Avoiding Alpha

By Sami91

She is new in town with an abusive father, so when she meets the Alpha werewolf she decides one dominant male... More

Avoiding Alpha
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chater Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chater Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two

Chapter Five

132K 2.6K 89
By Sami91

“Turner!” He barked the order and the wolf that had circled her legs stood on its hind legs and within a few seconds was a naked human man, standing to attention as his Alpha raged.

“Ray.”

“She has left, she rejected me.”

“She has not said the words.”

“She would have if she knew them.”

“Then use that to your advantages, woo the woman. Being angry all the time will not work with one who is already afraid. You saw her fear, now you need to understand why it was there on her face. Be patient, learn more about her.”
“I want to follow her, I want to see where she is going and why the boy ran to her.”

                At the mention of the boy snarls went up around the clearing they were in. They had been a little offended that she thought them monstrous enough to hurt a child but that had been before they realised something was wrong with her and the boy. Now they had protective instincts going. Her bruises had not gone unnoticed by a single one of them. Her pain had been felt by them, and a respect for the woman who swallowed her fear and walked on ignoring the pain it caused her, to come and stand her ground in front of an Alpha, grew.

                One by one the wolves stood on their back legs and let the change take over them so they returned to their human forms. Being naked on changing back they had thought it better to wait until she had gone but now she wasn’t there they wasted no time.

“Alpha, are you going to follow her?”

“Where does she live?”

“Why did you let her go?”

                And so the questions rang around in his head as they all seemed to have their own opinion on what to do and what he should have done.

“Quiet!” He eventually called order. “We will follow her. Turner, pick your men, stay and guard the forest.”

“Yes Alpha. Joshua, Daniels, Rupert stay.”

                There was very rarely a threat to the forest but Ray had learnt a long time ago to not become complacent. He never left the forest without a guard. He had children in here to protect, women, mates. All were his responsibility and he was known for doing a good job, he wouldn’t let anything slip just because he had a woman.

                Choosing five of his best he called them to his side. Only some of his pack were here, the rest were working, or with families, this was his main guard, the warriors who attended meetings. And from it five would go with him directly, the others would spread out and surround the area to protect their Alpha and consequently, now, his mate; the female Alpha. Whether she allowed the claim or not she had gained their protection, as a werewolf she was entitled to it, as the Alpha’s mate – she was guaranteed it, no matter what protests came from her mouth.

                He followed her scent, it was fresh like grass first thing in the morning with dew drops still clings to its blades. It was refreshing and tantalising and certainly helped him follow her. It didn’t take long to realise she was going back home and he didn’t like the area which she lived in. It was run down and rough. Immediately he was worrying about her safety. The little boy had been scared when he had ran in, but in the presence of a guard of wolves and an Alpha he had never met, he actually calmed down. Ray shook his head he had been so fascinated with his female he had not taken heed of the startling reactions of the child. What child would not be afraid in such a situation? Not even intimidated? And the reaction was completely at odds to his sister, she was afraid, why was he not?

                The question revolved in his mind as he made his little way down to the houses, vowing he would not let her stay her a moment longer. He would drag her to his house if he had to. The child as well.

“Tendra, you can put me down now.”

“Tim when I open the door I want you to run okay?”

“Tendra, hide with me.”

“I can not hide.”

“Please hide. I don’t want you to get hurt. Please.”

“There is no where I can hide. Promise you will go and hide from him, as soon as I open the door.”

                She was going to get hurt again, he knew it. His little face crumpled and tears slid down from his wide round eyes. He didn’t want her to hurt again.

“Promise me Timothy!”

“I promise Tendra.” In a small voice he vowed it, and cursed the words that came from his mouth. The wolves he had just seen were what he wanted to be like. He wanted to be, he wanted to be powerful like a wolf and the man who had been so close to Tendra; he wanted to look like him. In command. Because in the end Tim wanted to be able to take the beatings for Tendra, he wanted to hurt so she didn’t have to. Better still he wanted both of them away from their father. So he ever had to see the face of the man who caused such pain, ever again.

                The door was unlocked when she came to it. With a last look at Tim to make sure he understood what to do she pushed it open and was confronted with an entire mess of a living room. The sofa was overturned and ripped. Claw marks was everywhere – on the walls - scoring the wallpaper, along the carpet, the sofa, the cushions, fluff and stuffing was littered on the floor and the coffee table was smashed and broken beyond repair.

                The smell of alcohol hurt her nose and she swallowed knowing this was the prelude to the rage he would take out on her. Tim slithered from her grasp and went running upstairs. Definitely going to be a werewolf, he was too fast to be as silent as he was. She didn’t hear a single footfall. She knew he was going to hide under his bed. The small space made him feel comfortable plus their father was usually too drunk to crouch down and check under the bed, if he got that close to the floor it was to pass out.

“TENDRA!”

                Her muscles tensed, she closed her eyes as he came wandering in from the kitchen, his face red as cherries from exertion and rage.

“There is a new pack father,” she rushed to explain. “I was telling them I will not submit I have my own Alpha.” She hadn’t actually said that but her father wouldn’t know.

“I smell a half truth Tendra,” his voice was dangerously low. Trying to be all nice and sweet when really he was anything but.

“I swear I told them I wouldn’t become part of the pack.”
“Where is Tim? Where is my son?!”

“At a friend’s house.”

“Liar!” He shouted and struck her at the same time, sending her flying to the floor. She landed hard, her hand crunching glass shards and blood seeping from her tiny wounds. They stung .

                His foot came next and she was prepared for it. It hurt just as much whether prepared or not but tried to draw her knees up to protect her belly.

“Where is he? I saw him by the forest! Have you left him with your new pack?!”

“We joined no pack. Father please!” He kicked at her again and she huddled further into herself. She heard his belt unbuckling and she was pushed roughly onto her front. The first lash across her back hurt, the second hurt even worse but she could take this. This was alright; the belt didn’t do anything but put red marks on her skin. His punching and kicking were worse, they caused more damage and she had expected a lot of damage done by him. She almost felt grateful it was the belt and nothing more.

                He beat her across her back for what felt lie hours, in reality she had no idea how long it had been and she didn’t particularly care. She could cover her cries when it was the belt and she took comfort in knowing Tim couldn’t hear anything.

Lying under his bed little Tim sobbed his heart out. Each whistle told him the belt was flying in the air, and each snap against her skin had a muffled cry escape her lips. He hated his hearing, he couldn’t bear hearing her cries. His shoulders shook as he sobbed and wished he was there and not Tendra. She always took care of him, always, why could it not be the other way around.

                In his arms, held tightly was a teddy bear. He knew he was too old for such things but when he was hiding under his bed, his teddy was the only comfort he had. The soft fake fur rubbed on his arm, tickled his nose and he felt comforted, feeling the fur. It reminded of wolves. Wolves he had seen this very morning in fact. It reminded him some creatures out there were loyal and beautiful and powerful and one day he would be a man like that as well.

                Silence from downstairs made his ears prick up. It was too soon. Their father usually went on longer than this. Suddenly his door banged opened, his little heart banged in his chest once before stopping. His father, come to beat him as well? Footsteps walked away from his door further into his room, the feet he saw were bare, and coming closer and closer to his bed. His held his breath, determined not scream but when arms suddenly gripped his upper arms and pulled him from underneath he couldn’t help it.

“TENDRA!” He screamed in terror.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

208K 8.6K 40
"I want you." With a touch as light as a feather, Cillian hooked a thick finger under her chin to get a better look at her face. "Look at me." Slowly...
3.6K 108 5
Samantha had her whole life mapped out, what with her living under the controlling rule of her father. But then she discovered a world she never knew...
135K 3.7K 21
Why him? The meanest, cruelest, most unforgiving beast you'll ever meet. So why him? Why must I be so in love with a man who murdered just to get hi...
140K 7.4K 24
"I told you to stay away from her. You should have listened to your parents, Cristian. Now you are going to find out what happens to dogs who touch b...