Vision (Original)

By Lauren_Sophie_

COMPLETED Please note this is the original version of 'Vision', you can find the new rewritten version that I... More

Vision... rewritten!
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Authors Note
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Epilogue
Sequel

Chapter 12

14.9K 497 24
By Lauren_Sophie_

When I woke up, all I could feel was numbness.

I knew that I had been stabbed, I knew it should hurt, but it didn't.

I was still lying on the ground, looking next to me, I saw the blood-soaked grass and winced, turning away.

My gaze flickered upwards, where I saw Liam running towards me before he was intercepted by a wolf.

My eyes closed voluntarily, I didn't want to watch.

I lay there, listening to the sounds of battle, the warning growls of the wolves, and the loud whines that could only mean a wolf in pain.

I guess it was horrifying.

Though I found it oddly peaceful.

I was so used to hearing these sounds... used to watching it happen.

It was a strange kind of serenity, to hear it and not have to watch. To know it was happening, but not see the pain and the suffering.

So at peace in this strange moment, the thing that made me open my eyes was the brief but thrilling contact between me and my mate. Just a simple, short touch.

And then it all came crashing down.

I heard the unmistakeable thud of a body hitting the ground next to me, I smelt the rusty scent of fresh blood.

I winced as I opened my eyes.

But I didn't need to worry.

Laying next to me, his eyes glassy and unfocused, was Alpha Derek.

I sighed in relief as a pair of warm arms encircled me, and gently lifted me up. Liam.

"Does it hurt?" He asked me.

"Does what hurt?" I asked, pushing my face into his chest, trying to get as much contact as possible. He was so warm. I hadn't realised how cold I had gotten.

"Your stomach." He replied, in a concerned voice.

"Oh." I said. Now that I really thought about it, I couldn't feel any pain at all. But that didn't make any sense, I had seen the blood. I had definitely been stabbed.

"No, it doesn't hurt." I replied.

He didn't say anything, but I sensed that he didn't believe me.

"Duck." I said meekly. He obliged without a second thought, we were both tight against the ground as a silver bullet went whizzing over our heads.

For a moment we stayed there on the ground, he shot me an incredulous look. I had told him to duck before the man had even raised his gun.

I looked away, not wanting to meet his eyes. I was ashamed of myself, ashamed that the one secret I had been determined to keep quiet had gotten out. 

I didn't speak any more as he carried me away, I wouldn't have known what to say even if I wanted to speak. 

I knew I'd have to talk to him eventually, but I was quite happy to postpone that moment for as long as possible.

After what seemed like hours of walking, the sounds of battle left far behind, when we came across a car, with one of Liam's pack members already seated in the driving seat. The car was one of those fancy ones with a partition separating us from the driver. Did that mean that he wanted to talk... now?

Once we were both seated, he turned to me, and stared at me for a few moments.

I looked away, not wanting to know what he was thinking. 

"My sister has gone missing." He told me. 

"Kayla?" I asked, shocked. "When?"

"I don't know. I was just wondering if you'd seen anything." He elaborated. 

"Seen anything?" I asked, confused. Why would I have seen her- oh. "Oh." I said,  "Er, it doesn't really um, work that way."

"Can you not... look for her? See her... future?" He asked again. The way he said 'future' made me cringe, it disgusted him. 

"I don't... I've never tried to have a vision before. And I wouldn't want to, either." I told him in a quiet voice. 

"You don't want her to be safe." He said, turning away with a blank expression. 

"What? No!" I exclaimed, "Every vision I've ever had has been full of death, and death alone. You should hope that I don't see her."

We didn't speak after that, though it felt like there was something more to be said. 

The rest of the journey was completely silent, aside from him telling me "The doctor is waiting for you.", right as we were getting out of the car. 

True to his words, the doctor was there immediately. He tried to lend me a hand with walking, not that I needed it, I couldn't feel any pain, however his hand made contact with my skin for not even a second because the moment he touched me Liam sent out a growl that had the poor doctor cowering back and profusely apologising. 

It didn't exactly matter, but what if I was seriously injured and unable to walk? He wouldn't even come near me. I'd probably just collapse on the floor and die, or something. 

So instead, I followed the doctor into his office, and sat down obediently on the table. 

"Alpha Sutton, I apologise but she's going to have to lift up her shirt, and I'll need to be able to touch the wound." The doctor told Liam, his voice shaking ever so slightly. 

Liam nodded his consent, and I raised the hem of my shirt, which had been given to me in the car.

I hadn't looked down myself, but I could see the doctor's clear confusion, and looking at Liam, I saw that his face had paled, and his eyes were glued to my stomach. 

I turned away from him, not wanting to see the way he looked at me. I knew what he was looking at, the word 'freak' written across my skin. Funny how he never seemed to look at me the way I wanted him to. 

"I don't..." The doctor mumbled.

"It's bad isn't it?" I asked, "Am I going to die?" 

"No... No of course not. I just... I can't believe it! Impossible." He said, almost to himself. 

"What?" I asked, taken aback. Slowly I looked down at my stomach. 

There was no wound. Or was there?

Slowly I reached a hand down and touched the spot where I had been stabbed. There was a slight resistance there... almost like a well-healed wound... 

But... how was that possible? It had been a silver knife. 

Wolves healed fast, but silver always scared.

Always. 

"I can't be certain but... I thought it were impossible. It's healed as though you were stabbed with a regular knife." He said.

"It was silver." I told him.

He nodded, "Yes... Has silver hurt you before?"

I nodded and touched the scarred word along my stomach. "Everything they used on me when they were torturing me was silver."

"I wouldn't have thought it possible." The doctor let out an almost maddening giggle. "To think of the possibilities!"

"I don't understand."

"If I am not mistaken... it seems that you have developed some sort of immunity to silver." He told me, grinning widely. "I'll need to take a blood sample to be sure... but this is just incredible."

"What does this mean?" Liam finally spoke. 

"It means that she's practically invincible." The doctor laughed, "To be immune to the only true weakness of our kind... Magical."

How is any of this fair?

You might think it incredible, to be immune to our biggest weakness. But why me? Why not the thousands of other wolves that I have watched be murdered using silver?

I didn't look when the doctor took a sample of my blood, I didn't reply to his goodbye when Liam led me out of the room. 

Something was wrong.

I could feel it instinctively, before it happened. 

This was no regular vision, that I understood, even before I saw it. 

I was stood in an open field of some sort, where  10 cowering children stood, legs shaking, their hands bound tightly behind them. Each of them were being held up by an adult woof, a knife to their throat. 

I watched in agony as the first throat was cut. Blood spurted out like a fountain, covering the other wolves in the liquid. 

"Charlotte." A voice said, clear as day.

I turned to my right, another wolf, a male, stood in front of the young wolves, I assumed he was the leader of all of this. It was he who had spoken my name.

How did he know?

And then the next throat was slit. 

I winced, though like usual, I couldn't turn away. 

"You must come to us, Charlotte." He said, in a cold voice. 

Another throat, another scream died out. 

"Or more deaths will follow."

Another dead. 

"We do not wish to harm you, Charlotte."

Another body fell to the floor. 

"We have wolves stationed outside the north of your pack."

This time there was a disgusting, wet, gurgling sound as the next throat was slit.

"Find them, and they will take you to us."

I watched as fresh blood spewed out across the grass in front of me along with the next dead.

"Tell no one."

Another child dead.

"Or there will be repercussions." 

Another body hit the ground, blood oozing out.

"Every day that you do not arrive, we will kill 10 more children."

The last body hit the dirt with a thud, and all the screaming had stopped.

"I will see you soon, Charlotte." The male said, in a disgustingly calm tone.  

When my eyes opened, I found myself laying on the ground, Liam's hand was touching me, but the moment he saw I was awake again, he released me and kept walking. 

I stared at him as he walked away. 

I was shocked that these people had found a way to contact me through my visions. I was shocked that they knew about it. 

There was no doubt that I would go to find these people outside of the territory. No doubt that I would  continue to let any more deaths be on my hands. 

Liam was upset with me, that much was true. I would try to make things right again, before I left.

If I had time. 

_______________________________

Sorry it's so late! I completely underestimated the amount of work I had to do for my exams, and I just don't have enough time to write. 

Hopefully I can find some

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

864K 18.8K 26
"Are you afraid of me?" His words came out in a whimper and I flinched away from him. He finally let his forehead rest against mine as he sighed. "Yo...
273 20 13
Ongoing! This is the rewritten version of my book Vision, the original completed version is still up on my profile. ______ Nineteen-year-old Charlott...
50K 2K 26
A little girl had it all then lost it all. A rogue wolf killed her family and with the graces above she managed to escape from death. The wolves tha...
1.6M 39.8K 63
This is a story of a sixteen year old girl named Valentine Winters, she is a werewolf and an Alpha's youngest daughter. On her sixteenth birthday, sh...