asked him annoyed.

“Can you at least make me hot chocolate?” he countered.

“Can you at least learn to make it yourself?” I said to him with a sigh.

He shook his head and crossed his arms, staring me with big eyes.

“Don’t look at me like that,” I moaned and then crouched underneath my cover and hid my face.

He laughed. “It’s not going to work,” he chuckled.

“Why not?” I questioned, my voice muffled by the cover.

“Because I can see you,” he said right beside.

I jumped a little because I didn’t expect him to jump in beside me. But how stupid can I be? He is a vampire and he will exploit it just to get what he wants.

“You are a creep!” I said exasperated. I threw the covers off me and got out of bed. “Come, I will make your blasted hot chocolate.”

He followed me with a big smile on his face, almost as if his biggest dream just came true.

Damn five year old Vampire King!

_+_+_+_+_+_+

Thank you so much for your patience. I know this isn't long enough, but I will try to update again. Please vote and comment and leave me messages to remind me to do so. Also I have a twitter and I will start to post teasers and stuff on there. @pseudo_angel

Uhm thanks again for reading

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

571 29 17
A 16 year old girl feels different and she Knows she doesn't fit in She has a crazy dream and try's to figure Out why she had that dream and She wi...
3.4K 234 24
Sometimes the people you think you hate become your biggest drug. Or maybe even the love of your life. Possibly even the person you would fight a a...
4.2K 291 15
Rose had always known that she had a shadow; a handsome man that had always been there in the direst moments of her life, but never knew where he cam...
40.9K 611 21
❝So, I'm waiting for the afterlife; to show me a good time baby, somebody save me, I just wanna be loved.❞ She's young. She's beautiful. She's back f...