Risk (Camren)

Galing kay jcabregui

What happens when Lauren meets Camila on her flight to Texas and learns a huge detail about her life that cou... Higit pa

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5

Chapter 4

554 19 4
Galing kay jcabregui

The GPS now says I have 5 minutes until I arrive and I am freaking out. I turn onto her street and am looking at the houses on the left for hers until I finally see it. I pull into her driveway and turn off my GPS. I take a huge deep breath and check myself one more time in the mirror before stepping out and walking to the front door. I knock three times then take a step back and wait. Moments later the door opens up and I'm met with a beautiful Camila waiting on the other side with a nervous smile. She's in her wheelchair as expected and I still think she's the most breathtaking girl I've ever seen.

"Hi Lauren."

"Hello Camila."

Camila moves aside so I can step in and I close the door behind me.

"We can go to the living room." Camila says as she waves her hand for me to follow. I slip my shoes off then quickly follow behind. She stops at the side of the couch while I step around and sit down on the side closest to her.

I can finally take in how gorgeous this girl really is. From her dark blue skinny jeans to her mid sleeve collared shirt. She has her long dark brown hair falling loosely over one shoulder and a soft pink lipstick.

"This is exactly what I didn't want Lauren." I hear Camila say snapping me out of my thoughts.

"What?" I question back confused.

"You're staring.." Camila looks down to her hands and fidgets her fingers together. I realize what she's talking about and immediately feel bad.

"Oh god no, Camila I wasn't staring at that." I begin to grow nervous. "Y-you just look so beautiful that's all. I couldn't help but stare at you. I'm sorry." I try to assure her. She blushes slightly but I'm still not able to read her expression.

"Thanks.." She trails off while looking up at me. "You look beautiful as well." She hides her bottom lip in between her teeth and looks even more adorable than before.

"Thank you. I um I actually saw you at the airport after I got my luggage." I speak out calmly as she listens intently. "This wheelchair Camila.. It doesn't change my opinion of you. You're still the same amazing person I met on the plane." I finish as I try her method of comfort and reach out for her hand. I hold it securely while I wait for her to say something.

"That means a lot Lauren. A lot more than you could ever imagine." I begin to stroke the back of her hand while wearing a comforting smile. "It's um it's not permanent. Well hopefully not." I furrow my eyebrows together. "The reason I'm here, in Texas, is because I'm having surgery that'll hopefully help me walk again." I sit up in my seat letting go of her hand.

"That's great Camila." She looks at me with a small smile. "Right?"

"Yeah I mean, I think so. I'm just worried. There's always a chance it won't work and I could be stuck in this forever." Camila gestures to her chair.

"Don't think that way. The only way you'll be able to get through it completely, is to stay positive and have all the support you can get." I tell her honestly.

"That's the hard part.." Camila looks away from me while biting back her lip. She looks like she's struggling to say something so I scoot to the edge of the couch and reach for her hand again. Camila meets my eyes and I give her an encouraging smile.

"When I said I was staying with a friend.. I'm actually not. I rented this wheelchair friendly apartment for the time being. I don't have the support I could use through this because my family hasn't spoken to me in years. But that's a topic for another time." She smiles simply. "My best friend Dinah lives back at home in Miami but she wasn't able to make it out here because of work. So it's just me." Camila puts on a brave smile.

"You have me." I pause to try and gather my thoughts. "I know I just met you the other day but no one should go through this alone. I won't let you." I tell her honestly while continuing to rub patterns over her hand.

Camila smiles in return and bites back a smile. "Why do you care so much Lauren?"

I'm a little thrown off by her question and I, all of a sudden, don't feel as confident as I have been the whole time I've been here.

"I just uh I don't think you should go through this alone." I lie. When really, I have these feelings somewhat growing already after a day of knowing her and I don't know how to act on them besides subtly flirting with the girl.

"Whatever you say Lauren." Camila smugly smiles at me.

-

After a while of talking and getting to know each other better, I am so glad I met this girl. She's obviously beautiful but there is so much more to her that I can't wait to unravel. I could talk to her about absolutely anything and never get tired of hearing her speak.

"Are you hungry? I could order us a pizza." Camila says as she sits across from me on the couch now.

"It's ok I can order it. Pepperoni?" I stand up and begin to look for the nearest pizza place on my phone. Camila nods in agreement and I call the number I find.

"20 minutes and it'll be here." I sit back down on the couch and turn to face Camila again.

"Thank you Lauren."

"Oh it's no big deal, you don't have to thank me."

"Not for that. I mean yes thank you for the pizza too but what I meant was thank you for not judging me." Camila looks down to her hands for a second before meeting my eyes again. "When you met me you had no idea that I was in a wheelchair. And after you found out, you didn't treat me any differently and you don't understand how much that means to me." Her eyes never leave mine and I can tell how sincere she is being.

"Camila, you don't have to thank me. I would never judge you for anything, I would accept you any shape or form. Besides, you aren't exactly hard to get along with. I really enjoy being around you." I tell her in all honestly while giving her a small smile. She blushes lightly and my smile only grows.

"You aren't so bad yourself Jauregui." I smile at her use of my last name.

"Alright enough of this serious talk. Can we watch a movie or something?" I ask her in all seriousness. Camila laughs at my question as she shakes her head and uses her arm muscles to lift herself into her chair. She does it with absolute perfection and makes me wonder when I'm going to see a flaw in this girl. She turns around to set up Netflix and comes back to the couch to hand me the remote.

"Do you want anything to drink?" Camila asks me as I begin scrolling through the movies.

"Yeah could I have a water please?" I ask politely. She nods her head and makes her way to the kitchen.

Moments later she returns with two waters and I've already chosen the movie.

"Really, The Conjuring? Do you want me to cry Lauren?" I laugh at her distressed face.

"Oh it's not that bad." I tell her back with a smug smile as I hear the doorbell ring. "Saved by the bell." I say as I stand up giving her a wink and quickly going to retrieve the pizza.

When I return to the living room Camila is back on the couch waiting for me.

"Where are your plates at? I'll grab some while I'm up." I place the pizza on the living room table and look to her for an answer.

"Well since I just moved in here, I don't exactly have, well any dishes or silverware yet." Camila tells me bluntly.

"Ok no problem." I plop down next to her on the couch. "Do you want to go shopping for some this week?" I offer her hopeful. Any chance I can get to see this girl I am going to take.

"Even if I say no, I have a feeling you won't take that answer so sure we can." Camila smiles to me as her eyes are locked with mine. I smile as I'm satisfied with her answer and press play to begin the movie as we finish our food.

Ten minutes later and Camila is a wreck. I didn't realize how bad scary movies got to her. She is currently still on the other side of the couch holding her blanket up to her face covering half of it. I turn her way and smile at how adorable she looks but at the same time I feel bad because I wanted to watch this movie.

"Camila are you going to be ok?" I try to hold back my smile.

She turns her head to me and has a look of pure terror on her face.

"Well besides the fact that I'm going to have the worst nightmares ever tonight. Yep I'm ok." I have to bite my smile back at this point.

"Come here." I can't resist my urge to be closer to her. I'm just hoping it isn't to much all at once. I see her gulp and her face looks somewhat thrown off but I give her an encouraging smile trying my best to assure her that it's ok.

Camila hesitantly uses both arms to scoot herself closer to me as I rest my back against the armrest. I lift my arm closest to the back of the couch and she wedges herself between my body and the couch on her side. She rests her head on my chest and her arm over my stomach. I rest my arm on her back so my hand is gripping her waist. I feel her head turn up to meet my eyes.

"Is this ok?" Camila asks softly and sweetly as I give her a comforting nod. She turns to face the tv again and I gently draw patterns on her waist while my heart is beating a mile a minute.

A few moments go by and I have questions flooding through my mind. I don't want to be so straight forward and offend her in anyway though.

"Camila?"

"Hm?" She meets my eyes.

"Do you have any feeling at all in your legs?" I bite my lip back awaiting an answer.

"Only from about here-" She gestures to the top of her thigh. "-up." I nod my head in understanding as I stare down her entire body then back up to her face. Camila looks to me with a small smirk as I raise my eyebrow in question.

"You know you can ask me any questions that you're thinking Lauren." Camila says nonchalantly.

"I know I can. Thank you for being so open with me." I say honestly.

"Thank you for being so easy to open up to." Camila winks then rests her head back on my chest.

Once the movie comes to an end Camila moves off of me so we aren't cuddling anymore and I can't help but feel disappointed. This night with her has been great and I'm not ready to leave her yet even though I have to. I just feel bad that she has to be alone. 

"I guess I should get going now." I look to Camila with sad eyes.

"I guess so." Camila says somewhat awkwardly.

"I'll text you ok?" I assure her as I scoot closer and pull her into a hug. "I had a lot of fun tonight Camila. Thank you for having me over." I say softly before I pull away.

"Thank you for coming over. I'm glad I have you here."

"I'll come over whenever you want me to." I let her know as I stand up and begin to put my shoes on. "Have a good night beautiful."

"Good night Lauren."

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

943K 21.6K 49
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
587K 9K 87
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
75.2K 1.7K 32
!Uploads daily! Max starts his first year at college. Everything goes well for him and his friends PJ and Bobby until he meets Bradley Uppercrust the...
104K 9.2K 111
"You think I'm golden?" "Brighter than the sun, but don't tell Apollo" Dante hates Rome's golden boy. Jason doesn't even remember him. Right person w...