Can't Love You More Than This...

By Natalie7457

Sophie Adams is a student at Wichita State University where she is the captain of the volleyball team. Jonath... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28

Chapter 4

693 8 0
By Natalie7457

* Skip ahead to 3 days later *

Sophie's POV

Today is the first round of the tournament, and we have to win or we don't go on.

I slept in an extra hour and then got up and took a shower, before getting Avery up and going to eat breakfast.

After we ate we sat around in our room for a couple hours before the guys came down to see us.

Knock-knock

I went and opened the door to reveal Jon and Pat.

Come on in guys, I said.

We talked for awhile before Avery and I started running around changing and everything else.

We were all ready to go get on our bus and we said goodbye to the boys who wished us luck and boarded the bus.

We got to the arena and went to the locker room to get everything ready and before we knew it, it was time to warm up.

We did our usual warm ups and then went back to the locker room for the usual pep talk from coach and from me.

Ladies this is the moment we've been waiting for all season, the NCAA tournament, our dreams have finally come true and we can't let this dream get crushed so we have to go out there and win, and I know we can do it! We are the dream team and were gonna show people why! I said during my pep talk.

Introducing the Northern Illinois Huskies!

Introducing the Wichita State Shockers!

We went out and I went to the captain's meeting getting serve for us.

Now for the starting lineup for the WSU Shockers. Senior number 7 Captain Sophie Adams! Senior number 22 Assistant Captain Avery Johnson! Number 5 Senior Mary Ashton! Number 9 Senior Katie Rielly! Number 6 Junior Dani Mostrom! Number 21 Sophomore Natalie Brisso!

WSU will serving, with captain Sophie Adams serving first, the lady said over the intercom.

I served the ball over and they set up a slam which we returned, we volleyed back and forth a couple times before Katie got a stuff block and we got the first point.

We won the first 2 sets and it was game point for us in set 3, I was serving again.

I served it over and we volleyed for awhile before I fake set and slammed it down with my secret weapon, my left hand since I'm left handed I can do little attacks that no one sees coming, and we won the first round.

Wichita State moves in to the next round against Kansas State but Northern Illinois does not move on.

Stacy's down on the floor and she has caught the Wichita State captain Sophie Adams, Stacy? One of the men announcing said.

Sophie, what did you say to your team before the game today? The reporter asked me.

I just said that this is the moment we've been waiting for all season and how we can't let out dreams get crushed.

Spoken like a true captain. Now we've heard a rumor that you and assistant captain Avery Johnson have been recruited to the National Team, is it true?

Yes it is true.

Have you accepted?

We have decided but we are having a public press conference about it like our coach told us to.

When is said press conference?

Either after we lose out of the tournament or win it all.

I see. Thank you for your time Sophie.

I went back to the locker room after my interview and quickly showered and got dressed.

I walked out and saw Jon talking to Avery and Pat. I walked over and Jon turned to me.

Your so amazing at that sport! No wonder you're the captain! He said while he picked me up and spun me around. Also why didn't you mention the fact that you were recruited for the National/Olympic team?

I guess it just slipped my mind, I said.

Slipped your mind? I basically think about Sochi constantly.

Well yours is a little closer than mine is.

You mean you accepted the offer?

Yep, Avery and I accepted but no one tells the public.

We walked out of the arena and went back to our hotel where Jon kissed me goodnight at my door and walked away.

Come on we have practice in the morning and the game tomorrow night, Avery said.

We woke up the next morning and went to practice, took showers, got dressed in our standard Blackhawk apparel, ate lunch, and hit the road in the Jeep Liberty we rented for the day.

We made really good time and we were in Anaheim by 6 and stopped to eat dinner.

We ate and then made our way to the arena and down to our seats right by the bench.

The guys came out onto the ice and warmed up while Jonathan for the usual pregame interview. Warmups ended and then the guys were back on the ice for the 1st period.

The starting lineup for the visiting Chicago Blackhawks, number 19 captain Jonathan Toews, number 88 Patrick Kane, number 10 Patrick Sharp, number 2 Duncan Keith, number 7 Brent Seabrook, and starting in goal number 50 Corey Crawford.

The first period started and nothing happened until 14:28 into the game Kaner got a goal with assists from Sharpie and Seabs.

The rest of the first period was scoreless along with the second period.

The guys came back out for the 3 rd period and at 14:32 left in the game Perry got a goal to tie it up.

Thankfully 2 minutes later Keith got the puck from a bad pass and shot it to Seabs, who shot it to Kaner, who then passed it to Tazer near the net and he shoots and scores! Ending the tie and putting us up one point.

As soon as he got the goal he found me in the crowd and pointed at me. The point was the last thing the public saw before the game went on a TV timeout.

Oh my gosh Jonathan Toews just pointed at me!!! A girly squeal came from behind me.

How do you know he pointed at you there's 2 girls sitting right in front of you and one next to you. Someone yelled in the crowd.

Well, this girl in front of me is ugly so he would point at her, along with the one sitting next to her, and this one sitting next to me isn't as pretty as me, so he had to be pointing at me.

I turned around in my seat and looked up to see, not to my surprise, nothing less than a puck slut.

I quickly put on a fake excited face.

Yeah I saw that he totally pointed at you! Not. I said.

What did you just say? The slut asked me.

He didn't point at you.

Then who did he point at? You? I think not, why would he point at you? You aren't as pretty as me.

Maybe not in your eyes but I happen to know that Jonathan doesn't like girls who wear 5 pounds of makeup or 6 inch heels to a hockey game.

How do you know? A lot of guys find people like me attractive.

Well I know for a fact that he doesn't like people like you.

How do you know that?

I happen to know him.

Yeah right.

Its true I even have a picture of them together, Avery said backing me up.

Really, let me see it.

Avery pulled up one of the pictures of Jonathan and I and showed it to her.

So you know him, why would he point at you? He has a girlfriend you know.

Yeah I know that so why would he be pointing at you, maybe he was just doing his point celebration and pointed in this direction, but I know that's not true either.

Oh, do you think you know everything?

Well I know I'm right about this one thing.

Well see, I'll ask him when I go to the locker room after the game with my pass, she said.

Yeah we'll see, I said turning around just as the puck was dropped again.

We won 2-1 and I was waiting outside of the locker room when the slut found me again.

What are you doing here? She sneered.

Waiting for the guys.

Some of the guys started filing out and all of them said hello to me and Avery on the way out.

Do you know the whole team? The slut asked.

Yes we do, Avery and I said at the same time.

All of the guys had come out except for Jon and Pat and Avery, the slut, and I were all out there waiting. Finally they came out and made their way over to us.

Oh my god Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane my two favorite players, you played so good tonight, can I get a picture?

I guess you can get a picture with us, Pat said hesitantly.

Great, would you? She asked while handing me her phone.

When she got in the picture she turned to her side and stuck her breasts and butt out to where they were touching Jon and Pat. The guys smile uneasily and I quickly took the picture to save them.

After I took the picture she immediately started posting it on Instagram.

While she did that Pat went over to Avery and Jon came over to me.

Hey babe, he said while walking toward me. I was about to speak but the slut beat me to it.

Babe? Jonathan you have a girlfriend, why are you calling her babe?

Because she's my girlfriend, Jon said.

Her? So you were pointing at her when you scores that goal?

Yeah.

So you were right, she said to me. She then turned back to Jon and said:

I can't believe your dating this ugly bitch, I though you were better than that Jonathan, she hissed.

She's not ugly or a bitch, your the ugly bitch who's also a puck slut.

Puck slut?

Yeah, you should know what one is because you are one.

I'm so not a puck slut! She exclaimed.

Oh really, wearing 5 pounds of makeup, 6 inch heels, and a mini skirt to a hockey game, do you even know what offsides means?

Nope, I only watch hockey because of the hot guys.

Perfect definition of a puck slut, and to what you said before, I couldn't do better, Sophie's the nicest, smartest, and most beautiful girl I know, Jon said.

Whatever, the slut said before she whipped around and walked away.

Well that was weird, what happened? Jon asked me.

Well, you scored that goal and pointed at me and she thought you were pointing at her because we were both ugly so Avery and I pulled out our nasty side.

You did a good job staying calm, and don't believe a words he said you are the most beautiful girl I know.

I wouldn't of believed her anyway, I know hate is just some jealous people trying to make you feel bad by saying stuff they don't really mean, I said while we were walking towards the door.

Avery and I said goodbye to the boys since they had to go back to Chicago in the morning and drove back to our hotel.

As soon as we got home and had changed clothes we were out like a light.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.4K 307 16
Arianna Westbrook is a New York socialite who decided she wanted... needed a change and to start over somewhere else. With a twist of fate she ended...
148K 2.4K 70
Sometimes things don't work out the way they were supposed to be. Just ask Alexis Martin, a 24 year old girl who has been left to fight for her life...
47K 731 21
Jessie is your typical college kid in Chicago, Illinois. She's working as many shifts possible just to make it by. When she's working one of her many...
6.5K 44 21
Brielle is a 25 year old girl from Chicago. She is not an ordinary girl. Brielle is Jonathan Toew's girlfriend. Jonathan Toews is the Chicago Blackha...