{True Killer} (Souda Kazuichi...

Por OsmPotato

First story so umm enjoy! Takes place in the Danganronpa 2 setting with some minor (major) changes :^) <Si... Más

Intro
Rework
yay

Chapter 1-Destination Despair

2.3K 74 59
Por OsmPotato

AUTHORS NOTE: It has come to my attention that the official game spells Souda like Soda.  However I like the Souda spelling better anyway but I can change it.  Let e know in the comments ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A classroom.  An empty classroom.  No one here, just me.  I feel smaller, younger, I look down.  I'm dressed in black jeans and a black tank top.  I guess I'm the Ultimate Ninja.  I reach into my pocket and poke my thumb. It's three sharp shurikens.  They fell heavy.  It doesn't hurt to be prepared.  There's a journal sitting on a desk next to me.  It must be for me.  I slip it away.  

Then I realize something.  If Souda were to see me and recognize me then there could be problems.  I grab a mirror that I knew would be in the desk and concentrate on my face. I watch in amazement as my hair shortens and becomes silver. My irises melt until they no longer look like they used to. Instead, I stare at myself with crystal Ice eyes.  I know I don't look like me anymore.  I sit calmly in the corner waiting for everyone.

The "new" high school students file in.  They are confused by their situation and I pretend to be confused too.  I don't talk to them.  I feel bad, but then I remember who they are.  They sit at desks or pace the room, searching for answers.  No one approaches me, which is good. 

Finally he walks in.  

His hair is neon pink again, his yellow jumpsuit isn't covered with blood.  His pink eyes land on me.  Sh*t.  Recognition clicks in him and a shark grin begins to appear, but it goes away as I try to look confused at his actions.  It was just a flash.  Good.  He looks away quickly thinking its just a mistake.  I busy my hands with the shurikens, feeling the sharp pointed edges of the cold metal.  It helps me feel grounded.

The last student walks in and everyone begins to chatter.  I space out, thinking of how unreal this whole thing feels.  I barely notice when everyone looks at me.  They keep glaring. I shake my head and look at everyone.

"So were you the first one here?" questions a girl with blonde hair and two pigtails.  She is wearing an orange traditional dance dress and a sneer that makes me know that she will be annoying.  And a bi*ch.  

"Cause if you don't know, then you're just as stupid as that pink haired guy," she says in a disgusted voice.  

"H-Hey!" He tries to defend himself.  I want to punch her stupid mouth.  

"Yes, I was the first person here," I state calmly, "What of it?"  

"Did anything look suspicious?" asks a girl with short red hair.  She has a camera around her neck making me think that her talent is photography.  

"No," I say turning towards the students," just a normal classroom," I look back towards the wall, as if it was super cool.  End of discussion.  Suddenly, a pink bunny appears out of nowhere and introduces herself as Usami Magical Miracle Girl, or Usami.  This must be what Naegi was talking about.  She looks like a stuffed animal and is wearing a pink dress.  She has a wand that she starts waving around.  She starts telling us about hope and teamwork and, I stop listening.  I look back at the wall ignoring everyone else.  I barely notice when the walls fall and an island is revealed, my island.  

My home. Everything looks the exact same. I'm hit with such nostalgia that I stop listening to the bunny and her spiel.

Until I feel a hand on my shoulder.  Its Souda.  Does he already know?  Panic spreads through my mind.  Stay calm.

"Hey don't you want to explore the island?" he asks.  I breathe a sigh of relief.  I look around.  Everyone else has disappeared.  

"Oh um, yeah," even though I know what this island looks like.  I stand up brushing his hand off my shoulder.  

"Mind if I tag along?" he blushes slightly and looks away.  

"Sure," I shrug.  Even though we're right next to each other, we're miles apart.  I'm walking towards where the main buildings are supposed to be when I suddenly stop.  There is no main building, just a supermarket and a hotel.  

"So...where are we going?' his stride matches mine.  I smile to myself.  "To meet the other students of course," I take the lead again.

(LATER THAT DAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY :D)

     When we finally finish, we're back at the Supermarket.  Souda is leaning against a shelf full of soda.  

"I think I'll stay here for a bit," because even in a virtual reality, he's out of shape.  Just like the real one.  

"Suit yourself," I say smiling at the fact that he's leaning against a shelf of Soda.  

"Guess I'll see you later-uh, whats your name?" oh yeah I forgot to introduce myself to him.  

"I'm," I need a name uh-ah,"Hana Shen," I find myself saying, "Ultimate Ninja at your service," I give a small curtsy and a sneaky smile.  He now looks a little afraid of me.  

"Ultimate Ninja-eh?  Nice to meet you I'm-" I cut him off, "Souda Kazuichi, Ultimate-," whats his ultimate?  I pause thinking.  Well he loves working with his cars and I know he's good at taking apart things so, "-mechanic,"I guess.  His eyes widen in surprise letting me know I guessed right. 

"H-how did you know?" I know a lot about you.

"Oh, I'm an esper," I say winking.  I turn on my heel and walk away leaving him open mouthed.

After introductions, I want to sleep and enjoy the sun, but I guess life has a way of ruining everything. Usami summons us to the beach. I chew my lip debating whether I should go or not when I hear someone attempting to sneak up behind me. I turn, ready to pierce them with a shrunken, only to see Ms.Nevermind sauntering up to me. Seeing her happy smile and flowing hair makes me sad. I wish she was always like this and not the despaired filled version I had seen on tv.
"Hello Ms.Nevermind," I smile
"Greetings Hana," she returns the smile, "I was just heading to the beach as Usami asked, would you like to accompany me?"
"Of course," and there go my dreams of sleep >^<
The beach is pleasant, and fairly similar to the real world one, with the fine sand and crystal waters. There are locker rooms nearby, which is new. Many people are not here but luckily Mahiru (thats me ;)) can see my confused face and whispers to me that Usami has invited us to swim. Figuring I might as well stay in shape I follow her to the locker rooms. Luckily Hiyoko isn't there, or we'd be fighting over the tiny swimsuit. I change quick and get out before the guys, dipping my toes in the cool water. I relax a bit, maybe this isn't so bad. I'm waist deep in the water where I hear a voice behind me.
"Hey Hana! Nice swimsuit," its Souda. I didn't realize that he had arrived, nor did I realize that I blushed so easily.
"So? Its just like everyone else," I try not to sound harsh, I fail miserably. "Oh, I mean you look good in it," now it's his turn to blush. I hate being mean to him. Akward silence. I try to lighten the mood
"You look great too," I remark.
Before he can respond I tap the nearest persons arm and shout, "Race you to that rock!" Before diving in. Luckily, my challenger dives in after me, accepting my challenge. The water is warm as I glide toward the rock. They tap it a second before me and I laugh realizing I challenged Peko, who is talented in everything.
"Nice job," I smile scampering up the rock and lying down.
"You too," did I just see a tiny smile?
I close my eyes, taking in the artificial sun. My thoughts are interrupted by Peko's concerned voice.
"Uh Hana, hate to interrupt your nap but what the hell is happening to the sky," she points up. Clouds from no where sweep over the sun as the atmosphere quickly becomes dark and gloomy. Something is wrong. She dives into the water and I follow her swimming as fast as I can. I hear my heartbeat in my ears. I pray that everything is okay, but somehow I know its not. I surface, dripping water and being just as confused as the other students around. The tv flickers once, twice, and turns on, but Usami is no longer on screen. When I see the bear outline on the monitor, I want to jump back into the water and never come out again.

I hear Monokuma's voice and I want to scream. He tells us to meet at the center of the island. F*ck you, I want to shout.

"So I guess we should go to the center of the island?" Mikan mumbles, bringing me back to reality. As everyone nods in agreement I can only feel numb. I stand, frozen from shock as everyone starts to walk toward the land. I thought this was for fun. I thought this was my vacation. I thought wrong. Looking out into the ocean, I consider drowning myself when I hear someone call my name. It's Sonia and she looks concerned.

"Are you all right?" She walks toward me.

"F-fine just confused thats all," I stammer and begin to follow her. At the center of the island, everyone stands confused when a certain bear jumps out. And not just any bear, but my worst fear. Monokuma. I try to ignore him and wait for the moment his back is turned so I can slice off his dumb head with my shrunken. Unfortunately, I never get the chance.

"Blah blah blah killing game blah blah-"

What.

The despair has begun.

Before I can think my feet are in motion taking me away from this place. Anywhere but here.
I hear someone yell my name but I'm gone running to where the hotel rooms are. I rush into my room and slam the door and lie face-down on the bed. Through sheer will power, I don't cry.

Tick.

Tock.

Tick.

Tock.

The clock ticks in my ear. I haven't moved. I know all to well what has happened outside. I try to reason with myself, maybe its not real. But I know it is, and there's no escaping it.

Knock. Knock.

I hold my breath. Is Monokuma coming for me? Does he know?

"(Y/N)," the voice is crisp, sharp. It's Peko. I slowly open the door. She doesn't say anything, just hands me a weird electronic device. It's light and when I turn it on, it shows my face and identity.

"How did he know about-" it says everything about me. My weight, height, blood color, I freeze. I've just shown Peko that I know about Monokuma. I pray she doesn't push forward. Instead, she tells me about our new 'situation,' how we're in a killing game now, and trials will now take place. I blink.

"I-I need time to process this," she nods her head understandingly and I close the door slumping against the wall, burying my face in my hands. I can't believe this. With shaking hands, I pull out the device and scroll through multiple screens. I read the rules:

Rule 1: Extreme violence is prohibited on this island. Please live peaceful and relaxing lives with your fellow students.

Rule 2: Be considerate of each other and work together to obtain Hope Fragments.

Rule 3: Littering is not allowed. Let us coexist with this island's bountiful nature in "mutual prosperity".

Rule 4: The lead teacher cannot directly interfere with the students. An exception to this rule is made if any student violates a rule.

Rule 5: Once a murder takes place, a class trial will begin shortly thereafter. Participation is mandatory for all surviving students.

Rule 6: If the blackened is exposed during the class trial, they alone will be executed.

Rule 7: If the blackened is not exposed, the remaining students will be executed.

Rule 8: As a reward, the surviving blackened will be forgiven of their crime and allowed to leave the island.

Rule 9: The Body Discovery Announcement will play as soon as three or more people discover a body for the first time.

Rule 10: Destroying any property on this island without permission is expressly prohibited. This includes the surveillance cameras and monitors.

Rule 11: You are free to investigate this island at your own discretion. Your actions in this regard are not limited.

LAST RULE: Additional school trip rules may be added at the headmaster's discretion.

I throw the device across the room hearing it hit the wall with a satisfying thud. Suddenly, the TV flickers to life.

"Now, now, wouldn't want to break that would you?" It's Monokuma. And suddenly, I feel scared.

"W-what? I'm sorry," I slowly pace across the room and pick it up.

"We missed you at the meeting today Hana! But that's okay, I told Peko to give you your stuff anyways," he pulls a file out of a drawer by him.

"Hmm let's see, Hana the Ultimate Ninja. Ooh! That's a useful skill don't ya think? Upu. Good for hiding away from killers," his face grows dark.

"Or killing them," I stare at him in horror and he chuckles.

"Anyways, I'll leave ya too it! Toodles!" And he's gone, leaving nothing but a black tv screen. It's dark out. I shakily climb into the bed which feels so real. But my mind knows the truths from the lies. I close my eyes, and sleep finds me eventually.

Sunlight creeps through the window. I stretch, reaching for my favorite book, only to find it not there.

Reality is like a big slap in the face.

I don't want to go out there.

The tv flickers to life again.

(Insert Monokuma morning announcements here because I'm too lazy to write them .-.)

I stretch again and head towards the closet. Pulling it open, I find all sorts of dark outfits that unsurprisingly fit me. I slide one on and head towards the breakfast hotel. Mikan, Ibuki, Byuakuya, Mahiru, Gundam, Sonia, and Nagito are already there. Although Nagito is huddled in the corner murmuring something about hope. He seems really shifty, and I move to the other side of the room towards Sonia. It's hard to hate her, even when I saw her despair form. She gives me a bright smile, its almost hard to think that she would ever cause harm to others.

"Good morning Ms. Nevermind," I give her a polite nod.

"Good morning Hana!" her voice is very light and reminds me of birds singing. Gosh darn princesses and their nice voices. We converse for awhile when someone taps me on the shoulder.

"Hey Hana, can I talk to you for a moment?" Souda pulls me away from Sonia and I panic again, until I see him catching glances over my shoulder at Sonia. I get the feeling this conversation isn't about me.

"Yeah, what's up?" I ask casually.

"Do you think Ms. Nevermind is into me?" I almost choke.

"Uhh," I blink a couple times, "Maybe?"

What about me? I hear the tiny voice in my head and quickly push it away. He gives me that stupid shark tooth grin.

Oh Souda. He doesn't know. I watch him confidently stride toward Miss Nevermind and turn away, trying not to let my jealousy show. I busy myself with examining the room instead, watching and observing as the other students arrive. Once everyone is here, we all grab some food and begin to converse about escaping. I don't contribute, mostly because I know there is no escape. Byuakuya claims himself as leader and I roll my eyes.

This is all pointless.

I get up and begin to head outside, but Byuakuya calls after me.

"Where do you think you're going Hana," he glares at me.

I shrug, "This way," and I leave.

I hear him call after me, "We're meeting at the park in an hour," I walk away.

Heading straight to be the beach, I stick my feet in the artificial sand and look out at the endless sky. It's all fake, but it feels so real. I let it sink in. The wind blows by my hair, and I can smell the salt in the air. It feels so calming. I want to stand here and gaze into the ocean for hours, but I know I should meet up with everyone else. Sighing, I head towards the park. Almost everyone is there already. They all murmur together. Everyone points at the statue and the whispered voices continue. I look at the statue and realize that it is no longer a statue.

Is that, a bomb?

My suspicions are confirmed by Byuakuya who is examining it closely. The group talks for a bit before everyone disperses for free time. I head back to my room, feeling antisocial. I write in the journal for a bit, mostly panicked thoughts and urgent questions about everything that is happening when the tv flashes on. I'm really starting to hate that screen.

"Can everyone please meet to Jabberwok Park?" It's Monokuma, "I have something important to tell you all!"

I begrudgingly get up, and leave my room- ready to punch something.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

410K 14.4K 89
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
1.6M 54.4K 68
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...
889K 41.2K 175
𝒊𝒏 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉 the boy who lived falls for the girl who had no one
89.6K 2.1K 37
When your PR team tells you that we have to date a girl on the UCONN women basketball team and you can't say no to it... At first you don't think too...