The Gilbert Twins: A Looming...

By stvckinmyhead

Originally - Gilbert Twins: Your Face Looks Familiar ✨✨✨✨✨ What happens when a mysterious yet familiar face r... More

Intro
Taster
Chapter 1: The Return
Chapter 2: The Names Katalina, Katalina Gilbert
Chapter 3: Saving You Makes Us Cool, Right?
Chapter 4: A Fun Stefan And Dead John? Is It My Birthday(?)
Chapter 5: You Want Me To What Now?
Chapter 6: Your Boyfriends A Suicidal Blood Junkie? Tough Luck...
Chapter 8: All That For A Hug?
Chapter 9: Another Me?
Chapter 10: Too Many Vampire's Are My Friends
Chapter 11: Why Am I Going Again?
Chapter 12: Bored
Chapter 13: Lemonade Can Be Poisonous To Your Kind?
Chapter 14: Look What Your ABC's Got Me Into!
!AUTHOR'S NOTE!
Chapter 15: What's With Me Getting Hurt Now-A-Day's?
Chapter 16: Hello Mr. Fancy Suit!
Chapter 17: Katherine's Not Dead?
Chapter 18: Why Can't I Punch You?
Chapter 19: There's A Hottie At My Door...Trust me, This Isn't A Punishment
Chapter 20: Hmph...I Didn't Expect That To Upset Me That Much...
Chapter 21: I Would Rather Be Sacrificed Than Be Civil To That A$$hat
Chapter 22: And I'm A Third Wheel Because?...
Chapter 23: Do I Say Hon?
Chapter 24: Freedom Looks Good On You
Chapter 25: I'll Have A Mother Cooked Medium Well To Well Done Please...
Chapter 26: Should I Regret It?...
Chapter 27: Mr. Fancy Suit Ain't Lookin' So Fancy
Chapter 28: Either Way, I'm Not Surviving This...
Chapter 29: The Darkness Is Suffocating...
!AUTHOR'S NOTE!

Chapter 7: How Many Times Do You Have To Stab Your Mom For Bad Karma?

8K 202 29
By stvckinmyhead

😼

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/03/f2/a4/03f2a496fbadfa63d50485109d7494be.jpg.

PHONE CONVERSATION

D- And your calling because?

K- I'm supposed to help build The Miss Mystic float for the founders day parade. If I don't, I get the wrath of Caroline. But I wanted to check in first.

D-Well, I'm doing great. Thanks for asking.

K- I'm checking on Stefan.

D- Your sister's boyfriend? Why?

K- Because she'd rather me call than have him think she's smothering him.

D- Makes sense. But Stefan. He's--he's terrible.

K- What's the matter?

D- He's just back to boring, straight-laced, off the junk. Elena successfully cured him of anything that was interesting about his personality.

K- That's what she's good at. But what does that say about you, considering you helped her?

D- I hate myself. Hey, did uncle John mention anything to you about my field trip with your history teacher?

K- No, I'm taking every chance I get to avoid him so we've barely talked. Why? What's he up to?

D- I don't know. But I'd love it if you could find out for me.

K-...I gotta go. I'm late.

D- Have fun with The Mystic Queen. I know I did.

K- Comments like that are the reason you have no friends.

END PHONE CONVERSATION

I chuckled slightly and put my phone in my back pocket, picked up my bag and rushed to the car.

-TIME SKIP-

"Hey Alaric" I waved.

"With me, now" he pushed me towards his classroom.

"Why what's happening?" I entered to see Stefan and Elena already there, I took a seat and Ric closed the door, only for it to be opened again and for Damon to enter.

"Damon. Thanks for coming" Alaric greeted.

"Sorry, I'm late. The dog ate my, uh...never mind" Damon greeted back. "What's with all the furrowed brows?" Damon asked.

"Yeah I'd like to know too since I was just dragged in here" I spoke up.

"I saw Isobel last night" Alaric's voice was low.

"Isobel's here? In town?" Damon questioned before moving to the other side of the room. "Did you ask her about uncle John? Are they working together?" Damon turned to Alaric.

"No" Ric answered.

"No, they're not?" Damon stepped forward from his new position by the window.

"No, I didn't ask" Ric remained calm.

"What about the invention?" Damon listed another question.

"Didn't ask" Ric was calm.

"Does she know about the tomb of vampires?" Damon moved in front of Alaric.

"I don't know" Ric's still calm.

"Did words completely escape you?" Damon got up in Ric's face.

"No, I was a little too distracted by my dead vampire wife to ask any questions" Ric got a bit annoyed then.

"What did she want?" Damon asked.

"She wants to see me and Kat, Damon" Elena answered.

"Are you kidding?" I frowned at her and stood up from my seat.

"No" she looked down slightly.

"Well, she can come ask me herself then, can't she?" I picked my bag up and moved to leave.

"Are you serious?" Elena asked.

"Yes, you already know how a feel. She's a waste of air and Damon's blood. She can rot for all I care" I turned to leave again.

"Kat" I stopped. "You can hate her all you want, but we should see her."

"Why?" I turned to her.

"...Because if we find out why she's in town then it'll be easier to take her down" Elena told me.

"That's cute Elena, but we both know that's not why you want to see her...But, if it stops you from making up lies to sweeten me up...then I'll endure her company" I exhaled.

"Alaric is supposed to arrange a meeting. We don't know why or what she wants" Stefan spoke up as Damon turned to my position by the door.

"You don't have to see her if you don't want to" Damon spoke seriously.

"Well, Elena's not really giving me much of a choice, is she(?)" I shrugged.

"She's threatening to go on a killing spree" Alaric informed me and Damon.

"Oh. I take it that's...not ok with you guys" Damon directed it to the room.

"I want to do it. I want to meet her. If I don't, I know I'll regret it. And even with all the things you say, Kat..." Elena and I looked at each other. "I know you'll regret it if you don't find out all you want to."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah" I waved it off.

-TIME SKIP-

"Why are we doing this again?" I frowned at Elena after she finished talking to Stefan from afar.

"Because I'm evil and saw it fit to drag you along(!)" she gave me a look.

"Right, right. Sorry, I forgot(!)" I chuckled as she bumped her shoulder into mine. And then she sat in front of us, looking just how I remember her.

"Hello, Elena. Kat, it's great to see you again" she smiled.

"I'm trying, but I just can't force or fake the feeling of it being mutual" I deadpanned my response.

"You both look so much like her, Kat a bit more, though, her's and Kat's attitude are basically the same. It's eerie" the smile dropped from her face as she spoke.

"You've met Katherine?" Elena questioned.

"She found me after I turned. Genetic curiosity, I suppose. She would be fascinated by you two" her voice was so monotone.

"Is that how you can walk in the day?" Isobel toyed with her necklace at Elena's question.

"Katherine helped me obtain it" she smiled again.

"Who's our father?" Elena asked another question.

"Not important. He was a teenage waste of space" back to monotone.

"A name would be nice" I jumped in.

"It would, wouldn't it? Your sister ask's a lot of questions" Isobel directed at me.

"She's curious" I defended.

"Why aren't you?" she asked me.

"Because anything that involved you or a family other that what I was raised in is none-existant to me, I simply don't care" I answered.

"You look out for your own, yourself" she stated.

"I suppose" I shrugged, thinking nothing of it.

"Katherine would love you" Isobel complimented.

"Why did you compel that man to kill himself right after he told me to stop looking for you?" Elena tried to steer the conversation down a path where we would gain answers.

"Dramatic impact. Wish it would have been more effective" Isobel brushed the subject under the rug.

"Human life means that little to you?" Elena was disgusted.

"Means nothing to me" and she smiled again. "It's just part of being what I am."

"No. It's not. I know other vampires. That's not true" Elena refused.

"Your boyfriend over there by the pool table? Stefan Salvatore. Why Stefan? Why didn't you go for Damon? Or do you enjoy them both? Like Katherine did?" Isobel smiled, thinking she'd won.

"No, I can't stand Damon. I tolerate him because he's Stefan's brother and Kat's friend, nothing more" Elena replied honestly and I could see Stefan smile slightly in the distance.

"Well I wouldn't say friend" I addressed the comment.

"What are you then?" Elena asked me.

"Associates. I mean, that has to be it because...we haven't really done anything" I shrugged.

"Are you ignoring me?" Isobel laughed slightly and looked between us.

"Why did you want to meet us?" Elena got the show back on the road. "It can't be to just catch up."

"Because I'm curious about you both. But, the real reason is, I want what your uncle wants--Johnathan Gilbert's invention" Isobel made clear.

"How do you know my uncle?" Elena asked after a quick laugh.

"I used to spend a lot of time here when I was younger. John had a crush on me for years. He was the first one that told me about vampires" Isobel finally gave a straight answer.

"So what made you want to be one?" Elena was intrigued.

"It's a very long list of reasons, Elena, all of which I'm sure you've thought about" Isobel explained, but Elena just shook her head. "That was your first lie."

"No, it wasn't, I know I don't want to become one. I may love Stefan, but I want to die a human" Elena made clear.

"It's inevitable, no matter what you tell yourself. You're gonna get old. Stefan won't. Forever doesn't last very long when you're human" Isobel tried to convince her.

"I'm sorry, but I don't have what you're looking for" I could hear the anger in Elena's voice as she moved to stand, Isobel gripped her arm.

"Sit down. And tell your boyfriend to walk away" Isobel commanded and Elena did as she was told. "I want the invention."

"I don't have it" Elena continued.

"I know that" she turned her head to me. "But Damon does. And you're gonna get it for me."

"He's not gonna give it to me, you know he won't" I tried to reason.

"Then the blood will be on your hands" she tried to scare me.

"See if I care" I shrugged.

"The blood of your friends and family, maybe even your own sister if you don't do what you're told" she tried again.

"...Fine, I'll try. But as a departing gift" I stood and her eyes followed, distracted and giving me enough time to jam a knife from the silverware set into her hand. "Don't order us around again, or next time it'll be wood and it'll be in your heart" I turned and walked out, catching a glimpse of her pulling the knife out on the way.

THE NEXT DAY

"Are you okay? You just locked yourself in your room last night, I haven't seen you since you ran out of the grill yesterday" Elena found me on the sofa, just lying there and she decided to understand my deep-rooted emotions.

"I'm fine. Yesterday I was given the task of convincing Damon to give me a stupid little invention, then I got to stab my birth Mom with a knife for threatening me. I'm better than fine, I'm dandy(!)" I let my head fall back on the couch cushions behind me.

"Why do you always do this? The same thing happened when Mom and Dad died. You clam up and use sarcasm as your main weapon, just talk to m--" knocking at the door cut Elena off. "This talk isn't over." she went to answer it, upon opening the door she found Bonnie. "Hi."

"Hey. I couldn't sleep last night. You were obviously upset about something, and I just walked away. That's not me. That can't be us. You're my friend, Elena--" I cut Bonnie off.

"Am I invisible(?!)" I joked and they both chuckled.

"You're both dear friends to me. If either of you need me, I'm here for you. And I'm sorry I couldn't show you that yesterday." Bonnie continued.

"We met our birth mother" Elena confessed.

"Oh. Was it...Are you ok?" Bonnie worried and pulled Elena into a hug. 'Are you?' she mouthed to me.

'I'm fine' I mouthed back with a nod.

-TIME SKIP-

I was driving to the Salvatore's thinking how I'm gonna get Damon to hand this device over, and just as I pulled into the front, my phone rang.

PHONE CONVERSATION

K- Elena, what's up?

E- Where are you?

K- The Salvatore's, trying to get that device.

E- Thank god, Bonnie, Stefan, and I are on our way.

K- Why?

E- Isobel. She got some guy to break Matt's arm, I think. And she took Jeremy, and we need to get her the device or she's gonna kill him.

K- Well, it's a good thing I'm on it.

E- If Damon doesn't listen, say there's a spell Bonnie can do to make sure it doesn't harm vampires anymore.

K- It's a weapon against vampires?

E- Yes, but Bonnie can fix it so when we give it to Isobel it's powerless. She get's what she wants and Jeremy comes home safe.

K- Okay, I'll explain it to him while you guys get over here...to power down the device?

E- Yeah.

END PHONE CONVERSATION

I got out of the car and walked up to the house, a panicked feeling running through me at the thought of my 'Mom' harming or possibly killing my baby brother. When I walked in the home felt deserted, it took a few minuted before I found the only person in the library.

"I heard the conversation, the answer's no" he sipped his drink and stared at the fire.

"Come on Damon, please. I know you don't care for a lot of human life, but this is my brother." I reasoned.

"I don't care. I'm not gonna give the device to Isobel so she can give it to John who's gonna turn around and kill me. I like being a living dead person" he finalized.

"But it'll be useless. Bonnie can take it's power away" I pointed out.

"I don't trust her" he made obvious as I heard footsteps nearing us.

"I can remove the original spell" Bonnie joined us in the library, Stefan and Elena behind her.

"John and Isobel will never know" I tried to drill it into his thick skull.

"No. No, I'll get Jeremy my own way" Damon brushed the idea under the rug.

"Huh?" Stefan sounded.

"Mmm-mm" Damon nodded.

"How are you gonna do that? Hmm? Because Isobel is a vampire, and Jeremy could be dead the second you walk in the door" Stefan reminded.

"Are you even up for this? I mean, no offense. You're no Emily Bennett. Emily knew what she was doing" Damon tried to patronize Bonnie.

"I've been practicing" Bonnie remained calm.

"It's not piano lessons, honey" at Damon's words Bonnie walked closer to him.

"What's your favorite book?" Bonnie asked at random.

"What?" he looked to the ceiling, then back at her.

"Name a book, any book" She directed again.

"Name a book. How about...'Call Of The Wild,' Jack London?" Damon suggested. Bonnie turned her back on us and stared intensely at a particular shelf, allowing a book to fly out and towards Damon, who caught it with ease. He looked at it then at Stefan. "Jack London" he threw the book down. "Great parlor trick."

"Damon, just shut up, hand over the device and pretend to be okay with it. Please?" I commanded, then pleaded.

"I don't trust you. I tried to kill you" Damon pointed out to Bonnie.

"Hmm. You're right. You can't trust me" Bonnie made clear.

"Trust me then" I jumped in with my final try.

"...Do you trust me?" he randomly asked.

"...Yes. Now, please give me the device" we held an intense stare as I held my hand out, reluctantly he reached into his pocket and handed it to me. "Thank you" I thanked as he squeezed the hand that held the device.

-TIME SKIP-

They didn't want me to come at first, they wanted me to wait in the house while Elena handed the device over. I convinced them otherwise, and only Elena knew I brought my favorite crossbow with me. 

I waited behind the Salvatores, straining myself to hear what was happening. "For god sakes, call home" Isobel instructed.

"What?" Elena questioned.

"Call home, ask to speak to your brother Jeremy" Elena rushed to get her phone out and dial at Isobel's words.

I couldn't hear what Elena said as she turned her back to our side of this. "You were never going to hurt him" Elena realized.

"No. I was going to kill him. Don't look for any redeeming qualities in me. I don't have any" Isobel croaked.

"But you took a risk with Damon. How did you know he was going to give it to Kat?" I got bored when Elena said that and prepared my crossbow, ignoring Isobel's answer. I looked up in time for Elena to hand the device over. "Thank you."

"For what?" Isobel questioned.

"For being such a monumental disappointment. It keeps the memory of my real mother, perfectly intact" Elena tried to get a reaction.

"Goodbye Elena" she turned to me and the Salvatore's. "Goodbye, Katalina."

"Boys, I know I said I'd be good but..." and like that I signaled for Elena to move to the side in case the arrow went through my beloved mother. Then I shot, watching as the wooden stick neatly lodged itself in Isobel's stomach. "That's for Matty" I grinned as she stumbled backward, her drones rushing to help her.

Elena ran back to us, and thanks to the Salvatore's speed, they rushed us out of there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jwgf3wmiA04... (Drag Me Down By One Direction)

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

And it is done. Tomorrow it's the end of season 1 (Audience Aww's) but then it's season 2, which is bada$$ because the curse gives a doppleganger an actual purpose--and great character's show up; Klaus, Elijah, and Katherine just to name a few (Audience Cheers).

Anyway, that's all folks, I hope you enjoyed my update and come back for more tomorrow, also don't forget to vote and comment, even give me a little cheeky follow or read my other stories to pass the time.

Thanks for reading x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

350K 5.2K 52
Madi has always been in Mal's shadow when it comes to Maleficent. When the VK's get to go to Auradon, will Madi finally come first? All rights to Di...
40.8K 611 21
❝So, I'm waiting for the afterlife; to show me a good time baby, somebody save me, I just wanna be loved.❞ She's young. She's beautiful. She's back f...
478K 12.8K 107
DISCONTINUED DISCONTINUED DISCONTINUED DISCONTINUED DISCONTINUED DISCONTINUED Please read it on the official site: Flying Lines Original Title: Here...
75.7K 1.3K 17
Sofia is the daughter of the Wolverine. And no he didn't die and believe it or not Deadpool is actually her uncle and Godfather. But one day she find...