Noah and Richelle: love preva...

By Someonewhoisnthere

This story was intended to be just a one-shot, but I liked sit so much I just had to continue with it! Just a... More

Storm Deja Vu
What is and What isn't
Um..... What's Going on Here? (Bryles)
I Need Her.....
Motorcycle Crap and Stuff
Party Plans
Why Are You Doing This to Yourself?
It's Up!
How We Met
15 facts about me
School Blues (Sequel to How we Met)
Dancing Days (Bryles)
New book!!
Trio Trouble
Closer (Sequel to Trio Trouble)
The Trouble With Siblings
Sadistic Love
Her Demon, His Lover
Not an update: more of a warning

What Did I Just Say?......

1.9K 41 18
By Someonewhoisnthere

Hey guys! Now I know I promised I'd make a part two of my last chapter, but I just got this idea and I wanted to make it a one-shot! Hope y'all aren't mad.... But the next one-shot after this one WILL be part 2, I promise!

Special dedication and shoutout to XoxoCookieLover cause I got this idea from her fantastic nochelle story, "Trying Too Hard." Go check it out, it's amazing! Trust me, you'll love it😉.

So, without further ado, I give you one-shot number ten! Enjoy!

Synopsis: What if Abi got onto A-troupe in season 4? What if Richelle has a problem with her dating Noah? What if her feelings for Noah returns. Takes place in the episode of the trios.

Noah's P.O.V:

So apparently there's a trip competitor for regionals, and I think it'd be really sweet if Abi, Richelle and I did one together. I walk over to my beautiful girlfriend (A/B: that was painful to write) and smile at her. "Hey Abi, want to partner up for the trio competition?" I ask her.

Abi smiles sweetly at me and nods. "But who else would be on it with us?" She asks me curiously. "I was thinking maybe Richelle?" I suggest. Richelle is my greatest friend, I've known her for years as she's a spectacular dancer. We've done plenty of dances together in the past so we work extremely well with each other. And if we add Abi, who is also a phenomenal dancer, to the trio, I think we could create something really into easier and special.

Abi nods her head again. "Sure, let's do it!" She agrees with enthusiasm. Great, I'm glad she's on board. Now all I have to do is convince Richelle, which usually wouldn't be a problem but she's been acting pretty strange nowadays, especially when I'm with Abi. She acts sorta hostile, and I'm usually used to it but this is different. It's like she's mad at me for something and I don't know what it is. Did I hurt her feelings? If I did, it wasn't intentional but I don't remember saying anything critical or negative towards her, so I can't exactly understand why she's acting so- mad.

I sigh and forget about it for now as I approach Richelle who is stretching by herself. "Hey Richie!" I greet her and she scowls slightly at me. See this is what I mean, what did I do? I only said hi! Is- is that offensive in some religions? Shrugging it off, I ask over to where she's now standing. "So you must've heard about the trio completions already," I start and she nods her head, "so I was wondering if you'd be open to doing on with me and Abi?"

Richelle starts to frown at me much to my confusion. What did I do wrong? I only asked her if she wanted to do a trio with Abi and I! "Seriously Noah? No, I'm not doing one with you and Abi," she says with disgust audible in her voice. Then she turns her back towards me and continues to stretch as if I'm not even there.

This makes me sort of angry. How did I offend her in any way? Doesn't she get that I must hold her in high respect if I'm asking to dance with her? People here wanna dance with the best dancers on A-Troupe and I believe Richelle is one of them! Can't she understand that?!

"Richelle what's going on with you? You've been acting more hostile to me and Abi," I ask her and she stops stretching abruptly and turns around, glaring at me hard. "Nothing's going on with me Noah. You'd know that if you weren't so busy sucking faces with your girlfriend all the time," she tells me harshly. I'm taken aback at this. Sucking faces? Me and Abi don't kiss all the time. Sure we do give each other a peck on the lips once and a while, but that's what couples do! We've never made out in our life, we've only started to date a week ago! I think making out would be a bit too much and too soon in our relationship right now.

"See Richelle, this is exactly what in talking about. You don't even have your facts straight! Why are you acting so- so rude?" I ask her angrily. I'm so tired of this, I don't even understand why it's happening! "I'm not acting rude!" She yells back, probably catching the attention from all do A-troupe now, "and I'm NOT being ridiculous! You're just not thinking, like usual. You don't even understand the simplest things. Go away," she snarls at me and turns away again.

I'm not done yet though. I'm not leaving until I get a solid answer about why she's acting like this. "I didn't even do anything to you! At least nothing that I know of!" I exclaim to her, irritated, "what's happening to you, Richie? What's causing you to act like this?" "Would you just leave me alone? Why can't you take a simple 'no' for an answer?" She snaps at me. "I at least want to know why you don't want to dance with me!" I snap back. She never gave me a reason for that either. She never says no when I ask her to participate in a dance number with me.

"You really wanna know why I didn't want to do a trio with you?" She asks me, and I resist the urge to roll my eyes. No Richelle, I don't. I only just asked you why two seconds ago. "It's because I don't want to dance with a weaker dancer!" She yells and everyone gasps, as I give her a shocked look. Weaker dancer? Does she really think I'm that bad? I mean I know I've messed up a few times n'all, but I- I just thought she thought I was good. That's what she told me before.

"W-weaker dancer?!" I ask her with anger evident in my tone, "you really think that? We're best friends!" I exclaim. Richelle shakes her head. "see this is the reason why I think you understand anything," she says, "we're not best friends. We're not even friends."

That causes my heat to stop for a moment. "Wh- what?" I ask quietly, unable to get my voice any higher than a barely audible whisper. I'm overcome with shock. Not friends? I mean I know I've been pretty distant lately, but- ouch. That strikes deep.

"What, did you think after internationals everything was gonna be the same?" She ask me with a humourless laugh, "your funny Noah, you really are. It's hilarious you think that you can ignore someone for the a whole year and still call hem your 'bestie'." "B-but...." I stutter at a loss for words. I know last year I did spend a lot of time worrying about Abi and spending the little free time I had from A-troupe practice to flirt with herald stuff like that, but I feel really bad about leaving Richelle out and this year I wanna make it up to her. Well, wanted. It looks like she wants nothing to do with me now.

"I- I'm sorry-" I try and apologize but Richelle cuts me off, "I hate you," she tells me and turns away from my sight. Suddenly down thing pierced my heart and leaves a gaping hole in it. This is literally the pain I feel right now. Trying to blink away the tears stinging at my eyes, I walk quickly out of Studio A ignoring the calls of my name from Abi and Riley, and the mutters from the rest of A-troupe. I make my way into the music room, gulping down the big lump in my throat. I still can't believe that she ha- ow. It even hurts to think about it. Thinking about it makes my heart slash into tiny pieces

After a bit I start dancing to the song, "it used to be everything." It really describes the way I'm feeling right now, plus it's a way to get all my emotions out. It's like I had something special and now that it's gone, it left an empty hole in my heart. That thing was Richelle. Feeling the impact she left on me, I realize just how much I actually care for her. Just how much I need her. But she hates me. And I don't even know why.

Once the song finishes I back up to a wall and slide down it slept, putting my head into my hands. Not being able to hold it in anymore, I let the tears fall from my eyes. "Why?" I ask myself quietly. Why does she h- ouch. I clutch my chest with my hand at the aching pain that pangs at my heart. I still can't think about it. I run my hands though my hair a so continue to cry. "What did I do?" I ask loudly and hopelessly, though no one will hear me."wh- what did I do?" I repeat quietly looking downwards. What did I do Richie? Please tell me......

Richelle's P.O.V:

I really didn't mean anything I said ban there and in starting to feel really guilty. I just got so- angry. I can sort of understand where Noah was coming from last year. Maybe he wanted it make it up to me. But I acted rude and hostile and just plain mean to him when I really shouldn't of. I guess I just wanted to prove to myself that I really don't have feelings for him, but it didn't work. And now I've left my best friend thinking that I hate him.

"Richelle!" Abi exclaims out loud at me. I just scowl at her. I really cannot handle her right now. "What the hell was that for? That was a bit harsh, was it not?!" She asks me with disbelief and runs out of the room to find Noah. "Richelle....." I feel Riley pull me to the side after she tells everyone else to rehearse, "why did you really say all those things to Noah?" She asks me calmly.

I glad Riley pulled me over because I really need to confide in someone. "I-.... I really, really like Noah," I tell her, choking the tears back, "and I didn't mean anything I said back there I've just been so mad and jealous lately because I've missed him so much but he's been busy with Abi a lot, and I just said all this stuff to him and made him sad even though it isn't even I his fault, it's mine but-" I start to rant but Riley grabs my shoulders to shut me up.

"Richelle, Richelle calm down!" She tells me. "It's okay, I get it. People say things when they're angry and over emotional, I get it. Maybe you just go talk to him and explain," she suggests. I give her a disbelieving look. "Talk to him?" I ask her, "are you crazy? He thinks I hate him!" "Then go and prove to him that you don't. He's probably confused as why you 'hate' him," she says, putting air quotes around "hate". I think about it for a while. It does make sense. Maybe this way I can fix what I started.

I smile at her gratefully. "Thanks Riley, you're the best!" I give her a big hug and run off to the music room where I assume Noah is. On the way, I run into Abi. Oh boy. "Whet rare you going?" She asks me. "To see Noah. I have to talk to him," I say and try and move past her but she batts cafes my way. I growl in frustration. "Abi, don't you dare try and stop me," I glare at her slightly, thinking that she's just being possessive of Noah.

What surprises me is when she starts to sigh. "Richelle, I know you like Noah," she says. I blink in surprise. Was it really that freaking obvious? "What the heck a re you talking about?" I try and come across as if I don't know what the hell she's talking about, but she sees straight through it. "Richelle please. Why else would you go so mad at Noah and I?" I try and come uppity a suitable excuse but I can think of any. Sheepishly I close my mouth and she sighs again. "Exactly," she says, "but don't worry, I'm fine with it," okay, now that's a shock.

"Wh-what? You're fine with it?" I ask her confused. She nods. I see how he looks at you and how you look at him. He really cares about you. When I went to go see him he was crying. It was silent but I could see that this was really bothering him. He- he really does love you Richelle," Abi informs me. Hearing this just hurts my heart even more. Knowing how much hurt I'm giving him just kills me. I can only imagine how he feels right now.

"Abi you don't have to do this," I say, but she shakes her head. "I want Noah to be happy-" she says with a slight sigh, "but it looks like I'm not the one he'll truly be happy with." Then she looks at me and smiles sheepishly. "Now go and make him better again," she says encouragingly.

I give her an appreciative smile and run off in the direction of the music room. I come to an abrupt stop when I hear the sound of- a piano? It sounds like it's coming from the music room. Could Noah be-? I slowly walk towards the music room and peak in the room, gasping slightly. It IS Noah playing the piano. I'm not too surprised I mean I already knew he could play the piano. What actually surprised me is the song he's playing. I recognize it as "I Found" by Amber Run. Then he opened his mouth and starts to sing softly:

And I'll use you as a warning sign,
That if you talk enough sense then you'll lose your mind.
When he starts to sing, I start to smile slightly. He's always had such an amazing voice......

And I'll use you as a focal point,
So I lose sight of what I want.
And I moved farther than I thought I could,
But I missed you more than I thought I would.
And I'll use you as a warning sign,
That if you talk enough sense, then you'll lose your mind.

Oh, and I found love where it wasn't supposed to be,
Right in front of me,
It talked some sense to me......
And I found love where it wasn't supposed to be,
Right in front of me,
It talked some sense to me.....
I try my hardest to hold in a gasp when I hear him sing the lyrics: he's singing these lyrics about- about me....... About us.

And I'll use you as a makeshift cage,
Of how much to give and how much to take,
And I'll use you as a warning sign,
That if you talk enough sense then you'll use your mind.

Oh, and I found love where it wasn't supposed to be,
Right in front of me,
It talked some sense to me......
And I found love where it wasn't supposed to be,
Right in front of me,
It talked so sense to me.......

He played the last few keys before he stopped and just sat there looking sullen. I must've been caught in a trance by his voice cause I suddenly realize I was staring. Noah's voice just seems to have that affect on people, it always has. No matter if he's singing, talking or whatever, it just has to be heard. I all the times when we were younger and we used to go to the park where he'd read to me as we laid against our favourite tree.

~Flashback~

"C'mon Noah, C'mon!" Yelled nine year-old Richelle to her best friend Noah, who was trailing up the hill behind her. She giggled the entire way up the hill as she saw Noah huff and puff with exhaustion. "Slow down, Richie! You know I'm not as full of energy as you are!" He yells back, finally catching up with his best friend. By the time the two reach the top of the hill Noah was flat out exhausted. Richelle couldn't hold in her constant giggles as she watched her friend collapse on the ground.

"Y'know, for someone who's specializes in one of the hardest dance styles of them all, you sure at rout of shape," she teased him with a small laugh. Noah looked up at her with a small glare, though he knew she was only joking. "Hush, I know," he says and sticks a hand out, abating Richelle to pull him up. She does so and he springs to his feet after catching his breath a bit.  "Now c'mon," Richelle says and summons her friend over with a wave of her hand, "Stella's probably waiting for us."

'Stella' was the name of the tree both Noah and Richelle adored. Stella was a large sycamore tree with long and firm branches which they'd always climb and play in. Of course, Stella wasn't there's because she belonged to the public park; but that didn't stop Richelle and Noah from decorating her with little trinkets all spring her branches. That was one of the two things that made Stella different from the rest of the sycamore trees. The other thing was the "N+R+S" that was gently carved into the bark of her trunk by Noah and Richelle.

As the two approached Stella they ran up to her and gave her a hug. "Hi Stella!" They both simultaneously greeted her happily. "We've missed you!" Richelle added which caused Noah to laugh a bit. "Richelle, it's only been three days!" He said with a chuckle. "I know," Richelle said with a grin, "but that's too long for me. Imagine us never seeing each other for three whole days!" She said dramatically.

Noah gasped, horrified at the thought. "Oh wow, that is long!" He said causing to nod her head affirmatively. "Told you so!" She said, "anyways, which ones did you bring this time?" Richelle asked as she held the ends of her green dress with small, light yellow flowers decorating it, before sitting down, resting her back against the tree trunk of Stella.

In response, Noah took off his backpack and sat beside her in a similar position. He opened the backpack and took out a few of their favourite books. "I brought, 'Alice in Wonderland', a few Robert Munsch books, 'Charlotte's Web', a book of Fairy tales, and a book full of Shel Silverstein's poems," he informed her, spreading them all out on the soft grass for her to see. "Choose your pick."

Richelle got on all fours and crawled over to the books, looking at each of them carefully. After a bit, she pointed to the book of fairy tales. "This one. Though I love all the others, we haven't read this one yet," she told Noah, who nodded in agreement. "Good choice. I was hoping you'd pick that one, though I would've been happy with any of your choices," he said to her. Noah usually read to Richelle and sometimes, she'd read to him too. But she preferred it when Noah read to her instead. He was the best reader in the fourth grade, advancing way past their level. His voice was so magical too. His voice reminded her of how she imagined Mo Folchart's voice would be like in the book 'Inkheart' that Noah read to her a while back.

Noah reached for the thick book full of fairy tales, and leaned back against Stella while he let his legs rest out in front of him. Richelle went around Stella and returned with the chain of many wild flowers she had been working on everything they came up here. Which was often.

She layer herself on the ground, resting her head on Noah's legend as she picked a random flower and began to weave the stem of it around the one at the end of the chain. She rose her head up a bit and looked Noah in the eyes. "You can start now," she informed him and Noah nodded, opening up the book while Richelle continued to fiddle aprons with her flower chain.

~End of Flashback~

Those were the days when we were happiest. Heck, we still continued with that tradition even after last year. I just hope I can fix things so we can carry on this tradition....

Tentatively, I walk towards him, stopping a foot or two behind his back. "Hey," I say softly, causing him to jump in surprise and turn around in his seat to face me. His face is full of shock when he sees me. "R-richelle.... I-" he stutters as he fumbles out of his seat and starts to back away slowly. I can feel my heart dropping down in my stomach and bouncing right back up again. Is Noah afraid of me?
"I-I'm sorry...... I was just-" he sighs, "I'll leave now if you want," sullenly, he starts to turn around and walk away.

My eyes widen and I immediately start to panic. "No.... No, wait!" I cry out, running after him and placing a hand on his shoulder. Noah wide s his eyes and looks at my hand and then at me. "I came here to- to see you," I say quietly. He gives me an inquiring look. "But- but I thought you hated me," he timidly asks me. Swallowing the big lump of guilt in my throat, I shake my head. "No, I don't hate you....... I guess I just wanted to vent my anger out," I say shamefully, hanging my head a little.

Noah sighs and throws his head back in exasperation. "See that's the thing; why though?" He asks me, "why're you so angry at me? Is it because of last year? Richelle I'm trying to make more time with you, u swear I'll never neglect you again-" "Noah! Stop blaming yourself! This is my fault!" I suddenly yell out causing him to stop speaking. Sighing, I continue, "the reason I was mad is because- u was jealous of you and Abi."

Noah doesn't say anything for a while, which makes me extremely nervous. What if he gets mad at me? "What do you mean?" He asks me quietly after a bit. So he doesn't exactly know what I mean. Well stretching the truth a bit wouldn't hurt, would it? "Well you see I- I was jealous of how you and Abi were spending so much time with each other like we used to...... I'm being selfish, I know. But I miss my best friend," I explain. Not exactly a lie. Just not the whole truth...

We stand in silence for a while before Noah says, "Richelle, why didn't you just tell me?" I look up at him. "I tried! I tried so many times to make time with you but you were always busy!" I exclaim causing him to look very guilty. "Oh," he answers quietly and looks up at me. "I'm really sorry Richelle. I am..... I guess I just-" he cuts himself off and sighs, running a hand through his hair and collapsing in the ground against the wall.

I walk over to him and crouch down in front of him. "I know you're sorry. I shouldn't of been so mean and hostile. I know you're trying, but I was just too angry to notice. Don't be so hard on yourself," I say in a soft voice and caress his cheek with my hand. It's something I used to always do with him to calm him and sympathize him.

He looks up at me with eyes filled with sorrow. It breaks my heart to see him like this. "I feel like a failure though," he says softly, "and not just to you. To Abi as well...... I don't know if I can keep being her boyfriend..... Not with these feelings-" he abruptly cuts himself off and falls silent. "What feelings?" I ask curiously. Noah stays silent. "Noah, what feelings?" I ask him again, but he only shakes his head. "Noah, you know you can trust me," I say, by he only shakes his head again. "No," he murmurs and looks up at me, "it would only ruin our friendship."

I give him a confused look. He sighs and looks down again. "and my relationship with Abi......" He furthermore says. Now I'm even more curious to know what he's talking about. "Noah," I say softly, and ily his head up so that he's looking me in the eyes, "nothing you can say or do could ruin our friendship," I tell him sincerely. He gives me a skeptical look. "I did before," he replies quietly.

Groaning, I throw my head back in annoyance. "Noah, none of that was your fault!" I shout at him. "Just tell me what's on your mind-" "it's you, alright!?" He yells back suddenly, thoroughly shocking me. "Your the one who's constantly on my mind......... The one who I care about more than anything else in this world," he tells me. I stay silent as he lets out a huff of mixed frustration and confliction. "But I can't have that cause I'm already in a relationship, and you probably are still a bit upset with me about the whole ignoring you thing, and I don wanna screw anything else up-" I cut him off by placing a soft kiss on his lips.

Noah instantly responds by kissing me back. We kiss for a good eight seconds or so, then we depart with Noah looking at me with shock. I give him a small smile, before leaning back. "Wh-......" He trails off but continues to ask silently and softly after a while, "what about what happened earlier?......." I continue to smile at him. "It's okay," I say caressing his cheek a bit, "I'm fine with it, trust me." He nods slowly as if trying to process this all, before asking in the same tone, "what about Abi?......" 

"Abi-" "Is fine with it too," a voice from behind us finishes for me. Noah and I look over to see Abi staring at us from the door. Noah immediately springs up to his feet. "Abi, I-" he starts to try and explain, but she just shakes her head and gives us both a soft smile. "Noah you don't have to explain. I'm okay wth it, really. Richelle and I already talked," She tells him. I start to pick myself up off the ground and stand a little ways away from the two as Noah slowly approaches her. "Are you sure?" He asks her softly. She smiles and nods her head. "I'm sure..... You and Richelle were always made to be together, and I don't want to be the on to get in the way of that," she says, before adding, "And I also don't want to be the one to stop you from feeling what you both are feeling." Noah stays silent for a while before giving Abi a small smile. "Thanks Abi," he says, "For understanding." Abi nods pecks Noah on the cheek. "Bye Noah," she says, giving us both one last smile before leaving the room. 

Silence fills the room up for a minute or two, before I decide to walk up to Noah. "So........ Did that end it all, or?......" I ask kind of awkwardly. Noah lets out a breathy laugh. "Yes Richelle, it did," he tells me. I nod slowly and silence returns once more. It's starting to make me grow more and more crazy. "Why can't you just say something?" I internally ask myself with anger. 

Just when I think I'm about to go flat out insane over the entire thing, Noah decides to speak up, "uh, I'm pretty sure you and I both know what we want right now, so I'm just gonna go and say it in the traditional way," he says. Anyone else listening right now would probably think that makes no sense, but I understand him completely. Heaving a big sigh, Noah asks, "Richie, will you be my girlfriend?"

A smile starts to grow on my face as I turn to face him properly. "Yes, a thousand times over," I say, grinning. Noah starts to smile as well. "Great!" he says happily. Suddenly the glee and joy starts to disappear just as quickly as it came. We both just stand here awkwardly, once again knowing exactly what we want to do and want to happen, but not making any action to try and MAKE it happen. This goes on for a while, and finally I'm fed up with this whole scenario. "Screw it," I think to myself and turn towards him. At the same exact moment, Noah decides to turn towards me as well. "Richelle-" He starts to say but gets cut off by me, jumping into his arms, and laying one down on him, HARD.

After getting over the initial shock, Noah wraps his arms around me and starts to kiss back. Once we depart to breathe, I see him smile at me. "This is most definitely the Richie I know," He says, and I smirk back. "Oh, and she isn't going anywhere, anytime soon either," I say, and he chuckles a bit. "Good," he says before he starts to kiss me once more. So to sum that all up, what scared out to be a complete shitty day turned into the most magnificent day ever. "Being in love has go to be the best thing," I think while I continue to kiss Noah. Best. Day. Yet.

Annnnnnndddddd that's it! Apologies once more for this one-shot not being a sequel or the part two from my latest one, and more apologies for the long wait! I finally found the time to finish it and for four days I was in Ottawa on a school trip without any wifi. So yeah. But I hope you enjoyed this! P.S. did anyone get the reference I made in the last paragraph? It's a quote I picked up from someone who I think (and/or hope) you all know. 

One last shoutout to XoxoCookieLover for giving me this great idea! Also, check out the song, "I Found" from Amber Run when you get a chance, I'm hooked on it! It also just so happens to be the song played in the Canadian Dance Company's "Head vs Heart" dance which does not contain Myles nor Briar, but does however contain Devon, and is a fantastic dance anyhow, make sure to check that out as well. God I feel like someone on he radio right now...... Oh well!

So guys tell me: How'd you like this one-shot? Good? Bad? Make sure to tell me in the comments, reviews are accepted! Vote if you did like this and if any of you readers have instagram, I'm tns_obsessor, follow me if you'd like! I'll try and update my other book "The Star" as soon as possible as well! Love you guys!

-Someonewhosisnthere

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.2K 109 21
what if it all happened differently? what if noah did like summer, what if they weren't dancers, what if it wasn't jiley, what if they were the hero...
49.3K 634 17
I look at him with tearful eyes and ask him one more time. "Why would you ever try to replace me? Am I not good enough?" His eyes fall to the floor a...
15.1K 307 18
some random stories on the cutest couple! <3
30.3K 856 59
Sequel of THE NEXT STEP BRYLES SHOW THE WORLD In this book we'll follow our ship, Richelle and Noah (aka Bryles) in their first tour all around the w...