The Spy in the School

By Kaywatt123

Destiny Andrews is a pathetic girl. She is shy, lonely, and has no friends. Zach's mission is to collect as m... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Epilogue
Alternative Epilogue
Author's note
New Story
Deleted Scene
300K reads!

Chapter 43

4.4K 155 28
By Kaywatt123

~~Chapter 43~~

When Zach and I got to the car, it was 3:47. Zach pulled out, and we were off again for a three hour drive. The heat was on, but I was still chilly without my jacket.

"Don't listen to him, Destiny. He's not worth crying over." He said softly. I shook my head.

"He meant what he said, Zach." I said, wiping away a tear. He was silent after that, but pulled over to the side of the road.

After turning the car off, he turned to me. Now that the heat was off, I was kind of cold. I watched as he unbuckled his seat belt, then mine.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Here, put your head on my lap, sweetie." Zach said, pulling me down gently. I did as he told me and rested my head on his legs. "I know you don't want to cry in front of me, Destiny. But for right now I want you to just let it all out, okay?"

I thought for a moment, then continued to sob. Zach was quiet, and he rubbed my back as I cried.

I don't know how long we stayed like that, but it felt wonderful.

Finally, I was done crying, and Zach was stroking my hair as I stayed silent. After another minute, I sat back up in my seat. Zach pulled out a tissue box from the back of the car and handed it to me. I nodded at him, then pulled one out and wiped my tears away.

Zach started the car again and left the side of the road. We drove in silence again, but an hour later he pulled into a restaurant to eat.

We got out of the car and Zach hurried over to me.

"Here, put this on." He told me, taking his jacket off and putting it on my shoulders.

"Zach, you really don't have to do that. I'll be fine."

"No, Destiny, just put it on. I don't want you getting sick." He said.

"But what about you?" I asked, slipping my arms into his sleeves.

"I'll be fine. I have a good immune system."

I nodded, then followed him into the restaurant. Right away, a man seated us in a booth and told us that he would be right back. As we waited, I took off Zach's jacket and set it on my lap.

We both opened our menus and waited for our waiter. When he came back, we gave him our drink orders, and he told us that he would be right back. He did, then set our drinks in front of us.

"So, what can I get you two lovebirds tonight?"

My eyes immediately snapped to Zach in surprise, but he just smirked at me.

"I'll have the spaghetti." He said, showing no surprise after what the waiter had said.

"Me t-too." I told him softly. He smiled, then walked away with our orders. When I faced forward again, I realized that Zach was staring at me intensely.

"Hi." I said shyly. He laughed a little.

"Hey there. Do you feel better?" He asked. I nodded a little.

"I think so."

"Well tell me if you need me to do something for you."

"Okay."

It was silent after that, and our waiter had brought us our food. As we finished eating, our waiter came back to give us the check.

"Have a good night, guys." He told us.

When we were done, I asked Zach if I could pay this time.

"No way." He told me seriously.

"I'm serious Zach, you always do so much for me. It's not fair."

He leaned forward, and stared at me.

"I don't pay to be unfair to you. I pay because I want to."

I was silent after that, and soon we got out of our seats and walked to the exit. Zach took the jacket that was in my hands and helped me put it on. I blushed a little, thinking that it was so sweet. He opened the door, and we hurried to his car, trying to avoid the cold. When we were inside, Zach started the car and pulled out, continuing our long drive. After another half hour or so, my eyes were drooping a little, and eventually, I drifted off to sleep.

I woke up to being thrown forward in my seat. My eyes opened in time to see a deer run right in front of the car. Zach was braking hard, but the ice made us slide right into the deer.

There was a big thump, and the car stopped. I looked over at Zach, terrified, and he faced me.

"Are you okay?" He asked urgently. I nodded, but tears built up in my eyes. I wasn't hurt, but I was scared.

"Now what?" I asked him. He sighed, then opened the car door.

"Now I'm going to check the damage and call the police. And you're going to stay right here." Zach told me. He noticed my tears, and he leaned forward. He brushed a piece of hair out of my face, then put his lips on my cheek.

"It will be alright, sweetie."

I nodded, blushing dark red.

"Take your jacket." I said, pulling it off me and handing it to him. He took it and slid it on.

"Thanks."

I waited in the car as Zach went around to the front and checked out the damage. Then he went over to the dead deer and pulled him by his antlers to the side of the road. He pulled out his phone and called someone, probably the police. When he finished, he shut his phone and got back into the car.

"So now what?" I asked.

"Well the police are on their way, but we do have to get towed. It's a nice buck, so they can give me a tag to keep it."

"Oh, well there's some good news." I told him. He laughed a little.

"Yeah, I guess we've both had a rough day now, haven't we?"

I nodded, then sat back in the warm car.

Ten minutes later, the police arrived. They mainly checked out the damage, and they let me stay in the car because I didn't have a jacket. Eventually a tow truck came, and I transferred from Zach's car to a police car. Zach was handed a green slip, and it was tied to the deer. He and a policeman hauled it to the tow truck and put it inside. Soon after, Zach joined me in the back of the police car.

"I feel like I'm being arrested." I told him, a little frightened. He smiled a little, then grabbed my hand tightly, which caused me to blush again. The police drove us to the nearest hotel, since they couldn't drive us all the way back to school.

We were dropped off, and we would have to rent a car tomorrow. Zach gave his jacket to me again, and I slipped it on, wanting to avoid the freezing weather. Zach checked us in, and we were given a key for a room and some toothbrushes, toothpaste, and combs.

As we settled into the room, I brushed my teeth in the bathroom, and Zach did after me. When we were done, I turned on the TV and watched some television shows. It was 9:30, but I was still a little tired.

"So do we have to miss school tomorrow?" I asked. Zach nodded.

"Yeah, probably. At least most of it."

"Well, that's not entirely a bad thing." I told him.

"Yeah, I'm always looking for an excuse to miss school."

I laughed a little, but I think Zach could tell that I wasn't in a laughing mood. He walked over and sat down next to me, then put his arm around my waist and pulled me into a hug. I hugged him back, putting my arms around his neck and my face in his shoulder. Zach rubbed up and down my back with his hand, comforting me.

Eventually I pulled away, but Zach grabbed my waist again. Slowly he leaned down to kiss my cheek, causing me to flush red. I looked down, and Zach gently brought his hand to my cheek, turning my face towards him. I stared at him as he glanced down at my lips, then leaned closer. Was he going to kiss me? My first kiss? His face was only a few inches away, and he was tilting his head a little. I stared at him as he neared closer, leaving about a centimeter of space between our lips. I waited, but suddenly Zach stopped. He took a deep breath, then pulled away from me.

"I'm so sorry Destiny." He said, standing up.

"Zach, what's wrong?" I asked, concerned.

"I shouldn't have done that. I promise that it will never happen again. It was a mistake."

As I listened to Zach's words, I felt my heart tear in two. Suddenly a tear fell down my eye.

"Mistake?" I asked, my voice breaking. Zach turned around quickly.

"No! Not like that! That's not what I meant!"

"Am I really that horrible, Zach?" I asked him, putting my face into my hands.

"No, of course not!" He said, coming to sit by me again. "It's just that I want your first kiss to be with someone special, and I can't do that for you." I stared at him in shock.

"Zach, you were the one who wanted to give me my first kiss. Remember that?" I asked him.

"That was then. Things change, and now I think I care for you too much."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"It means that if we would kiss it would mean something completely different to me than what it would have a few weeks ago."

I stared at him in shock, but didn't say anything at first. Finally I turned my head to the wall in front of me.

"Zach, I haven't known you for a long time. But since your first day here you've been nothing but nice, sweet, and caring to me. I've never had a friend like that before, and I've never been as close to anyone as I have been to you." I took a deep breath, then continued. "I just want to let you know that I wouldn't be kissing a random guy. I would be kissing someone who meant everything to me. And if I had to pick anyone to be my first kiss, it would definitely be you."

It was quiet for a moment, but Zach finally broke the silence.

"I didn't know I was that important to you." He said quietly. "And someday, when you're ready, I will be happy to give you your first kiss." He added. I nodded on thanks.

"Well we should probably be going to sleep now." I said awkwardly. Zach nodded and got off the bed, walking to the other one. I pulled the covers down on mine and slid in, and so did he.

"Good night, Destiny."

"Good night, Zach."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

9/12/13

Sorry for not updating for a long time, School started, and I've been busy.

I know I'm a day late, but 12 years ago yesterday, thousands of people died in an act of terrorism. Please keep the 9/11 victims in your thoughts and prayers. I would just like to take a moment to thank all the brave men and women who are fighting for our country.

Thank you, and thanks for reading! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

161K 7.7K 48
Destiny Taylor, a senior in high school who's focused on finishing her last 3 months of school always been picked on because she's quiet and unbother...
72.9K 1.3K 45
Destiny Palmer...she seems like your normal teenage girl, but she's far from that. Now that's because she gets bullied, by some of the Magcon boys. A...
1.5M 25.9K 38
Rachelle and Trent grew up together. When Trent reached the age of sixteen, their family decided to move and transfer them into a new school. A lot o...
52.3K 1.5K 14
Destiny is a 13 year old who is waiting to be adopted. No one wants to adopt her, for she is "weird" and tends to sneak out in the middle of the nigh...