Blown Through The Rift (Gaste...

By BanthaBug

You were working with Alphys in the lab in Undertale when chaos strikes! In a freak accident, concentrated de... More

-Prologue-
~Chapter 1~
~Chapter 2~
~Chapter 3~
~Chapter 4~
~Chapter 5~
~Chapter 6~
~Chapter 7~
~Chapter 8~
~Chapter 9~
~Chapter 10~
~Chapter 11~
(A/N)
~Chapter 12~
(A/N)
~Chapter 13~
~Chapter 14~
~Chapter 15~
~Chapter 16~
~Chapter 18~
Author's Note
Author's Note Pt 2
~Chapter 19~
~Chapter 20~
~Chapter 21~
~Chapter 22~
~Chapter 23~
~Chapter 24~
~Chapter 25~
Author's Note
A/N
~Chapter 26~
~Chapter 27~
Author's Note

~Chapter 17~

6K 278 130
By BanthaBug

How am I at 1.75k reads?! And 175 votes?! IT'S BEEN LESS THAN A MONTH! I can't believe how well this book has done. My most popular book on my individual account is Complicated Situations- a NaLu fanfic (Natsu X Lucy) (FairyTail is my favorite anime) and it's just now getting to 2k after almost a year and a half. I might break that by June with this book! Thank you all for your support and reads. I read every comment and cherish every vote. I seriously wish I could meet every one of you guys and hug you right now. I love you guys!
________________________________________________
You floated aimlessly in a sea of darkness. The area around you was blacker than black. Often you couldn't tell if your eyes were open or not. It was torturously cold, causing you to shake violently. Frost tipped your guilt-ridden hands. Often when people think of hell, they think of a burning place, crawling with hissing demons and tortured screams. However, the true hell was silent and cold... because people are driven to madness more often when living alone for eternity left only to the memories of their sin-soaked life.

You trembled harshly, tears and scream occasionally ripping you apart. But no one heard you as far as you knew. You were in your own hell. You scratched at your own flesh to try to reconcile for the pain you caused. But what could a few scratches do to make up for the deaths of innocent lives?

Horrific laughter filled the air and you shrank away. Though you left alone, you knew the insane cackles were not your own. You opened your tear driven gaze towards it source, then releasing a scream.

In front of you, a demon stood. A demon that wore a sweater of yellow and green and eyes of blood-red rubies. You snarled, recognizing the damned child.

"Chara it's over. You're vessels are both dead and you killed everyone we loved. You won. Just let me rot in peace." You hissed.

She laughed evilly and skipped towards you. "You humans are just SO gullible. Don't you know playtime never lasts forever? Sometime reality has to pull you back." She chirped.

Your raged ebbed into confusion. "What?" You asked, pulling your knees away from your chest.

Chara laughed again, bringing her face dangerously closed to your own. "It was all playtime."

You growled, still not understanding. "What does that mean?!" You yelled.

She sighed walked behind you, your body now frozen in paralysis.

"Idiot." She scoffed.

Before you could snap at her, a blunt force smacked against the back of your skull, rocking your body forward and causing your senses to dull. Suddenly everything sharpened around you. You opened your ears again, but they were met with painful white. You winced away and covered your eyes, trying to open them again. This time, blurry shapes appeared around your hand. Light, people... what?

You blinked a few more times, now noises accompanying the shapes.

"She's waking up! Someone grab the meds. Frisk, go get Toriel."

You recognized the names and your lip started to tremble. "They're alive..." You said, your voice nothing more than a low rasp.

Cool fingers brushed against your forehead and your heart stopped. G!Sans was here. Did you go to heaven or something?! A cold rag was placed over your head and you blinked away the last of the blurriness. G!Sans sat over you, luminescent tears decorating his white bones. His image was joining by Frisk's rugged face, his hair messy and eyes red. One by one, images surrounded you, each taking the form of your closest friends. You sat up slowly, pain lacing your movements.

"You're alive..." You said again, your rasping voice quivering.

Your throat was sore and metallic taste sat on your tongue like a reminder of your cries.

"Don't speak if it hurts (Y/N)." Toriel said softly.

Your lips quivered as they rose into the weakest smile you'd ever given, even if joy overrode all your thoughts.

"You're alive..." You said again. "You're alive. You're alive. You're alive."

You repeated the words like if you stopped they would disappear. G!Sans looked at you with worry, his tears stopping though upon seeing you awaken. You lunged at him and clung your arms around his neck. He seemed started by your sudden action, but didn't hesitate to pull you even closer. You kept muttering those two words.

He buried his face into your neck. "I'm not going anywhere (Y/N). I promise."

Small arms wrapped around your stomach and you looked down. Frisk started to sob into your chest.

"(Y/N) you jerk! You scared me!" He cried, his fist curled into balls.

You hugged him, silencing your quiet words. Toriel tugged you both into a hug with wide set arms. "Oh my child,
You terrified us!"

G!Paps leaned heavily against a wall, hiding his face with his hand. Undyne was holding a shaking Alphys. You looked over them, smiling gently. You switched methods, trying to spare your torn throat.

"I'm sorry." You signed.

Frisk translated for you, though you had a feeling G!Bros had no trouble understanding. Undyne choked back a sob and smiled.

"Ever try that again punk and you'll pay."

You smiled weakly and nodded. Toriel released you and held you away from her. "Please (Y/N), tell us what happened."

Nodding slightly, you moved your hands quickly, trying to tell the story. A cackle ripped through your skull and everything around you changed. The floor was caked in dust. G!Sans' cracks on his spreading like webbing, blood dripping from the corner of his mouth. You began to shake again, as everyone one of their bodies was distorted by death's hands. Alphys' neck was sliced open. Undyne seemed to be almost melted. G!Paps skull was half dissolved into dust. Toriel's body was riddled with deep gashes, Frisk's body mimicking her wounds. Pain laced your gut and looked down, seeing the wound you'd created.

"B-But it wasn't real..." You rasped, tears in your eyes. "W-what's h-happening..."

A knife was in your hand, a child's hand over it like it was guiding your arm. Screaming, you threw away the blade and pushed away from your gory friends. But the thing that killed you most about the images in front of you, they still looked worried. Each one of their eyes scanned you frantically to try and source the problem.

You squeezed your eyes shut and curled your knees against your chest. Rocking slightly, you began to cry and scream. Something in your mind clicked and you felt yourself loosing your sanity. Deep down you knew that the image was only an echo of the torture Chara had inflicted, but slowly it chipped away at any logical thinking. You understood now.

Chara was chipping away at your stable mind so she could fully control you without opposition. A boney hand shook you violently but you were two afraid to raise your head in fear you'd once again meet the same horrifying picture. Your screams ebbed away once you tasted blood once again. You sobbed quietly, begging the God you'd had so little trust in to end the suffering these images brought.

Slowly, but gently, someone lifted you. Carrying you bridal style, you only had your hands to cover your red face. Your captor leaned down gently and rested his forehead against yours. Something wet splattered against your cheek but you didn't bother to wipe it away.

"Hey dove, would you mind opening up for me? You're really scaring me right now."

You shook your head. "I-I can't. I can't see you like.... that. Not again."

He pulled you closer and there was a moment of silence. "(Y/N), listen to me. Please look at me. Whatever that demonic child showed you, wasn't real. We're all here. I'm here. And I.... I'm scared. I don't like seeing you like this."

Your breath hitched and your shaking slowed. Warmth returned to G!Sans gentle touch and you took your hands away from you face. Though you still sobbed quietly, you peered at G!Sans with tear-stained eyes. He stared back at you, his tears reappearing upon seeing your face once again.

"There ya go dove. There's my beautiful girl." He cooed gently.

You clung to him even more tightly, twisting slightly so you could bury your face into his chest. No longer could you see the horrors behind Chara's wicked touch, but only the horrors you inflicted yourself with your wild actions. The sobbing grew and you found yourself unable to let go of G!Sans.

"G!Sans, promise me. Please promise me you won't die." You cried. "Please promise you won't let anyone here die because of me."

He was taken back by the words but held you closer than you thought possible at that point. "No one here is gonna die." He said quietly.

He didn't exactly make the promise, but at that time you ignored it, comforted by those words on their own. You began to move steadily and after a few minutes, your back met with a soft mattress. G!Sans began to pull away just slightly and you tightened your grip.

He chuckled quietly before pulling your head against his shoulder.

"Don't worry (Y/N). I'm not going anywhere."
_________________________________________________________________________________
You woke up to a collection of familiar and comforting scents, the most powerful being leather and smoke from the skeleton you were curled around. You groaned, body aching from your problem yesterday. You tried to lift yourself gently, but as soon as you moved, G!Sans eyes snapped open.

He looked at you then smiled. "Hey sleeping beauty." You teased with a croaking throat.

"Hey there beautiful. You're awake already?" He asked.

You rolled your eyes. "No Sans, I'm in a deep sleep right now."

He chuckled softly and sat up himself. You looked around the room and smiled to yourself. "This is the kids' room." You observed.

G!Sans nodded. "Yeah, Toriel wanted you to rest here until you were past whatever happened to you. By the way, what did happen?" He asked.

You laughed uneasily and ran your hand through your hair. "Wow, so early in the morning and already getting the hard questions." You teased.

G!Sans offered a smile but still waited for you to answer. You sighed and went with the shortest answer, fearing anymore would trigger another episode.

"Chara." You said bitterly.

You hand flitted to your hidden eye and you took a death breath. "Did the others see it?" You asked.

G!Sans laughed uneasily. "It was kinda impossible that they wouldn't. During your 'episode' both eyes were the same."

You whipped around and looked at G!Sans. "Both eyes changed!" You yelped.

He nodded slowly and you covered your face. "That's probably why I saw everything like it was realistic. I was literally looking through Chara's eyes."

G!Sans sighed and wrapped his arms around you. "Don't worry about Chara right now. Once you get better, we'll do all the research we can to get rid of her. Gaster's already looking."

You grinned and nodded happily. "Thanks Sans."

He chuckled and buried his face into you. You looked at him curiously with a raised brow.

"What's so funny?" You asked.

He looked at you. "You didn't notice did ya?" He asked, humor tipping his tone.

"Notice what?"

"You dropped the G." He said.

You took a moment to think about it.

"I dropped the G? Oh..."

You hadn't notice you started to call him Sans. You giggled and leaned into him. "That just means you have my complete trust now." You said quietly.

"I couldn't ask for more." He replied, releasing you. "Come on, I can't hog you all to myself. Frisk really wants to ask you something."

You nodded and tried to stand, failing miserably. G!Sans laughed, standing. "Stay here dove, I'll go get the runt."

You puffed your cheeks but let him go. A few moments later, Frisk opened the door shyly and peeped in.

"(Y/N)? Can I come in?" He asked.

You smiled. "Come in shorty."

He nodded and walked in, closing the door behind him. You noticed how Frisk was careful as he sat on the bed. Snickering, you elbowed him playfully.

"I'm not a China doll Frisk. You don't have to be so careful." You teased.

He presented a weak smile but quickly looked away. He seemed... ashamed?

"Frisk, what's wrong?" You asked.

He kept his narrow gaze away from yours as he spoke. "She keeps telling me she's not, but I need to hear it from you." He started quietly.

"Who is she?" You asked.

"(Y/N)... Is Chara messing with you? I saw your eyes turn red and I asked but she keeps saying no."

You froze. "Y-You talk to Chara..." You said quietly.

Frisk nodded, still not meeting your gaze. "Chara had been following me since I fell down here." He stated. "She talks to me, sometimes it's really scary."

You shook your head wildly. "You shouldn't be hearing Chara anymore! I-I took her! She wanted a stronger host. She picked me!" You blurted. "How is this possible?!"

Frisk seemed scared. "There are two Chara's too!" He exclaimed.

You put a hand against your forehead. "This isn't possible. This means you never get rid of Chara, but then whose Chara do I have? Back home she's attached to home Frisk. The only time my soul is vulnerable to anything of the sort is when I'm using it as a stabilizer. So that means Chara latched to me in the explosion?" You started to panic.

Having two Chara's in one universe was bad news. You dug your home phone out of your pocket and texted Frisk.

Y/N: Frisk, how many times had Chara spoken to you since I left?

Frisk: None, why?

Your face flushed.

Surprise.
___________________________
Let's list your problems:
You're trapped in an AU.
There are two of Chara now.
Frisk (GasterTale) still has to deal with his own Chara.
The Chara in your body is chipping at your sanity with images of Genocide.
You've fallen in love with a skeleton that you may not be able to see again if the AU problem ends with a one-way ticket.
Said skeleton has made a promise to pull the cord if Chara ever got control.

What am I missing? Please do tell.

I hope y'all are enjoying this story as much as I love writing it. Every view, vote and comment makes me more than happy. Even if it's a comment of criticism I take it because even the gate can turn into something productive. If y'all keep being awesome as you are, I'll keep writing. Just don't turn into assholes. Assholes are jerks. No to jerks, yes to smiles. And Undertale. And FNAF. And NaLu. And Doctor Who. And Aphmau.

I'll stop there before I fill an entire book with yes's to my fandoms.

*:.. o(≧▽≦)o ..:*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

305K 8.1K 39
You woke up on bed of golden flowers without having anything to remember. Going to an adventure where you met with many monsters to go home. Easy, ri...
6K 63 51
First Story!!! Sooo sorry if the story is horrible or not making any sense... Edit: I am just correction some misspelling of this book.. I saw so man...
109K 3.6K 32
The only way to the top in this world, this world born of war, born of death, the only way of ascension? ...is to become someone you don't want to be...
27.3K 1.3K 18
Reader insert. What if W.D Gaster didn't just get split between time and space, but actually ended up in your world in an abandoned hospital you call...