Forbidden Desires - BOOK 1 |...

Oleh RinnieSan

Erika Okarii, a member of the vicious and murderous, Phantom Troupe! Given orders by the boss, Erika is requ... Lebih Banyak

PROLOUGE
CHAPTER 1 The Orders Given
CHAPTER 2 Tasks and Obstacles
CHAPTER 3 Making 'Friends'
CHAPTER 4 Hisako
CHAPTER 5 Frenemies, Part-1
CHAPTER 6 Frenemies, Part-2
CHAPTER 7 True Friends
CHAPTER 8 A-MAZE-ing • Meet Up
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18 【FINAL】
Book 2
2k Reads & 100 Votes?!
Thank you guys.

CHAPTER 12

2.7K 99 8
Oleh RinnieSan

〈Escaping Alone〉

【ERIKA】

It was dark by the time Erika woke up. The only sounds were of peaceful breathing and a quiet ticking of the clock.

Kurapika's head was no longer on her head, but tilted to the left. This gave her the escape she desperately needed.

She quickly got up from the couch and silently headed to the upper right corner of the confined room. Glancing at the clock from the corner of her eye she sighed.

27:34 more hours. That gives me 23 more hours to escape.

Making a tiny, dim fire she looked at the shadow it made. Small but she could fit.

Erika's body glowed with aura as she used her ability to slip into the dark shadow.

"Escaping Shadows"
She muttered silently.

Her body took the form of a wispy female and she disappeared through the darkness, slinking from wall to wall then through the cracks in the walls.

Erika felt hesitant as she left her companions then she checked her clock. It was an all time low for her and she wasn't allowed to slack off on a mission.

Ridding herself of her cheery counterpart and slipping into a killing calm, Erika's shadow continued to slink and slip through the walls until she made it to the final door.

She released herself from her shadowy form and took on a physical one. The stone passageway opened up and a speaker began to voice.

"8th place, #73."

She grunted loudly, Hisoka smirked and gave her a sideways glance. She noticed Pokkle, the arched boy, look at her weirdly. Erika glared back with eyes like daggers. Pokkle immediately looked away.

The hotheaded, purple haired girl then took a place next to Hisoka and his ticking friend.

When she sat down Erika noticed the familiar aura that came from the disguised freak.

"Illumi Zoldyck, of the powerful assassin family, what a pleasant surprise. I didn't think you would come here. Is it because of Killua?"
She muttered, loud enough for him and Hisoka to hear.

Illumi clicked and looked at her. Enough of a response for Erika to accept.

"Hmm, where are your... Colleagues?"
Hisoka asked, creepily.

Erika tensed inside, but not physically. She wouldn't show any weakness to the clown or a Zoldyck.

"I left them in their prison. The clock was ticking and I couldn't spend all day in there. They'll be freaking or most likely."
She said calmly.

Hisoka smiled broadly and licked his lips like the disturbing creature he is.

"I see."
Was all he said before he got up from his position and stretched.

"Oh well."
He muttered.

His words made Erika shiver but she brushed it off. Guilt washed over her mind but her the ice in her heart kept it at bay.

Meanwhile....

【KURAPIKA】

When he awoke Kurapika sleepily rubbed his eyes. His vision came back instantly and he could hear frantic voices.

Gon and Killua were looking around and yelling,

"Where'd she go?!"

She? He thought.

Looking around the room Kurapika found no sign of Erika. Immediately he started to worry, concentrating on possible solutions.

He couldn't think of any that made sense. Surely if she was leaving she'd tell them.

Kurapika bit his bottom lip hard enough to draw blood. When he noticed the blonde boy swiped his sleeve over his lip. The blood made a small, red blood stain.

Deciding the best thing was to hope for the best Kurapika pleaded with himself to calm down. The boys, however, didn't react the same way.

• @ •

【GON】

Gon was worried. First, his suspicions and doubts were coming back to him trying to persuade his mind to tell the others but on the other hand his good vibe and innocence kept him calm.

Second, his mind was flooding with possibilities. Could she have left without them? Was she taken? It was all too much for the green-haired 12 year-old.

Gon had tried staying calm and was soon yelling at Killua to stop overreacting. The screaming must've been to loud since all three older guys started to awaken.

Leorio growled at him and Tonpa grunted. Kurapika noticed the problem and started to panic but soon his composure returned to him.

Pity flooded over Gon seeing his friend so confident in Erika's disappearance. He must've believed she stayed loyal.

Gon would love to think like Kurapika but there was that irritating and nagging fact only he knew. It troubled him to keep it all a secret and lie but Gon just couldn't give her away. It was just his nature.

Thankfully, Killua finally calmed down and sat beside Kurapika in deep thought. A sigh of relief escaped Gon's mouth as he, too, plopped down on the couch and continued to think.

• @ •

【ERIKA】

It had been several hours since her shadowy escape and Erika already disliked the quiet and boredom.

Time was running it and soon there would be no more.

Many of the participates poured into the circular room one by one and grabbed their share of food.

Some of the people decided to practice their skills with their weapons giving Erika the chance to study their intensity.

None of them were too difficult, she would be able to escape or fight her way out with ease.

The timer was almost up on Erika's clock. She took occasional glances trying hard not to look too suspicious.

The seconds ticked down slowly.

50 more minutes left...

Erika closed her eyes in attempt to release any lingering guilt and any growing anxiety. Clearing her mind all she though about was passing and hoping her friends were safe. She also thought about what to say when or if her companions came through a door.

Seconds became minutes and the minutes seemed to go faster and faster even though they never changed pace.

Erika let all the anxiousness and anxiety inside her mind so she would show no weakness. Hisoka gave her some side glances, which she shunned, and Illumi just continued to tick, like the seconds on her watch.

Tick-tock. Tick-tock.

Soon only 5 minutes remained and Erika started to doubt the chances. But, when the timer came down to only a few minutes a door opened. Gon, Killua, and Kurapika came out but no Leorio or Tonpa.

It have relieved her and saddened her, internally, of course. She was happy Gon, Killua, and Kurapika made it and Tonpa was gone but sad Leorio had to leave.

Suddenly, a door next to the three boys' opened and the two men came out. Leorio looked tired and Tonpa was as chubby as always.

A 'phew' escaped her mouth and Erika glanced at them. Kurapika, Killua, and Leorio looked as if a weight was taken off their shoulders but Gon looked a bit doubtful. She couldn't blame the poor boy.

The timer then went off and the speaker echoed through the room.

"The Third Phase is now over."
It said.

Many participates had made it but some didn't. They either died or didn't make it in time.

Thus, the Hunter Exam continues but will our characters be able to stay sane with all the things they must overcome?

Next chapter,

'I'll Give You A Choice'

Preview:

Erika was relieved to be out of that stone tower but she wasn't too excited. She would still have to explain why she was gone from the room when the boys awoke.

The engine from the speed boat made it impossible to think but she did her best to ignore the irksome sounds.

Leaning against the side of the boat she jumped at the sudden poke she got on her back.

Looking behind her Erika saw Gon and Killua with serious faces.

Crap, did Gon tell Killua?

"Erika-San, why weren't you in the room when we woke up?"
Gon asked, his voice the most serious she'd ever heard before.

Killua nodded in agreement and she internally sighed in relief as she realized Gon hadn't told anyone, yet.

How long can I keep this secret?

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

6.4K 139 14
(U) is depressed, and grieving after her entire clan is slaughtered -aside from her brother who she has no idea we're he is- but that's not the worst...
32.8K 1.8K 70
(IN THE PROCESS OF RE-EDITING, 🖋️ indicates the current chapter that is being revised) "Everyone has a story behind a smile. Mine is made up of secr...
39.6K 1.1K 43
(Soulmate AU) After an incident gone wrong and a brother presumed dead, you're stuck healing criminals for money and information. You will find your...
869K 28K 36
Yui is part of the Kurta clan but she was stolen away when she was just a babe. They stole her eyes and left her in the street to die. She survived a...