Beauty Loves the Beast

By trackrunner14

James has never really had friends, he never was the social type. Poor James was the type who was consider sc... More

Beauty Loves the Beast
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14

Chapter 13

8.1K 330 27
By trackrunner14

sorry for such the long wait... i been messing up all week. i am a screw up!

enjoy..........

Kaylee's outfit to the side...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kaylee’s POV

“How do you think hanging out with Peter went yesterday?” I asked, applying my mascara to my eyes. I was currently getting ready for my date with James, he told me to dress all formal… So I went out with Peter’s sister today dress shopping were we found the perfect dress for me. 

It was silent for a few seconds before his reply came. “I think it went well, after you went into the dorm he stopped me and apologized for being rude. He says that I am the most truthful friend he has because come to find out that Brittany cheated on him with most of his friends…”

I gasped, sliding the brush up my face. I let out a string of impolite words, trying to quickly wipe away the access makeup. “I can not believe she did that! All of his friends?”  I asked to make sure I was hearing him correctly.

“Yep all of them,” he grunted. “Surprised she isn’t pregnant right now…”

I shook my head, finishing up my makeup before turning to look at my dress which was hanging up on the hook. I smiled admiring the pattern and color of the dress. The dress was a cream color with what looked like leaf patterns on it, it stopped about mid thigh and had long sleeves.   

“I am surprised also,” I finally replied, I forgot that he said something when I started to admire my dress a few seconds ago.

“For a second there I thought you died,” he chuckled. 

I giggled, “I didn’t hear you banging on the door in fear. Clearly you didn’t care that much James..” I let out a fake sniffle, pretending to weep to see what his reaction would be. 

He knocked on the door. “Kaylee are you almost ready? I know you are fake crying… your real crying sounds different from that.”

My mouth dropped open in shock as I stood there staring at the door. “Ok so apparently you do care because how the heck would you know the difference…”

“Well it does help that you aren’t a very good actress.”

I snorted while slipping the dress around my body. I glanced in the mirror and did some last minute touch ups before opening the door, leaning against it for effect. “I am an amazing actress thank you very much.”

He rolled his eyes, making his way over to me. “If you say so…” He looked me up and down before wrapping his arms around my waist. “You look beautiful.” He again did a once over before planting a kiss on my nose.

I blushed, placing my head on his chest so he couldn’t see it. “Thanks,” I mumbled. I wrapped my arms around his waist and we stood there like that for a few minutes before he looked at his watch.

“Shall we go?”

I thought about if for a second, placing a hand on my chin. “Nah I think I will skip, I would rather watch movies…”

He didn’t reply. Reaching down he scooped me up into his arms and walked over towards the door. “Well to bad you are going,” he said with a chuckle. His fingers began to tickle me, somehow managing to keep me up at the same time.

“Stoooppppp,” I drawled out, grabbing onto his hands. I squirmed a little longer before I glared up at him, giving him that ‘do it again’ death threat look. His fingers finally came to a halt causing me to smile in victory.

He returned the smile, “I only stopped because as hot as you are in this dress…  I don’t particularly want men to see that dress of yours slip up your legs and possibly exposing what I am only allowed to see.”

I laughed. “Who says your going to get to see it? I am saving this for when I am married!” I crossed my arms and let out a puff of air, showing that I am standing my ground.

We make it to the car finally after multiple people stared in confusion at why he was carrying me, but hey if you can get out of walking in heels then do anything you can. I opened my door and sat down, getting comfy. “So are you going to tell me where we are going now?” I asked, looking over at James.

“Nope,” he stated, starting up the car and making his way out of the parking lot. “I will tell you this though…” he motioned for me to come closer with his finger. He looked very serious and I actually thought he was giving me a hint. 

I scooted closer and leaned in, ready to hear the hint so I could figure it out. “Ok what is it?” I asked excitedly, bouncing a little in my seat. My hands began to fidget as the silence he was giving me became unbearable.

He then planted his lips on mine. “There that’s what I wanted to tell you.” He smiled, focusing his attention back on the road, turning to the right sharply.

I grumbled under my breath, looking out the window at the scenery around me. The rest of the way I gave him the silent treatment because what he did was totally unfair and uncalled for… leading me on like that.

“Oh come on don’t be like that,” he whined, grabbing my hand and planting a kiss on it. Those brown orbs made me want to melt, which sooner then later I did. “It doesn’t matter though now because we are here.”

I looked out at the restaurant, it had a fancy name that I couldn’t pronounce and valet people standing out in front, waiting for people to drive up. Dim lights wove itself around the place, giving it that dark and mysterious look. “Wow,” was all I could say as James came around to open my door. I took his hand and quickly got out of the car, still gawking at the place. 

“Welcome to our date,” James whispered in my ear before tugging me in the front door of the place. He nodded at the hostess who blushed in return.

Walking past her I sent a glare, mouthing back off my man. She nodded and lowered her head in embarrassment which caused me to smile and feel guilty but hey she was clearly showing that she liked him.

We passed all the tables and walked into the back room were a DJ was set up. A little table sat there, lit by a single candle. The dinners were already placed on the table and soon so were we.

I took in everything in awe and smiled at James. “This must have cost a fortune! James you shouldn’t have…” I began, taking James outstretched hand.

He shook his hand, “My family is wealthy, we don’t act like it because we don’t like the attention but when special occasions come up we will spend a lot…” His warm eyes never left mine, giving me that calmness that I loved.

“This is a special occasion?” I asked breathlessly.

“My first date with a wonderful girl like you?” He began. “Yes this is a very special occasion…” he said, putting emphasis on very. “Now will my lovely girlfriend dance with me?”

Continue Reading