Figuring Out Emma (Harry Styl...

Od xPotatoesOreos1993x

[BOOK TWO] Emma's not one to easily let down her guard, and for good reasons. But when Harry charms his way t... Více

Prologue
Chapter 1: Next Stop, London
Chapter 2: We Don't Bite
Chapter 3: Scares Me
Chapter 4: The Real Thing
Chapter 5: A Night To Remember
Chapter 6: Do You Trust Me?
Chapter 7: Guarded
Chapter 9: Love Drunk
Chapter 10: Obviously... Friends.
Chapter 11: Welcome to Paris
Chapter 12: Maybe They Were Right
Chapter 13: Drowning
Chapter 14: New Best Friend
Chapter 15: Bullied
Chapter 16: I'm Tired
Chapter 17: Because It's True
Chapter 18: Ride The Wave
Chapter 19: Lucky
Chapter 20: Does He Know
Chapter 21: Goodbye
Chapter 22: Are You Ready
Chapter 23: Testifying
Chapter 24: Conviction
Chapter 25: Can't Do This
Chapter 26: What Do You Want
Chapter 27: Nothing
Chapter 28: Stay With Me
Chapter 29: Mine. Yours.
Epilogue

Chapter 8: A Good Day

202 6 5
Od xPotatoesOreos1993x

Emma

"That store looks interesting let's go in there!" Anna pointed at a shop window as we passed.

"Okay, I don't see why not," I said as I looked at the sign above the door. It looked like a nice enough shop to stop in for a few minutes.

Anna squealed quietly beside me as she dragged me into the door. I walked behind Anna until she walked off in one direction and I went the other. One direct... god you can't escape those guys can you? Not even in your own thoughts! It is literally impossible. And it really doesn't help when you are living with them and so you become more in tune to them and inevitably pay more attention to their advertisements that are everywhere. It's almost as if you've become one of their fans. Which I'm not saying that I'm not a fan of their music, because I am. I just prefer music like Justin Timberlake or Queen, and some Bluegrass music.

Wait a minute, why am I even explaining myself? I'm not even talking to anybody. Everything I just pointed out, I pointed out to myself in my mind. That's it, I need to see a psychologist or something. I'm honestly starting to believe I have officially lost my mind. If I have, I blame those five idiots.

As I realize that I have been standing in the same spot holding up a shirt for the past couple of minutes, I put it back and start moving around again. My eyes scan over the merchandise as nothing seems to catch my eye. Everything looks... ordinary or not my style. I don't try to follow the 'hot trends.' I wear whatever I feel like, and that is that. Take my outfit for today as an example. I'm wearing high waisted purple jeans with a black crop top and a light weight cardigan over it.

This morning I had a momentary memory loss when it comes to the weather in London. So as I am walking down the streets with Anna I'm pretending that I'm not freezing my ass off. But in reality every part of my body went numb forty minutes ago. So now that I am in the warmth of a store I am taking advantage of it. I drag my feet when Anna is ready to leave simply so I can remain warm a little while longer. As usual though, my plans don't always go as I had hoped.

"Excuse me, miss, may I ask you a question?" a medium height red headed girl came up to me and asked.

"Uh, sure, go ahead," I replied warily. If some stranger walked up to you and wanted to ask you a question you would be a little weirded out as well.

"Are you that girl that has been spotted at the cafe up the street with Harry Styles?"

"What do you mean?" I asked confused.

"Well people are saying that Harry was seen with a tall blonde. There are a few pictures and you look like the girl in them. I was just curious."

 "I very well may have been," I responded, making it sound more like a question.

"So you admit to knowing Harry?" she pressed on.

"I don't know, does it matter?" I asked.

"Yes, it does. Because Harry is my future husband. He needs to know that, and so do you. You need to stay the hell away from him."

"Okay, then. I'll stay away," I said in a mocking tone as I waved my hands around. I found it kind of funny how delusional some of these girls could be.

After that I turned and walked out of the store with Anna, only to be greeted by a small mob of girls, about twenty in all. My assumption is that they're all with Ginger from in the store. They all just stared at Anna and I, looking us up and down. Never had I felt more uncomfortable in my life.

"She knows Harry, girls," Ginger spoke out from behind us, confirming my previous thoughts.

"So you are the whore that was with him," some small little blond, who looked to be thirteen, said.

"I am not a whore," I spoke out loudly and as calm as possible.

"Sure you're not. That's why you're wearing a crop top on a cold day in London," another girl pipped up.

"You're dressed no better," Anna replied for me. It's true though, the girl is wearing extremely short shorts that her butt cheeks were nearly hanging out of. It was quite disgusting honestly.

"Yes, but I'm from here. I'm used to the cold."

"Obviously you're lying if we can see your tits through you bra," Anna said as she began pulling me through the crowd, away from the store.

"Nice one," I said loud enough for only her to hear.

"I know right?" she smirked.

"Hey! I'm not done talking to you!" some girl called. I looked behind me and saw it was the ginger.

"But I am with you," I shot back.

"Well I don't give a damn. You can walk away when I'm finished!" she said again, this time grabbing on to my cardigan, nearly ripping the seams.

"Hey! What's going on here?" a deep voice called out.

Hold on a minute, I know that voice. Harry.

I easily searched over the tops of the girl's heads, almost immediately making eye contact with Harry. He stepped up onto the pavement off of the street. It took a while for them all to snap out of their shock, but once they did... holy shit. I clasped my hands over my ears trying to dampen their deafening screams. I watched as Harry slowly made his way towards me and Anna as he became engulfed by the growing swarm of young teenage girls.

"I LOVE YOU HARREH!"

"I LOVE YOU MORE!"

"OH MY GOD! PLEASE, MARRY ME!"

"TAKE ME HOME, HARRY! LET ME-"

"Shut the HELL UP!" I screamed over them all.

Their screaming died down for a few seconds as they all looked for me. I received a few glares and I'm sure that if they could get away with murder, I'd be six feet under by now. I know it was rude of me but I was sick of it. And if somebody didn't try to stop them, we would go deaf for sure. But it wasn't only their screaming that bothered me.

It was "Harry this..." and "Harry that..." They all wanted something from him, and they would tear him to shreds to get it. They didn't care about him. They cared about 'Harry Styles, mega pop star billionaire.'

I felt a warm hand wrap around my arm and begin pulling me forwards. It took me a second to realize that it was Harry holding on to me, and Anna as well. He tried to help us out of the mob of screams, but it went unsuccessfully. They just kept following us, even across the busy street. We ended up causing a traffic jam in the middle of London. It's amazing that nobody got hurt if you ask me. We finally lost them when security held them back as we stumbled into a large, ornate lobby.

Scanning my surroundings I saw awards lined up along the walls, but not just any awards. Platinum records, multi-platinum, VMA Moonmen, Teen Choice Awards, BRIT Awards. Any and every award One Direction had ever won in their three years of stardom.

"Welcome to one of our recording studios," Harry said as he opened his arms to gesture around the lobby.

"Holy crap," Anna spoke out loud as she spun around to take it all in.

"No kidding," I mumbled under my breath.

"Are you two okay? Do you need anything?" Harry asked concerned.

"Uh, water would be lovely. Actually could I have a hot chocolate? I'm still a little cold," I asked quietly.

"Yes, of course. What about you Anna?" Harry asked, briefly looking at Anna before looking back at me.

"I'm good, thank you," she smiled easily. Harry nodded in acknowledgement.

"June, would you mind bringing Emma some hot chocolate?" Harry asked, turning to a dark haired girl behind a desk in the front of the lobby.

"Of course not, Harry. Would you like me to grab you a blanket, Emma?" she said as she stood up, looking at me with a warm smile.

"S-sure, if it isn't a problem," I stuttered.

"Not at all," she said before disappearing down a hall.

"Come on, let me take you to our room," Harry said as he took my hand, and started walking in the opposite direction.

"Shouldn't we wait here for June to come back?" I asked softly.

"It's fine, she knows where we will be if we aren't here waiting for her," Harry smiled reassuringly.

"Okay," I agreed as I followed Harry and Anna down a decorated hallway.

I was soon absorbed into the music awards other bands or artists have won that recorded here. The diversity of the artists amazed me and it wasn't until I came back to the real world that I realized I was alone and lost. I didn't mind it though, it allowed me to look at the the walls again.

"It's fascinating how many amazing different artists have worked or still are working here," I heard Harry say beside me.

"I was just thinking that. Besides how often does one like myself get to be in the same place that the Rolling Stones have recorded in?" I mused.

"More often than you'd believe," Harry answered.

"Really?" I questioned, looking over to him. He was standing about a foot away from me.

"Yeah, you're hot chocolate is waiting for you in our room," Harry told me.

A smile flitted across my features as Harry gently took my hand in his and lead me down more hallways to my waiting hot chocolate.

Harry

Her hand feels cold against mine own, yet warm at the same time. I am not exactly sure how that makes any sense, but I love the way it feels. No matter how hard I try to keep a straight face, a smile keeps erupting onto my lips. I just can't help it though! Holding Emma's hand makes me so happy. I am starting to sound like a girl but I don't care. I'm happy and that's all that matters.

So it really sucks when we get back to the room and Emma pulls her hand away from mine. Seeking warmth from hot chocolate and a blanket rather than from me. I could give her all the warmth she will ever need, but she doesn't seem to realize that.

Okay, what the hell kind of thought was that? Yes, I know that my feelings towards Emma are a bit more than just friends and that I care for her but... just how badly do I care? Enough to honestly feel jealous of inanimate objects?  Apparently so.

Chuckling quietly at myself, I sat down beside Emma on the couch, throwing my arm on to the back rest behind her head. Closing my eyes, I tried to get myself to relax. My relaxation lasted for all of three seconds.

"Haz! Where's our food?" Niall yelled as he looked over at the empty table when he walked into the room.

"I didn't get it," I replied refusing to open my eyes.

"Why not?" he whined.

"Because he rescued us from some psychotic fans of yours," Emma spoke up, lifting her head from her cup.

"What?" Zayn asked confusedly as he sat down in an empty chair.

"Yeah, some crazy red head walked up to Emma and started asking her about you, Harry," Anna piped up.

"Wait, what?" I opened my eyes, immediately looking at Emma. "Is that true, Em?"

"Uh, yeah," she mumbled, her cheeks tinting a light pink.

"Do you want me to tell them or would you like to?" Anna asked Emma.

"Seeing as you will probably make it seem way worse than it was, I will. So, Anna and I were out shopping and stopped in the shop across the street. Ginger- I mean, a red headed girl came up to me asking if I was the girl from the pictures and if I knew you or not. Apparently you two are to be married and I need to stay away," Em said, turning her head to look me in the eye. Her beautiful blue eyes were filled with laughter.

"Then what? What about outside?" I asked.

"I was getting to that," she smiled slightly. " So when we went outside there was a small group of girls waiting for us. I was called a whore because of my outfit. The red head wasn't done talking to me, but I was done with her. She grabbed onto me, Harry showed up, we nearly went deaf, and now here we are," Emma summed up.

"You are not a whore just for wearing a top showing your midsection. If that were the case the world would be full of them," I told her.

"But... I thought it already was," she said with a serious tone. I almost believed her until she bit her lip, obviously trying to hide her laughter.

"That wasn't very nice of you," I smiled as I ruffled her hair.

"I'm not always a nice person, and you have to admit there is a little truth to it," she shrugged, completely unfazed by my messing with her hair. That's twice in one day that I have shown some kind of friendly affection and she hasn't pushed me away. Today is turning out to be a good day.

______________________________

A/N: Thank you so much for reading, I appreciate it so much. xoxo

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

247 17 3
"If you love someone you tell them. Even if your scared that it's not the right thing. Even if your scared that it will cause problems. Even if your...
35.8K 702 36
[BOOK ONE] She puts on a tough girl act and tries to prove to the world that she can take it on single-handed. In reality, she's just scared. Scare...
4K 70 41
It all started at a meet and greet, When Emily gives Liam her phone to take a picture of the two of them. When he has it in his hands, he takes the o...
44.4K 1.6K 40
[AU Fan Fiction] Helen is an 18 year old girl who has been in love with Harry, her best friend, for years. After continuous moments of heartbreak and...