𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐥𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐧 𝐏�...

By erubescere

UNDER HEAVY EDITING (Edited chapters will have gifs at the beginning of them to signal that they have been e... More

⎡preface⎦
⎡i; 1⎦
⎡2⎦
⎡3⎦
⎡4⎦
⎡5⎦
⎡6⎦
⎡7⎦
⎡8⎦
⎡9⎦
⎡10⎦
⎡11⎦
⎡12⎦
⎡ii; 13⎦
⎡14⎦
⎡15⎦
⎡16⎦
⎡17⎦
⎡18⎦
⎡19⎦
⎡20⎦
⎡21⎦
⎡22⎦
⎡23⎦
⎡iii; 24⎦
⎡25⎦
⎡26⎦
⎡27⎦
⎡28⎦
⎡29⎦
⎡30⎦
⎡31⎦
⎡32⎦
⎡33⎦
⎡34⎦
⎡35⎦
⎡36⎦
⎡iv; 37⎦
⎡38⎦
⎡39⎦
⎡41⎦
⎡42⎦
⎡43⎦
⎡44⎦
⎡45⎦
⎡46⎦
⎡47⎦
⎡48⎦
⎡49⎦
⎡50⎦
⎡51⎦
⎡52⎦
⎡53⎦
⎡54⎦
⎡55⎦
⎡56⎦
⎡57⎦
⎡58⎦
⎡59⎦
⎡60⎦
⎡61⎦
⎡v; 62⎦
⎡63⎦
⎡64⎦
⎡65⎦
⎡66⎦
⎡67⎦
⎡68⎦
⎡69⎦
⎡70⎦
⎡71⎦
⎡72⎦
⎡vi; 73⎦
⎡74⎦
⎡75⎦
⎡76⎦
⎡77⎦
⎡78⎦
⎡79⎦
⎡80⎦
⎡81⎦
⎡vii; 82⎦
⎡83⎦
⎡84⎦
⎡85⎦
⎡86⎦
⎡87⎦
⎡88⎦
⎡89⎦
⎡90⎦
⎡91⎦
⎡92⎦
⎡93⎦
⎡94⎦
⎡95⎦
⎡96⎦
⎡97⎦
⎡98⎦
⎡viii; 99⎦
⎡100⎦
⎡101⎦
⎡102⎦
⎡103⎦
⎡104⎦
⎡105⎦
⎡106⎦
⎡107⎦
⎡108⎦
⎡bonus chapter; 109⎦
⎡epilogue; 110⎦

⎡40⎦

64K 1.5K 4.4K
By erubescere

We sat on the Hogwarts Express together in a compartment. Kronos was on my lap, Hermione was reading the Daily Prophet and Ron was, well, not eating! He was reading. So um, everything seemed fine!

"Anything from the trolley!" I heard the trolley lady say a little further down on the train. "Anything from the trolley dears?" she asked when she approached out compartment.

Our heads, all for Hermione, whipped up like a pack of hounds that caught a scent. We stood up and walked to the door.

"Packet of drewballs and a licorice wand." Ron looked down at his money. "On second thought, just the drewballs."

"It's alright I'll get it." Harry offered.

"Just the drewballs, thanks."

Harry and I stood in the doorway looking at the treats when Cho Chang, Ugh I hate that girl, and her friends walked up.

"Two pumpkin pasties please," she asked in her fake babyish voice. Harry and Cho looked at each other and smiled. Looks like Potter's got an ickle crush...

"Thank you," Cho said as the trolley lady handed her the pasties. She looked at Harry one more time before she left with her friends.

"Anything sweet for you dear?" the lady asked Harry.

"Oh no, I'm not hungry. Thank you" He replied grinning like an idiot. I held in a laugh but failed and let a snort faking it into a cough.

"And for you dear?" The lady asked.

"Err- 3 Choco Ball please," I asked politely. She handed me over my Choco Balls and... a Chocolate Frog? I handed it back."I didn't order this. Thank you though."

She pushed my hand back. "No, no dearie. This is for you. A handsome young boy in the next compartment bought it for you."

My eyebrows shot up. I didn't dare look into the next compartment though I knew eyes were digging into the back of my head. Well, that's a first.

"Oh. Now, who exactly bought me the Frog?" I asked.

"The one with gray eyes and brown hair."

My lips parted slightly. Did she mean... Cedric? Pretty Boy bought me something? I knew Harry, Ron and Hermione were intently listening in.

"He wanted me to tell you that 'Anyone who knows you knows you love chocolate'" (A/N: Second-year reference) My jaw finally unhinged. Didn't I say that in, what? The second year? Wow, he has a good memory. I took in a sharp breath.

"Well erm- thank you very much," I said turning and going to sit back down.

"This is horrible. How can the Ministry not know who conjured it? Wasn't there any security or?" Hermione asked reading the paper.

"Loads according to my father, he just was on vacation. That's what worried the Ministry so much. Happened right under their noses." I said watching Harry rub his head.

"It's hurting again isn't it? Your scar." Hermione asked.

"I'm fine," Harry replied with a shrug. I opened my Chocolate Frog and stuck it in my mouth.

Hermione leant forwards. "You know Sirius will want to hear about this. What you saw at the world cup, and the dream." Harry nodded and took out some parchment. I sighed.

Merlin, please I beg for this to be a normal year. PLEASE... I don't know if I can survive...

. . .

Once we got off the train and into the school everyone seemed to be crowding the pillars. I squeezed my way through to see what they were looking at. I scanned the skies for anything odd when I noticed it. Beautiful white stallion flying horses were pulling a large carriage.

My hand went over my mouth. I knew where that carriage was from. Beauxbatons Academy of Magic. Suddenly the water in the Black Lake rippled fiercely as a tiny boat sailed in. The boat emerged into a humongous boat. I knew where that boat was from too. Durmstrang Institute. I whimpered knowing what was going to happen this year. The Triwizard Tournament. Worse: the Yule Ball. Dad taught me how to dance at a young age. It's a piece of cake really.

I walked into the Great Hall and immediately spotted Astoria.

"Astoria!" I exclaimed. She and I hugged. She pulled back and looked at me.

"Whoa. You-" I slammed my hands over my ears, shut my eyes tight and sang.

"LA LA LA LA LA LA LA!" To the top of my lungs because I knew that she would say something about my body from the results of bring a teenager. She started laughing and we sat down at the table together.

We watched the sorting, which was so boring, per usual but had a nice time catching up. When it was over Dumbledore stood up.

"Now we're all settled in and sorted, I'd like to make an announcement." The doors to the Great Hall opened and Filch ran up comically. "This castle will not only be your home this year but home to some very special guests as well. You see Hogwarts has been chosen-" Filch whispered something in Dumbledore's ear and they had a mini discussion. Once they finished Filch ran back again.

"So Hogwarts has been chosen to host a legendary event." Here it comes... "The Triwizard tournament." OH MERLIN! People started to murmur and whisper. "Now for those of you who do not know, the Triwizard Tournament brings together three schools for a series of magical contests. From each school, a single contestant is selected to compete. Now let me be clear, if chosen, you stand alone. And trust me when I say these contests are not for the faint-hearted, but more of that later. For now please join me in welcoming the lovely ladies of the Beauxbatons Academy of Magic and their headmistress Madame Maxime."

The doors opened and the Beauxbatons young women walked in with their blue dresses, hats, and gloves. The walked up the aisle a little and sighed romantically which caused most of the boys mouths to drop . They repeated the process two more times, the last time creating butterflies. All the boys in the room were transfixed on the girls.

"I was accepted to that school you know," I whispered to Astoria.

"Glad you didn't go there," she replied. I nodded.

Madam Maxime, who was MUCH taller than I expected, walked in after the girls as tall as ever. The girls finished their dances and bowed at the front of the room.

All the boys whistled and cheered while the girls just sat in their seats.

"And now our friends from the north, please greet the proud sons of Durmstrang Institute and the high master Igor Karkaroff."

Now it was the girls turn to stare. A series of older boys walked up the aisle brandishing bo staffs and twirling them around. They periodically stabbed them into the ground causing a spark effect. One guy in the front did some acrobatic tricks. It was cool.

Lastly, Viktor and Karkaroff walked in. I could have sworn I saw Ron almost faint. In the front of the Great Hall, by the Head Table, a guy blew out a fire to create a fire dragon. Karkaroff and Dumbledore embraced. The Durmstrang boys were directed to the Slytherin table and the Beauxbatons girls were directed to the Ravenclaw table. Once everyone was situated, everyone continued to eat their dessert.

Later on, some tower thing was brought into the Great Hall. When it was placed in the front, Dumbledore got up again.

"Your attention, please! I would like to say a few words. Eternal glory, that is what awaits the student who wins the Triwizard Tournament. But to do this that student must survive three tasks. Three extremely dangerous tasks. For this reason, the ministry has seen fit to impose a new rule. To explain all this we have the head of the Department of International Magical Cooperation, Mister Bartimus Crouch."

Wait, shouldn't that guy be at the Ministry with the whole Dark Mark thing at the World Cup? Eh. Whatever. Lightning started to flash and thunder roared overhead. Rain began to leak through the roof as our screams broke out. A strange man stood in a doorway. He cast a spell upwards and sealed the roof. Peace was restored. The man in the doorway stared up at the ceiling with one eye? Wait, no, two eyes but one was fake that rolled around. He had brown thin hair and was quite short. I know this man... Then it clicked.

"Bloody hell, it's Alastor Moody!" I said to Astoria.

"Who?" she asked.

"Alastor Moody. Also called Mad-Eye Moody. He's a great auror. Half the cells in Azkaban are full of prisoners thanks to him. He's supposed to be 'mad' though these days."

He hobbled to the Head Table breathing heavily, looking around. His "special" eye was darting everywhere. Dumbledore got up to talk to him.

"My dear old friend, thanks for coming." They shook hands.

"That stupid ceiling," he replied. He took a flask from his belt and took a sip.

"Whats that he's drinking you suppose?" Astoria asked me.

"I don't know but I highly doubt it's pumpkin juice," I replied shaking my head.

He finished drinking and turned back around with a shudder of disgust. Crouch went to the front of the room near the tower thingy.

"After due consideration, the ministry has concluded that for their own safety no student under the age of seventeen shall be allowed to put forth their name for the Triwizard Tournament. This decision is final."

Everyone started to boo and protest. Even from the Slytherin table, I could hear George and Fred scream, "That's rubbish! You don't know what you're doing!"

I was pissed even. Triwizard Tournament might be dangerous and all but eternal glory... now that sounded nice.

"Silence!" Dumbledore yelled in one long yell. The talking ceased and Dumbledore made the tower thingy melt away showing a goblet. Blue flames erupted from the goblet. "The Goblet of Fire. Anyone wishing to submit themselves for the tournament, merely write their name upon a piece of parchment and throw it in the flame before this hour on Thursday night. Do not do so lightly, if chosen, there's no turning back. As from this moment the Tri-wizard Tournament has begun."

We were dismissed to bed and I  hurried out of the Great Hall. I didn't want to be seen by Madam Maxime until tomorrow. As I was walking, I slammed into a body causing me to stumble back. I was caught by the waist before I fell. I recognized the touch that sent electricity. I placed my hands on the other person's chest and looked up. Cedric. I smiled and stepped back.

"Thanks," I said. "I should really pay more attention to where I'm going." I laughed a little and tucked a piece of hair behind my ear.

He chuckled as one of his friends walked up to us.

"Hey Ced, who's the chick?" He asked eyeing me. He had dirty blond messy hair, blue eyes, a long nose, and thin lips.

I put hands on my hips.

"That chick has a name you know," I replied.

"Yeah, I know. Mine's Isaac." The boy replied sticking out his hand.

"Hazel," I replied taking the hand.

"Oh, your Rosewood's sister." He said.

"Really? Is that how I'm known by the sixth years? Rosewood's sister? Not the beater on the Slytherin team'?" I asked.

"Well sometimes. Mostly everyone calls you the Slytherin Princess." My eyebrows shot up.

"For what reason exactly?" I asked biting my lip.

"Well, you're beautiful and you've got great grades."

"I'm not beautiful." I snapped.

"Oo. Feisty." Isaac smirked raising an eyebrow.

I squinted at him, crossed my arms, and gave him a fake smile.

"Glad to hear. Well, I'm going to bed. It was nice to meet you, Isaac. Bye Pretty Boy." I said, turning on my heel. I walked around the corner and rested my forehead against the wall letting go a breath of air I didn't know I was holding.

"Nice Ced. Pretty Boy just came from a pretty girl's mouth. She literally just granted you the entrance that no other guy has acquired since the day she walked into Hogwarts." I heard Isaac say.

"Yeah sure," replied Cedric with sarcasm dripping from his words.

"No really. Guys would kill to be in your place,"

The sound of their footsteps ceased and I turned to leave, grinning like an idiot. I reached the dormitories to see Astoria already there.

"Who was it?" She asked immediately. I sat down on the bed and sighed.

"Who was what?" I said looking over at her. Her smile was huge.

"Don't play dumb. Was it Diggory? I saw him staring you almost the entire feast." She said. I don't know what got into me but I squealed.

I slapped my hand over my mouth and fell back onto the bed. Astoria screamed and rushed over.

"Tell me everything!"

"Oh, he's such a gentleman! He's so sweet and kind! And Merlin is he handsome." Suddenly my grin was wiped off my face. "Astoria! What's happening to me?! I'm falling for Diggory! Every girl likes him! This is what I try to avoid! Being just another girl who likes a guy everyone likes. I'm nothing interesting. He would never like a girl like me."

"Don't say that about yourself. You're drop-dead gorgeous. " she said. "and, you are right. Diggory is a looker."

I blushed. Astoria started to laugh.

"Anyways, I'm going to bed." She said getting into her own bed.

I got up and got ready to go to bed but when I got back into my own bed I couldn't sleep. My thoughts were being consumed by the boy with soft caramel hair and chocolate eyes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

255 2 32
A fanfic that includes and love triangle, hope, loss, fear, friendship, and reality. the years and ages are a bit different. First year starts at 14...
13.1K 291 12
𝐀 𝐃𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐨 𝐌𝐚𝐥𝐟𝐨𝐲 𝐟𝐚𝐧𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧, 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐝 𝐬𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐟𝐮�...
115K 1.3K 40
under editing. this story includes : - fluff - angst - crack - au ------- 𝐻𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑒𝑠𝑡 𝑟𝑎𝑛𝑘 : #14 on draco #18 on hufflepuff #369 on wattpad ...
44.4K 907 33
"love is heavy and light, bright and dark, hot and cold, sick and healthy, asleep and awake - its everything except what it is" theodore not x fem...