alexia | jjk

By BAPEJIMIN

❝ i'll carry you off into the sunset with no more dream playing in the background. ❞ More

000.
001.
002.
003.
004.
005.
006.
007.
008.
009.
010.
011.
012.
013.
014.
015.
016.
017. full chapter
018. full chapter
019. full chapter
020. full chapter
021.
022.
023. full chapter
025. full chapter
026. full chapter
027! epilogue
028! bonus chapter

024. full chapter

7.2K 406 123
By BAPEJIMIN

Apr. 8, 2016, 12:41 AM-Apr. 8, 2016, 12:41 AM
Alexia's time-Jeongguk's time

It was the first time Jeongguk had ever seen a person fall asleep during an action movie. The screen danced in her glossy eyes, but they did not withhold any emotion towards the movie. There was no widening of the eyes, let alone any blinking. She seemed to be a million miles away. At some point or another, Jeongguk didn't remember, she passed out. She was curled up on the corner of the plush couch, her arms cradling her head in a pillow.

Jeongguk paused the movie to stare at her. She looked heavenly. He didn't realize how long he'd stared at her. Everytime he tried to play the movie again and become immersed, she would stir, or even murmur something in her sleep, and he would pause it and stare at her a little longer. He had repeated this cycle until he realized that both the movie and Alexia were fighting for his attention, and she was winning. He finally switched it off and stared at her.

The couch seemed to swallow him, it was so comfortable. The longer he tried to hold open his eyes, the more sleep beckoned towards him. He finally gave in and slipped into oblivion, his head falling. He had never slept better. It was at 3:00 AM that he was awoken. He wasn't sure why, but his eyes popped open. Coincidentally, so had her's.

They both sat up, gazing around the dark room. Squinting to see if they could catch a glimpse of each other. Lexie reached out her hand, her fingers grazing his cheek. She poked him lightly.

"Are you awake?" She asked.

He smiled, "Yes."

"I sense you're smiling." She told him, bringing her hand away from his cheek.

"I sense you are as well." He responded.

"You're right." She confirmed. Jeongguk could hear her smile. It was as if the crescent shape her mouth formed as he smiled bent her words and turned them lively. "Jeongguk."

He frowned, her voice had changed as she spoke his name. She sounded deeply worried, "What's wrong?" He asked, scooting closer, hoping he wasn't too close.

"You're leaving soon." She stated.

He was taken aback by her question, "Yeah," he responded softly. "In a couple days."

She was quiet for a long time. Jeongguk reached out, searching the length of the couch for her hand to grab for reassurance. He found it, somehow, and held on tightly, hoping it wouldn't slip away in the darkness. Her hands entwined in his, and they sat in somber silence. He could feel her inching her way closer, and he welcomed this.

She reached forward, touching his shoulder with delicate uncertainty. With enough gentleness that made Jeongguk's heart flutter, she trailed her fingers up the slope of his shoulders to his cheek. This helped her guide her other hand to his face. She was close now. He could see the glint in her eyes, shining brightly.

"There you are." She said, her voice sounded relieved, as if she had been searching for him for years. He could see her pearly teeth gleaming as she smiled. He grinned back at her, a low chuckle resounding from him.

He could kiss her right now if he wanted to. He could. He didn't know what was holding him back. He didn't have a very long time to dwell on the thought, when she completed the idea for him, and pressed her lips on to his. His heart leapt in his chest, and he brought his arms around her instinctively, pulling her close. He smiled against her lips, and she broke into a smile, too. She kissed him with all the desire she had packed away earlier on.

When they broke away, he buried his head into her neck, his breath fanning her skin. They hugged each other tightly, holding each other as close as they could. He could feel her heartbeat pumping furiously against him, and he felt less embarassed about how hard his heart was beating, too. Lexie coaxed words out of her mouth, trying to be articulate, but her emotions overtook her.

She pulled away from him, trying to gather sense into her brain without his intoxicating scent and his warmth distracting her, "I think, l-like you said earlier. . . How we're so close yet so far away? And how the odds are against us. . . Remember?" She asked.

"Yes." Jeongguk replied softly. His hands rested on her waist, and her arms were around his neck, and her voice sounded like a sweet, autumn breeze in his ears.

"You were right, the odds are against us. We are close, and we are far away in so many crazy aspects," she told him. "But I've never felt so sure of any moment. No moment has ever felt so right. . . Do you feel that way, too?" She asked.

"I do." He replied, vigorously nodding.

"I know that when you go home and I go off to college, you and I will still be apart of each other," she told him, her voice soft and thoughtful. "I think. . . that I've changed my mind. The odds are not against us, they could never be more in our favor. We are so lucky to have met each other, let alone stumble upon each other in the first place. . . more on my part than yours, though. Even if it's not permanent. Even if you forget me years down the road, this moment is our's forever." She told him, her voice cracking, tears distorting her vision.

Jeongguk was speechless. Her body shook with sobs against his, so he held her tighter, grabbing fistfuls of her shirt. She had confronted a mature mindset earlier on than he had, forcing him to think about it in this moment. He didn't want to, though. He never did.

When she had steadied, he kissed her passionately. Her hands dropped from his face and on to his shoulders, while he grasped her face, fingers tangling in tufts of soft hair. Their lips danced against each other for a moment, and he pulled away, leaving their lips swollen and deep pink. They couldn't see this in the dark, though.

"I love you." He whispered in ragged breath, not knowing if she heard.

"I love you too." She responded.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

168K 9.7K 17
[don't close the lights..they come out and play]
74.9K 3.6K 16
"You don't need to lighten up my world, just stay with me in the dark."
27.1K 1.4K 30
❝after you left me, my world had already stopped.❞
75.7K 4K 18
jinkook. ❝why do you keep pushing me away, when all i want is to hold you closer?❞ [sequel to control]