In Another Life

By Luv2readnwrite

2 bodies, one alife, one dead but active, one heart, used to be his, is now hers... Love blossoms but will it... More

In Another Life

259 14 43
By Luv2readnwrite

Hey guys. This is my baby story... my very first one... so it will be very amateur but I believe it is a really good plot and Note: I do write like a teenager because this is in the POV of a teenager =]

 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Chapter 1: Newly Reborn

Prologue

“Honey, I need you to know that no matter what happens, I love you to death” were the last words I heard before my operations, I thought about these words as I drifted slowly to sleep.

I slowly opened my eyes and tried to move instinctively but found myself practically chained to bed with wires which were all somehow linked to my body, I tried to make a sound but my mouth felt so dry that all that came out was a moan and soon enough a group of people were crowded around my bed. I only recognized 2 people within this group of people, my mother who ‘s beautiful face was blotchy as if she had been crying and my doctor who was smiling at me encouragingly while taking notes on her folder. The rest of the people I guessed were nurses and perhaps other doctors.

As the days went by, I quickly recovered. My heart transplant had been a grant success and the doctors said that I would be able to go home in a few weeks. During those waiting days I would lay in my hospital bed and wonder what life will be like now that I didn’t have a bad heart anymore , sometimes I would have a talk with my mum or share a giggle with my older sister Ashanti.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 1: Out with the old...

“The doctors said that they would be checking up on me once in a while but as far as I was concerned, I was completely cured!” I told my best friend  Skylar Osborne as we walked to the bus home, it had been my first day back after about a month of rest.

 As soon as I got home I turned up my stereo to my favourite artist “Auburn “and started humming along as the song “Growing up was real hard for me” blasted, I was lying on my bed when I suddenly noticed somebody else sitting on the edge of my balcony looking at me with a sad smile “ARGH!” I screamed as I stupidly grabbed my pillow as protection,

 “What’s wrong Ali?”  My sister asked as she barged into my room

“There’s someone in my room” I said, my voice breaking with fear “Over there... by the balcony seat”,

 my sister quickly glanced around the room and gave me a strange look “I think that you need to rest” she said and walked out of my room with an amused look on her face, I looked over to the balcony and he was still there, I bet I was hallucinating.

 I rubbed my eyes and gave myself a quick pinch to double check and opened my eyes but nope he was still there, still starring at me with that sad look.

 I took a big breath and slightly shuffled forwards “who are you? “ I almost whispered as I took a closer look at him, he was what I and my best friend skye usually would have called a hottie. He had jet black hair which he ran his fingers through as he tried to answer my question, a beautiful body, but his best and most noticeable feature were his soft but icy green eyes which seem to pierce right through me “ My name is Alexander Forrester. You have my heart” he spoke softly though making a hard impact on me. I knew that I was imagining this, the doc probably gave me too many drugs and one of the side effects were probably dreaming of random hot boys.

I rubbed at my eyes again and again until they went red and began to sting but I wasn’t going to stop until this awful hallucination spoofed away, I kept rubbing until I heard a slight chuckle escape from the boy “I’m not going to go away” he spoke again “Um... well... Um” I couldn’t find anything to say to my hallucination so I decided to just go along with it until I either snapped back to reality or woke up from this dream

“Okay, so Alexander, what are you doing in my bedroom?”  “It’s where you are...” he replied. This puzzled and strangely flattered me, he saw my reaction and quickly spoke again “well not you, my heart, you have it. I said that already” His words seemed to go into one ear and through the other, what he was saying was impossible. It didn’t make sense, he didn’t make sense, but then again, he was just in my head. I decided that I could get myself to wake up by going to bed( while I was dreaming of course) so I slowly walked to my bed and tucked myself into the sheets and closed my eyes. Soon I would be awake. Soon I would stop having strange dreams. Right?

Wrong.

I woke up with tears rolling down my cheeks and the feeling of sorrow. Sleep was supposed to calm a person down, so why had it just disturbed me?

“I had the strangest dream ever last night” I told my sister Ashanti “I was in a house and there was a man and a lady, the man was beating the lady and she was crying, screaming and trying to escape. Next to her was a little boy who looked about 7 or 8 and he was just sitting on the ground watching the pair with tears in his eyes. It was like I was there but I wasn’t there, I was just an observer, like the little boy. I tried to talk, to tell the man to stop hitting the lady, to go and comfort the little boy but I was frozen and then suddenly the man was grabbing the little boy and hitting him as well, then it got too much for me, I suddenly heard the little boy howl in pain and that was when I woke up with tears rolling down my cheeks” Ashanti had stopped listening and plugged in her IPod.

I gave her a dirty look as I went back up to my room. I had woken up and ran straight downstairs and now I realised I was still in my pyjamas. When I reached my room I noticed him again “Oh no, not you again, am I crazy?” I spoke, this time with confidence “No you’re not crazy, you’re not imagining me Aliciana” he replied. I froze at the sound of my name, I walked up to him and  starred at him with a frightened look “I never told you my name” I said to him , he smiled at me with his mouth but not eyes , a sad smile “How could I not know the name of the girl who holds my heart?” , Again with the heart I thought to myself “Wait, can you explain to me what you want” I asked him, slightly irritated at his constant referral to me holding his heart.

“Okay well...I’m not exactly sure what I’m doing here or even how I got here. All I know is that you have my heart, I woke up with those words on my tongue, I don’t know how I know your name or how to get back to wherever I came from. I tried to leave your room before you came back from school but I realised that no one but you can see me” He said slowly watching my reaction.

It sounded ridiculous but something about his piercing eyes made me believe him even though all my instincts told me that I was crazy and should be admitted into a psychiatrist hospital or MAYBE I wasn’t imagining him , maybe he was a stalker who had climbed in to my bedroom through the window and was about to kill me, and as for my sister, I mean, anything can go past her, if she has her IPod plugged in, she is not in this world.

I was suddenly afraid and I think the boy( I mean Alexander) noticed this because a quick wave of sincerity passed through his face “I won’t hurt you Aliciana” he smiled again, that same sad smile which was forced on, I couldn’t help but feel sorry for him “I believe you Alexander” I heard myself say. I was definitely going crazy.

“I promise that when I come back we’ll sort this out  I told my new friend” and smiled at him as I made my way to the door for school “Okay, and thank you Aliciana” he replied politely “Oh and One more thing” I said with a wink “ Call me Alice or Ali” and walked out.

School went slowly, I was hardly even listening during maths, history or even French and I had been daydreaming about Alexander when Skylar screamed “LEESH what’s wrong with you today”? , I thought about telling her about Alexander but stopped myself remembering that she would probably think I’ve lost it so I told her that I just had a headache.

The day couldn’t have moved fast enough for me and as soon as the bell rang I made a mad dash for the door, ran to my locker, bumping into Breanna Filer who gave me a dirty look and told me to watch it, I mumbled a quick apology and continued on.

“Hey sweetie how was your day?” my mum interrogated me as soon as I stepped into the house. My mum was a social worker and she really had a thing about communication between families “It was great mum” I replied, not entirely sure what the question was anymore. All that was on my mind was Alexander, I don’t know why I hadn’t been able to stop thinking about him, I mean, I had only just met him and there was that whole “Invisibletoeveryoneelse” thing “Oh that’s good” she said and walked away to make a start on dinner. I ran up to my room, mumbling a quick hello to Ashanti and her boyfriend Preston.

It might have just been me but I swear my room was not anywhere near this neat when I left it in the morning. “I hope you don’t mind, It was the least I could do, besides, I really had nothing to do all day” he said when he saw the shocked look on my face “Oh err, thank you” I wasn’t really used to boys doing anything for me, well, I wasn’t really used to boys at all.

When I was about 2, my father died of prostate cancer, my sister, then 6 and mum and I had been sort of a trio, looking after each other. My mother had never married again, I had had a few boyfriends but most of the relationships had only lasted a couple of weeks or so except for my relationship with Daryl Mastic which had lasted 3 months but didn’t count considering that we were 12. I was kind of a fail when it came to boys, I mean I wasn’t horrible looking. I had brown hair that reached the bottom of my back, big brown eyes, a nice body and an okay looking face but I guess boys never really saw me as girlfriend material, which was fine with me because I always stuffed up when it came it boys.

“You’re welcome, so how was your day” He said it like we were just 2 normal people, well I was but I didn’t know what he was “Good and yours”? I replied shyly, unsure why I was feeling shy. “Well I think I’m dead” he said and chuckled seeing the horror on my face “What?” I said, confused “Well, I have been doing some research on the afterlife and I believe that I am dead, all the signs are there. I mean, no one else but you can see me, I have been here for 2 days and don’t feel hunger or thirst and I can walk through walls” Was he high? “ Are you serious” I asked, hoping that this was some practical joke “Well, except that walk through walls part, but yes, I am very serious, indeed Ali. I was as shocked as you are but now I’m becoming quite accustomed to the idea. I know that the first time I met you, the first thing that came to my head is – you have my heart- I think I have figured out why. You see, I was the guy who donated my heart to you, is my theory but I am still unsure why I am here and not in heaven or hell or wherever” I looked at him to see if he was kidding but he had a deadly seriously look in his eyes and once again, I believed him.

That night I had another dream but in this dream. It was a funeral for a child I realised as I saw the size of the coffin, the child’s family were gathered around the coffin and there was one woman on her knees sobbing immensely, my heart bled out to her, at the corner of my eye, I saw the little boy again, sitting on one of the chairs, he seemed to be whispering something, a prayer perhaps? And he had tears rolling down his eyes. Once again I woke up with tears streaming down my cheeks but this time I woke up with a puzzled feeling. Who was this little boy who kept appearing in my dreams? Why did I always see him crying?.

“Good morning Ali” I heard him say and walk towards my bed, I told him about my dreams and as I was telling him I saw fear flicker on his face but it disappeared as quickly as it had appeared, he looked so worried about me that I suddenly hugged him, he looked taken back by my sudden act of affection but he put his arms around me non the less, I suddenly felt safe in his arms, the weird thing is that, he felt so real. I thought dead people were... well.. dead but I guess I was wrong because here I was hugging one in the flesh.

He seemed embarrassed by our quick hug but he still smiled at me.

As the days passed, I and Alex developed a routine. Every morning I would wake up, have a chat with him, go to school, come back, and spend the rest of the day hanging out with him, laughing and during weekends I would stay indoors all day with him.

I would try and get as much as I could out of Alex about his past life but he wasn't very willing to tell me so I would just drop it. Instead I would tell him all about my life. I told him about skye, my best friend, Breanna Filer, the girl who has hated me since grade 6 when i was picked to play the toothfairy and she had to play tooth decay and I told him about my sister, Ashanti and My mother and my hopes and dreams.

As the weeks went by, Our relationship got more and more intimate and personal. I would catch him sneaking a glance at me or watching me sleep, (how very Edward Cullen of him) or he would catch me watching him while he meditated , which he did quite a lot. It was a great relationship until...

“ I’m falling for you”

 He said to me one night as we laid on my bed listening to Auburn “ Particular girl” , I froze and panicked, I didn’t know what to say and to my horror tears started rolling out of my eyes, he noticed and a hurt look quickly crossed his face before he mumbled a quick apology, which made me cry even harder. I could not bare the truth, he wasn’t real, wasn’t alive, it wasn’t fair and worse of all. I think I felt the same way

I went to sleep early that night and had yet another strange dream, In this dream, I was in someone’s apartment, there was a young blonde girl who looked like she was stoned and she had a little boy with her. The same little boy of course, he was trying to comfort her and she was crying. There was something wrong here. The little boy suddenly looked in my direction with look that said – Please help me- , I tried to walk but it was like I was stuck . I kept looking at the little boy and then I noticed something, something that had been starring me in the eye, literally, the eyes, I had seen them somewhere, they were piecing through me, I blinked and then I was gone, but I was still in the room. Confused, I ran to the bathroom to wash my face hoping to wake up and when I looked in the mirror I saw myself as the little boy, looking through his eyes, I was him. It was such a disturbing dream that I woke up with a fright.

I ran over to where Alex was sitting, watching me, like he did every night. I gave him a big hug and once again, the tears came “Wow, you have a lot of tears’ he said with a chuckle and then mumbled something under his breath. I looked up at him and he looked down at almost the exact same minute, he leaned in, I closed my eyes and then... I was falling.

His kiss had come strong and passionate, the way his lips and mine had moved almost simultaneously had sent a ripple shock through my body and I had responded in such a way that shocked me myself, I had been so lost that he had to pull me off him with a smug grin and pulled me onto his lap in a warm embrace. I didn’t care if he was dead and even though he said I had his heart, it didn’t matter because he had mine.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alexander

I should have known this would happen. I had tried to control myself but the sight of her tears purely broke me into pieces. The sight of her in pain send a shot or fire through my … hmm I would say my heart but well I was no longer in possession or control of it so it send a shot of fire through my body.

I cannot believe I have really let this happen; I’m really falling for this girl. The way her face light up when she sees me sends shivers down my spine, her infectious laugh fills my world and her eyes, oh her eyes, when they are full of cheer, they are a light brown color, when they are full of sorrow they have this dark colour to it. It puzzles me to have these feelings, how quickly I became accustomed to her snores. When she sleeps she’s like a dove, softly flying away.

I know she can help me. I know she can. I don’t know how she can help me but I know she can. Something draws me to her, I tried to leave one day while she was at school but I ended coming back to her. She has my heart, whenever I tell her this, she looks slightly amused, as though this is a joke.

I have been getting these messages, in my head. That’s how I found her in the first place, someone or my conscious or something led me here.  Aliciana, she’s beautiful and I couldn’t have chosen a better person to have my heart.

Each and every day I waited for her to come home from school, one day she came home from school looking so excited, I embraced her with a hug so deep and heartfelt that it took me a while to realise she was speaking “ sorry, what was that? “ I asked “ drifter”  she said with a laugh “  I said, I  found out something today, I was at the library and found this book written by a lady who thought that she could enter the spirit world, her Name was Lady Lucian  Goldwell. I was reading through her book when I saw something that caught my eye. It was about the afterlife, it said that after life, people will either continue on their journey or they could be stuck here on earth. Sort of in the middle, these people are called Soul searchers and they can be trapped here on earth for centuries. Lucian’s theory is that, the reason these people can’t move on is because they won’t let go … that’s all it said. I tried to find other books but that was all”

I wasn’t sure whether to be flattered and grateful of all her research and care  or to be frightened about what I had just heard, I think that Alice noticed my reaction because she suddenly walked over to the balcony seat and put her arms around my waist and I let her comfort me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 rest coming out soon :) Tell me what you think and i am willing to take suggestions

By the way guys , I know it has a finished tick.. but when I ticked it I didn't know what I was doing ( I was new) . Its not actually completed . But thank you for your views/ comments and votes

Continue Reading