Illmatic Treasure

By teddylynette

~ Imprisioned by vision Pardoned by dreams Captive to potential I've found freedom in love An endangered spe... More

Illmatic Poetry #1
Illmatic Prologue
Illmatic 1
Illmatic 2
Illmatic 3
Illmatic 4
Illmatic 6
Illmatic 7
Illmatic 8
Illmatic 9
Illmatic 10
Illmatic 11
Illmatic 12
Illmatic 13
Illmatic 14
Illmatic 15

Illmatic 5

408 9 52
By teddylynette

Whoever rocking with me and my story..

I thank you sooo very much .. I'm grateful.

Anyyywwaayy ... last time on Illmatic...

------------------

~ The bird by my side isn't flying anymore.
It's wings are fine, but the feathers are tarnished and torn.
Why keep it in a cage when it already wears chains ?
If I cleansed your feathers would you remain by my side ?
Chains rusty, cage is open its your choice if you fly. ~

The Caged Bird Finale ...

I don't usually do this but uuuhh ! My ghettorat came out when my futuristic husband came out for blood on some plexing shit . I ain't know how to act as I shrieked with joy .

"Grab ya glocks when ya see Tupac. Call the cops when ya see Tupac !" The DJ shouts on the mic while scratching the record causing the chorus to reiterate .
That sunt the throng of the intoxicated to enjoin the vibe he threw including a knock-off Mc Lyte;me .

We all bounced together we ain't got a mufuckin' opinion; whether it was ass or titties . I felt like we was on some we shall overcome shit ! The total opposite of the record . "Yo, everybody wave yo muthafucking hands in the air !
What we do ?" The DJ's slightly muffled baritone hyped . "We hit em up !" All the brown skins rejoiced waving their hands from side to side to the rhythm of the beat .

"Now it's all about Versace, you copied my style . Five shots couldn't drop me, I took it and smiled ." I recited pointing my fingers like two gats .

After all that shookin' and jivin' I did it worked up a serious thirst for a real drink .
The crowd was still pumpin' to sick rhymes but, see the way I'm set up I gotta take a chill pill; feel me ?

I strolled through the sweltering ambiance lurking for my girl E .
I can't believe she left me that heffa down bad . She gone hear mad shit from me when I find her .

Finally, I peeped Erica at the bar with two
fine -and I mean fine brothas. She had one entraped in her arms as he left sweet trails of dark brown roses down her neck delicately devouring it . 'He got some lips on him my girl got taste; he icy too !'
From the way she reveals her pearls in utter delight that must be Monroe .
The light of her life that I have yet to meet . 'I'm not even tight no more they cute or wateva'.'

The other G he was just big chillaxin' in the cut . 'He got man whore written all over him.' Sippin' from his drink, looking for his next victim to spit game to as his eyes peered out at all the mocha honeys . 'He cute gotta nice nose, I'm feelin' his
noserings though; it's ill .'

Before I could make my way over a supple palm halts me, as it grabbed my own in a slight vice. "Wassup baby ." slithered towards my being smoothly .
The mean mug of 'Nigga, what the fuck you grabbing me for ?' swiftly melted into a'Aw hell naw . Well looky here!' smirk.
I knew his coffee toffee ass from anywhere . From his bald head that the flashing lights illuminated to the crisp dark charcoal Jordans that he rocks on his phalanges .

"Uncle Lance !" I shrieked in astonishment as he engulfed me into a tight embrace .
'He smell so good !' "How you been Ladybug ?" He asked as we rocked from side to side . "Fine ." I drawled out with my pearls in full effect . We checked eachother out in a 'Damn it's been a long time.' manner . "You growing up on me Ladybug ! Look at you B. I remember
when you was alil' shorty running behind me and shit ." Uncle Lance chuckled heightening his hand to his abdominal area for emphasis of my height .
'Here he go with his cool ass ! Smooth ass .'

Uncle Lance , Uncle Lance ... yall ever had one of them family members that you had alil' crushy crush on but, the shits foul because ya'll kin; know I'm sayin'.
That's how it was for me . Well I didn't know we was family but, I knew. I was just alil' cupcake at the time but, I was attached to him like it was my sixith sense.

'A bruva' from another muva' .' as pops would say, Lil' bruva' at that. They are thick as thieves . He was around when he could be . The apple didn't fall too far from the tree . He all about his dinero , his coins just like my pops . He was just mad cool and smooth as hell . Overtime I outgrew my sappy feelings as I should .
Now I see Uncle Lance every blue moon and, we shoot the shits when we can .

"Well I'm all grown up now. Ain't no more baby Ali, B ." I remarked giggly whipping my long tresses back . " I see that. I'm feelin' this fit though I can get jiggy with it. My lil' Ladybug , I see why Slim had your lil' ass under wraps yo." His eyes held admiration. I sucked my teeth in irritation . "Here you go." 'Nobody was even thinking about that. I'm free right now damn let me live.' He put his hands up harmlessly , " I'm not coming at you foul, Uncle Lance assured, just glad to see you out and about. You shining and shit.
Just be careful is where I'm getting at ,feel me ?" He elaborated .

My defenses vacated slightly as I nipped his black expensive clad shoulder. "Yea I feel you Uncle Lance. I got me trust !" I expressed confidently. "Ahite that's all ya Uncle Lancey wants to hear." He admits using the nickname I gave him back in the day.
"I don't want to have to bust a cap in nobody ass." I sniggered at his protectiveness and, the ticklish tingles that radiates down my arms as he squeezes them. "That won't be needed Rambo. No asses need to be capped sir." I remarked with a humorous grin.

"Ahite, he sighs as if to say 'good.' "Well I'm about to head up here to shoot the shits with ya muffin head ass Pops." He said pulling me into a side hug while kissing my forehead . "Chill on my Pops ." I defend amusingly . "Be good Ladybug ." He stated seriously his dark browns scrutinizing mine .
"I'm always good baby ."

~~~

By the time I got over to the bar where E was at, she was already waving me over .
The crowd kind of simmered down because the DJ was spinning lil' chill jams everyone could vibe to .

"You lil' heffa I can't believe you left me twisted in the wind like that ." I exclaimed with mild pisstivity, as soon as I reached Erica . Hands on my slim curvy waist and all . Her smile never faltered as she enveloped me in an abrasive but, inviting one arm clutch by her side. "Awe, Alijah stop buggin' girl. Let me get you a drink ."
She suggested waving the tender over with her free hand.

One glimpse of E's face and I could tell she was on a level of her own; not sloppy just enough . Her eyes were glazed over with a slight tint of red.
She was also sportin' her signature 'I'm fucked up.' of a grin. "Ahite hook me up." I confessed. Imma swallow the small amount of salt I had left tonight. I can't stay mad at my homeskillet for long. "That's my girl , E replied enthusiastically ruffling me in her arms, it looks like you need one anyway !"

When the tender approached she murmured off to him about mixing me a 'real drank ' but a decent one. I'm a lightweight . This not the muhfuckin' time or place to get mad bunked, for Pops to go postal on my ass; nah I'll wait.

"Ahem." The gesture caught our attention. I sipped my freshly made drink. This shits the bomb not too strong neither weak with a hint of coconut. 'I'm in love.' The concotion simmers my jones. "Yo, how you doin', the brotha I established as Monroe greets me, I go by Monroe. Excuse my rude ass girl for not introducing us." He shot daggers at Erica.

She rolled her drab orbs "Aw, nigga I was gettin' to it." "Keep showin out. " Monroe cautioned discreetly taking down his shades. 'Talk slick now , get them cheesecakes pounded later.' E turned to me "Alijah this is my man, my baby Monroe, and his dickhead of a homeboy Breeze . Y'all this is my homegirl, my babygirl Alijah." I waved with coy .

"Ah girl, gone with all that you know you love me; don't front ." Breeze remarked all nonchalant stepping to me . Erica waved him off like 'whateva nigga .' "Wassup Alijah baby , it's nice to meet you beautiful ." He pronouced with a decent twang leaving rasp on each word . Unexpectedly he grabbed my hand and, gave it a sweet lil peck. 'How sweet .' Unwanted chills radiated up my arm .

"You alil' fresh don't you think ? It's nice to meet you too Breeze ." I said jacking my sweaty palm out of his light weight grip .
He smirked knowingly like he knew something that I didnt . "It ain't nothing to a big dawg . This is me all day everyday baby ." He replied cooly with a slick wink that I caught . "Hmm, a big dawg, I remarked sipping my beverage in delight, well you barking up the wrong tree, because I'm nothing like these other lil' tenders in here ." I let off direct and honestly .

Breeze's itsy-bitsy smirk of interest elevated to a teasing beam of dimples as he cackles . "Booyah ! , She told yo ass nigga!" E intervened drawing out her last word. "Yo RiRi chill you buggin'." Monroe told her in an amused manner holding her back as they swayed to the music . "Ay mami! , I giggled at his facial expression and mannersims, I like you ." I perked my lips goofily "Awe , you ahite ." 'I can't lie he not too bad once you get past the smut in him .' I confessed waving my hand in a so-so manner .

"I can dig that, he shrugged with a pleasant look of his eye, aye my man get my homegirl another round on me ." Breeze demanded slapping the bills on the glass surface . 'Well damn isn't he just a gentleman .' "First you try to rush me , now you wanna be my homie and, buy me drinks ?" My brows curve in curiousity . He abruptly stopped staring at a young silhouette that caught his eye . "Uuh, geah Alijah ." He spoke in an 'it's no biggie' tone . "Its not like I'm tryna get some nani from you just one drink ." Well who am I to turn down alil' drinky drank ? Especially one that tastes so muhfuckin' good and rich that my mouth waters for another . That's kind of like a bird turning down some bread .

"Okay, I sighed giving in, only because I really want another of whatever this is, B ." I was slurping every remenant of it until it was finito . " Yo, whatever floats you shortie ." Breeze chuckled gazing off .
The chisel of his jaw clenched and unclenched in a grinding motion surveying the throng of guests for his next tender , I'm guessing. Before I could utter a syllable he informed me with the quickness . "Alijah baby, imma catch you. I got some shit to tend to real quick .
Imma get your digits from E, we gotta kick it one day. Ahite one ." He attached a peck to my plush cheek whizzing off within the confines of the crowd . 'Well damn okay lightskin .'

~~~

Finally JoJo bowlegged ass popped up outta the woodwork . Whatever my pops hit off on him was some mad serious shit because, I'm on my third marvelous concotion of utopia. I felt as if I could float on muhfuckin air do you hear me ?! My eyes felt as if I were squinting them; you feel me ? No you don't feel me . ' My eyes are drunk !' I am on a whole 'nother level. I can't be fuck with .

He came over of course tryna conduct his fatherly duties tryna question me and shits. Like: On the real who the fuck bought you this drink ? Why you rockin' so hard blahze blahze tryna smother my vibe I got going. 'I think not !'
Jo's left eyelid twitching in protective irritation , but his demeanor was calm and collect. "C'mon Ali, let's dance this liquor off .. We don't need Pops goin' postal on the tender or you." Jody advises holding out his palm waiting for me to accept.

My heart palpaited within with a stricken terror and inevident embarressment. I don't need that man buggin' on me especially at HIS party. "As long as you keep it on the hush." I express timidly setting my empty glass down. Jo smacked his lips as if to remark 'Really Alijah ?!' "Girl stop that shit, you know me better than that." Jo reassured giving off half of a smile.
I rolled my eyes foolishly as a smile shivers upon my lips. "Only because you asked so nicely." Sarcasm spews from my tone.

My petite hand glides into his gigantic one suffocating it as he led us to the populous dance floor. "Ahite follow my lead." Jo yelled over the fast paced record, urging me to catch the rythm of the beat as he. 'He bout to work my ass fasho.'
"Don't have me out here looking crazy ,B."

This dude is a trip in a half. We were definitely burning a hole in the floor. Everything was kosher until he threw me for a loop , and hit a move I knew nothing about. I cracked up laughing my bestfriend never ceases to amaze me.
"Oh, oh, oh, he chanted insanely close to my face never missing a beat, you didn't think I could move like that huh ?" Jo asked after the song ended catching his breath.

"Ahite my peeps we gone slow it down one time for the one time!" The DJ's gruffy voice roughly echoes through out the vicinity, as the song fades out.
"Grab your tender or your boo ,and take them for a spin on the floor ." He announced just as the downtempo of the melody 'Always & Forever by Heatwave' begins.
A gasp of elation left my mouth. "JoJo you know this my jam right ?" A smile plays about on his lips as he tugs me to his physique playfully . Snickers fell from my mouth as we got in formation .
"I know it is with your sappy ass ." He teased chuckling as we swayed simutaneously .

"Geah, yeah but you dancing to it though 'Mr. Dance Fever' so don't even front yo." I put out with the shrug of my shoulder. His face scrunched up in disagreement.
"Ah, whatever Ali you lucky I love you, B. It's straight though.. I wasn't about to let no other scrub vibe with you, fuck I look like?" He confessed tightening his hold on my warm palm. "Okay dad." I replied rollin' my neck and amber eyes. "I thought you knew, you better act like you know !" He exclaimed over exaggerating.
'This guy wildin' he don't know what title he wanna hold.'

"Ahem, the unexpected presence startled us, I would like to cut in." He requests. 'Is that right?' My pulse contracts with ecstatic thumps as my pearls reveal themselves. Before Jody could respond I say "Ofcourse, ofcourse ... you don't mind do you JoJo ?" "Naw G who am I to deny the birthday man a dance." He responds cooly steppin' back. In a fervid manner I attached myself to him like glue.
"You think you can keep up ol' man ?" I cracked as we began to two step in circles to the leisure track. "Ppssh, Slim expressed like 'Are you serious ?' I taught you everything you know babygirl. I can always bust a move or two don't get it twisted." He smirked down at me faintly, bringing back blurred memories . Ones that I miss and will always treasure .

"Anyway, I broke each syllable while my giggle box gave off mini chortles in amusement, how you feelin' ya birthday so far ? Is it everything you imagined ?" I questioned with a raised brow . A twing of enthusiasm sparked in his dark brown eyes but, quickly vanished . "Its dope and then some ." He replied shortly . "On the real I'm happy your here . I seen you enjoying yourself . I peeped you every once in a while . Yo, I'm not gone trip out this time around . I love you babygirl ." Slim let off whole heartedly . "I -I love y-you too Pops ." I stammered coyly resting my cheek against his torso .

For once I took little glances and peeps at my surroundings . Out of all the folks in attendance his outline was the only lean and muscular anatomy to emerge aglow within my sight .
'Damn Alijah he is fiioonnee !' My conscious complimented as I gaped in awe and wonder . My being quivered in a comely and compelling manner. 'He is so beautiful to me . Like damn where the hell you been ?! Shit !'

This man's skin seems to be delicate and velvety to the touch . A hue of tawny; light orange-brownish coats the physique of this pretty boy without a flaw . Just the exception of distinct ink that I rarely see now days . Oh my goodness his jawline; I adore! As if my paintbrush shaped and crafted it to a créme la de créme .
And his beard Oooowee chile, let me catch my breath! I don't mean to stare 'Like damn can he have his face back !' , but I couldn't help it .

"Alijah who got you all googily eyed and shits ?" Pops snapped me out of my lil' world . Perplexity written all over his face as his eyes moved with the quickness to find my muse . I cleared my throat to obtain my voice . "Nobody Pops, please don't get tight...relaax." I plead innocently .

I snuck another look at ol' dude as he took a sip from his red cup, licking the remnants of unoticed drops of liquor from his supple lips. ' He is da bomb dot com for sure.'

~ Omniscient ~

A lioness to be reckoned with prowls within the folds of the firebrick establishment, with nothing but vengeance on the brain .
She has one goal: to peel her enemy's cap back . Her hazel orbs perject nothing but red as her mental relived the hand of anguish she was dealt . Her blood is boiling to no return as she trails closer to get to the perfect destination .

This prima donna's prey was going to get a taste of the fiery she so desperately craved to release. The light silk lowcut number clung to her scorching skin . The hairs all over her petite form sent chills as her pulse fills with exhilaration. 'Finally' A sneer curls upon her lips whilst the tips of her fingers brushed the chrome of the glock in her clutch. 'Muhfucka gone feel me tonight.' Discreetly she removes her lil' friend as she swayed like everyone else to blend in like camoflage.

Just as she is about to aim at her target she witnesses another stomp to her heart. 'Infidelity.' Her hammer aims in two different directions. 'What to do, what to do?' Her heart said 'I can't do this right now yo ! I just ..' Her mind refused to pussyout.
'He think you a mufuckin' toy girl ! Do his mark ass in too !' Sweetness' index and middle finger wrapped around the trigger.
Capturing her pearls between her made up lips in mild contemplation. Ultimately she came to a resolution.

"Its a thin line between love and hate." She whispered venomly.
"Boom, Boom, Bang, Bang !"

-----------

What just happened ?! ...
Who got the business ???

Thank you so much for reading !!!
It's appreciated ...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.3K 788 27
If it's real, then I've chased you across time and space, and you've never been able to get away.
63 16 14
this time i cannot lose you please open your eyes please open your eyes why don't you love me every time you like to live me open your eyes please p...
695 64 39
"People came and went on and on But she stayed still, lost in her thoughts She knew she was drowning in the ocean of loneliness But never tried to e...
5K 713 90
I locked myself on a prison inside my mind and I dont even know how to escape #1 𝔦𝔫 𝔭𝔬𝔢𝔱𝔯𝔶 #1 𝔦𝔫 𝔩𝔦𝔣𝔢𝔮𝔲𝔬𝔱𝔢𝔰 #1 𝔦𝔫 𝔰𝔞𝔡𝔮𝔲𝔬�...