Giant Problems (On Hold)

By EnderShadeMC

In 2146, an apocalypse had happened, one that almost wiped out the human race. All 7 billion humans had been... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16

Chapter 7

1.9K 65 19
By EnderShadeMC

Adam slowly crawled forward,his eyes staring straight forward as he pressed himself down on the surface beneath him. His gaze was fixed on a single, tiny grape, perched on the edge of a plate and calling out to him. His stomach growled softly to remind him of his hunger, and he cast his eyes side to side, wary of any danger.

He suddenly picked himself up and ran forward, homemade rope in hand as he threw one end over the side of the cabinet he stood on, tying the other end around a handle and sliding down. He glanced back, then swung and sprang, rolling to break his fall and darting forward, his jacket billowing behind him like a cape. He pulled off his jacket and fixed it around the chair's leg, securing the sleeves and using it to gradually climb up the wooden obstacle, looking around yet again for any danger that lurked in the moonlit darkness.

He climbed over the edge and put his jacket back on, running up to the back of the chair and doing a wall kick to grab the edge of the table. He slipped and was left with one hand, gasping silently and kicking a little before regaining his grip and pulling himself up. He rolled onto the table with a breathless sigh of relief, getting up with a pant and scampering over to the plate. He hopped onto the cold surface, freezing when his shoes clacked against the hard dish. He crept forward, dropping to his knees and crawling to his prize.

He smiled weakly in relief and grabbed the grape, about to turn around when the lights were flicked on, and he froze.

"Hmm, what do we have here?" A voice mused. Adam sprang to his feet and dashed forward, clutching the grape to his chest as he fled. His heart raced in his chest as he jumped off the edge of the table, landing winded on another chair, but he was back on his feet instantly. He dove off the chair in time to avoid a large hand swiping at him, and he landed with a thump on the floor, gasping breathlessly in pain. He dragged himself to his feet and kept running, heading to the kitchen and grabbing the rope, swinging. He landed on a horizontal handle, then jumped again, dodging another grab for him as he fumbled on the counters.

He grabbed the grape again and took off, going for a sheltered space of utilities when he was suddenly jerked back, and he gasped as he dropped his prize, as he was yoinked up  high into the air. He yelped and squirmed, but knew it was too late as he was met with blood red eyes, and he froze, slowly going limp as he awaited his fate.

"Gotchya," Ty purred playfully, setting the human down in the center of his palm. Adam pouted good-naturedly, sighing and folding his arms over his chest as he flopped down and sat cris-cross.

"I was so close!" Adam whined. "It was right there, I almost reached the toaster!"

"Yeah, that jacket kinda left you vulnerable though." Ty eyed the human's precious piece of clothing, which Adam promptly clutched onto.

"I'm not getting rid of it, if that's what you're thinking," he growled. The giant sighed and shrugged a little, biting the inside of his cheek.

"Well, simulation or not, that chase left me pretty hungry," he commented, setting Adam down in his chest pocket. Adam hesitantly slid off his friend's soft hand and into the small stuffy dark space, feeling Ty move as he got comfortable.

"Do I still get that grape?" He meeped. Ty laughed.

"Nah, I'll find ya something better," he chuckled, getting something out of the fridge. Adam fidgeted a little before leaning against one wall of fabric, listening for a moment before smiling. As odd as it was, being able to hear the giant's breathing and heartbeat was so calming, especially since he was starting to be more at ease with his friend's new size.

His body heat was starting to make Adam drowsy as well when two fingers reached into his confined space and gently pulled him back out, and he looked up sleepily as Ty set him down on the table.

"Aw don't worry Adam, it's almost bedtime," Ty chuckled.

"I'm not a kid," Adam mumbled in protest. "I don't have a 'bedtime'." But of course, he was betrayed with a yawn, making Ty smile. "... I stand corrected," Adam slowly grumbled. Ty chuckled and pet the top of Adam's head, making the human duck a little.

"Aw-haw, come on Adam," Ty teased, gently prodding his tiny friend's middle. Adam squeaked and stumbled back, dazed for a moment before pouncing on the inquiring finger, tackling it like another person. Ty giggled and lifted his hand up, peering closely at the tiny life in his hands to see that Adam was now snuggling his index finger, eyes closed and resting his cheek on the skin-covered surface. The giant smiled and sat back in his seat, cuddling his precious friend to his chest and murring softly.

"So you wanna eat a little something before you fall asleep on me?" Ty murmured. Adam stirred, moving his head to rest his cheek against the gentle giant's thorax.

"Yeah sure," he grunted in a disinterested tone, but Ty knew he was hungry. He chuckled and procured an apple from the small bushel on the table, which Adam hadn't noticed until he was being offered one. He grabbed it without hesitation and bit into it hungrily, feasting eagerly as he gradually gnawed down to the core of the fruit.

"So where's Ian?" Adam asked curiously after a while, continuing to munch on his apple core to make sure he had eaten as much of the apple as possible. Ty watched every moment, making sure his friend was satisfied and full before he answered.

"He had to take care of something at home," was all he said before throwing the small apple core away and carrying Adam to the bedroom, while the tiny human snuggled his friend's chest sleepily and curled up in an upright fetal position, not questioning the vague reply. Ty carried the tiny human to his makeshift bed and looked down, letting out a rumbling purr at the adorable sight. Adam smiled as he heard and felt this, shifting to nestle more against the towering wall of fabric that resembled the giant's chest.

"You're so warm," Adam sighed peacefully. Ty chuckled, sitting down on the edge of the bed and gently stroking the tiny human's soft fluffy brown hair.

"Thanks?" He replied, smiling. Adam yawned sleepily and nuzzled him, his eyes closed as he gently kneaded the wall of fabric he was curled up against. "Do you wanna sleep in your bed or...?" Ty started asking, only to trail off with a blush as Adam looked up and glowered at him. "Heheh, I'll take that as a yes," he nervously chuckled. He settled Adam down in the small pool of fabric that resembled the human's bed, and tucked him in to Adam's protest.

"I'm not a child," he complained again once he was nestled under his covers.

"Nope, you sure act like one," Ty teased.

"Hey! So do you!" The giant chuckled as he got in bed, not bothering to change since his closet was a little limited. All giants, in fact, were a little tight on supplies, seeing it had only been a month since they had first appeared. Houses and stores were actually rare for giants, as most had settled for caves and such until construction was finished, but Ty didn't tell Adam that. He also didn't mention how his budget was a little tight too, food actually being limited. But he didn't want his human friend to worry. He had gone through enough.

He laid down and stole a glance over at Adam, smiling softly when he saw that the little creature was curled up on his side, dozing off.... But was it really right to call a human a creature though? Sure, they were now weak and helpless and fragile, but they were so much like giants. Most didn't call it cannibalism,but Ty certainly did.

He bit his lower lip and sighed, turning over to lay on his side so he could keep an eye on Adam, watching the tiny human for a while. He found he couldn't sleep-- he hadn't gotten any for the past month. He didn't know if giants even needed sleep, but he still felt energized with or without it. Which was actually good, because it meant he could still protect Adam and help his friend get the sleep he deserved.

Although, he admitted to himself it was a little creepy.

He reached for his phone and scrolled down, clicking an app before the weather forecast showed up on the screen. He skimmed it before paling a little, instinctively looking over at Adam.

'It's gonna rain, and last time it rained Adam freaked out,' Ty thought worriedly. 'But he's still... Edgy, on the whole intimate contact thing... What should I do?' As if his thoughts were answered, he heard a light quiet pattering outside, which quickly grew heavier and heavier. Ty bit his lip, gazing over at Adam and seeing that his troubled friend was twitching in his sleep and frowning. 'He's having a bad dream.' He reached out to comfort his friend, then hesitated, pondering over possible decisions. He didn't want to scare Adam... But the human needed sleep; he was so tired...

Ty bit his lip and caved, reaching forward and scooping the tiny human up in his hands,cradling the fragile life as he carried him over to his chest and set him down. Adam shivered and stirred a little, gently clinging to Ty's shirt. Ty purred softly, covering his precious friend with one hand as it rained harder outside. He felt Adam nestle deeper against him as he listened to the rain, hearing the raindrops hit his window and the roof of his house as it cleansed the outside world, ready to give it a new start in the morning.

Personally, Ty didn't believe in omens, but he hoped the rain was a sign that Adam could start over and not have to face his troubles alone.

A sudden flinch against his chest with a whimper made Ty look down quickly, his eyes softening in sympathy to see Adam. He was curled up tightly in a little ball, kicking a little in his sleep and fidgeting, uttering tiny whimpers that were plaintive squeaks to the giant's ears.

"Oh Adam..." Ty breathed, lifting his hand to use his pinky finger to stroke the tiny human's back. The smell of fear was starting to overwhelm him, and Ty sat up carefully, hugging Adam tightly with his hands. Adam grew more and more restless, squirming a little before a loud bam of thunder made him jolt sharply with a shriek, eyes wide and panting rapidly, his tiny chest heaving.

"Shh..." Ty hugged Adam again, clutching the precious life to his chest and shushing him. "It's ok, it's ok... You're safe, right here with me," he reassured breathlessly, feeling his tiny friend trembling in his embrace as he started to cry. "You're ok..." Ty cooed softly, starting to gently rock back and forth to lull Adam into a more calm state of mind. Adam let out a hiccupy sob, sniffling as he continued crying.

"H-he-h-he almost, he almost-" Adam whimpered, gripping Ty's shirt tightly and pressing against him. Ty's eyes softened in sympathy, and he cuddled his precious friend, holding him close and like an infant.

"Shh..." The gentle giant used the back of his index finger to stroke his shaken friend, offering comfort as he felt helpless. Watching his friend shed tears and lay in his hand, broken in spirit... It hurt Ty. It pained him to see his friend suffer from the trauma he had endured, all alone by himself in the wild with no one to help him or comfort him...

Adam sniffled and nuzzled Ty, demanding attention from him. Ty complied, purring harder to drown out the noise of the thunderstorm outside, grabbing the covers and concealing Adam from the dark room, swaddling the tiny human and pressing him to his chest. Adam tensed a little at the sudden feeling of being touched everywhere, his nerves a little on edge before he shivered, and he whimpered with a flinch at another rumble of thunder. Then he relaxed when he realized it seemed a lot more quieter, muffled by his larger friend's attempts. The sheets wrapped around him insulated from the noise outside and kept him warm, while Ty was the most effective factor; his hands were so warm, and his heartbeat was so soft and soothing... His breathing, and other things going on inside his body, were also distracting Adam from the rain.

Adam suddenly let out a peaceful sigh and snuggled his friend, forgetting his fears, and his greatest one about giants; he trusted Ty. He loved the male giant like a brother, even if he had turned into a gargantuan creature capable of consuming him. Before, he had shied away, but Ty had patiently waited, waited for him to adjust. And now, Adam was at that stage; where he could finally accept Ty-- even Ian-- for who they now were. They were still the same guys he had recorded with in the past! They were just a little... Bigger.

Ty stiffened in worry when he heard Adam's heart rate suddenly slowed, and he snuck a peek at the fragile life in his care to see that he had his eyes closed, and was... Smiling? Ty blinked, then a large grin spread over his face as he came to the realization; Adam trusted him. He purred in relief and snuggled the human to his chest, careful to not smother him despite the overpowering urge to hug him tightly. Thunder crashed again as the energy in the clouds broiled, but Adam didn't flinch. Not this time.

Ty slowly laid back when he noticed Adam had drifted into a doze, so he kept still in a sleep-able position to not jostle his fragile friend awake. He smiled and closed his eyes, holding the precious life in his arms protectively as he slowed his breathing, and he slipped into sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73 0 19
The echoes of a global conflict still reverberate through the scorched earth. The last war left humanity gasping for survival amidst the wreckage. It...
1.3K 39 25
<><><> THE TRILOGY IS NOW EDITED, SEMI-DECENT, AND COMPLETE! THANK YOU FOR STICKING WITH ME, I LOVE YOU<><><> This is book 3! If you don't know what'...
4K 199 23
Original, non-canon book of the Immortal Chronicles Maybe if they had been more careful, he wouldn't have been found. Maybe if they had actually trie...
1.7K 10 47
At a very far future... the beginning of four new worlds oscillating around the unrecognizable Earth. Long life to the King of the Earth, Sebastian D...