Sold To A Beast

By Jordan_Chapman

Please enjoy! *EDITING* Instagram is: queen.chappi Snapchat is: jordan.chapman2 Mature content She didn't wan... More

Sold To A Beast
Home
Before The Rainbow
Breakfast with Beast
Unicorns
Apologizes
My Favorite Food
Promise?
One More Bullet
Like Riding A Horse
Homosapien
Experiment
Battle Moves
Blood Moon
Wait
What I Want
Moon
Hormones
Training
Our Bond
Periods
Intruder
Heart Beats
Heart & Blood
Challenging A Luna
Mr. & Mrs Blood
Cain Wilson
Sins
Roses Are White
Luna's Ceremony
The Start
Awake & Alone
Don't Lose Hope
The Luna I Am
No More Crying
You Can't Break Me
Headstrong
Our Infinity
Grief
Freedom
Living Again
Again & Again & Again
Deal
Love Over Life
Father & Son
Suffocation
Salvation
Pardon Me
Overdue
Delicate Goodnight
Something New
Suprise
Flashback
Family Reunion
Gone Crazy
Healing
Too soon
Not Enough Time
What I Deserve
Our Future
Surprise! New Book!

Pack Mates

87.1K 2.6K 649
By Jordan_Chapman

................................................................

You can't choose who your family is, unfortunately.

.................................................................

We ate the rest of our lunch in a calm and friendly state. Andrew had worked himself down by eating his lunch and keeping focused on small things. After we had finished our lunch, I helped throw away our things before we readied to walk again, Andrew carrying the bags while refusing help. "What exactly are we looking for?"

"A pendant."
He gave me no other detail, his eyes focused on our surroundings again this time so we wouldn't have another accident.

"Will werewolves be there?"

Andrew's thumb began to brush mine as he consoled me. "Would that worry you?" His question was slow and a bit soft, almost as if he were unsure if it would be alright.

I thought back to Brooklyn and the woman from before who had spoken to me publicly calling me Luna. They had seemed nice to me so far.
"Should I be worried?"

"Of course not, I'm here now and I tend to have a more higher ranked class within the wolves than the people." He pulled me close to him with one arm, our casual stroll helped give my heart some time to calm. "Nothing will happen while we are here."

"Andrew? How come I wouldn't die but you would?" How could he say that to me without expecting me to question him? What did that mean for him? For us? Did that put our safety at risk?

"You weren't created from the Moon Goddess like I was." Andrew tossed his head back to look at me, the slight roll of his eyes only exaggerated his sigh. "It's not something you should fret over, love. It's inevitable."

We continued walking, Andrew slurping the rest of his drink down before shooting it into a trash bin near by with impeccable speed and aim. The only life I knew besides Andrew was the one that ended up with me sold. How on earth could I live if he passed? What would I do?

He laughed, lightly with the shake of his head clearly not understanding where my frustrations were coming from. "Emily I just told you -"

"I don't mean physically." I slightly walked faster than him. I'm not sure why this topic was so hard for me to grasp, maybe because of the fact that he was so okay with the idea. "Imagine if our roles were reversed."

He gripped my shoulders and turned me so I was facing him. We stopped close to the outside of the pathway, Andrew starting to roam my mind without thinking it.
"What's bothering you?"

I laughed softly, astonished that this was going over his head this easily.
"The thing is, I don't want you to ever leave me." I paused, halting in my words before fumbling to recover. "I can't stay there by myself, I won't do it."

"I won't leave you, Emily. Why would I leave you?" He gave a full-hearted laugh and bumped me with his elbow. He saw I wasn't feeling very humorous, he must've felt me fretting. "Could you imagine how much trouble you'd get into if I wasn't there?"

"You're Alpha, Andrew. Your life is full of danger, so you can't guarantee your safety. Please don't make promises you can't keep." I figured the time would eventually come, he had warned me before about how he couldn't always be by my side. The rogue's were taunting Andrew and if we didn't settle this soon, the pack could be in danger.

He cupped my cheek in his hand, drawing away any of my worries with his touch. "You'll run yourself ragged with those thoughts, too caught up in your own mind to accomplish anything." His fingers brushed my face as he got distracted. "I've lived for over five-hundred years my moon, and I'm just reaching my prime now that I've found you. What makes you think we couldn't rein another five-hundred years in peace?"

My face probably showed my thoughts, I had known Andrew was a smooth talker and could easily persuade me of something false. "What happens if you're wrong?"

"Then I will promise you this, Emily Heart. If something were to happen and I had to leave you, then I swear to you that I will always try - with all my power to return home to you. You can count on that." The possession was heavy within his words, his inhale of another breath was sharp and quick before he looked away and back towards the direction we were traveling towards. "I'll return home from battle with my head raised and my body torn to pieces. I'll walk through the door and you'll come crashing into me screaming, I was right, with your pregnant belly between us, and our beautiful kids will come running towards us with love and adoration." Andrew smiled at the thought, the tops of his cheeks slightly pink. "You'll probably freak out and try to nurse me back to health, take care of me and my wounds and I will hopelessly love you with my entire being."

A blush coated my cheeks at the mention of children. We may have gotten ahead of ourselves with the idea, though it can't help but feel like an impossible fairytale. My heart ached for a family, a place to call my own, somewhere I could settle down and finally call home. But as the days continued to feel like years, with the overwhelming feeling of failure at each task - I am in no rush to start one yet.

"You will have a big family, probably bigger than you were expecting once the pack gets to see you at the ceremony. And - if you feel like rushing," Andrew paused, giving me a smirk while he flirted. "Let me be the one to provide that family for you. I would be forever grateful."

"I didn't think I had a choice." I laughed, brushing away the heat from my face before he could notice it.

Andrew chuckled lowly, his hold on my hand growing more firm as he spoke. "You say that as if you haven't already fallen for my irresistible charm."

I shook my head and fought the smile crawling on my face, refusing to look at his smiling face knowing I would lose my concentration. "You say that as if you have one."

Andrew turned to me with a surprised look on his face, his eyes narrowing at the challenge. "You haven't taken away your hand from my hold yet, and your heart rate increases anytime I'm near, I speak, and when I look at you. It gets especially fast when I touch you or -"

"Enough!" I cried, pulling my hand from his to slap his arm. "I get it, I know!" I hadn't expected Andrew to share so much of what he notices about me. I had figured as much as I stayed around him, but I never thought he would tell me what he knew.

Andrew laughed as I walked a little ahead of him to run from his conversation. "Let's go get that pendant then."

I smiled to myself as he said that, leaving open a way for me to still talk with him but about something else. He hadn't wanted to embarrass me.

"Why do we need this pendant?" I had joined back in beside him as we neared the end of the building and the last few shops were nearing. He smiled that I had joined him, continuing the conversation about the jewelry.

"It's an old tradition Alphas do for their Lunas. This pendent holds authority, depending on who wears it." Andrew slowed his pace as we neared an antique shop, his eyes looking over the sign. "If you were to ever to come across the other packs, they will know you rein as a Luna."

Andrew had said before that my contact with the outside packs would be limited and hardly allowed. Did this mean he had changed his mind? "Oh, it's really important." My eyes drifted towards the sign as well, a looming wooden moon hung at the entrance with the name etched into the center. The Lone Howl.

"Stay at my side."
He had opened the door for me, coming into the room after me before taking the lead towards the front of the room. I had reached for his hand out of instinct, my eyes finding his opened palm left empty for me to take. The fall of heads began as they showed their respects for him.

Wolves, and I had just walked into their den.

There was some tension when he had entered. Short glares were passed towards us and I had wondered if Andrew noticed. They didn't know me, and from what Andrew had said before, they didn't seem to make judgement without reason. Then again, Brooklyn and the Doctor had felt threatened by me without knowing me either.

What has Andrew done to them?

"Greetings, Alpha Blood." There weren't many who could hold a steady conversation with Andrew without sounding a little afraid. The man behind the counter was doing a great job so far, and I even dared to glance at him. "What are you here for?"

"Alpha Blood?"

"I named our pack to signify my rein as Alpha. My name is Andrew Blood, Alpha of the Blood Moon Pack." I could hear his groan. "It's arrogant, I know."

Andrew Blood? Why hadn't I known this before? Not that it would have made any difference to our current situation.

"We're here for a pendant, Gale. A Luna pendant." Andrew sounded bored, the look on his face clear of any emotion when he spoke. It was like this a lot with his pack too. He showed a much brighter side of himself to me when we were alone.

"You've found your Luna? How exciting!" This man - Gale. He was faking his enthusiasm, the feeling of annoyance rolling off of him in waves. Gale hadn't looked in my direction once, directing his conversation with Andrew only.

"Do you know him?"

"Yes. I need the Luna pendant." He repeated, and I knew how much he loved repeating himself. I hoped the room didn't get much tenser. "Very little. He likes to make me look like an ass."

Gale was trying his best to defy Andrew in every way possible. "We have many pendants to suit all tastes. Maybe the Luna - herself, can pick the one she likes best?" Gale and I looked at each other then, the first time since walking in. His hostility only lasting in his eyes for a few blinks more before he looked at me properly. His face fell from one of aggression, his body starting to relax. I offered him a small smile, nervous that he would turn us away if we bothered him more.

"Bring the pendants and we will decide from there." Andrew folded his arms while we waited, ignoring Gale's intentions. Gale and I had looked at each other again, his black hair pulled out of his face only complemented the stubbornness in his brown eyes.

You shouldn't pest Andrew like that, his short temper can't take it.

"Believe me, I know."

I jumped at the foreign voice in my head, my body reacting negatively towards the communication when it wasn't Andrew speaking to me. The hair on my arms and neck raised at his intrusion, disliking anything to do with the way Gale made me feel. My eyes widened as they caught Gale's stare, my hand reaching for the back of Andrew's shirt. Andrew looked between us, confused for only a heart beat before Gale was off to complete Andrew's orders.

"Gale spoke to me. Through my mind."

Andrew's eyes widened at that, not saying much more while his nose wrinkled at the thought.

"Is that supposed to happen?" Andrew hadn't responded so I wasn't sure if it was something I need to worry about. Could I talk to other wolves this way before?

"How are things at Blood Moon?"
Gale asked, calling back to us without turning around. I wondered why Andrew still hadn't said anything about the mind speaking.

"It's better, now that I've found our Luna." Andrew wasn't in the mood for small talk. The way his body shifted his weight told me he would rather leave. Or at least be a little more respected.

"So this is the Blood Moon pack's Luna."
Gale looked down at me when he brought the pendants back. I could see in his eyes he still wanted to irritate Andrew, whatever his grudge was could not be tamed. He looked at me for a moment longer, Andrew's teeth grinding beside me. "She's awfully small."

"She's fine the way she is," Andrew growled lowly, the feeling of his power creeping against my skin before clouding my whole body with that welcomed feeling.

Gale had hesitated after seeing his sly remarks starting to work, Andrew standing behind the counter ready to make a scene. He looked nervous now, and decided it was best to lay low. "Of course."

Gale had laid a few products out for us on the counter, inviting us to try on and look at whatever we wanted. My fingers ran over the infrared images on the top, similar to the sign out front. "Have you done these yourself?"

Once again we had caught Gale by surprise, his eyes widened and his gaze on me for far too long. "I - yes, some of them." His voice was softer, not so much robotic as it was before while he was defensive.

Gale was silent for a moment and I busied myself with the charms before the two would speak again. Andrew's fingers traced over mine as reached a certain one. It was a locket, in the center on the front was engraved the moon phases almost as big as the ball pen point. Around the center were flowers engulfed in vines.

I loved it, finding it beautiful before looking up at the two with a smile.

Andrew looked between us, noting that I had found this interesting and I was able to keep a conversation going with him. "Are you all that's left?"

Gale turned to glare at Andrew, a bit of sadness taking over his faces I hadn't quite understood the question and I listened intently for his answer. "I am what's left."

"You know -" Andrew began to speak, uncrossing his arms as he released the tension from his body. "- instead of hiding here in this shop, you could join my pack, Gale. We could use a wolf like you."

"Alpha Blood, you don't invite just anyone into your pack. Why now?"

Andrew shrugged his shoulders, picking up some of Gale's attitude.
"Seems better than rotting away in a jewelry store."

"Did you expect to see me slaving away making tortillas in some busted up restaurant?" Gale pressed his palms against the counter with a calm laugh, he pushed his black hair back behind his ears. He glanced at me to see my reaction, "Come on Alpha, tell me you hadn't expected that."

Gales sarcastic humor wasn't called for, and it was the last little push Andrew needed in order to say something back.

"Do not challenge me, rogue."
I placed my hand on Andrew's chest as he leaned forward, glaring at Gale as I stood beside Andrew. "You've been around the humans too long Gale. You're starting to develop their toxic behavior and mannerisms."

Gale turned his head and forced his neck to stretch out. The position looked awkward and uncomfortable. Submission? That was my only guess, seeing as how I wanted to surrender myself too. I gripped his shirt harder.
"Mercy." Gale gave, his muscles flexing, not sure how much more he could take either.

"Every breath you breathe is mercy from me. Do not put yourself in a position of losing your life." Andrew snarled and I heard a few customers behind us leave the store.

"Andrew -" I pressed harder and urged him to back away, Gale wasn't completely submissive, I couldn't imagine Dameon caving in this kind of situation either if he were here. I didn't realize that doing this would also represent Andrew doing a submissive act by backing down without doing anything. Letting it go.

Andrew looked at me, his mind straining for me to see through his eyes, the whole situation so that I could validate his anger. I still didn't know the history of the two so I refused. Blocking my mind, Andrew strained - lifting his palms from the counter and straightened himself. He took a deep breath, straightened his clothes before kissing the top of my head with a sigh.

"Gale." His voice was still grisly. "This was years ago. Over a hundred years ago - The Luna has changed me." Andrew wasn't ready to back down.

"I'm flattered, really. But after you destroyed my pack to pieces, I just don't think - I don't think I would honor my family or dead pack mates by doing so." Gale was still a bit defensive, though he was careful about how he distributed it through his tone.

"You did what to his pack?" I questioned, Andrew, my eyes widened and suddenly I could sympathize with Gale a bit more.
Andrew looked down like he was directing the conversation at me, without  meeting my gaze.

"It was a long time ago."

"Wounds don't heal as quickly as you think." Gale snapped. He was braver and had gained a bit of confidence as he talked about his people. A fierce look in his eyes told me he loved his pack very much.

"You're preaching to the choir," Andrew growled back, paying for our things with the roll of his eyes. "I'm not the begging type, but I really hate to see good talent go to waste."

Gale handed him the bag that Andrew snatched out of his hands. Andrew began to walk, pulling on my hand.

I couldn't help but stare back at Gale, our eyes meeting before I looked back at Andrew.
"Let me talk to him."

I turned around, catching Gale off guard as I took his hand in mine. It didn't feel anything like Andrew's and didn't fit either. I could only hope I was doing the right thing.

"Please reconsider, we would love to have you. This second chance seems a lot better than being stuck here, not being your true self. To be honest, I would love to have a friend back at the pack." I paused and watched him take me in his gaze, his eyes roaming over my face. He pulled his hand away and looked away from me. "Look to the moon my friend, things can only go up from here." I smiled and turned away from him and walked to Andrew's tall dark form.

Andrew waited patiently for me to get to his side, his hand outstretched for me to take. When I did, he smiled down at me and kissed the top of my head. I smiled back and squeezed his hand lightly. I walked at his side as we began to leave the store.

"Wait!"

We both turned around, Andrew smirked but tried his best to keep the taunting at bay - though it was against his nature. Gale rushed towards us, tossing his work badge and apron onto a small glass container, tears sprung in his eyes.

"I - I reconsider." Gale and I looked at each other for a moment before he offered me a smile. "I'd love to join your pack."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.1K 311 17
Tails wasn't the best inventor - both Sonic and Shadow knew this. A fight in his basement concludes this, falling through a portal into a different u...
400K 14.5K 37
- COMPLETED - After escaping a military experiment camp, Ae Ri finds herself struggling with the changes her body is going through, after they exper...
16.2K 1.3K 64
"Ladies listen up." If it wasn't for the guns they carried, the cries you could hear in the background or the smell of deception, it was by sure the...
243K 5.3K 26
R-rated, for mature readers only # 25 in "Steamy" "What doesn't kill me better run!" Polina • beautiful • independent • stubborn • fierce She's n...