Change is gonna come - A 1D...

By autumnbreeze1234

Storm and Niall have been friends forever. Ever since that first day of high school when they first Met. But... More

Change is gonna come - A 1D fan fic

92 1 2
By autumnbreeze1234

Chapter 1 - Love Story

*Authors note*

This isn't exactly my first story but I really wanted to write something like this. You may say I'm copying but I actually got this idea off a friend of mine so I'm honestly not. Anyway, if you like it please comment with what you think and even if you don't like it, please comment saying why. Thank you :)

~ Evie

~ we were both young when I first saw you, I closed my eyes and the flashback starts ~

Love Story - Taylor Swift

Everyone wants to be in the position I'm in now. Not being me, but being where I am. Nobody wants to actually be me. Nobody even wants to talk to me. Except that one friend. The one friend thats always been there. Sure I have friends now, but before, he was the only one. And I'll never forget that. I'll never forget what Niall did for me.

1st September 2005

I slowly walked through the towering school gates. My first day of high school.

I'd just moved to a new town so as all the other kids walked through the gates chatting with their friends, I was left to walk alone.

My blue tie was tight around my neck as my black blazer sleeves were rolled up to around my elbows. I pinned a few badges to my blazer collar that morning to add to my individual look. Batman, a lipstick kiss and a purple spotty badge completed my style.

My blonde hair was up in a high ponytail that reached the middle of my shoulder blades.

I walked towards the main sports hall for the year 7 assembly. Here I would find out who's in my form and what lessons I'd have during the week. I sat down on the floor near the back an crosse my legs.

Every other kid was sitting with a friend talking about what they did on their holidays or who their later celebrity crush was.

Me? I was picking the nail varnish off my hand...

"Good morning everyone" a tall man spoke, standing at the front. He raised his hands and everybody grew silent.

"I'd like to welcome you to King Edward School" he smiled. I dropped my head down to my lap and sighed.

"Now I'm sure you're eager to get to your form classes so I will tell you who to go with" he started, walking over towards a list another teacher was holding.

"In Miss Hoods form can I please have Niall Horan and Storm Jones"

My head snapped up to my name as the same did for another boy. He was also sitting by himself. We both stood up and walked over to the red headed teacher who was holding her arm up.

"Hello. Im Miss Hood, im your form tutor" she smiled, starting to walk out of the hall. Me and Niall exchanges glances and followed her out the large room.

While we were walking I examined Niall.

( not like that )

His light blonde hair was slightly quaffed up as his blue eyes sparkled in the sunlight. His pale white skin was flawless. He noticed me looking at him and smiled at me weakly. I smiled back and quickly napped my head away. I could feel the blush creeping up my cheeks as I hung my head down so he couldn't see.

We walked into a small classroom with about 12 kids in who all stared at us.

"Everybody, this is Storm and Niall. Would you like to tell everyone a bit about yourself?" Miss questioned, motioning over towards me and Niall. We nodded our heads shyly and stood at the front.

"Hi, my names Niall. I just moved here from Ireland a month ago and I'm not quite used to it yet. I play guitar, sing a little bit and I love playing football" he spoke, his voice quiet and shy. Once her finished he quickly took an empty seat at the back and sat down.

"Storm, your go now" Miss Hood spoke, pointing towards the front. I stood there and started speaking.

"Well my names Storm. I play Piano, guitar and I sing a tiny weeny bit. I moved here from Leicester about 3 weeks ago so I don't know this town at all" I informed, laughing slightly at he end. I dropped my head and walked to the only available seat next to Niall.

"So im not the only new one here" he whispered in my ear. I nodded my head and smiled.

I could tell from there on we were gonna be great friends.

5th October 2006

"Oy! Leave here alone!" Niall yelled through the corridor. Everyone quickly ran off as Niall ran up to me.

He held his hand out and helped me up.

"I hate it here" I sobbed, my voice cracking under my tears. Niall pulled me into a hug as I cried into his shoulder.

"Im not leaving you again" he spoke sternly. I giggled as I pulled back from the hug.

"You had the dentist Niall, you didn't have a choice" I laughed quietly, wiping the tears away from under my eyes.

For some reasons no one at this school really liked me. Niall was my only friend. I hadn't done anything particularly wrong. Just because I try hard in classes and get good grades means I immediately get bullied.

"Come on, we got music next" Niall spoke, dragging me towards the music room. We got there early so entered the room and sat down in front of the piano.

"Can I play a song, but only if you sing?" I smiled. Niall grinned at me and nodded.

I started to press the keys down to the song 'Rocket Man' by Elton John.

Niall opened his perfect mouth and started to sing.

"She packed my bags last night, pre-flight

Zero hour, nine a.m.

And I'm gonna be high as a kite by then

I miss the Earth so much, I miss my wife

It's lonely out in space

On such a timeless flight"

The way he sang always made me smile so much. The way his eyes squeezed shut and his fingers would tap on the wood in front of him or his side.

"And I think it's gonna be a long, long time

'til touch down brings me round again to find

I'm not the man they think I am at home

Oh no, no, no,

I'm a rocket man

Rocket man,

burning out his fuse up here alone

And I think it's gonna be a long, long time

'til touch down brings me round again to find

I'm not the man they think I am at home

Oh no, no, no,

I'm a rocket man

Rocket man,

burning out his fuse up here alone

Mars ain't the kind of place to raise your kids

In fact it's cold as hell

And there's no one there to raise them if you did

And all this science, I don't understand

It's just my job five days a week

A rocket man, a rocket man

And I think it's gonna be a long, long time

'til touch down brings me round again to find

I'm not the man they think I am at home

Oh no, no, no,

I'm a rocket man

Rocket man,

burning out his fuse up here alone

And I think it's gonna be a long, long time

'til touch down brings me round again to find

I'm not the man they think I am at home

Oh no, no, no,

I'm a rocket man

Rocket man,

burning out his fuse up here alone

And I think it's gonna be a long, long time

And I think it's gonna be a long, long time"

I played the last note and we both turned into uncontrollable smiles.

"You have a beautiful voice Niall" I grinned. He smiled back at me and Miss walked through the door.

"Oh, has the bell gone already?" She spoke worriedly. Teachers aren't meant to be late at all.

"No, we just came in early to play the piano" I informed, placing my hands up in a 'go ahead and shoot me' sort of way.

Her mouth turned into an 'O' shape as she sat at her desk.

"Storm, can I talk to you outside for a minute?" Miss asked. I exchanged a confused look with Niall before walking out the door.

"Storm, I saw what happened to you earlier" she spoke, sighing at the end.

Oh no.

"What are you talking about?" I quizzed, slanting my head to the side.

"I saw those girls yelling at you earlier" she continued.

Oh no. she knew. No one apart from Niall knew about the bullying.

"We were just talking" I spoke, trying to cover up my terrible lying skills.

I turned around and walked back into the music room as a tear slipped down my cheek.

*Authors note*

THANK YOU FOR READING THIS. Please please please comment what you think because I dunno whether to continue or not. Thank you :)

~ Evie

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

841K 19.1K 47
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
182K 6.5K 93
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
132K 5.5K 99
a sister who's actions are untamed, and a brother who's feelings are untamed. With complete different personalities, yet an awesome bond, the sibling...
439K 30K 45
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...