Spazzy Magazine September 2013

De SpazzyMagazine

VOLUME 1, ISSUE 4, SEPTEMBER - FRIDAY THE 13th Special Enjoyed our three issues, eh? Well, welcome to the fou... Mai multe

SZY Express
Superstitious Creeps of September
In this Issue
Welcome Aboard SZY!
Superstitious Quiz
Spazzy Spook
Spazzily Embarrasing
Interview with Natasha Preston
InkLit
Fess Up
Be In Spazzy

G.A.M.B.lers' Corner

85 9 1
De SpazzyMagazine

G . A . M . B . L E R ' S    C O R N E R

Hey, hey! We are Amy and Alice. And we are proudly to present to you our first: G.A.M.B.lers’ Corner!

What in the world does G.A.M.B.lers mean?

G – Gadgets and Games

A – Anime (also includes Manga)

M – Movies, and lastly…

B - Books

G & A – Alice

M & B – Amy

Get it? No? It’s okay, just read on.

Let’s start shall we?

(TwistedAlice: This is my first time doing an article...please be good to me. And my part is long because of the explanations, specs, summary etc.)

GADGETS:

Hey, hey! Are you gamer like me? Do you have lots of money, like I don’t have?  Gamer or not, rich or not, you are gonna love this lovely. (Mostly or some gamers already know this, but still…)

Imaginative drum roll please!

I present to you the world’s thinnest gaming laptop which is thinner than a dime! The Razer Blade created by Razer (“By gamers, for gamers”).

This 14 inch Razer Blade gaming laptop “is designed and engineered to fit both form and function. With a 0.66-in. ultra-thin profile, crafted from aluminum, and the best gaming performance in its class, the Razer Blade sets a new benchmark for gaming laptops. Do more, game more, anywhere, anytime. “

This lovely is designed for gaming. You will never experience lags or overheating by playing for a short time like your laptop you used to play on (if you have).

Also the same with Razer Blade Pro, the mother. But with more features: you can check your Facebook updates, watch walkthroughs on Youtube when you get stuck in the game while you play at the same time!

Razer Blade Pro is built for work and play.

“Our designers and engineers refined every inner component to increase performance, while staying true to portability. At 0.88 inches thin and weighing 6.5 pounds, the Blade Pro is the most portable 17-in. gaming laptop in its class. Every detail is sleek, slim, and light, all the way down to the compact power supply. This is the best performance and design for work and play on-the-go.”

-Razer

A unique feature of Razer Blade Pro is a full HD 17-in. LED display in combination with the Switchblade user interface allows users to take advantage of the Blade Pro, offering infinite tools and possibilities available at your fingertip. Benefit from 10 dynamic adaptive tactile keys, a revolutionary LCD track pad, professional grade and game apps to help you work harder and play harder!

“The Beauty is now the Beast”

To know more about Razer Blade and Razer Blade Pro and other products like Razer Death Stalker (keyboard) (I’m going to buy this one first), Razer Ouroboros (mouse) or Razer Kraken (head set).  And their prices.

Go to: http://www.razerzone.com/

I wish I have one of these when I grow up, wait, I’m already grown up! (Bad pun, Alice) Looks I’m going to work to get myself this one when I graduated. One more year for me.

GAMES:

 I’ll present two horror games for this month! I’m so excited! With this one!

Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs and Outlast

The indirect sequel of the survival video horror game Amnesia: The Dark Descent. Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs is set in the same universe as the previous game, it will feature an entirely new cast of characters and time setting. And of course, new terrifying monsters.

Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs is a collaboration of the creator for the first Amnesia, Frictional Games and the Chinese Room. This game is released this month. So go buy it! You don’t want to? Too scary? I know that feeling. I played the first Amnesia but too terrified to finish it, it gives me nightmares and I’m disturbing our neighbours when I’m playing it.

Plot (by the wonderful world of internet (Wikipedia, to be specific)):

Set on New Year's Eve 1899 in Victorian London, the focus of the story will be Oswald Mandus, a wealthy industrialist, and his relationship with his children. Mandus returns from a "disastrous" expedition to Mexico, where tragedy struck. Hit by fever, Mandus has frequent dreams about a dark machine until he regains consciousness. Little does he know that months have passed, and upon awakening, he hears the roar of an engine and a mysterious machine starts up.

The game will feature several interlocking story lines. Some take place in the past, some in the present, and some are overtly real while some may be imagined.

Gameplay:

The game will be a survival horror game played from a first-person perspective.  It has been confirmed that some elements of The Dark Descent have been removed, while new elements have been added. One of the reasons for this is to provide a fresh gameplay experience to veteran players of The Dark Descent.

The game's level design has been touted as "significantly different" from that of The Dark Descent, with larger areas and outdoor environments included. AI is also being adjusted to ensure players are unable to predict enemy behavior based on their experiences with the original game. However, it has been confirmed by the developers that the core of the game will remain the same as in The Dark Descent, so as not to disappoint fans who want more of what they loved in the original. Furthermore, it was confirmed in interviews that the inventory has been removed, along with the oil and tinderboxes.

Platforms:

Microsoft, Windows, Mac OS X and Linux

Outlast:

Will Outlast steal Amnesia’s No. 1 rank as the Best Horror Game?

Or will Amnesia still reigns above all horror games? Go play or watch other gamers play both games and you decide!

Outlast is a psychological horror video game developed and published by Red Barrels. Also is released this month.

Plot (from Red Barrel’s website):

In the remote mountains of Colorado, horrors wait inside Mount Massive Asylum. A long-abandoned home for the mentally ill, recently re-opened by the "research and charity" branch of the transnational Murkoff Corporation, has been operating in strict secrecy... until now.

Acting on a tip from an inside source, independent journalist Miles Upshur breaks into the facility, and what he discovers walks a terrifying line between science and religion, nature and something else entirely. Once inside, his only hope of escape lies with the terrible truth at the heart of Mount Massive.

Reception:

Outlast has been received with a number of accolades and awards from E3 2013, including the "Most Likely to Make you Faint" honor, and one of "Best of E3".

The PC gaming website Rock, Paper, Shotgun gave Outlast a very positive review, noting that "Outlast is not an experiment in how games can be scary, it’s an exemplification."

Platforms:

Microsoft Windows, PS4 (will be released next year)

Don’t want to play? Then watch other gamers play them! Most popular YouTuber known as PewDiePie (Ranked as No.1 most subscribed channel) plays both Amnesia and the Outlast. I’m one of the “Bros”. Or ChaoticMonki also known as Cry. The mysterious gamer, only few knows what he looks like. (I like his voice).

Let’s Vote! (Comment your answers, results will be revealed next month)

Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs OR OUTLAST?

ANIME:

Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan)

The anime of the year. Last year’s the Sword Art Online.

Written and Illustrated (manga) by: Hajime Isayama

Plot:

The story centers around the lives of Eren Yeager, his adoptive sister Mikasa Ackerman, and their friend Armin Arlert, who live in a world where the remnants of the human population live inside cities surrounded by enormous walls due to the sudden appearance of the Titans, gigantic humanoid creatures who devour humans seemingly without reason. Their lives are changed forever after the appearance of a colossal Titan brings about the destruction of their home town and the death of Eren's mother, spurring them to enter the army to battle the Titans themselves.

For me, this anime/manga really deserves its popularity because of unique-ness of the story line. I was hooked with this anime when I watched the first episode.

Shingeki no Kyojin also has a Filipino-sub parody by KadiriSubs. If you are a Filipino you can watch them and other videos on Kadirisubs.com

That it for Alice for this month! Till next time! Don’t forget to vote!

Amy! You’re up!!!

Hey! I'm Amy. You may probably know me from the Quiz section, which is the thing a friend continued for me, and now I am the M and the B of the GAMBlers! So, I will focus on books and films.

About a week ago, the trailer for Divergent was released. I, myself, was freakishly excited for this, as I am a certified Divergent. In my opinion, from the trailer, they got almost everything correct, but the real film is yet to come, so...although if they ruin it, there's gonna be some really PG-13 things coming on.

Same with The Fault In Our Stars, a book by John Green recently created into a film, in production as I type. Also starring two of Divergent cast members, Shailene Woodley and Ansel Elgort (Ironically, he portrays her sibling on Divergent)...not too many BTS images or snippets have been released, but John Green, also an active youtuber (and founder of NERD-FIGHT-TERIAAAAAA), posted a video on set TFIOS, although most of the places he took the video were ultimately the most inconvenient places possible. It didn't really help.

In Honor of this issue, horror and superstition, I am going to be talking about Carrie, a film starring Chloe Moretz as an outcast girl who's also held back by her crazy religious mother, played by Julianne Moore, and she unleashed telekinetic powers in her small town after being pushed too far at her prom. The reason I chose to feature this are

A) The book was written by Stephen King, legendary horror writer, and the book is now considered a classic tale.

B) It's a horrific movie, to be released real soon, next month.

C) I think there's Ansel Elgort in it, whose films have been featured here twice already. What are the odds.

Now, for the B part...the books. Now, as some of you know, the next book in the Divergent series is coming next month called Allegiant, specifically October 22nd. Same for the fourth book in the Heroes of Olympus series, a Percy Jackson spin-off (total demigod speaking, so I feel glad talking about this), called House of Hades, to be released October eighth.

AND NOW....the RoboCop trailer. I remember seeing the internet explode when the remake was confirmed. Multiple people hated on this, multiple others fall in love with the idea. I fall under the last category. I was raised by a Trekkie, so it's only natural. But what do YOU think of it? The suit? The motorbike? The whole concept itself?

So, say your thoughts, and have a SPAZZY DAY!

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

90.3M 2.9M 134
He was so close, his breath hit my lips. His eyes darted from my eyes to my lips. I stared intently, awaiting his next move. His lips fell near my ea...
86K 2.2K 32
A little AU where Lucifer and Alastor secretly loves eachother and doesn't tell anyone about it, and also Alastor has a secret identity no one else k...
114K 4.4K 9
2 tom dylogii ,,Agony"