Lilah and the President's Son

By Average_Queen

°•Read Info for information about the book•° ~Enjoy~ More

Info:
ONE: Zip lining and Chipotle
THREE: Alex and the Cheesy Fries

TWO: Mr and Mrs Wall with a deal

23 1 0
By Average_Queen

"MOM! DAD! DINNER!" I was to lazy to make dinner, so I ordered pizza instead. Two pepperoni pizzas to be exact! And maybe an order of bread sticks and a Pepsi...

They both come running down the stairs...wearing very nice clothes for a pizza-movie night in the basement.

"Why are you two all fancy tonight?" I ask, serving myself two slices of pizza on a paper plate. Mom is wearing a tight, sequins, midnight blue, floor length gown. It has a slit in the back of her dress, showing her black heels, which I have to say look rather dashing. She is wearing her expensive necklace that is covered in diamonds with her matching earrings and bracelet. And of course, dad is wearing a black and white suit with a tie that matches the color of my mom's dress, and silver cuff links.

"Your father and I are going to go see a play tonight and go out for dinner," She smiles up at my father, giving him a look I haven't seen her give him in a long time. Love.

"Lilah, you have the house until 1am. No parties and no strippers," Dad looks at me sternly.

I smile. "What kind of person do you think I am for inviting strippers to the house dad? " I ask, frowning.

"I don't know. The last time we left you alone in the house, you dyed your hair purple," Mom laughs, holding up her dark blue clutch. Ahhh, I remember the day I bought her that clutch for Christmas, I wanted to go all out, so I bought her a Coach clutch and stuffed it with $50 dollar gift cards to her favorite restaurants.

"Hey! I was ten and it seemed like a good thing to do!" I smile, taking a bite out of my pizza. Heavenly goodness, ughhh my mouth has been blessed.

"You dyed the whole bathroom sink and bathtub purple!" Dad laughs, holding his stomach.

"Don't forget her eyebrows," Mom points. Great...now with the eyebrows.

"Gosh, those were the worst," Dad sighs as he rakes his fingers through his freshly gelled hair.

"Hey! I didn't know how to shape eyebrows! So I did the closest thing I could," I laugh.

"You drew a line. You shaved all your eyebrows off and drew a thin, black line for eyebrows," Mom sighs, smiling.

"Can't blame her honey, she does get it from you," Dad laughs, Mom smacks him lightly on the shoulder.

"So, what time do you guys have to be at the play?" I ask, looking at the time. It was 6:35 p.m. Dad looks down at his watch, his eyes popping out of his head.

"Crap! Honey, we have to go now!" Dad kisses my forehead and took Mom's hand.

"See you later sweetie, love you!" They both leave me in the house alone. I know exactly what I am going to do for the next 7 and a half hours.

----

"I promise."

"Never let go."

"I promise. I will never let go Jack, I'll never let go."

A silent tear rolls down my face as I stuff my mouth with popcorn, trying to silence my quiet sniffles and sobs. That didn't quite work, because I end up choking on a kernel. I grab my Pepsi next to me on the end table and washed the kernel down. Still choking.

"Jack."

Jack was still.

"Oh, Jack!"

Rose closes her eyes...all hope leaving her body. And then...she snaps her eyes open. She tries to call for the lifeboats 10-12ft away.

"Help." Her voice was too weak.

"I won't let go. I promise." She breaks Jack's hand off of hers and he sinks into the water.

I silently cry and pray that she would live. Even though I have watched this movie a million times. SPOILER! SHE LIVES!

When the movie was over, I walk my butt upstairs to clean my dishes. I was about halfway up the stairs when I step on something fuzzy.

"What the-"

*HISS*

"OW!"

I look down and see that I have stepped on my Mom's cats tail. Her name is Fluffy and she is a black Persian cat with green eyes. She looks highly pissed that I had stepped on her tail and I probably look highly pissed, because she scratched me.

"Maybe you should've moved Fluffy, then I wouldn't have stepped on your tail."

She make a groaning sound.

"I'll still cook you and feed you to the coyote's at the zoo."

*HISS*

I stuck my tongue out at her.

Wow Lilah, really smart, arguing with a cat...nice.

Oh shut up!

Oh no honey, don't you dare tell me to shut up.

I can do what ever the hell I want, it's fucking America!

Not in your head

Bitch!

Jerk!

Don't you dare go all Supernatural on me!

I can do whatever the fuck I want!

NO YOU FUC-

My mind argument gets cut off by the telephone ringing. I slowly walk into the kitchen and walk toward the phone. I grab it off its holder and look at the caller ID....Its an unknown number. This better not be a prank call...

I answer up the phone.

"Hello?"

"Hi, is Mr. Wall there?"

"Um..no."

"Can I speak with Mrs. Wall, then?"

"Sorry, Mrs. Wall does not live here."

"Well..." They stop talking for a moment.

"Is Harry Wall there?" They ask.

"No, there are no Walls here, sorry."

"Then may I ask, what is holding up your house?"

I was quiet.

"Who is this?" I ask, as the person on the other line was dying of laughter.

"YOUR BEST FUCKING FRIEND EVER!" Kate yells.

"Kate, what was the point of that?" I smile, heading to my room.

"For fun, duh," She giggles.

I sigh. "Why did you call?"

"Um...because," I know she is hiding something. She always does this when she knows she would get in trouble or make me upset.

"Kate, what did you do," I say as I flop down on my bed. I notice how messy my room is...great.

"Lilah, don't get mad. Mitch is fine with it, I hope you are too," She states sadly.

"Kate. what did you do? I won't get mad, just tell me," I ask.

"I kinda, sorta signed you, Mitch and I in some kinda competition for three tickets to go to the Summer Ball in D.C. this summer," She squeaks.

"What kind of competition?" I ask, slowly.

"Umm...some kinda writing competition. It asks questions like, 'Why do you think you should get these tickets?' 'What is your grade point average?' 'What is your favorite color?' Stuff like that!" She laughs.

"That sounds easy, when is it due," I ask.

"That's the thing," She states slowly. "Its due tomorrow."

"What?" I croak.

"Yeah, I will forward you the paper and Mitch and I will come over in a few to help you fill it out. I guess we will see you in a bit," She says, then hung up.

Well there went my plans for bringing strippers over.

----

I really need to clean my room. It looks like a bomb dropped in here...

Clothes are thrown everywhere, my bed isn't made, soda cans are piling up in a corner, my window needs to be cleaned even the plants on my window sill needs to be watered.

And the torture begins.

I start by doing a load of laundry, because all of the clothes on my floor are dirty and old...It takes awhile because somehow the washer got backed up by a pair of my Mom's underwear. When I fixed that issue, I went on to another issue, which was cleaning my window. That was...horrifying, first with all the dead flies, and the spider, which I swear was dead, that started crawling up my wall. After I finished running around in circles, I threw stuff at it, hoping I would kill it. But, instead I broke a few CDs and cracked my phone. It was traumatizing. After that, I watered my little, cute cactus plants and made my bed.

After I finish the terrible, horrible chores, I decide to mess around on my phone...I notice I had missed three calls from Kate and got 12 new text messages. Six are from Kate and four are from Mitch, the other two are from an unknown number. Huh...that's new...

Unknown: Hey

Unknown: It's Ace from Ski Resort.

Me: Hey!

Ace: What's up?

Me: Nothing, just got done cleaning my room. You?

Ace: I just got done with my shift at work. Boring as all hell...would you want to hang out sometime?

Me: ...sure, where?

Ace: Um...bowling? Or ice skating?

Me: I've never been ice skating before...

Ace: Ice skating it is!

Me: If I fall and break something, you are paying for my hospital visit AND for the food

Ace: I'll do that when I stop laughing

Me: Jerk

Ace: Nope

Me: Yup

Ace: Clearly I am no jerk, because I just asked you to hang out with me. You are the jerk, because you didn't ask first.

Me: Women are not supposed to ask men out, the men do it.

Ace: It's the 21st Century Lilah, women can do whatever the hell they want.

Me: Good, that means I can change my mind about going ice skating with you.

Ace: You wouldn't.

Me: Try me.

Ace: Okay, how about you go ice skating with me, and if you don't enjoy it, you don't have to hang out with me ever again. Deal?

Me: Deal.

After I sent that message, I threw my phone by my pillows. I needed to clear my mind, so I stalked over to my bookshelf and picked up a random book. Huh, I had to choose If I Stay, awesome.  I read the back of the book while making my way to the small sofa by my window. I threw a blanket on my legs and relaxed into the soft cushions on the couch. 

I probably sat there reading for a good thirty minutes, before I heard the doorbell ring. I threw my book on my couch and slowly walked downstairs. I heard the doorbell ring again, and again, and again.

"I'm coming, I'm coming. Hold your horses," I breathed, I looked through the peep-hole and saw Kate and Mitch shuffling on the porch, trying to keep warm. I smiled, wanting to torture them a bit longer.

Kate started banging on the door. "Lilah, open the fucking door! Mitch and I are going to freeze out here!" She yelled.

"What's the password!" I shouted in a deep, manly voice. She'll never guess it!

"Are you serious!" She cried.

"I am as serious as Severus Snape."

"Ugh! Fine, it's Magnus Bane," she moaned.

"Nope."

"Shadowhunters?"

"No."

"Fried chicken?"

"Ew, no."

"Pies? Dean the squirrel? Sam the moose? Cas the angel? Jared's luscious locks? WHAT THE HELL IS IT!"

"Nope, nope, nopety, nope, and I love Jared's locks."

"I know, right? Like, can I have his hair please?"

"Same! But, no."

"Tugging my ear whenever?"

"YES, but no."

"Ugh! Luce and Daniel forever?"

"Yes forever, and nope."

"What the fuck! Is it love is a disease?"

"DELIRIA HELL YEAH BITCH!"

"I KNOW! ALEX AND LENA FOREVER!"

"But, no."

"Ugh, please tell me."

"You're close."

"Please."

"Correct."

I opened the door to see a fuming Kate and Mitch, who was doubled over laughing.

"That was so funny," She laughed out.

"No, it wasn't! We could have froze to death!" Kate screamed.

"Kate, its 63 degrees, we wouldn't have froze," Mitch calmed down and entered. With Kate following slowly behind her, giving me a glare.

"So, the mission is?" Mitch asked, taking off her muddy boots.

"Getting the whole writing thingy done by tonight," I sighed, shutting the door .

We made our way up the stairs to my room. When I entered, I praised myself for doing a good job cleaning my room. 

"Wow! Your room is so clean!" Kate yelled, hoping onto my bed.

"It took me practically an hour to clean," I groaned, pulling my laptop out.

"Huh, well you did a good job," Mitch frowned. "Better than I could do."

I signed into my email and noticed a bunch of unopened emails. A few from Bath and Body works and American Eagle, the other was from Kate.

I opened the document and read through it, getting used to the questions.

"Okay, the first question, how many of you are signing up?"

"Three, Lilah Lucas, Mitchel Phillips and Kaitlyn James."

"Second, What school do you go to?"

"That's easy, Waterbrook High School."

"What is your grade point average?"

"Lilah 3.8, Mitch 3.5, Kate 3.2."

"What activities are you in at your school?"

"Lilah: Band and Choir. Mitch: None.. Kate: Dance team."

"Favorite subjects in school?"

"Lilah: Choir, because she loves to sing and play piano. Mitch: Science, because she loves how interesting the world is. Kate: Foods, because she loves eating and making food."

"Grade in school?"

"All in 11th."

"Have you ever been to D.C."

"Lilah: Once on a field trip in eighth grade. Mitch: Never. Kate: Twice to visit family."

"What made you decide to sign up for the Summer Ball tickets giveaway?"

"We all wanted to be able to see what the Ball was about and to experience how life is in D.C. We also wanted to be able to visit museums and monument's there, as a learning and cultural experience. We think, no, we know, we will be perfect for this giveaway, because we love learning more about our country and love meeting new people. We hope you take us into consideration, hopefully we see you at the Summer Ball! From, Lilah, Mitch and Kate."

----

It took us about two hours to edit the crap out of the paper, it sucked. Along with my laptop crashing every thirty minutes and having to restart, which took about an hour, the total time was three hours and thirty minutes.

"Wow, I am so glad we are done with that," Kate yawned while stretching. We all mumbled our agreements.

"You sent it, right?" Mitch asked, spinning around in my chair.

"Yeah," I croaked, my throat seemed really dry. I glanced over at the my clock on my night stand, wow...it's really 12:55am...

"Hey, what time are your parents coming home?" Kate asked, flipping through a book of mine.

"I have no clue..um...1 maybe, 1:30," I said, while I grabbed my phone. I missed 17 messages. All of them from Ace.

Ace: Hello?

Ace: Its

Ace: Me

Ace: U dead?

Ace: What are you doning?

Ace: Doing**

Ace: lol

Ace: Do you still want to go ice skating with me? Or nah?

Ace: Are you ignoring me?

Ace: Lilah, please answer me!

Ace: I am going to find you.

Ace: Okay, I am driving.

Ace: Okay, I am lost. Just wondering, do you want anything at Wal-Mart? I stopped to ask for directions.

Ace: Okay, I left and I ran into your friends, they said they were going to your house to do a project. Can I come? Please! I'll be good!

Ace: Okay, well, I kinda followed them to your house...I know, I know, I am a stalker, but you weren't answering me back, I wanted to know if you are okay :)

Ace: Just wanted to say, your house is beautiful! I love the flowers in the front yard.

Ace: Can you let me in? I am still outside.

I looked at Mitch and Kate who shrugged at me. I glared at them. They glared back.

"You guys didn't tell me you ran into Ace at Wal-Mart!" I grumbled.

Kate and Mitch shared a look.

"Um, because we didn't know him?"

"Well, you talked to him."

"Yeah, so?"

"Why didn't you tell me!"

"We didn't know you two had a thing!"

"We don't, but he followed you guys here."

"WHAT!?"

"Yup, here, I am messaging him now." They crowed around me as I messaged him back.

Me: Your a freaking stalker, soooooo I am not letting you in.

Ace: Please!!!!!

Me: No!

Ace: Hey, do you have a cat?

Me: ...yes

Ace: I think it escaped.

Me: WHAT!!!!!!

Ace: Yeah, it's on your front porch. I needa go, so, I'll see you later...

Me: Okay, bye!

I quickly ran out of my room and flew down the stairs. Stay where you are Fluffy, Lilah's coming! I rushed to the front door and ripped it open. First, I noticed that my mom's cat wasn't there, second, I saw a bouquet of white and pink lilies sitting on the door mat. There was maybe thirty or forty of them.

I picked them up slowly, but carefully. They were really pretty..wait, how did he know that lilies were my favorite flower...oh well, lucky guess maybe. I picked the card out of its holder and smiled while reading it:

Dear Lilah,

Can't wait to go ice skating with you! We'll go after school on Wednesday, dress warm! :)

Ace

I rolled my eyes, still smiling, I went to take the flowers in the house, but stopped when I heard someone clear their throat.

I turned and there he stood, wearing a bad ass leather jacket, a brown, v-neck sweater with a grey under shirt peeking out and low riding jeans. Did I mention his boots? Well, I am going to mention them...tHEY ARE FREAKING COWBOY BOOTS! HOW HOT IS THAT!? His dark hair was ruffled and sexy and his dark blue eyes...ugh Lord bless his soul, he is the hottest Earthling that ever walked this planet.

"Ace? I thought you left?" I stared, shaking the weird thoughts from my head. 

"Nah, I wanted to see you," He smiled, while walking toward me slowly.

"Why? You saw me earlier today," I looked behind me and saw Mitch and Kate walking down the stairs. Mitch caught my eye and winked at me, I blushed.

"Can I not come and see you?" He held his hand to his chest, acting like I hurt him.

"I don't know," I turned back around and saw Kate and Mitch walking toward us. Shit

They both smiled while opening the screen door, they looked back in forth from me to Ace, then from Ace to me. Mitch grinned, looking proud, while Kate looked like she wanted to do something to embarrass me. 

"Hi guys!" Kate smirked. Fuck, I am so dead. She looked at me and said, "Mitch and I are going to go, thanks for helping us finish up our project, Lilah," She winked at me and smiled.

"No problem," I winked back. Maybe not...

"So, I guess Mitch and I will see you two cuties at school Monday!" Kate and Mitch walked away, leaving Ace and I alone on the porch.

Before Kate got into her car, she winked at me, then yelled, "Make sure you two use protection! I don't want to be an aunt quite yet!" 

I blushed while Ace looked very uncomfortable. I watched as they drove away, I bit my lip, wishing I was anywhere but here.

"Um, do you want to come in?" I tried to break through the awkwardness, struggling to hold the door open and making sure the flowers don't fall.

"Yeah, sure," He noticed me struggling and held the door so I could go in.

"Thanks," I mumbled shyly.

"No problem," He walked in after me, staring at the house.

"Whoa."

 I set the flowers on the small table in the entry way, letting him look around the entry way/living area.  I noticed how dusty the side tables were and how dusty my Mom's cedar chest is...great...another cleaning day is in my near future...

"So, what have you been doing?" He asked, plopping down on my Dad's favorite white, leather sofa, I didn't want to sit next to him, so I went to the other side of the room, thankfully, Dad bought two sofa's, I walked to the one on the other side of the room., I did not want to lose my train of thought while sitting next to his hot, good smelling body...

"Nothing, I just got done helping Kate and Mitch with their project," I sighed, running my fingers through my nappy hair. "Would you like some water or something?" I asked, standing up, while making my way to the kitchen.

"Uh, Coke and tequila please," He yawned, while folding his hands behind his head, he kicked his legs up on the coffee table.

I looked at him.

"Sorry, no under age drinking here," I frowned, walking the rest of the way to the kitchen. I heard him get up and follow me a few seconds after I left.

"So, what was the project about?" He asked, hoping onto the counter.

"Umm." Come on Lilah, think, think! "Safety of diapers," I lied. I fucked that up.

"Huh, for what class?" He smirked. I wanted to hit that smirk right off his gorgeous face.

"Parenting class," I guessed, grabbing two glass cups out of the cupboard.

"Interesting," he smiled. "What classes do you take next semester?"

"Uh," I struggled trying to think back to my classes. "First, Chem. Second, Choir. Third, Geometry. Forth, Gym. Fifth, History. Sixth, Foods. Seventh, Multimedia and eighth Homeroom," I yawned, while filling the cups up. "What about you?"

"That's easy. First, Chem. Second, Study Hall. Third, Geometry. Forth, Gym. Fifth, History. Sixth, Multimedia. Seventh Woods and eighth Homeroom." He smiled. "Well, looks like we have five classes together."

I smiled. "Hopefully you are good at math, because I suck at numbers and letters," I laughed.

"But math is so easy!" He yelled, laughing. I handed him his water, he took it gratefully and started to sip on it.

"Not for me," I commented, taking a sip of my water.

"Then I'll help you," He smiled and hoped off the counter. "So, what is there to do for fun here?" He asked, rubbing his hands together. 

"Nothing," I shrugged, walking into the dinning room. I set my cup on the table, he followed and did the same. 

"Hmmm, come on, there has got to be something fun to do," He grinned, his bright eyes sparkling with mischief.  

"If you count reading and watching movie fun," I laughed.

"Come on, then! Let's go watch a movie!" He grabbed my arm and tried to lead me to the living room.

"No! Come on, let's do something else," I offered, but it was no use.

"Nope, we are watching a movie," He picked me up and threw me over his shoulder. 

"ACE!" I shrieked, hitting his back. "PUT ME DOWN!"

"No, we are going to watch a movie."

"Ace, it's, like 1:30am-wait," Wait....if its 1:30am-

"Lilah," Ace set me down and looked me over with worried eyes. "What is it?" 

My answer was cut off by my parents coming through the door.

"Oh, Lilah!" Oh no.

Ace and I shared a look before I went into panic mode.

"Oh shit!" I pushed him toward the backdoor. "You have to go, now. Go. Go hide! NOW ACE! THIS IS NO TIME TO BE SLOW! MOVE YOUR ASS!" 

"But, don't you love my ass," He pouted as he walked out the back door. 

"No, now go!"

He grinned and turned to walk away, but before he left, he yelled, "DEEZ NUTS!"  I felt all the color drain from my face as I slammed the door shut.  

"Lilah! Lilah! We are home! And I heard nuts! Can I have some? You know momma loves her nuts!" My Mom shouted cheerfully through the entryway.

"I know Mom," I sighed, walking into the living room to see my Mom sprawled out on the couch.

"Hehe, Harold your such a doll!"" Mom giggled, I looked at Dad confused.

"Who is Harold?" I asked Dad, I raised my eyebrows suspiciously. 

I knew Mom was drunk., with her hair being a mess and her constant fit of giggles, it wasn't hard to figure out. Dad on the other hand, was sober, and tired. Really tired.

"Your mother is a bit tipsy, could you help her to our room, please? While I clean up?" Dad asked, rubbing his hand over his face. 

"Sure thing Pops," I took Mom's soft hand and lead her to the stairs.

"Okay Mom, first step. Up and down. Good!" She stumbled a bit up the stairs, but other than that, we made it up safely. I , on the other hand, was stumbling. I almost lost my footing and fell down the stairs. 

When we reached hers and Dad's room, she erupted into a fit of giggles and threw herself on the bed.

"Mom?" I walked toward her quaking body. "You okay?"

"It's just," She started laughing again.

"Mom."

"I c-c-can't b-b-b-breathe," She breathed out between waves of laughter.

"Mom, what is it?"

 She sat up and looked deep into my eyes. She looked really scary, like 'I'm gonna kill someone' scary. And she said ever so seriously, "You were made on this bed."

"Um...I really didn't want to know that Mom," I responded, wanting to leave.

"Oh, it's fine darling. Everyone does it," She smiled. "I am even going to hit it with the old man later tonight," She whispered and winked at me. "Hopefully I don't throw my back out..."

"EW! MOM I DON"T NEED TO KNOW THAT!" I yelled.

"Oh, yes you do! So you know how to treat your husband after a long day at work! First it starts with the massage, then you go in for the kiss, then you go onto the next level, french kissing. Next the clothes start coming off and it gets all hot and sexy-"

"MOM! STOP! YOUR RUINING MY INNOCENCE!" I screamed, covering my hands over my ears.

"Honey, you are so not innocent!" She yelled. "I saw that boy in here, earlier. Before you took me here." She smiled at my horrified face.

"Mom, I can explain," I stammered.

"I know, and I don't care. He can come over as long as he wants, but you need to be safe, use protection. You know what, I am buying you birth control...hmm, but other than that he is good. But, if he hurts you, tell him Momma bear will come and get him and then that will be the end of him."

"He wouldn't Mom," I tried to hide my smile.

"Good."

Dad walked in.

"What did I miss? I heard yelling."

"You missed Mom telling me how you guys are going to hit it hard tonight," I snickered as Dad's face turned a deep shade of red. "Don't break anything kids, I'll be in the other room," I grinned as Dad turned another deep shade of red.

I walked to my room silently, wanting to go to bed. Before I turned on the lights, I felt someone grab my waist. I went to scream, but a hand covered my mouth. I bit the intruders hand and stumbled away from the person. 

"Jesus Lilah, it's just me," I heard Ace laughing. "And did you really have to bite me?"

"Yes!" I yelled, going to turn on the lights. "You're such a jerk," I shoved him, laughing.

"I'm offended!" He gasped.

I grinned and sat down on my bed.

"So, what are you sill doing here?" I asked, making my way to my bed.

In the pale light of my room, his features looked angelic, which was hot and beautiful. His cheekbones looked more defined, his eye shone like stars in the night sky, his lips looked pale and kissable, his dark hair even looked softer. I wonder what it would feel like to run my fingers through his hair...

I immediately stopped thinking when I noticed he was staring at me.

"Do I have something on my face?" He asked, his bright eyes searching mine. Crap...he noticed me staring.

"No, your good," I smiled.

"And I am still here, because I wanted to tell you goodnight," He looked shy. Which was cute.

"Well, night," I smiled and hugged him. "Thanks for coming over."

I felt him sigh and wrap his arms around my waist, his arms around my waist felt normal, felt like they belonged there which sent shivers up my spine. "No problem."

I smiled and looked up at him. He smelt like metal and Axe. I am so buying Axe and spraying my pillows with it.

"I'll see you later Lilah," He whispered, looking down at me.

He slowly let go of my waist and made his way to my window, I followed behind him. He opened my window and slide his legs out. 

"Wait, what are you doing!" I shouted.

"I'm getting out," He gave me the what do you think I'm doing tone.

"Well. Be careful," I said gently while he dangled from my window by his arms.

He laughed quietly and dropped from my window.

I rushed to my window to see if he was dead or not. He was perfectly fine, thank God!

When he noticed me, he smiled and took a bow. I laughed and waved goodbye. He did a small wave and turned to run to his car. I watched him until he disappeared into the darkness of my front yard. 

Why is he so hot? I smiled at the thought of us going out, I shook my head, that will never happen. He is so beautiful, he wouldn't go out with me. Me. Lilah, the girl who is so abnormally normal. The quiet, lonely girl at school. The girl who skips lunch just to go to the music room to play piano, and sometimes sing. He's fresh, while I'm stale. He's something new, while I am something old.

I shook my head and headed for my dresser across my room in the closet. I pulled open the drawers and dug through the clothes, trying to find some pajamas. After a few seconds of digging, I found a plaid, brown and red pair of boxers and one of my old shirts from middle school. The shirt said: Go Tigers! 2013.

After I got ready for bed, I curled up on my couch, wanting to finish If I Stay. I cuddled next to the arm of the couch, a blanket thrown over my legs and a warm cup of coffee on the side table next to my couch. It was probably 4:30am when I started to drift off into sleep. I yawned and turned over, when I heard my book fall on the floor with a soft thump, I sighed.

I closed my eyes, and the first thing that pops behind my eye lids is darkness. Then, like going down a roller coaster, I felt my mind drop into an abyss of pointless, tired thoughts. I saw colors dancing behind my eyelids. Flashes of Kate's face, Mitch's face and Ace's face. My last thought before I fell into a deep sleep was an unfamiliar face of a red haired girl that looked almost blonde.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53.4M 379K 66
Stay connected to all things Wattpad by adding this story to your library. We will be posting announcements, updates, and much more!
49.8K 2.8K 66
When shrivi goes home after a long time. Who doesn't have her parents' love and family's love for some reason. She had support from her grandmother...
55.9K 606 26
Catching Fire - Mockingjay Part 2 Once you're put in that arena, you're locked in forever. Emmeline Whitlock was the Victor of the 68th Hunger Games...