Lupus Heart | Wolf Duology Bo...

By AswanRush

Wolf Duology Book One I've been rejected, hated, and abused ever since I could remember; but never once loved... More

O N E
T W O
T H R E E
F O U R
F I V E
S I X
S E V E N
E I G H T
N I N E
T E N
E L E V E N
T W E L V E
T H I R T E E N
F O U R T E E N
S I X T E E N
S E V E N T E E N
E I G H T E E N
N I N E T E E N
T W E N T Y
T W E N T Y - O N E
T W E N T Y - T W O

F I F T E E N

21.4K 698 34
By AswanRush

(Tal's P.O.V.)

After having our much needed talk, I had informed my parents through mind link what Angel wanted to do.

They were beyond happy about planning everything and having the pack get to meet their new Luna.

While the pups helped Angel pack up the stuff from our picnic back into the basket, my phone rang.

Pulling it out my pocket I wondered who would be calling me because normally the pack members use mind link to communicate with me or my family.

Who would be calling me? Not being able to think of anyone, I quickly answered my phone anyways.

"Hello?" I answered.

"H-hello. I-is this Luca's number?" the male voice wondered.

Frowning, I said, "No, this is Talon, his Alpha. Who are you?"

"Apologies Alpha Talon. I did not mean to interrupt your day, but I'm Luca's half-cousin Brennan. I was looking for him because I need some help." I heard his voice break at the end.

"Ok Brennan, do you know where the Red Harlow pack is?" I asked.

"Yes, Alpha. Do I have permission to come to your pack house to meet with you and Luca?" Brennan voices out.

It was unheard of for another wolf to take orders from an Alpha that wasn't his, unless the wolf was a rogue who had been banished from his pack.

"Yes, be here by tonight if you can. But I must ask, were you kicked out of your pack?"

There was a silent pause before I heard, "Umm... I was banished from seeing my mate by my Alpha and ordered to either reject him or leave the pack for good."

It made me sick and beyond pissed that an Alpha could just banish a wolf from seeing their mate, all because they happen to be both of the same gender.

I could only imagine the pain Brennan and his wolf are going through by being banished from never seeing their mate, it's worse than being rejected.

By being rejected, a wolf has a chance of getting their mate back again or finding another. But being banished by your own Alpha means you won't have a chance with your mate or any other, unless your punishment is lifted by your Alpha or another.

"I will help you Brennan. What is your mate's name?"

He whimpers out brokenly, his voice laced with pain. "His name is Milo. Please, I just want my mate. I never meant to shame my family or pack. I thought they would accept us, I never would have told them if I knew this would happen."

"Keep in touch with me while you are on your way here tonight. I will let Luca know what's going on and we will help you because his family is my family,"

"Yes. Thank you so much Alpha! I'm on my way. See you tonight," Brennan praised me happily.

After hanging up I saw Angel put everything in the car and was helping Jamie and Hanna buckle up in the back seat.

"Who was that?" Angel wondered curiously as I stepped by her side.

"It was a half-cousin of Luca's seeking his help. He will be here tonight so Brennan can inform us on what he needs help with. Are you ready to go?"

Angel nodded happily before getting in the car with me following after I checked to make sure everything was loaded up.

•|•|•|•|•

Two hours after returning home, Angel had helped the pups being our stuff into the house, while I took the time to call my family and Luca.

"What's going on? Why did Brennan call you about needing my help?" Luca rushed out the questions as he and Rose took seats next to our parents on the couch.

"He told me that he was banished from seeing his mate and had to leave because he didn't want to reject his mate. I told him to meet us here tonight so we could talk more about it and help him,"

"Ok, but why did my half-cousin's Alpha banish him for finding his mate? I mean, I didn't even know he had found his yet the last time we talked," Luca wondered sadly.

Rose looked up curiously at me, "Who is Brennan's mate? Why would it matter to his Alpha who his mate is?"

I wasn't sure if I should be the one to tell Luca that his half-cousin's mate is the same gender as him.

However, the door bell rang interrupting our conversation and I headed out the living room to answer it, only to find Angel already there.

"Hello, I'm Brennan. Is Alpha Talon here?" he asked softly of my mate.

Angel smiled and nodded to me standing behind her.

I looked at Brennan, seeing he was shorter than me but only a couple inches taller than Angel.

His forest green eyes looked pale with his black fringe hanging around his face and bangs swept over his right eye.

Brennan couldn't be no more than 16 or 17 years of age, so his mate is either younger or older.

"It's nice to meet you in person, Brennan. I'm Talon, you can call me Tal if you like. So why don't we go into the living room to talk more," I amended when I saw Brennan was about to protest.

Arriving in the living room, Luca stood up quickly, "What's going on Brennan? Why did your Alpha banish you from the pack because you found your mate?"

Brennan hung his head in shame, "It's because my mate is my best friend, Milo. When I told my Alpha that my mate was a male, he said I was banished from ever seeing him. Then I was ordered to either reject Milo or leave the pack for good."

"That is horrible! It shouldn't matter who Brennan's mate is! It defiantly should not be a reason to kick him out either!" Rose demanded angrily.

"Did your Alpha harm you or Milo?" Luca questioned.

"He bruised my right arm and gave me a black eye that's fading slowly now, but I don't know about Milo. I was able to secretly keep in touch with him after I was ordered to leave and then lost contact about two days ago. I'm scared something happened to my mate." Brennan finished saying after pulling up his sleeve on his right arm, showing the fading bruise.

Lifting up his chin with my fingers, I pushed Brennan's black hair from his face to see the paling bruise around his right eye.

"Don't you worry. We're gonna help you get your mate back safely to you," I promised.

"You're not gonna let him go back there are you? It won't be safe for Brennan or Milo, not after what their Alpha did," Luca demanded with a worry tone.

I smiled at them knowing it would ease their worry, "No, Brennan is going to stay with us. Once we get Milo safely here, both him and Brennan with become part of the pack. I'll introduce them to everyone at the ceremony along with Angel before the family get-together."

Angel stepped forward smiling, "Would you like something to eat?"

Brennan nodded shyly, "Yes please."

"Ok. While I make dinner for everyone, Jamie and Hanna will show you to the spare bedroom so you can get washed up and changed," Angel offered in a soft motherly tone.

It made me so proud to see how far my mate has come from out of her shell.

Here Angel was, taking care of this young boy who wasn't even hers, and I knew just by that how great a Luna she was going to be.

•|•|•|•|•

(Mason/rogue Alpha's Surprise P.O.V.)

That bitch! I can't believe her and that little brat have not been found yet!

When I find her, I'll finally get rid of her like I should of done when that stupid child was born.

Connor had found out that she was close by, but he didn't know which pack house it was.

"Mason! Alpha!" I heard my Beta, Connor, yell out.

I looked towards him, "What?"

"I think we were able to narrow the search down to about two packs in the area. Some of our wolves patrolling the lands, came across a pack who was more than willing to help us out if we took something off their hands," Connor smirked.

He snapped his fingers and two Guard Wolves brought forward a young boy about 15-16 years old.

"His Alpha was happy to help us as long as we took the boy off his hands for free. He banished the boy from his mate and then told his mate to leave the pack," Connor explained as they pushed the boy towards me.

"What's your name boy!" I growled, my wolf loving the fear rolling off of him.

"M-m-ilo," the boy whimpered pathetically, trying to get free of the two Guard Wolves holding his arms tightly.

"His mate is the half-cousin of a Beta to one of the Alphas' we think Angel might be hiding at. We're just not sure which of those two packs we narrowed the search too, she's at," one of the Guard Wolves informed me.

"Well, let's see what we can find out shall we," I laughed smugly.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 76 66
Madelyn Norlyse. Brown hair with matching brown eyes and a soul that's absolutely lifeless. Dull. Empty. She has been abused and used so many times t...
210K 9.6K 38
"I know I'm a monster, but even I have my limits!" I shout at him. He shouldn't have done that. "Wait, please, I- , let me explain. I'm sorry-" "I sh...
421K 8.6K 28
She moved with a certain thoughtfulness about her. Every step was placed gently. Whether this is to disappear from those around her or to protect the...
70.4K 2.8K 24
❝Many things are hard, but killing your fated mate has got to be the hardest.❞ BOOK #2 OF 'HEART OF THE WOLF PRINCE' ******** Once the unremarkable R...