Midnight Shades

By zeebooks

Behind an old tree she would sit and stare at him, admire his beauty and charm, hidden by the darkness of the... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
A Message.
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Surprise (1)
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Q&A?
Chapter 48
Q&A Answers!
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Surprise (2)
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Surprise (3)
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Epilogue
Thank You.
Winners and New Book.
Another Q&A?
Q&A Answers.
Bonus Chapter: Family
What Do You Think?

Chapter 44

841 62 58
By zeebooks

Monday morning comes and as always, I have breakfast with my family, finish my job at the Green Land and then I wander off. However, this time, I decide to go for a swim at the Lyara's river—despite the cold air of November.

I change into my swimsuit and put on some warm clothes and head there with my towel. The sunset is almost there, so it's a perfect time to swim; people would be taking their naps, having dinner, or out with their friends—not that anyone bothers going to the river at these times.

The water is always warm, despite the cold air of November. I relax when I dip my head under the water before rising again. The silence that engulfs the river is comforting me in a way that I can't seem to explain. I'm always around people; at home, at job, at the Sector, everywhere, and it fucking pisses me off.

It feels like I can't draw in a deep breath when I'm around people, it's like I'm suffocating, but that's only because I'm in a bad mood. When have I really got out of this bad mood? It has been here ever since I laid my eyes on Louis, and it's not even his problem.

I miss him so much. I miss being wrapped up in his arms while he goofs about something or make a conversation with me. I miss his touches and kisses, I miss his voice and everything else about him.

Feeling my eyes tearing up as I enjoy the warm water, I sniff and blink away, refusing to let them down. Do you even know what's bothering me the most? It's not that I'm in a constant fight with my best friends, it's not that I'm not a pure—blooded sorcerer, and it's not even that Louis practically ended everything between us. It's that everything is taking an opposite direction of what I had in mind.

Surely, not everything goes as you want, but neither does everything go completely wrong. It's just... It can't be. It doesn't matter what it is, if I want something, I will get the complete opposite of it, and it tires me to an extreme way.

"Tallulah!" I hear the familiar sound of Sir Artair's voice calling loudly, making me turn around in surprise to see him walking towards me. "I have been looking for you."

"What is it?" I ask, looking back and forth between his eyes as he catches his breath and sits down.

He takes a deep breath before I asking, "What happened?"

I furrow my eyebrows. "What are you talking about?"

"Between you and Louis," He rolls his eyes. "He told me that Harry went to him and warned him about some shit in the village and then he didn't tell me what he—"

"Wait, wait, hold on," I cut him off, eyes wide in surprise. "Harry went to Louis? As in Wren's Harry?"

"I thought you knew." He looks at me with confusion.

"No one told me shit," I spit angrily. "Louis just casually broke things off with me, and it's all because of Harry?"

"I didn't know that he broke things off with you," He puts his hands up in surrender. "But he told me that Harry went to him a few days ago—the day you got back—and told him to get away from you, or you'll get harmed."

I can't believe this. Not once have I thought about Harry doing shit to me, at all. I don't even know why would he do such a thing, it's not even his fucking business, and as far as I know, he knows nothing about me and Louis and our relationship—that is unless Wren tells him. Then it hits me; of course she tells him.

I'm not sure, but that is the only thing that makes sense right now, Wren telling Harry and Harry doing shit on his own. Fuck, I'm so pissed off.

Quickly getting out of the water, I ignore Sir Artair's calls as I put on my clothes, ignoring the fact that my hair is wet and so is my body, and that the weather is freezing cold right now. The anger and the rage inside me is enough to put me on fire.

I walk angrily in the village and towards the Park area, knowing that they spend their times together there. I don't even know what will I say to him, but the words will roll out of my mouth automatically as soon as I see his fucked up ass.

As predicted, they are all sitting in the Park area, laughing and messing around; Niall and Darcy, Esme and Ed, and Wren and fucking Harry. My feet stomp angrily in the grass, my mind not able to comprehend that Harry would stoop that low and tell Louis to stay away.

Why? Why do I always get surprised by the closest people to me? First, my mother, then my two best friends, then Aaliyah, then Harry? I honestly don't understand what is happening anymore.

"Hey, Tallulah—" Niall begins but I soon cut anyone from talking any further.

My eyes remain hard and intense on Harry as I spit out, "What did you tell Louis?"

Harry clenches his jaw as Wren shakes her head and sighs, shrugging off Harry's arm from around his shoulder. The rest stare at me in confusion—Esme included—as I keep my gaze fixed on Harry.

"What did you tell him?" I repeat angrily, gritting my teeth.

"What I had to tell him," He spits back. "He has no idea what he is getting himself into. Conall is after you, and his father might be, too. Lyara knows that if they want you two dead, you will be."

I feel like screaming out in anger, but I keep myself calm. "Will you all stop interfering with my fucking life? These choices are mine and his, you have no say in what we do whatsoever! If he chooses to be with me, then that's on him, and not a fucker of you will change that! Stay out of my relationship and my life! And I swear, if I knew once more that you did a single shit, I'll not hesitate to ruin your lives, too." I shout.

It is fucking triggering me. Everyone is always judging my choices, changing them, interfering them, and I'm so fucking sick of it. Why can't they just leave me the fuck alone?

"You know what I did was the right thing to do." Harry replies coldly.

"It wasn't," I reply disgustingly. "Fuck you, Harry."

Before anyone can mutter a single word again, I turn on my heels and head towards the house, deciding to change and go to Louis. I will not let anyone ruin the only thing that I want in life. The door is slammed behind me as I enter, mother jumping in surprise as she says, "What's wrong?"

Ignoring her, I head for my room, pulling out fresh clothes and heading to the bathroom. In a matter of minutes, I'm done with my shower and putting on my clothes. I'm brushing my hair hurriedly as mother opens the door and crosses her arms over her chest.

"What happened?" She asks.

"Everyone is fucking their noses in my life and I'm sick of it," I mutter angrily, moving to grab my phone and my hair band, quickly tying the awkward braid that I have done.

"Who did?" She frowns, sitting on my bed.

"I'm going to Louis." I ignore her question and step into my boots.

"Tallulah, your father is here, and he must have heard you come." She tells me, raising her eyebrow at me.

"Tell him I'm with my friends and I just got here to bring something that I forgot." I inform her, not looking at her as I jump out of the window and head towards the gates.

I might have sounded rude, but I can't find it in me to speak two words to anyone but Louis now. I'm not being rude on purpose, and I will probably apologise as soon as I calm down and get back home. I just hope I get back calmer and not angrier.

I stuff my hands in my pockets as I begin walking in the forest. Two hours or so later, I stand behind Alfredo and look over at Louis' parlour. The lights are on, thankfully. When I push the door open, I see Liam sitting on the chair while scrolling down his phone, though he immediately smiles when he sees me.

"Hi, Tallulah." He smiles gently.

"Hi," I force a smile. "Is Louis here?"

"He was, he got out almost an hour ago though." He informs me and I huff in annoyance.

"Did he tell you where he's going?" I ask, trying desperately.

He shrugs and shakes his head. "No, just said that he needed some time to think, you know, about everything." He gives me a sympathetic smile.

My eyes widen at his words, the memory immediately hitting me of the place he goes to when he wants to think. Where he told where he first saw me. My heart beats quickly as I mutter Liam my thanks and head out of the parlour.

I can faintly remember the directions, but I don't think I will get lost. However, I do get lost, but I manage to find the right direction quickly, and thirty minutes later, I see the black motorcycle that belongs to Louis.

He is sitting on the edge, his feet in the air with a cigarette between his lips. I wrap my arms around myself because of the cold air, watching as Louis brings the jacket up to cover his neck more. However, as he does so, he notices me standing a few feet away from him. He doesn't say anything, he simply leaves his gaze on me for a few long seconds before taking a deep breath and staring forward.

Swallowing the lump in my throat, I force myself to walk over to him and sit down next to him, and when the silence stays for a few more minutes, I decide to break it. "Why didn't you tell me that Harry came to you?"

He scoffs, "Why didn't you tell me that Conall and his father are after you?"

"I told you about Conall—" I begin to protest but he quickly cuts me off.

"But you didn't tell me about his father, and you didn't tell me that they killed people before. You simply told me to not worry and that it wasn't such a big deal." He throws, voice getting angrier. "Didn't you?"

I wet my lips and say, "Yes, I didn't, and I have a reason."

"Oh, and what is that?" He replies sarcastically, still not meeting my eyes as he takes a long drag of his cigarette.

"I don't want to worry you, Louis," I protest. "I wanted to keep you out of it, because I'd put you in danger if I didn't."

He can never see this the way I see it.

"Oh, alright, okay then. If I'm out of that, then I'm out of this whole shit." He replies coldly.

My eyes burn with angry tears, though I still don't let them fall down as I look at Louis in disbelief and say, "Why are you talking to me like that? Stop being so cold!"

"Then why are you treating me like I'm not part of this relationship?!" He snaps suddenly, making me jump in surprise before he throws away his cigarette and stands up, pacing as he runs his hand through his hair in frustration. "You always do this! You always think of things on your way, and you keep me out of it; hell, you don't even tell me about it! You always assume some fucked up shit and it angers me. You always keep me out of everything, and this is not how a god damn relationship works."

Suddenly, and out of nowhere, the words leave my mouth easily as I say, "I keep you out of it because I myself don't know what to do! I brought the danger to your life and it's my responsibility to take it out, I can't put the blame on anyone but me, that's why I'm always like that. I might not notice hurting and bothering you by these things, but it's only because my main priority is keeping you safe, this is what clouds my mind twenty—four—seven."

"I want to be your priority, Tallulah," He says quietly, looking at me with pleading eyes. "As selfish as it may sound, I want nothing to cloud your mind but me."

"That—" I begin to tell him that he is, and that this is what I mean, but he quickly cuts me off as he takes a few steps towards me.

"Not that side," He shakes his head. "I want to cloud you; soul and mind. I want to cloud you with my touches, my kisses, my hugs, my silly jokes and my love." He says, carefully placing his hand on my cheek.

As a tear slips down my cheek, I whimper out, "I can't risk your safety."

"Neither can I risk yours," He says. "You're trying to keep me safe by putting yourself in danger, and I can't accept that. Baby, if we're both into this, then we're going to solve it; and I'm so bloody into you."

I let out a short cry. "They are all turning on me slowly, and I'm trying to fight everything but I can't," I look up at his blue eyes and continue, "I have lost all my powers to fight this, and I'm drained, Louis. Whenever I close a door, another one opens and ruins everything else, and I need you more than anything right now."

"That's just it, angel," He coos and brings me closer to him. "I want you to need me because then I'll have you with me at all times."

I smile sadly, "I don't think there will ever be a day where I won't need you."

"Not even a second," He jokes before wrapping his arms around me in a hug. "You and I will figure this out. I swear to you, baby girl; I will fart them out of our god damn life."

I let out a laugh before burying my face in the crook of his neck, pressing a small kiss to the skin before muttering, "I love you, and I'm sorry."

"It's okay, angel," He sighs and presses a kiss under my ear as he tightens his embrace. "God, I'm so, so in love with you."

Hii! How are you, and what's going on with your life so far, and how did you find this chapter?

Remember to vote and comment to win a printed copy of the book. I love you all, thank you for everything!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 48.5K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
304K 7.9K 31
I've liked this boy since fifth grade. But he's my brothers friend. His best friend.
20.9K 165 22
a curated compilation of the best wattpad books (not in any specific order)
238K 5.9K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...