Shifters

By DragonStudios

~Completed~ Kuro, a teenage girl who can't get her mothers last words out of her head, her mother called her... More

!!Disclaimer!!
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Sixteen
Epilouge
Authors Note

Chapter Fifteen

157 7 3
By DragonStudios

Currently I was lying on my bed, staring at the ceiling. There's nothing else to do. I've sketched non stop for the past few days. Drawing a lost girl who's trapped in an animal body. I drew Finn because I missed him so much.

What could he be doing right now? Is he looking for me?

I looked over at the note. It was resting on my small table, I had no idea what to do with it. It's been sitting there for the past 3 months, ever since he gave it to me.

*flashback starts*

"No, no, no, no. It's not true he's lying Kuro." I paced my room.

Looking at the piece of paper in my hands.

"Your father left when you were young, disappeared. Said he loved another woman. It's not him. He's lying. Then again anything is possible, I'm talking to myself like a crazy person." I threw the paper onto my table and lay on my bed.

My face shoved into my pillow I screamed my head off.

It couldn't be him.

He's deceiving you. He's a liar. Don't believe him.

I looked over at the note one more time before getting up and punching the concrete wall and breaking my hand.

*flashback ends*

Not a good day for my hand. I had broken in it multiple places. Luckily with my super healing powers that came with my shifting abilities it healed up in a week or so.

It's been three months and my "father" hasn't said anything or tried to contact me. I'm guessing it's too risky.

I can't imagine what Violet would do if she learned he could be my father.

I need to talk to him.

No!

But it would be nice to get some answers...

He could just lie to you more Kuro. You can't trust him!

What if he's not lying though...

How can you even say that! He's a liar. He's just trying to get close to you for Violet.

But what if-

No buts! Now shut up and go to sleep.

Talking to myself has been the only company I've had here. It's been strange. I'm both sides, the agree and disagree. I never know who to trust, myself or myself.

I glance over at the drawings I hung up on the wall with tape. I smiled as my eyes met the drawing of Finn.

When I get out of here I will find Finn.

I was closing my eyes drifting to sleep when I heard someone at my iron bar door.

"What do you want?" I said harshly then stopped when I saw it was him. "Who are you?" I questioned.

"Kuro it's your father. I'm so sorry I haven't been able to give you answers." He drops to a whisper, "Violet has been watching me carefully."

I knew it!

"Are you really my father?"

He nodded.

"I'm going to get you out of here Kuro. Pack whatever you need. Hurry!" He pleaded.

I stared at him in shock. Free... Me? I would get out.....

I'm going to get out!

He's lying! Don't trust him! It's all a trap Kuro!

Shut up brain. I'm risking it.

Breaking away from my thoughts I grabbed the drawings off the wall. Opening my wardrobe and packing an extra pair of clothes into my backpack.

That's all I need. There's nothing else here.

My dad opened the door with the key and hurried me out. He handed me a paper bag. I put it in my backpack and followed him down the corridor.

"Where are we going?" I whispered. He shushed me and I shut my mouth.

He motioned for me to come and as I took a step forward red lights flashed, blaring an alarm.

"They know you're free! Kuro hurry!" He ran along the white hallways illuminated red. Guards were yelling and shouting to each other, coming closer. My father turned and looked at me.

I turned around just as the men in black came around the corner.

My first instinct took over. I changed to a tiger and lunged at the guards. There was only four of them, which I took out quickly.

We ran along the hallways and I started to question how big this place was. Whenever we ran into more guards I would silence them easily.

This is too easy...

As we rounded another corner Vanessa was standing there. "I can't let you go Kuro." Her eyes were bloodshot and she looked so tired.

"Vanessa, you aren't well... What's up with you?" Her body jerked forward and she morphed into a cougar.

Oh no! No, no, no! She has the man made serum! They've made it!

Vanessa looked like she knew what she was doing. She must've been training this whole time.

I shifted to a cougar, same as Vanessa. It was my only idea to defeat her. She wasn't as skilled in shifting and harnessing powers as I was. I'd had months to learn, Vanessa did help me learn to use my own powers, but it wasn't the same as having them yourself.

Vanessa threw herself at me and I stepped to the side. Her body slammed into the wall, while she was stunned for a second I took my shot and used both my claws on her. My opponent howled in pain and jumped away.

She kicked me and just skimmed my hind leg. I looked over and saw she drew a little bit of blood. She snarled at me and swiped in the air, I easily dodged the blows.

Glaring at her, I used both my hind legs and slammed her into the concrete wall. She howled and changed back to human.

Vanessa was slumped against the wall. One of her legs looked broken while the other was bleeding badly. A large cut running from her forehead to chin was also apparent, and blood was trickling out of her mouth.

I slowly walked up to her, our eyes locked. Changing from cougar to bear, I placed my paw on her chest.

"Kill me, I know you want to." She sputtered. "You-" I pushed my paw against her chest, crushing it and instantly killing her.

I turned to my father who was staring at me. Returning back to human form I walked past him silently.

"Let's get going more guards could be coming." He nodded and took the lead again.

I looked back one more time at Vanessa's lifeless body, before running to catch up to my fathers fast walking.

"We're almost there Kuro. I just want to tell you: I'm sorry I wasn't there for you when you were growing up. But now I have my chance to save you."

A large metal door and staircase appeared in front of us.

"I have to go now. Here's the way out. Get to the airport, I put some money in the nag along with enough food."

A tear came down my cheek. I had learned he was my father and this was our goodbye. It all felt too soon.

He came up and hugged me. "Goodbye Kuro. Don't worry, I'll take care of this mess. Just run. Run as far as you can and don't look back." He commanded.

"Now go!" My father kissed my head and pushed me towards the door. He swiped his key card and I ran up the flights of stairs. My body still weak from fighting Vanessa, but I finally made it out.

I opened the hatch and stepped into the sunlight. The sun was high in the sky and I took off running, my backpack flapping on my back.

When I was about 300 yards away a huge explosion happened and I was thrown to the ground. Stumbling onto my knees I watched as more explosions happened.

Since the facility was underground all you could see was the ground collapsing and a pillar of black smoke rising into the sky.

I stared in horror as I remember my fathers words, "Don't worry, I'll take care of this mess."

He meant getting rid of it.

"DAD!" I screamed at the top of my lungs, but I knew it was pointless.

He had sacrificed himself so I could get away.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was talking to a good friend and lover of shifters about how she accused me of being evil because I killed off Kuro's mother. I guess I'm even worse because I just killed off her dad too.

Anyways! Hope you enjoyed this chapter it was.... Intense and very fun to write.

Sad to say shifters is almost over. But if you guys have any other story ideas please tell me! I'm open to suggestion and need stories to write. Whether they long stories or short.

Thank you to all you regular followers and readers. Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow!

-Dragon

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.5K 797 42
Iona Moira Lennox knows for a fact that animals are far better companions than humans. Along with her best friend, she runs a reputable animal shelte...
66.8K 2.5K 31
Mia Kimberly Ashton is not very simple. Whether it be her clothes or the way she acts, she is not girly by any means. Her parents were killed when sh...
610 191 8
"Some rules are meant to be broken!" Sunny and her family are all shape shifters. They have the power to turn themselves into animals whenever they...
452K 15.8K 52
Kevin isn't normal. Leah knows this ever since he started following her everywhere. But his weirdness goes beyond the usual. Because, as Leah soon di...