The Fairy Boy (G #2)

By AwsomeDragons

The 'Gifted' Trilogy Book Two Justin Wales has always been somewhat of a loner. He has an embarassing secret... More

A Note From D. D.
Then There Were Two
Secrets
Sunburns in the Golden State
Pesky Girls
Confront
The Serum
The Power of Wi
Bounty Hunter
Beauty
I Sneak Out of School
We Break into a Lab
The Bounty Hunter Gives me a Hug
The Beast
Help From the Strangest Places
Now She's Trying to Kill me Again
Humanity
Monster
Tyler Cuts Some Wires
I Throw Glitter in People's Faces
Welcome to Camp Hula Hoku
Monsters Stick Together
Tyler is Scared of Dogs
Will's Never Played Video Games
The Cause of Your Madness
I Break up a Fight
Dylan
Ending the Madness
I Forget My Birthday
Future Plans

Broken Feathers

807 67 42
By AwsomeDragons

    The Beast stared coldly at them from across the room. Tui grabbed Josie's hand and pushed her behind her, Will tried to get in front of Genny but she batted him away.

    "Dylan?" She called, her voice shaky.

    The wolf-like creature growled low and deep. It reverberated around room and struck fear in them. He was huge, with dark grey fur and yellow eyes that would have been terrifying if this had been complete darkness. There were two dark red streaks of fur going from his eyes and down his back. He was barely human anymore, standing on two legs was a struggle, he hunched over and his long foreclaws scraped against the ground.

    "Genny." Will warned when she started walking towards the creature.

    "I don't know what they did to you." Genny spoke calmly. "But it's gonna be okay Dylan."

    She wished she could touch him, she wished she could read his emotions and find out what was going on in his head. But she wasn't close enough.

    "Will, what's going on in his mind?" She asked.

    Will closed his eyes and concentrated. It has been a while since he had done this, and when he opened up his senses, everyone's thoughts came pouring out. He took a deep breath, trying to sort through the many voices and pick out a masculine one.

    "He's scared, and confused, wait...... Yes I can read minds." He explained, Dylan growled again.

    All of a sudden Dylan winced, and straightened, his pupils growing larger and larger. Then he looked like a true animal.

    He snarled and lunged at Genny, who sidestepped, but he caught her arm out of surprise and left a long scratch that started bleeding instantly.

    "Genny!" Will shrieked, flaring his wings. Dylan whipped around and turned on Will instantly. Dylan swiped at Will with his clumsily arms, Will ducked and made three concise punches to his gut. Dylan grunted and back up, all of a sudden Genny was at his side.

    "Nice." She commented.

    "You taught me that one." He grinned.

    "I know."

    Before Dylan could launch his second attack, a wall slid open.

    "Go!" Genny commanded, Tui picked up Josie and ran for the door, her dark curls disappearing through the door. Will caught Josie's eyes before they disappeared, she was staring at him in horror.

    "Don't hurt him!" Genny commanded. "Something happened and he's no longer in his right mind."

    "Yeah, he turned into a giant wolf." Will shot back, pulling her through the door.

    Then he turned around and cursed.

    They were in a maze. A tall maze that stretched to the ceiling. Will wouldn't be able fly above it.

    "It's always a freaking maze." He grumbled.

    "Will, hear me out. He was in control when he first transformed, something happened in the last few seconds that made him attack us." Genny explained, as they ran along the hallways.

    "You think the Lab made him attack us." It wasn't a question.

    "I know they did, it be just like their twisted minds to come with something like that." She hissed.

    They stopped for a moment to catch their breath. Then a low deep howl echoed through the halls. It set their nerves on end. Dylan could jump out at them from anywhere, they wouldn't be so lucky with his claws this time.

    Will could hear his heartbeat pounding against his skull. It was an overwhelming. Then he saw the two yellow eyes glaring at him through the darkness.

    "Genny run!" He yelled, grabbing her hand as they both sprinted off again.

    Dylan snarled and they heard his claws scrape against the stone walls. He leapt forward pulling himself along as if in a drunken trance, as if blood were the wine and his friends were the glasses.

    He snagged Will's wing, pulling out a few feathers as Will winced, some blood started dripping from the feathers.

    "That can't be good." He grunted, speeding up a bit.

    The walls started shifting, doors opening and closing until Genny and Will were running down a straight corridor. There was a doorframe, masked in shadows.

    "If we can get him back into the darkness, he'll turn back." Genny pointed out, putting on more speed.

    "We're gonna make it." Will agreed.

    They were so close, only feet away.

    Until it slammed shut right in front of them.

    They crashed into the wall, slamming into with such force Genny was afraid she might have sprained something.

    The lights went out.

    The last thing Genny saw before Will jumped in front of her was Dylan's glowing yellow eyes only a yard away.

    Then someone was screaming. It took her a moment to figure out it was her. Will was on the ground covered in blood, Dylan had collapsed, his body shifting back into a human as he groaned and sat up. Tui hand was on her shoulder, she was pale and ashen, staring at the two boys.

    Will had closed his eyes, he was still conscious. That what she was focused on, just seeing his chest move up and down was comforting. There were three long gashes that curled down his back and around his abdomen.

    "Oh God!" Genny gasped. "Don't you dare die on me Will."

    He coughed and she curled her arms around him, she ripped off a piece of her ugly gray LAB uniform and balled it up, pushing onto his wounds just like she had been taught to.

    "I'm fine-" He struggled.

    "Sh!"

    Genny glanced up to see Dylan staring at her in horror. His hands were bloody.

    All of a sudden another panel in the wall slid open. Casey herself strode through along with six of the nurses rolling along a stretcher.

    "What are you you doing?" Genny scorned, pulling Will's body closer toher.

    Casey pried her arms off him with such force Genny thought she would brake her hand.

    They started rolling Will away on the stretcher.

    "Stop!" She screamed. "You can't take him!"

    Once they nurses were safely through, Casey swung her fist around and punched her in the gut. Then she turned to Dylan and threw him a piece of bread.

    "Well done." She praised with her robotic voice.

    Genny fell to the ground coughing, out of breath, by the time she struggled up again they were gone.

    "They're going to heal him Genny, it's okay-" Dylan started.

    She turned on him, she was still bleeding from the scratch on her arm. "They're not going to wait until he gets better you idiot! They'll experiment on him before he's healed and it's all your fault!"

    Dylan winced. In reality all he wanted to do was curl up somewhere, the feelings he was receiving from Genny yelling at him weren't awesome.

    "I didn't mean to." He cried in a quiet voice.

    She glared at him again before storming off to her cell, where she waited in vain for Will to come back.

___________________________

Man I feel like this Lab 2.0 really pushed up their evil levels.
And by that I mean my own mind, HAHAHAHAA.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

202K 8.1K 31
❇ Book Two ❇ ♥ The Rejected Mate Series ♥ ◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼ Skylar Hunter has had a twist...
1.3M 81.4K 88
Jess has always been a runner. Ever since she met Chris, her life's been turned upside down. Now she's been left in the wreckage alone, with no memo...
1.2K 85 35
"Submit now pup you've nowhere to run to! Don't make me come after you! I'll always win" venom laced his tone as he warned, "Good thing I'm a fast ru...
2 0 3
BOOK ONE *Completed* Zoey Cooper's life changes dramatically when she learns that werewolves are real. Not only are they real... but her best friend...