Devil May Cry ✔

De petra_the_first

She was the angel and I was the devil. I knew better than to fall for a good girl like her but something abo... Mai multe

1
2
3
4
5
6
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
32Something Doesn't Feel Right
33A Talk In Private
34 Taking Decisions And Bossing The Boss
35 Maybe A Little Too Fast
36 Mysterious Vacation
37 Didn't Change
38 Morning Kisses
39 Let's Go
40 Why So Soon?
41 Quite A Night
42 Coffee Sounds Perfect
43 Do You Want Some Icecream?
44 Hiring The Best
45 Want You
46 Please Be Okay
47 Thank You
48 Promotions
49 Second Chances
50 Reunite
51 Something More
52 Here It Goes
53 Emergencies
54 Letting It Out
55 The Best Memories
56 Introducing
57 Why To Care Anymore?
58 Last Day's Events
59 Am I Crazy?
60 A Long Night Shift
61 Lunch And Dinner
62 Where Is He?
63 Well That's New
64 Mini-Feelings
65 It's About Time
66 Closer Together
67More Than Enough
68Three Am Confessions
69 Again
70 At The Airport
71And So It Begins
72 Not Over Yet
73 You Have My Word
74Wondering Minds
75 Breakouts
76 Reminisce
77 Please
78 Gone
79 Killed Twice
Epilogue
Acknowledgements
What The Characters Look Like
Other Books
Author's Note
Sneak Peak

7

1.2K 33 6
De petra_the_first

On the way back home from Claire's the next morning, a kid handed me a flyer as I was entering the building.

UNDERGROUND CHAMPIONSHIP:

ARE YOU A FIGHTER AND NOT A LOVER?
DO YOU LIKE TO SEE PEOPLE SUFFER?
THEN WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?

JOIN US IN THE UNDERGROUND TO WATCH PEOPLE FIGHT FOR THE UNDERGROUND CHAMPION TITLE!!!!

This Monday night at 11:00 pm. Be there or regret it for the rest of your life.

Yeah right,I thought and then stuffed the flyer in my pocket, last time I checked I was a lover so I'll pass.

I unlocked the door to the apartment and stepped inside, my parents were already at work so I spent most of my afternoon on the couch. At one point the boredom was extremely unbearable that I pulled out my phone and started playing my game. I really need to delete this game after everything that happened and find me a new hobby.

RANKING:

TOP THREE PLAYERS:

1.Smarty_A_01: 1256 pt. (First place) just now.

2.Brainz001: 1250 pt (Second place) 1 day ago.

3.ILoveKittens:1116 pt. (Third place) 5 hours ago.

First place! Take that Brainz001!

RANKING:

TOP THREE PLAYERS:

1.Brainz001:1300 pt.(First Place) just now

2.Smarty_A_01: 1256 pt. (Second Place) 6 minutes ago.

3.ILoveKittens:1116 pt. (Third place) 5 hours ago.

WHAT??!!! How is that even possible?! He broke my score in six minutes! Agh just let it go Ang there will always be someone smarter. I got off my phone and went to take a shower, there are more important things I should think about right now.

After checking the fridge for the fourth time in a row and somehow hoping a snack would magically appear, I gave up and went to the grocery store to buy some chocolate icecream. A lot of people were talking about the match outside and I couldn't help but wonder why everyone was making a huge deal out of this competition, it's just a bunch of shirtless dudes fighting over a belt.

You can say I became a couch potato recently who enjoyed eating chocolate ice cream for breakfast and lunch.

I must have dozed off because I woke up to the sound of the front door closing.

"Angy are you home?" my mother's voice echoed from the hallway.

"Yeah," I yelled as I got up and ignored my stomachache. I think I had too much ice cream for one day.

Mom entered the living room and her eyes fell on the ice cream box, "Did you have chocolate ice cream for lunch young lady?" she asked with her hands crossed and one eyebrow raised.

"For breakfast actually," I corrected innocently.

Mom sighed, "Come on I brought food."

"Burgers!" I cheered when I saw them and then proceeded to sit down.

"Where's dad?" I asked while eating.

"Don't speak with your mouth full. You could choke. Plus it's inappropriate and he's running a little late."

I opened my mouth with all the chewed food just to annoy her.

"Angelica Morr," she huffed while I laughed. I've always loved teasing mom.

The room was quiet when mom suddenly spoke,"I can't believe you're leaving in less than two weeks."

Suddenly the food became harder to swallow, "Yeah me neither."

"Do you remember when we moved here? It was the year you decided to become a lawyer. I still recall how you came in and stood in front of the TV to get out attention and then you announced it, 'Mom dad I'm gonna be a lawyer when I grow up and that's that' then you went back to your room," she chuckled as she remembered the distant memory. Her hands were resting on the table and her eyes were set on the ground I think I saw her tear up for a second before she wiped it away quickly.

We never talked about this before, for us the future was always planned in advance we always knew what the next step was and no one would intervene, high-school first and then college and kids move out when they go to college so that was settled I always thought my mom would be prepared for a moment like this but I don't think she's ready to let me go. I mean would I want my only child to move to another country and live there for five or six years? Would it be easy on me to not wake up one morning and see my child whom I've lived with for eighteen years? Family nights are going to be different, dinner time is going to be different even our mornings are going to be different. Maybe this is all part of growing up, to do things differently to change and to adapt to a new lifestyle you're not sure if you're ready for.

"These were the days," I added and joined her on her little trip to the past lanes.

"We're going to miss you Angelica, we know we need to let you move on with your life but we're going to miss you."

And then I saw them. Mom's tears. They were there running down her cheeks I must have started crying too because she reached out and wiped my tears.

"I'm going to miss you too, I'm going to miss everything here. The apartment, the food, you, my friends, the smelly streets. Everything."

"Oh baby," and just as mom hugged me I began to cry harder. We both cried our hearts out, it's not just parents watching their children grow old and leave it's the kids too. We too worry that someday our parents won't be around anymore and one day we will have to cook our own meals and sleep in empty apartments, we worry that one day we won't have someone to tell us to get off the phone it's these little things that you're so used to having in your everyday life that matter the second they disappear. It's the process of growing up.

****

I was lying down on my bed staring at the ceiling it's been hours and still I couldn't sleep. Mom and dad are probably dreaming by now and for the last hour I kept tossing and turning until I finally gave in.

The flyer was on my nightstand and for a minute I considered the option of attending the match.  Why not go? Ummm because it's dangerous and freaking eleven pm? Besides I haven't really asked mom and dad for  permission to go. But I'm eighteen so I'm an adult,I don't need their permission and I can't sleep and I don't want to spend my last days here as a couch potato, I need to do something different and exciting for a change. Should I go? Yup I'm definetly going.

I got up and ran to the closet, hmmm what to wear what to wear dark blue jeans, black top, and a black hoodie? Why not? It fits the occasion.  I wore my shoes quickly and hurrying outside my room.  Sneaking out felt a bit stupid since I'm basically an adult now but still the idea of getting caught by my parents was intimidating.

Angelica Morr what the heck are you doing? This is dangerous! I know but it's fun besides a lot of people are going to "The Underground" and I really don't want to leave this place with nothing but lame stories to tell, for once I want to have fun and break the rules. Well maybe I can break them when it's NOT eleven pm. Oh boy everybody's staring at me. I covered my face withe the hoodie and put my hands in my pockets. Soon I was walking alone to the address written on the flyer.

****

Okay here we are. Just breathe Angy.

"Ladies and gentlemen: TIGER!" the man spoke through the microphone and the crowd went wild.

"And on the other side a fighter with no soul and will beat you to death: LUCIFER!"

At this point everyone was screaming like crazy, do people really enjoy these matches? I watched as the fighter stepped in the spotlight and almost choked on air when he did.

Is.
That.
Dylan?!

What is he doing here?!

"GO DYLAN! DESTROY THAT LOSER!" a familiar voice said from beside me. I turnedarnd found Cameron standing just meters away from me. I swallowed and moved away as far as I could and made sure to cover my face with the hoodie. While making my way through the crowd, I looked carefully around searching for Luca because if Dylan and Cameron are here then he must be here too.

"And the winner is: LUCIFER!

The crowd was screaming and cheering while chanting his name over and over again but I wasn't focused on what was  happening all I wanted was to get out of there before they see me.

I moved around the people, this place was huge and I think I lost the exit because I've been walking in circles for the past two minutes. My head began to spin I couldn't even tell if I was breathing anymore.

"Hey watch it," someone howled when I bumped into them. Oh God it's Luca! I quickly looked down and fixed my hoodie so he won't see me.

"Hey do I know you?" he asked when I was trying to walk away,"Yo, I'm talking to you."

"Umm no,I don't think so."

"Luca!" another voice yelled. Thanfully, Luca turned around to look at Cameron who was standing with a girl in his arms.

"I'm running a little late so you and Dylan can leave without me."

Luca said something I didn't catch because I was too focused on getting out of there but a hand was placed on my mouth and started dragging me to the unknown. I tried my best to break free from his grip but failed miserably.  The stranger took me down to the locker room where we were all alone.

"You have go to be kidding me!" the guy yelled when he finally let me go, "You again?!"

"It's not like I, too, enjoy bumping into you!" I yelled back, "This my town! What are you doing here?!"

"My friends and I are in this championship and tonight the finales are hosted in this town that's why I'm here. Your turn."

"Well.... I love these kinda things and I've been dying for the town to hold such fights." I lied.

"Oh really?" Dylan questioned, "Strange how that I've never seen you around here before."

"Well that's because I like to lie down and keep a low profile."

"Yeah you're doing a great job by the way! Really sneaky!"

"Dylan?" Luca called.

"Fuck... quick hide," Dylan ordered.

"Where?!" I panicked.

He quickly opened a locker and pushed me inside. Great this place smells like gym socks and sweaty joggers, trying to breathe felt impossible because of how thick the air was. I need my inhaler but I couldn't take it out because of how narrow the locker was.

"What are you doing down here? You're missing out all the fun," Luca said.

"I'm just packing my stuff."

"Why?"

"Too tired to stay bro, maybe it's some flu I caught or something," Dylan lied. Man he's good.

"Oh damn, want me to come with you?" Luca asked.

"No no. It's all right don't worry about me,"

"Okay take care bro," Luca said before leaving.

When Dylan opened the locker's door, I quickly jumped out and almost dropped my inhaler; luckily I caught it just in time and brought it close to my lips after shaking it. Dylan just stared at me, I can tell he was waiting for an explanation.

"Asthma." I said in short. He didn't bother asking any further questions.

"Let's go whacko, we don't have all night," he ordered.

Usually, I would argue but considering he's  the only one who can get me out of here safely then I should follow him.

We were finally outside the building. "I can take it from here," I found myself saying.

Dylan just rolled his eyes,"Come on Angela God knows what stunt you'll pull off when I leave."

"Excuse me? Are you implying that I'm clumsy?'' I said trying to keep up with his pace.

"You ask a lot of questions Angela."

''No I don't."

"Sure."

Dylan asked for my address and I gave it to him and now a complete stranger, I met a few weeks ago during misfortune situations, knows my address. Good going Morr you just broke almost every rule when it comes to safety but when you think about it, Dylan isn't really a stranger maybe an acquaintance? An acquaintance you're way too comfortable around, a little voice pointed out. Shut up. Agh,why is he being so nice anyway? Last time I checked he was a cocky jerk. I'm way too overthinking this.

Apparently, I was too engulfed with my own thoughts that I didn't notice Dylan had stopped walking until I bumped into him. Again.

He looked at me over his shoulder while I mumbled an apology but Dylan just shook his head. Why am I so nervous around him?

"Is this where you live?" he asked.

"Yes, thank you for walking me here," I said before leaving.

"What not even a goodnight kiss? After all I deserve a little reward for saving you back there," Dylan spoke while I walked away. There's that cocky attitude I was talking about.

"Just because you helped me get out doesn't mean I owe you a kiss, a-hole."

"Well that a-hole saved your life, twice as I may recall."

I turned my back to face him,he was wearing that annoying smirk on his face.

"I was handling myself quite fine,thank you," I said with clutched fists.

"Oh yeah you had the whole thing under control that's why Luca was about to punch that pretty face of yours."

"Stop butting in and trying to save me like you are some kinda hero or something!"

"The fuck is your problem? Jesus is this how you thank people who help you out?"

I didn't noticed how close we were standing until I was staring directly into his gray eyes.

"God why can't you watch your mouth?"

"Oh I'm sorry I forgot that angel here is an innocent good girl who doesn't fucking cuss."

"I don't understand why it's bothering you this much that I don't curse!"

"Agh! Why are you so hard to talk to?!"

"Why are you such a jerk?!"

Dylan closed his eyes and breathed while I took a few steps back and tried to calm down.

"I just can't figure you out."

"I'm a person not a machine, you don't have to figure me out."

"Agh! Forget it I'm outta here."

"Seriously? Oh my God you're so childish," I said as I rolled my eyes.

"Not listening."

"Dylan! Get back here I'm not finished yet!"

"La dee da la dee doo da la dee dee," he sang as he kept walking away.

"Agh! Well fine be like that!"

I turned my back and started speedwalking towards the building.

"You know you walk like a penguin when you're angry."

"Shut up!" I yelled leaving him behind with his deep laughter to fill the night. Such a cocky devil.

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

786 79 62
deep down everyone has secrets , deep down everyone is in pain. some people are just better at hiding it or feel like pain is okay. a girl who seems...
Detachable De Dina Parks

Polițiste / Thriller

205 14 25
Losing someone or something is not a choice or something it's predicted. It just happens. You cannot know when it will happen. The worst part of it a...
418K 13.7K 46
WARNING: My book is literally filled with mistakes. It's everywhere, I am fixing it, even if it is at a slow pace. So please bear with me until all o...
75.2K 3.6K 45
"Won't you join the bath with me?" I tilt my head feigning innocence. He raises a brow coming closer leaning into me. "And why should I?" "Because...