Mistreated and Rejected

By ReadsBooksForFun

Chloe was beaten and abused by her pack. Her mate rejecting her is the last straw. Unable to deal with it all... More

1.) What I call my Life
2.) Mate?!
3.) Bye.
4.) Unbearable Shifting
5.) Wolf to Human
6.) New people or New wolves?
7.) New Pack
8.) Getting to Know Each Other
9.) Training
10.) Scars
11.) Climbing in the Past
12.) White Wolf and Were Mates
13.) Pranks and Training
14.) Finding Hope
15.) Pack A Who?
16.) Bring on the Pain
17.) Good Byes and Hell No's
18.) Get the Job Done
19.) Fam, Jam
20.) Forgive?
21.) Who Signed Me Up For This?
22.) Team Work
23.) Finding Her
25.) Pain, Pain, Go Away
26.) Men in black pants, and green shirts
27.) Note

24.) Loss

170K 5K 125
By ReadsBooksForFun

I don't know how long I stayed like that, holding her body close to me. For some reason I felt a connection to her. It hurt when she died. But it hurt more to know that no one would grieve over her.

I couldn't remember the last time I had cried. I must have been when I first ran away. I had not cried in over 3 years. I shook my head to clear my thoughts. But they wouldn't leave me.

I slowly picked her up in my arms and stood on my feet. Holding her in bridal style, I started to walk. I stumbled but I kept on to my hold on her. I walked slowly. Allowing the tears to run down my face. No one deserved to die like that, at the hands of hunters.

My wolf Angelina stayed silent. I could tell she was sad. So was I. Her green eyes that held so much pain, a type of pain that we too were far too familiar with.  Not so much the physical pain than the emotional pain.

It broke my already damaged heart, that she had to die, knowing that she was in so much emotional pain. I was going to hurt the bastard that had taken it upon himself to get rid of such a beauty.  I was going to rip him limb from limb.

I looked down at the young girl in my arms. It looked like she was sleeping. I felt a few more tears run down my cheeks. I kept walking. I knew where I was. I knew where I was going but somehow, I just couldn't bear the thought that she would have to leave my arms. I knew that she was safe. I could protect her. But only if she was in my arms.

I reached the edge of the woods. I saw the pack house. Right in front of me, so close to me. I stopped. I couldn't walk to the door. Much less go through it. I suddenly felt drained. She felt so heavy in my arms now. My heart also felt heavy, for I could not save the girl in my arms life.

I fell to my knees for the second time today. Why couldn't I have saved her? Why? She looked so at peace at this moment, with the sun setting down on her face. She still wore that small smile on her lips. I just sat there, looking, watching her. Hoping beyond all hope that she was just sleeping. That she would soon open her eyes again.

I heard the back door open and a male voice call out “ Chloe?” I didn't look up, I just sat and watched the body that lay dead in my arms. I could tell there was more than one person coming towards me.No doubt that they smelled the blood. I still didn't move. I didn't want to miss a sign that she could still be alive.

“ Chloe? Is that you?”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chase’s P.O.V.

I sat at the kitchen table talking with Mike, Matt and Alex. I didn't want to like the guy but honestly he was pretty cool. Plus Chloe had told me to be nice to him. If she could forgive him than I would just have to put up an effort.

The guys started laughing about something. Mike was leaning on Matt, close to tears. Zoey walked into the room, as the boys chuckled. “ Hey Zoo” Matt said with a big grin.

“Hey.” She said in a sad tone. Everyone stopped laughing and looked at her. She had her back to us as she got out some food for herself.

“ Everything okay Zooey?” I asked feeling concerned for my pack mate. She nodded. “ I just miss Gabe is all.” Her voice leaked with a heavy sadness.

Before I could say anything Mike and Matt, had jumped up and had their arms around her. “ I just miss him so much” she said again as a few tears left her face.

“ Zooey, I think that we're good with just us and Chloe teaching them. Why don't you go pack your bags and go to that mate of yours?” I asked. An instant smile light up her face as she raced out of the boys arms and hugged me.

“ Thanks Chase!” She gushed out in a hurry as she bolted out of the kitchen. I could hear her slam her door shut and chuckled. The twins sat back down and smiled. Alex broke the silence with a question. “ So Gabe is her mate, than?”  We nodded our heads.

“ Have you guys found your mates?” The question itself was innocent, but i still felt a small pang of sadness. The twins shook their heads.

“ But I can't wait to find mine.” Matt said as he started to get this far away look. .I remain silent. I didn't really want to talk about this.

Alex laughed at the look on Matt's face. Then a flash of puzzlement flew across his face. He looked up to me. Raising an eyebrow  he said “ Chase, do you have a mate?”

“ Nah.” I said in an attempt to avoid the conversation. But Alex would have none of that. “ What do you mean ‘nah’?”  

I wanted to yell at him and say ‘ NONE OF YOUR GODDAMN BUSINESS” But I knew he was probably wondering for Choles happiness. So instead of saying what I wanted to I said. “ I wouldn't know, I felt her die when I was 15.” An awkward silence fell upon us.

Alex looked regretful. “ Sorry man, if I had not pressed about it-” He was cut off when I jumped up, pushing my chair back with a loud scraping sound. Mike, Matt and Alex jumped off of their seats.    

 “Chase what's wrong?” One of the twins said. I didn't really know which one, I was thinking really hard on a small scent that had found it's way to my nose.

Lifting my head up some more I muttered  “ Do you guys smell blood?” The guys lifted their noses into the air, as I had done only mere seconds ago. They looked shocked. Alex only nodded.

As a team we all moved to the back door. We didn't say anything, just silently open the door and step outside. What I saw made my heart drop. “ Chloe?” I asked. It didn't look like her. But it was her scent.

The scene before me looked like it belonged in a movie. Not in real life. Chloe looked as if she ran into every bush and branch in the forest. There were faint scars on her arms from branches. Her hair was messily falling on her shoulders, and there was leaves and small twigs stuck in her messy hair as well.

“ Chole is that you?” I asked again, trying to get her to look at me.

She was covered in blood. It was all over her hands. From what I could see was that her legs and clothes were too. She also held a dead body in her arms. Clutching on to it as if her life depended on it.  But thats not what made my breath hitch in my throat.

It was the look of complete and utter sadness that was taking hold of her beautiful face. And the tears that rolled down her cheeks, falling onto the dead bodies face.

“ Hey Chloe, can you please look at me?” I asked in a calm and soft voice. I have never seen Chloe cry. Ever. She still didn't look at me. She just continued to look at the body. I only now saw that it was a girl. She had to be about 14 or 15.

Chloe just sat there, looking at the girl, like she couldn't take her eyes off of her. I didn't know what to do. Maybe Alex could help her. “ Alex? “ I questioned.

He seemed to know what I was asking for he started to walk up closer to Chloe. But it seemed that she wouldn't have it. She brought the body closer. She growled low in her throat. A warning to stay away. Or she would attack, and most likely kill.

Alex and the rest of us were shocked, all taking a step back. We sat on the ground, away from Chloe, trying to think of what we were going to do. Half an hour passed of us. Begging, threatening and yelling. If we stepped too close Chloe would growl. We didn't know what to do.

Than as we were going insane with worry, Luke took this as the right time to come into the back yard.

“ Chase, what is going on? Is that blood I sme-”He started to say but stopped when he saw Chloe. He just stood there, watching her movement.  

Slowly walking up to Chloe, completely ignoring us, his eyes glued on to her and only her. He spoke softly with a hit of Alpha tone underneath “ Chloe, can you tell me what happened?” Chloe still watching the body didn't say anything, It looked like she was battling an inner war. Through the pack link Luke said Her wolf has taken over, she is acting on pure instinct. Still not taking his eyes off of her.

He stepped closer, she didn't respond. Taking some more steps he was in front of her up still a good 7 feet away from her. Talking again in the same tone but with more of an Alpha tone he said “Chloe, I want you to give her to me, can you do that please?”

Her head shot right up and looked Luke in the eye. Everyone gasped but Luke. Her face was a dark red and her eyes were bloodshot, but shone as bright blue as the morning sky. A clear sign that her wolf has taken over. . There were tears in her eyes falling unchecked on her checks. But the sadness that were in those beautiful bright blue eyes, seemed to make the world a colder, unloving place.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am SO sorry for not uploading sooner! :) I hope you all enjoyed this chapter. I know it alittle dark and sad. But I liked it. PLEASE dont forget to

VOTE

AND

COMMENT

( PLEASE WITH SUGAR ON TOP? )

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.7K 1.4K 51
She was rejected by her mate His mate died in a fire She went strong cold after her rejection He went crazy after the fire She's a warrior He's an...
1.2M 26.7K 21
Hard Mate Series Book 2. (This series does not have to be read in order.) ***** "I, Chace Winchester, reject you, Alyssa Jackson, as my mate and Luna...
2.2M 56.9K 31
Hayley BloodFallen is a shy and awkward girl. Or so people thought. She goes to an all werewolf school, everyone mistreats her when her pack isn't lo...
355K 11.9K 32
[Rejection Series Book 3] "You may be the princess, but you're weak and worthless. I reject you as my mate." My heart shattered and then everything w...