defect ➵ scömìche

By ashlxy-

〝some people stepped away, as if i were a bomb that would explode any second. but mitch stayed.〞 { completed } More

coming soon
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
a/n:: immune is here!

eighteen

1.6K 121 46
By ashlxy-

Mitch Grassi's POV

WHEN I WOKE UP, I STILL felt the tingling on my lips, and I didn't even actually kiss him. I looked at my phone on my bedside table, and noticed it had a few notifications. I checked them, and one of them was from Scott.

Scott:
we can probably get your hair dyed today if you want.

I let a grin plaster my face. I quickly texted back. He sent that about ten minutes ago.

Mitch:
sure. text me when you want to.

Scott:
now? i can pick you up.

Mitch:
give me 10 minutes

I hopped out of my bed with a yawn, forcing myself to put actual clothes on. Settling for skinny jeans and a loose sweater, I shoved my shoes on and waited for Scott's honk or knock. I ran a hand through my brown and eventually blond or purple hair in a way to tame it a bit and it didn't want to cooperate with me. I sighed, letting it be messy, a few strands poking out. It bothered me but there wasn't anything I could do about it.

I heard a few knocks, and I got back up again to go downstairs. Once I was down there, the door was soon opened and revealed a smiling Scott. "Hi," I smiled back.

"Hi. What color are you getting it dyed?" He asked as I closed the door to my small house, locking it. "Um, maybe blond or purple. I don't know yet."

"Oh," he mumbled. "You'd look really good with blond, I think."

I looked up at him with a smirk. "So you like blonds, huh?"

"What? No," he blushed. "Does it matter? I mean, I only like you, so—" and he stopped, his face getting even more red. "Let's go," he muttered, avoiding my gaze as I felt my insides explode. I couldn't help the massive grin on my face as I got in with him, and I was just staring at my lap the entire way to the salon.

"You're happy," he noted out loud. "Yeah, I am. Sorry," I shook my head, thinking I should stop being creepy. He glanced at me, a frown forming on his thin lips. "Why would you apologize for being happy?"

"I don't know. I figured I was being creepy or annoying," I played with my fingers. "Okay, well, you weren't. You were just being excessively cute."

He suddenly brought a hand to his forehead, "Sorry."

"Don't be," I blushed. "Thank you."

He nodded, not responding, and the car stopped in front of a glass salon, filled with some young women, children, and some guys. We both left the vehicle, closing the doors shut and a beep was heard from it as Scott guided me to the door, not that I needed any help.

I think I realized that I somehow liked Scott in more of a friendly way was when I was at the hospital and he seemed genuinely worried for me and when I imagined he was in my place and I suddenly felt the need to cry. I cared for him a lot, that's for sure, but I also knew that I hadn't just thought of him as only a friend. Eventually I snapped out of my trance when I saw a woman in front of me and an amused Scott staring at me expectantly. "Sorry, what?"

"What color would you like your hair dyed today?" She smiled at me. "Oh, uh, blond," I played with my fingers once more. "Like a platinum blond or your friend's blond?" She asked me, leading me to a chair. "His blond but a little lighter," I declared. "Alright," she said. "Sit tight, I'll be right back."

She left and Scott sat in the salon chair next to me, smiling at me with a weird look in his eyes. "What?" I inquired nervously. "Nothing, but I'm just imagining your hair pinned back with a clip, that's all. I don't think it'd look bad on you, to be honest."

I rolled my eyes, "You won't be seeing much of that," I said.

"Fine," he looked around the salon, seeing many mannequin heads with painted makeup on them and non-knotty, fake hair. The woman came back eventually with one bottle of what I'm assuming is the dye. "So," she said as she grabbed the clip from an area on the desk. "How long have you two been dating?"

I blushed instantaneously as Scott smirked. I stared at him, hoping he wouldn't lie. "For a few months," he stated.

"That's a lie," I said quietly. "We met a few months ago. We aren't dating."

"I can tell at least one of you like each other romantically though," she stated, the clip holding my brown hair up as she grabbed a blue-ish white paste. "Well, I would hope so," Scott said. "I like him a lot."

"Oh my God," I muttered. I couldn't tell if that was a lie. "Y'all are cute," she chuckled. Her curly reddish orange hair matched her pale orange outfit from what I could see through the mirror. She was slim, short, and she was clearly good at what she did. "Especially him," Scott decided to state. I pursed my lips as she made a sound that sounded like an 'aww'.

The paste was eventually on my hair, all of it, and it wasn't much since I had short hair, but it was cold and made me shiver. "Cold there, Mitch?" Scott asked, staring at me. "Yes," I muttered once again.

"Sorry," he shrugged sheepishly, as if he had done nothing. "Whatever," I rolled my eyes.

The clip was tightened. "You have to stay like this for about ten minutes," she explained. "I'll be back then. Don't screw the clip up."

I nodded in understanding as she walked away. "Fuck you," I said immediately. "That was embarrassing as hell, you buffoon."

"Sorry, Mitch. It's just really cute to see you flustered," his smirk only got wider as I, once more, blushed.

"Well, don't do it again. I do not want to be embarrassed anymore," I frowned.

"Fine, fine. For now."

"Forever," I corrected.

"Maybe," he finally put a genuine smile on his pale face. "Thank you," I said. He simply nodded. "But Mitch?"

"Yeah?" I looked at him.

"I meant everything I said to her about you, you know," he said as if it wasn't a big deal, but it made my insides feel like a zoo. I didn't even respond to that, afraid of embarrassing myself somehow.

***

"I'm back!" The woman came back with a white-ish yellow dye in her hands. I was wrong earlier.

"Hi," I smiled politely. "Hey, guys," she said and then she stood me up. "We have to wash the paste out, so follow me," she said, and I did as she demanded, Scott also following us to the sinks. As we were walking, I got a glimpse of her name tag and it said Kate.

Kate had me sit back down into yet another chair and I heard water flowing. "Warm or cold?" She asked, but I'm sure she already knew the answer. "Warm," I responded and once I laid back, I saw Scott grinning down at me. I rolled my eyes. I kept thinking he was more excited for the result than I was, which was really excited.

As Kate began to apply the soap, Scott kept staring at me and I felt a little awkward. "What now?" I furrowed my eyebrows at him. Kate looked at me, but glanced at Scott, like she was completely interested in us. "Nothing, nothing. You're just cute," he stated.

"Oh my God," I said for what seemed like the eight hundredth time that day. My cheeks became red and I was flustered as she rinsed the soap and paste out.

Kate was grinning, Scott was smirking, and I was really embarrassed, but the things he said made me feel like goo and I couldn't tell whether or not that was a good thing, so I settled with acting like he should stop, which wasn't entirely false. It did make me go red, which is embarrassing, so he should stop before I looked like a tomato. [a/n: fangirl reference!]

"Almost done, just a few more seconds," Kate stated. In a few more seconds like she had previously told me, she grabbed a towel from the side of the sink and helped me out, making sure the water didn't drip down on the floor. The cape I was wearing landed at my knees, so it looked like I was wearing a dress, and I thought I could pull off a dress if I wanted as we were walking back to the old chair. [a/n: so he basically looked like himself from their second grammy but white hair for now lmao]

"So," she said as she dried my extremely bright and white hair. I widened my eyes at it, but Kate chuckled as Scott stared at me, a goofy yet adorable grin on his lips. "Now we need to apply the dye, and it won't take much longer. Once it's in, we have to wait thirty minutes, okay?"

I nodded. Eventually the dye was in my hair, and soon thirty minutes passed, and then she came back after Scott and I had an unspoken and silent staring contest.

"Alright," she grinned. "Let's look at the final product!"

She released my hair from the clip and it all cascaded down the side of my face. My hair was wet but now a lighter blond than Scott's and I was in love. Scott once more kept staring at me, yet another small smile forming on his lips. She started to blow-dry it, and I eventually took the big cape thing off of myself after she was done.

"Do you like it?" She asked, staring at both Scott and I. "Yeah," I grinned at her. "Thank you."

"No problem," she smiled back.

***

a/n: lol what is this chapter

also I got my hair dyed a few months ago to black so I kind of recited what happened there but to Mitch so if some doesn't make sense or none of it makes sense then oops?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52K 1.9K 128
oneshots.
29.2K 746 24
2K 82 1
Hickey's were hard to hide. That was one of the thoughts circling in Mitch's head when he stood in front of the mirror that morning. He touched the p...
115K 5.5K 30
He was willing to share. He couldn't decide. He didn't know.