Taming His Royal Highness

By CamillaEldridge

The Royal Series Book Three- The Royal Baby More

Taming His Royal Highness
THE ROYAL BABY PROLOGUE
The Royal Baby Chapter One
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
CHAPTER 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Epilogue

Chapter 21

5.7K 199 13
By CamillaEldridge

Chapter 21

I survived for two weeks without seeing Connor around.

Belle was kicked out of school, not because of me, but because of the video. I pitied her when none of her parents came to fight for her. While my dad was willing to lose tons of money, just to save me.

After the incident, I never tried to talk to Connor. I did not want our relationship to ruin my parent's relationship.

Mom was serious about getting a divorce and dad was upset about it.

He let me study, he allowed me to be with Connor. Simply because he's afraid of losing mom.

Connor was knocking on my room everyday for the first 3 days, then I decided to stay home so he could not bother me.

I transferred all of our subjects together in another class. Most of my break times I eat in the car, or somewhere far from Harvard and I hurry out of the campus once my classes are done.

But then today had been different story.

I started walking away when I saw him inside the library. Thankful I was done with my research, "Valerie! Valerie." I was almost running away from him but he was fast.

"Valerie, sweetie, please." He held my arm and turn me to look at him. I looked at him, his hair was disheveled, the circles under his eyes are dark like he wasn't sleeping at night, he even lose weight.

"Why are you avoiding me? Why are you moving away?"

He was making things hard.

I decided to get back to Europe after the semester. I need to stay away from him. This is better than goodbyes.

"Valerie please."

"Connor, someone might see us." I hissed.

"Hell I care if they do!" He angrily hissed back.

I sighed. We just needed to do this for our goodbyes.

I told him we talk inside my dormitory room, to be safe of all intrigues, I did not want to disappoint daddy again.

The last time we talked I told dad that everything's over, that he shall not worry about it.

And even though it was heavy on my heart, I told him I was leaving Harvard after this semester.

The moment we entered my room, Connor did not let a second pass. He held my face, descended his face on mine as we share a one long, loving kiss.

My knees weaken, and I put a hand over his neck, not thinking if this is even right.

He did not let go, he was kissing me like his life depended on it.

Our tongues battled, our eyes close, our hearts singing in rhythm.

We stopped when we were both breathless, gathering my strength I moved away from him. "Valerie." He murmured.

"Please Connor. This isn't right."

"And when did it became wrong? We are together."

I looked up at him, words do not want to come out of my mouth, "No." He said in disbelief.

"We are not breaking up!"

I sat on the edge of the bed, moving far away from him.

Stop making this hard Connor.

"We have to Connor. There are a lot of girls you can date. They all know you now. Seize this moment of your life."

"What are you saying Valerie? I only want you!"

I bowed my head, in little voice I said, "You cannot stand going through long distance relationship."

He froze. "What? Are you leaving?" He held my shoulder forcing me to look at him.

"This is the right thing to do."

"This isn't! I will talk to uncle Vince."

"Connor please!"

He kneeled in front of me. He held my hand, looking at me like his life depended on it.

"We will get through this. We will talk to them, explain things, they did not know what happened. Don't do this to me Valerie. Do not break up with me" he vulnerably said. "We're just starting, we will go through a lot."

I looked away from him, "My parents are arguing, they are falling apart and it is because of me Connor, it's because of us."

Mom was serious about the annulment, she said she had enough of dad's control over our lives, she cannot bear his manipulativeness anymore.

"Do you love me Valerie?" He asked.

"I do not know what's the importance..."

"Do you love me?"

"I-I do..."

He smiled at me, kissed my hands then my lips.

----

I was patiently waiting for Uncle Vince inside his office. I know I was wrong for not telling him my intentions with Valerie.

Not a moment later, he walked in, confidently, intimidating me.

But then, I will do everything for my pretty girl, for my Valerie.

"Uncle Vince." I stood up, looking straight at him, trying not to look afraid of him.

I wasn't able to utter another word because he already punched my face. "That's for hurting my little girl." He hissed under his gritted teeth.

I wiped the blood on the side of my lips. He settled down and instructed me to sit too.

"What do you need?"

"Your approval."

"Approval huh?" He smirked devilishly. "And what makes you thing I like you for my little girl?"

This isn't the Uncle Vince I know. I am aware somehow that he knows this day will come, that I always had feelings for his little girl. "As you can see I have nothing to brag on you."

"Certainly." He said, making me want to roll my eyes.

"But, I've been acing my classes, doing it all to be the class valedictorian so I can get a great job, build an empire, making sure that ten years from now, I will be a worthy man to ask for your daughters hand in marriage."

He laughed. Like I said the most hilarious thing in the world. "Ten years?" He repeated.

"Ten years from now you will have a different dream."

"I should know. When I was your age I was constantly dreaming of marrying your mom, but fate twisted things. It was a bad twist though, who would have thought that Katherine will have a stubborn son who wanted to get in my daughter's pants?"

"I will certainly do that but rest assured I will at the right time." I locked my gaze on him, I saw how his jaw locked, and how fuming mad he is.

"But if you will let me continue Uncle Vince," I said, emphasizing on his name. "Nothing will make me love Valerie Maegan any less. She is, and will be, the woman whom I will marry, and may I correct myself, I am planning to marry her after ten years, and that would be the latest, because I have been dreaming of marrying her since I was five."

Uncle Vince slapped his hands over the table, he leaned on me and emphasized every word. "No. Man. Is. Good. Enough. For. My. Daughter." He started walking away from me, but before he left he said, "Valerie loves you and that's the only reason why I will let you with this relationship but make sure Katherine will hide your sorry ass when you hurt my little girl again. I'm always watching you Connor. Always remember that."

Damn. Did he just gave approve of us?

--

I was pacing back and forth while mom was sitting, playing with Vin. She already told me everything will be fine, but knowing dad, he can be ruthless sometimes.

When the door open my heart stopped beating. It was dad.

He looked at me, he kissed my head, "Go see him." He mutter. "Bring the medicine kit."

He walked to mom and kissed her lips then he kissed Vin. "What are you doing little guy huh?"

Mom nodded and smiled at me, and I run out of the living room to see Connor.

I found him walking out of dad's office, with blood stain on the corner of his collar. "Connor!" I hugged him tight, making him freeze.

In a while his stiffened body relaxed, he caressed my hair and murmured, "Shh." He murmured. "Don't worry. I've got you."

-----
Next days were the happiest days of my life.

Dad was "okay" with Connor, that's the best we could get from him. We went back to Harvard, and the next months had been an easy one for us.

We spend most of our lunch together, he never wanted to do those group projects which include girls but I ask him to, although sometimes I can't help but get jealous, I mean, they are pretty girls and they have brains too.

But Connor wouldn't let me, just like now.

I was heading towards the library, where I usually hide myself whenever I feel jealous. I study math until my head aches so I can stop thinking of this jealousy.

Connor's on rugby, and I watched on of his practice games today, only to see one of the cheerleaders with those skimpy outfit giving him out water.

I runaway immediately after that, I never wanted to ruin his game just because of this jealousy.

Paris would always tell me never let any girl come near him like that. A lot of girls tried, knowing his status in life, they always try to flirt with him behind my back.

I usually keep quiet and act like nothing happened. I just never wanted to argue with him, shout at him, and command him of what he shall do and what he shall not do. So most of the times I just silent myself up and when he asks if something's wrong I will fake a smile and answer nothing.

But Connor just knows me very well, just like now.

He's still wearing his rugby uniform as he approach me even before I open the library door. "Valerie, baby!" He shouted.

I sighed before turning at him with a smile pasted on my face. "Hi baby!" I mutter with a smile.

He stopped in front of me, held my face and said, "You're doing it again." He closed his eyes, still catching his breath.

I held his wrists and looked away, "I'm sorry, I just did not want to disturb you...."

"How many times do I have to tell you to stay when you see something like that Valerie Maegan?"

"Because you have to see how I stop those girls from flirting with me, and I need you to be there so they can see the woman I love, so they can see my girlfriend and why I will never like them."

I shivered at his words, Connor never failed to make me feel like no woman can get him away from me.

He kissed my lips, a quick kiss before pulling my hand, "I have to study Connor!" He winked, knowing it was an excuse. "We will, after." And never did Connor let our grades down, in fact, he was doing everything to impress dad.

Mom said dad loves to show how snobbish he is with Connor, where in fact he is actually impressed by him.

And that practice game, I sat on the bleachers, well actually I stood up,

And cheered for my man :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.7M 89.9K 47
Chosen by @TheRoyalsOnE TV Show and featured by @Wattpad to celebrate the birth of Prince George and Princess Charlotte. Read by Millions of Wattpad...
360K 6.4K 20
*Fourth Book in the Royals Series* It's been nearly 2 years since Jackie Baker served as maid of honor in her best friend, Kate Middleton's, wedding...
267K 16.4K 26
~~ Book 3 of The Marrying You Series. This can be read as a stand alone but I recommened you read the other two books too. ~~ Vanessa Brady is thirty...