Unexpected Outcomes

Af Vegvisir

Assassin Creed Syndicate Female reader insert fanfic Based loosely on one of the missions within the game. Mere

Unexpected Outcomes
Several weeks later
Later
Lambeth Asylum
A cold December night
A night at the theatre
The Train Hideout
Evie's angry
A surprise Visitor
Boredom
Into the blinding darkness
Until Tomorrow
You surprise me Jacob
Excuse the mess
Jacob will Understand
The girl's not stupid Jacob
Forgive me?
Lets go and finish this
A hell of a day

Don't be ludicrous

2.1K 52 32
Af Vegvisir

Eight months later

Eight months or so had passed and over that time you had become pretty much inseparable from Jacob. The two of you choosing to spend most of your days lazily together and when his work allowed him to,  your nights slightly more actively.

Times with him brought a simplistic and undivided brightness to your previous grey and arduous life, he picked you up when you felt down, made you laugh when you wanted to cry and most importantly, he craved nothing more than your company in return.

The last few months had been a complete head spinning whirlwind as far you were concerned. Jacob intoxicated you on a level you'd never felt before, he'd shown you what it was to laugh and like living once again and dare you admit it,  even if it was only just to yourself for now......love? You just couldn't get enough of your gang leader and dearly hoped he felt some fraction of adoration for you as you did for him. If you'd allow yourself time  to indulge........you'd become giddily happy.

The Twelve Bells Pub, Whitechapel

The hazy August early evening heat brought with it a hot and bothered restlessness inside Jacob's regular that evening. A rough spit and sawdust kind of place, located deep within the jaded veins of Whitechapel's back streets, it had somehow become the place gang members gathered of late. A place where others never judged nor assumed and where a blind eye was turned more often than not. The liberty and unlawfulness it harboured meant  the Rooks had long since adopted it as their place of choice to relax, gain acceptance and form firm kinships.

Large wooden, liquor stained tables scarred with the names of those who'd sat there previously, entertained the ale soaked Rooks who slumped at them, each one of them drunkly bawling and mewing some dusted melody that carried from a painfully flat piano situated some way off. it's discordant yet enthusiastic harmony rang loudly above the dirtied, sordid buzz of the place. Shit and dirt aside, you loved the place.

"Ere!" Mary sighed as she slammed two pewter tankards nosily down on the small battered table in front of you. Her force sent the frothy head of your ale messily down the outside pooling on the wooden surface.  "I 'ope you bleedin choke on em an'all"

You lifted your lips from Jacob's ear and giggled lightly, both sharing a private joke whilst sat comfortably across his lap. 

"Did I ever tell you, that I loved you dearly Mary?" You grinned happily as Jacob tightened his hold slightly around your waist.

"Look at yer!......It's disgustin!" She hummed teasingly "you two..... Pawing over each other the way you do all the bloody time...... No one should be that happy!....it's a public outrage the way you two carry on you know, no public decency, I may get offended by your display"

Casting your head back you laughed heartily at Mary's words "public decency?.... Give me a break Mary" you cackled  "what about that time you pounced on that Rook from the Southwark stronghold? Poor lad didn't know what bloody hit him.... Scarred he was......And if I recall he left London not long after that didn't he Jacob?" You turned to face him.

"Yeeeees! Yes he did, I remember who you're on about now" Jacob giggled as he gazed over your shoulder to Mary

"So you see, don't come here dribbling about outrage, decency and decorum Miss Powell!"

"Decorum!" She shrieked with a laugh "See I bleedin knew you were at it.... All that time you lied to old Mary, Knew all along I did.....where's the decorum there eh?.....you can't pull the wool over my eyes you know!"

"You're a sharp one Mary, that's for sure eh!" Jacob hummed before he leant forward and grasped his tankard within his fingers "cheers for the ale by the way love" he said as he lifted it slightly in thanks

Mary smiled sweetly at Jacob "you're absolutely welcome Mr Frye, anytime ...... " she mewed softly. "Ere',  you do know she's got awful smelly feet don't ya?" She smiled mischievously

You gasped quite playfully before glancing down at Jacob who was already laughing "I do not.... Don't listen to her!" You giggled

Jacob hummed happily, his innocent smile widened as he stifled a slight giggle, he gazed playfully up at you "feet? Really?" He asked as his smouldering brow lifted

"She has Mr Frye, awful they are...... And snoring!!! Blimey! You've probably not heard her snoring properly yet..... She's like a pregnant sow when it suckles she is!"

"MARY!" You hissed loudly chastising her.

"Snoring too hm?" Jacob giggled with a playful nod "well..... She's not slept that much when we've been together... If you get my meaning Mary.... But snoring I can probably live with" he grinned playfully as he glanced up to see how scandalised you were becoming by Mary's innocent game.

"See Mr Frye....she might be all that to look at now.... But once her looks fall and she gives up on herself......you're going to be left with nothing more than feet and snoring!...... Don't say I didn't try to warn you!" Mary giggled, her brow lifting as she explained

"Mary!...... I am here you know!"

She hummed a giggle before her stance softened slightly and she turned to you "are you coming back to the stronghold tonight or stopping over on the train?" She asked

"After all of that Mary, I doubt I'll be coming back to the stronghold at all!........ever!!" You gasped happily

"She's coming back to the train with me Mary" Jacob interjected as his hold around your waist tightened slightly

You glanced down at Jacob and smiled "oh I am am I?" You laughed teasingly

"Yes you are!" Jacob hummed as his face lifted slightly, you moved your lips dangerously close to his with an expectant smile

"Oh god...... Here we go again!.....Put her down for gods sake!!" She sighed happily.

With a slight peck to Jacob's warm lips you lifted back up, a contented smile beginning to tug at your lips  "It's just so I know to lock up, that's all .... Ere' You make sure you keep her safe Mr Frye" she winked happily before she placed a slight peck against your cheek.

"Stay safe Mary" you beamed happily "love you too"

Mary straightened grabbing her pint loosely within her fingers from the table before you "Right then.... I'll go and enjoy my Goose ale over there... On my own.......alone"she jested mischievously before leaning in towards Jacob "Feet and snoring Mr Frye.... Remember those words.... I'll be over there, when you change your mind"  she cast you both a playful glance before stepping slowly across the packed pub

Jacob laughed freely at Mary's farewell, as you watched her side step and disappear through the crowd

"Well!.....she just never gives up does she!" You scoffed shaking your head as your eyes followed her as she disappeared.

Without word, Jacob's hands playfully fumbled at the shirt you were wearing pulling it from your waistband before his fingers found your bare, heated flesh underneath. With a devilish chuckle his touch found your sensitive flesh making you squirm and wriggle happily whilst shrieking at the top of your voice.

*

"So, my scouts tell me that Starrick has been seen at Somerset House a lot lately Evie"  Henry said as he sat forward slightly in his chair, his eyes casting around the throngs of people to make sure no one was closeby listening.

"Really?" Evie replied, her eyes skirting busily across the pub

"Yes, his presence has been noted a lot there, the last month especially" he went on as he lent forward on his elbows "he's up to no good there Evie, I just know it"

"Hmmm, curious"

"Indeed it is...... Our sources say he's been meeting with a recently appointed chemist there by the name of a George Phillips" Henry went on to explain. "I can't say I've ever heard of him before and I don't think he's a Templar as yet.....My money is on Starrick abusing Phillips position for his own gain"

"Oh yes?" Evie replied, her attentions still skirting through the bustling pub.

Henry paused a moment, his brows fell slightly seeing that Evie's thoughts were far off elsewhere.

"Yes" he started testingly "and you'll never guess what they've been seen doing...... Sewing Evie" Henry said quite flatly awaiting some kind of response "they've been taking darning lessons together!"

Evie's eyes didn't falter as she continued to gaze off into the distance "really?" She replied quite ordinarily

With a deepened breath out and a slight roll of his eyes Henry sat back in his rickety chair, it creaked loudly as it adjusted to his weight shift  "No Evie!" Henry snapped loudly, his hand falling to the tables surface with a slap making Evie jump in her seat "what is wrong with you?" He asked sharply

Evie's attention drifted back to Henry and she shuffled slightly in her chair "I'm so sorry Henry..... My minds just on other things at the moment" she excused as she turned fully to face him "Now....I'm sorry, Somerset house.....you were saying?"

Henry nodded slightly, his head craned to the side as his eyes skirted away trying to see what Evie had been so entranced by. Through the crowded pub floor his gaze fell upon you as you sat across Jacob's lap, your hand draped lovingly across his shoulder, the other grasping at his jawline as you both shared an intimate joke with each other.

Henry sighed as he straightened back at the table "Evie, let them be"

"Leave who be?... I don't know what you're....." She stopped herself and gave a heavy defeated sigh "I know,  I know, it's just... This last few months he's totally lost all interest in continuing any of fathers work. All he seems to do is stride around with this stupid inane grin on his simple blank face "

Henry laughed lightly at Evie's clear distain "what? He's lost even more interest in something he barely cared about in the first place?.... Both you and I know Jacob's heart lies in overthrowing and fighting the Templars.... He's never cared much for the Eden pieces anyway Evie"

She shuffled uncomfortably

"Oh Evie, leave him be for now" Henry smiled before he lifted his ale and sipped at it "they seem happy enough"

"Father always said.... Never let your personal feelings....."

"....compromise a mission" Henry joined in with a knowing grin as if he'd heard it countless times over. Evie's brow furrowed slightly at Henry

"Yes well he had a point Henry.... Jacob's so wrapped up in that girl just lately that he seems to have let everything we've ever fought for, everything we've ever wanted just go to waste!"

"Everything Jacob ever wanted? Or just you Evie?" He bravely broached as Evie's eyes fell to the battered and scored table top "you can't help when you fall in love Evie" Henry mused quietly

There was a thick and pensive moments silence before Evie's gaze lifted from the table, her gaze finding Henry's "Don't be ludicrous Henry.... Are you saying that Jacob possibly 'loves' that girl?" She asked, her slight freckled nose crumpled at the thought.

Henry took a deepened breath as his brows lifted, he fought to find the right words "I'd say that seeing them the way they are?  They seem awfully happy in one another's company Evie.... You can't expect Jacob to remain single as long as you require him to, just to please you or the brotherhood.... One day you will have to face letting go of him....it's better to face that prospect with acceptance surely?"

Evie sighed lowly at the Henry's words, she knew deep down that it was the truth he spoke, it was just somehow, the words seemed to stick awkwardly in her head when she heard them said.

"I know" she sighed "it's just 'love' Henry? Really?...... How can anyone who isn't mentally insane actually love him?..... I mean just look at him!!!"

Henry laughed "stranger things have happened Evie!" He smiled lightheartedly seeing that Evie's mood was beginning to lift."there's someone for everyone in this world...... Your brother included"

Evie hummed as she sat forward "you always seem to know the right things to say" she grinned

Henry chuckled lightly "it comes from years of practice I suppose" he smiled "of course...." He sat back with a sigh as his fingers fell to his glass, they toyed with the rim as he thought " There is a way you can get Jacob on side and interested once more" he grinned suggestively before his gaze met with hers

Evie's eyes sparkled playfully "oh yes.... And your marvellous suggestion is...?"

"Get the girl on side Evie ..... Involve her in the mission.... If Jacob is so enamoured with her company..... Get her to play her part....he won't bear to see the mission fail then"

Evie's brow fell as she pondered over his words, her eyes skirting across the dirtied sawdust covered floorboards as she mused silently to herself "you know what..... That's a fantastic idea Henry! Oh god you're so clever!" She shrieked as she launched over the table and planted a firm kiss upon his cheek.

Suddenly remembering where she was she pulled rather quickly from Henry's now heated red cheek and sat rather awkwardly back down again.

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

2.1K 27 9
Agne's niece never knew her farther, the girl's mother likely didn't know either. After fleeing to Paris to escape her aunts boss, she returns to Lon...
3.8K 102 11
It's been twenty years since Jacob, Evie and (Name) have freed London from the clutches of Starrick and his men. All has been quiet since then, until...
40.3K 1.3K 20
Jacob Frye x Reader The year is 1868 and it starts as a good year for the actress Y/N but she is living a double life. On the stage she is a beautifu...
39.3K 1.8K 18
*Recommend you read my other Syndicate fic 'In Time' First* ------ Rushed away from the city of London, you, the young niece of Alexander Graham Bell...