The Journey of A Champion: A...

Da MoonCrane098

Unova, a region where hundreds of Pokemon are still undiscovered and a year before the immoral Team Plasma th... Altro

Journey of A Champion Prologue
Chapter 1: An Obvious Choice
Chapter 2: The New One
Chapter 3: Yune
Chapter 4: Emptiness and the Gym
Chapter 5: Bearers of the Black and White Shield (Part 1)
Chapter 5: Bearers of the Black and White Shield (Part 2)
Chapter 6: The Martial Arts Pokemon
Chapter 7: Lenora, an Archeologist with a Backbone
Chapter 8: Breaking and Mending
Chapter 9: Face the Music
Chapter 10: Into the Fire
Chapter 11: The Strange Feeling of Defeat
Chapter 12: Once More
Chapter 13: Unknown Identity
Chapter 14: Secrets and Saviors
Chapter 15: Electrifying
Chapter 16: Queen of Thieves
Chapter 17: Hellos, Goodbyes, and Hard Choices
Chapter 18: Runaways
Chapter 19: A Gem of a Battle
Chapter 20: Fatal Mistake
Chapter 21: Fears
Chapter 23: Stars
Chapter 24: Only Kings Wear Crowns
Chapter 25: Dragonspiral Tower
Chapter 26: Darkness Falls
Chapter 27: Hold On
Chapter 28: Endgame
Chapter 29: A Flurry of Wind and Sand
Chapter 30: Champion's Denouement
Epilogue

Chapter 22: To the Sky

4.1K 99 44
Da MoonCrane098

A/N I'm really sorry I haven't updated recently! I guess I'm just trying to get used to school. :P Anyways, here's the chapter! :D I hope you guys like it. Read, comment, and, please, VOTE! I really, really appreciated the feedback last week and I can't wait to see what you have to say for this one. Thank you all so much for supporting me!

THIS CHAPTER IS NOW EDITED!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Riley’s eyelids slowly opened and were immediately filled with bright, white light. The trainer groaned, turned her face to the side, and squinted. She put a hand up to shade her eyes from the brightness. “ Riley?” A voice said expectantly and the trainer put her hand  down and turned towards the source. A purple-haired girl sat with bright eyes and a smile stretching from ear to ear. “ Feeling better?”

Riley rubbed her head and yawned. She felt something cool on her skin and looked down. Blue paste was smeared over the cuts, bruises, and other wounds on her legs. Her pants had been rolled up and her jacket had been taken off. Riley put a hand to her face and felt the gel-like substance smeared there as well. A bandage was wrapped around her foot and some of her lower leg. “ I’m in the Pokemon Center.” Riley said aloud, wanting Sophie to confirm it. The breeder nodded.

“ That stuff on your legs, arms, and face is called Oran Berry Paste. Apparently, it helps heal minor wounds on people pretty quickly. Nurse Joy ordered it all the way from the Kanto region so it took a couple days to get here. After she put it on, though, you started healing pretty quick.” Sophie explained.

Riley’s brow furrowed. “ A couple days?”

The breeder nodded again. “ Uh-hum. You’ve been asleep for a while. Nurse Joy told us to let you sleep ‘cause you were really tired and beaten up, but Tomas ignored her. He stayed here until I told him to go get something to eat. He left a couple minutes ago.” Riley turned her head to see a black fox-like Pokemon on the side of the bed she was in. “ He’s stayed by your side the whole time too.” Sophie said pointing to Zorua. Riley smiled at the dark type and put a hand on his head, ruffling the curl of black and red fur. The Tricky Fox grinned back. “ What happened to you?” Sophie inquired curiously and leaned forward in her chair.

Riley turned her gaze away from Zorua and looked down, not knowing what to say. “... I don’t know...”

“ Oh, come on!” Sophie threw her hands up. “ You didn’t bonk your head that hard. I don’t even think you hurt your head!”

The brown-haired trainer didn’t respond right away and there was an awkward silence. “ Team Plasma.” She finally said with a grave expression.

Sophie’s smile faded and she slowly recoiled. The breeder dropped Riley’s gaze and looked at the floor. She scuffed her feet uncomfortably. “ What did they want...?” She asked without lifting her head.

Tomas walked into the room just as Riley opened her mouth and the air grew uncomfortable. The brown-haired trainer scooched to the edge of the plainly covered bed and swung her legs over the side. “ I think I’m gonna challenge Skyla today.” She said. Tomas and Sophie started to rush toward her and she hopped off the bed. A sharp pain shot up through the trainer’s leg and she fell to the floor in shock. “ What the---?!” Tomas took her hand, pulled her up, and helped her back on the bed.

“ Most of the rest of your cuts are fully healed, but your leg might take a little longer.” He stated simply and Zorua jumped up beside her.

“ I’ll go talk to Nurse Joy to see if she’s got anything else that’ll help you get better faster.” Sophie said brightly and dashed out of the room and down the hall.

Tomas and Riley stared at the door for a little while and then the raven-haired let go of Riley’s arm and sat in Sophie’s seat. He sat there with his arm’s crossed looking out the window as Riley petted Zorua’s head. “ You were taken from a crashing plane, vanished for hours, and then showed up limping, beaten and bruised, on Route 7. Riley, what happened to you?”

This was the question Riley had been dreading from him. Sophie asking it was harmless. She could give the breeder a vague answer and she’d be content, but with Tomas... Riley didn’t even know what she could tell him. She didn’t even know if she could trust him. “ It was Team Plasma.” She started out slowly and Tomas’s eyes widened. “ They wanted information... But not from me. They wanted you, Tomas.”

The raven-haired trainer was silent. He was frozen in shock and his mind kept flashing through images of the Shadow Triad, the three mysterious men he had met at the desert resort that were asking about his father. “ I just want to know what that means.” Riley said firmly. Tomas stayed quiet and unconsciously twiddled his thumbs. “ Tomas.” The brown-haired trainer insisted. Without looking at her the boy got up out of his seat and walked out of the room. “ Tomas!”

A few moments later, Sophie hurried into the room holding to long metal objects and a small tub. She carried them up high and then leaned them against the wall. The breeder stuck out her hands, beckoning towards the objects. “ Crutches!” She exclaimed happily in a sing-songy voice. “ Aaaaaand Oran Berry Paste!” The breeder unscrewed the top of the tub she was carrying, slowly unwrapped the bandage on Riley’s leg, and coated the trainer’s lower leg in the gel. “ Nurse Joy said we could keep this container of it to help you get better. There’s a huge bruise on your ankle so this’ll help it a lot, but something funny happened to the top of your leg. I don’t really know that much about healing humans,” Sophie shrugged, “ but I think you’ll be better in a few days.”

Riley reached out a hand, wanting the crutches, and Sophie handed them to her. The trainer placed them on the bed, rewrapped the bandage around her leg, put the crutches under her arms and got off the bed. “ Where’s my jacket?” She asked and Sophie walked over to her chair and pulled the hoodie off. Riley zipped it up and headed out the door.

-----------------------------------

Using the crutches to support her walking, Riley clacked down the halls of the PokeCenter and out the door. Zorua scampered behind her, keeping up easily, and Sophie followed as well. Not far away from the Pokemon Center the trainer stopped. She turned around and looked Zorua up and down. “ You followed me all the way from Nimbasa.” She stated and a smile broke onto her lips. “ You saved me and I never once asked why. Zorua, do you wanna be part of the team?” The dark type grinned mischievously. 

“ Mienfoo, come on out!” The trainer threw a Pokeball in the air and the Martial Arts Pokemon appeared in front of her. Zorua backed up and growled, in a ready stance. “ Alright, Mienfoo. Use Jump Kick!” The fighting type flew into the air and swept his foot around in a roundhouse kick. Zorua ducked down, flattening his ears. He closed his eyes, concentrated, and opened them again. They glowed and a rainbow beam shot from in front of his mouth and knocked Mienfoo higher in the air. The psychic type move did tons of damage, but Riley took the advantage of being so high up to call out another move. “ Drain Punch, Mienfoo.” The Pokemon flipped and began speeding down headfirst. Her fist began to glow and Zorua looked up, shocked. The Martial Arts Pokemon came down hard, striking the dark type with her own force and the force of the fall. Zorua lay on the ground, dazed. He blinked and shook his head, trying to clear it. The Tricky Fox barked at Mienfoo and prepared another move. Zorua began running and white streaks surrounded him on all sides. “ Aerial Ace...” Riley breathed. “ That’s a flying type move.” Mienfoo’s gotta get out of there. 

“ Mienfoo, quickly, jump to the side!” She yelled. Her Pokemon bent his knees and swiftly jumped into the air and to the right. He flipped and landed on the ground just as Zorua had gone past. “ Jump Kick again!” The Tricky Fox turned around, coming back with Aerial Ace, and Mienfoo quickly sidestepped. A streak of the attack hit her and threw her temporarily off-balance, but the fighting type recovered and swung her leg around, hitting Zorua square in the side. The dark type tumbled to the ground. Mienfoo walked over to her fallen opponent and looked down at him. Suddenly, Zorua opened his eyes whirled around, grabbed Mienfoo’s leg, and pulled her down, grinning impishly. Mienfoo squeaked. “ Hey!” Riley yelled and took an empty Pokeball from her belt. She tossed in the air. Zorua swatted it away and his smile widened. Riley stared at the Pokemon in shock. “ I thought you wanted to be part of the team.” The dark type gave her a look that said you’re going to have to do better than that. Riley smiled, Zorua wasn’t done fighting yet and neither was Mienfoo.

“ Mienfoo, use Pound!” The Martial Arts Pokemon spun on the ground, tripping Zorua, and got up. He raised his fist slammed it down. Zorua got up, shaking off the attack, and melted into the shadows. Mienfoo turned aroud, searching for her opponent. The dark type emerged out of the darkness and tackled Riley’s Pokemon from behind. Mienfoo instantly snapped towards him and waved his fist around as Riley called out, “ Pound again, Mienfoo!” The fighting type hit Zorua’s face and while the dark type was down Riley took a Pokeball from her belt and threw it. White light enveloped Zorua and the Pokemon Ball dropped to ground. It wobbled back and forth, once, twice, three times. Ding!

Sophie picked up the Pokeball for Riley and handed it to her. The trainer opened it up, smiling, and Sophie reached into her bag. She brought out some Oran Berries and threw them to Zorua. The dark type gobbled them up. “ Those should make you feel better.” Sophie said happily.

“ I never got to say, thanks for saving me.” Riley said and slowly clacked over to the Pokemon. She reached down and gave the dark type’s fur a tousle. “ I’m really grateful for that.” The Tricky Fox grinned proudly and Riley returned Mienfoo. “ You ready to battle a gym leader?” Zorua nodded enthusiastically. 

Sophie led them through the city, past a couple houses, and down a long runway with dozens of cargo planes. They came to a large, blue building with a Pokeball and a picture of a plane on the front. The breeder held the door open for Riley and Zorua and they entered the gym. The gym’s stadium was a regular flat dirt stadium, but floating above it were round, yellow balloons with red bars hanging off them.

“ Hey!” Someone said cheerily from the end of the stadium. Riley turned towards the voice and saw Skyla standing at the far end of the stadium. “ It’s you!” The flying type trainer skipped over. “ Ya know I never did get your name.”

“ Riley.” The brown-haired trainer responded easily.

“ Riley.” Skyla repeated, testing it out. She nodded, satisfied with the name. “ Well, Riley, it looks like your mostly better and I’ve wrapped up the gym leader meeting. It actually didn’t go as well as I hope Cress, Burgh, and a couple others refused to take any action against Team Plasma and Elesa stayed impartial.” She sighed, more to herself then Riley. “ But I guess that means we can have our battle now!” Skyla continued brightly. She ran to the other side and a referee came out onto the middle of the stadium. People began cheering, “ Sky-la! Sky-la!” and Riley turned to look at the ones making all the noise.

People were a level above, looking down at her, pumping their fists, and leaning over the railing to get a better view. “ Sky-la! Sky-la!” They continued to shout. The ref put his hands up and slowly lowered them. The noise died down and he cleared his throat.

“ This is your standard one on one battle. No potions are allowed to be used. Substitutions are also not allowed. Each trainer will battle with three Pokemon and when all the Pokemon of one trainer are knocked out the battle ends.” The referee held up a flag and looked at Skyla. “ Gym Leader, are you ready?” Skyla nodded. He then turned to Riley. “ Challenger, are you ready?” She nodded as well and brought her hand to her belt. “ Please, send out your Pokemon.” Skyla let hers out first. It was a blue and white bird that held its head high, a Swanna. Riley grinned and threw out Manectric. She’d have a huge advantage over Skyla.

“ Now.... May the battle begin!” The ref yelled, bringing his flat down with a quick fwoosh. He ran off the field and stood on the sidelines. Sophie dashed to the upper level and watched from there.

“ Manectric, use Spark!” Yellow electricity flared up around the Discharge Pokemon and he raced forward at breakneck speed.

“ Quick, Swanna, get into the air!” Skyla commanded. The water/flying type beat her wings once and surged into the air. Manectric sped by below and Skyla’s Pokemon was safe. 

“ Use Air Slash!” Skyla called out and the White Bird Pokemon reared back, wings glowing blue. Swanna flapped them repeatedly a disc-like energy shot out and sawed through the air towards Manectric. The Pokemon was unable to dodge. The blades were grouped too close together and rained down on the entire field. Slowly, Swanna stopped beating her wings and the last energy hit the ground. Manectric looked up and shot the flying type daggers, not heavily damaged, but angry enough to let his calm demeanor be broken.

“ Use Flamethrower!” Riley yelled, knowing if any attack could reach Skyla’s Pokemon it would be that one. A stream of flame flew from the lightning type’s mouth and burst into the air, reaching for Swanna.

Skyla reacted quickly. “ Swanna, use BubbleBeam on that!” Spheres of water shot from the White Bird’s mouth and zoomed towards the fire. The bubbles hit it and sizzled. The flame was slowly being beaten back. Swanna’s going to overwhelm him quickly if this keeps up. The brown haired trainer thought. An orb of water splashed beside Manectric and fizzled with electricity. Riley looked from it to her Pokemon who struggling to maintain the fire and realized something. It’s so obvious! The trainer smacked her palm against her face.

“ Discharge!” She commanded and Manectric grinned, throwing her a quick look of respect. The fire continued bursting from his mouth, but now electricity was surrounding the Discharge Pokemon’s body. Lightning crackled out from Manectric and danced around the edge’s of the Flamethrower. It went farther than the previous attack and jumped from bubble to bubble, being conducted by the water. Swanna stopped attacking and her eyes widened in fear. A vicious yellow spark jumped from the last bubble and zapped the White Bird. The flying type fell to the ground. She got up in a cloud of dust, clearly worn out. Discharge had done tons of damage and it looked like Swanna would be knocked out with one more hit.

Skyla tightened her jaw and quickly made a decision. “ Use Roost!” Shiny feathers floated around Swanna, radiating white light. They then rushed toward the White Bird and she began to glow as well. The light faded and the flying type held her head high. Most of the scratches on her body were gone and the Pokemon was refreshed.

Reacting quickly, Riley called to her Pokemon, “ Use Bite on Swanna while she’s still down!” Manectric sprinted down the field with a determined look and leaped at the White Bird. Swanna flapped her wings, pushing up into the air. The Discharge Pokemon grabbed her wing with his teeth and held on. Tugging at her feathers as she ascended, Skyla’s Pokemon beat her wings furiously and threw the electric type off.

“ BubbleBeam!” The gym leader coolly shouted to her Pokemon. Once again, blue spheres of water appeared in front of Swanna and shot through the air. They splashed as they hit Manectric and the electricity jumping off his fur sizzled in the pool of water next to him. Manectric looked from the quickly spreading puddle to Swanna and realized what was going to happen. Another orb of water splashed on top of him and the lightning racing over his body crackled and surrounded him in a surge of electricity. The Discharge Pokemon gritted his teeth, unable to store all the energy, and Swanna soared down for another attack.

“ Now it’s time for Air Slash, Swanna!” Skyla commanded as the White Bird dove closer.

“ Discharge!” Riley cried out. Just as the flying type was about to attack, Manectric redirected all the energy surrounding his body and shot it at the Pokemon. It hit Swanna in midair and the White Bird squawked. The electricity created a devastating attack

“ Swanna is unable to battle.” The ref announced from the sidelines.

Riley gasped in relief and then looked at her Pokemon. The electric type was beat, although no damage had been done from direct attacks other than Air Slash. The last attack had tired him out and the electricity had been overwhelming.

Skyla looked down at the two Pokeballs she had left briefly. She half-smiled and threw one out. A bat-like Pokemon hovered in front of her. “ Swooo!” She said merrily and looked back at her trainer.

“ Alright, let’s start off with Assurance, Swoobat!” The Gym Leader called out. The Courting Pokemon flapped its wings once and rushed down the field. Swoobat came down near Manectric and began to turn, about to hit him with her wing.

“ Duck!” Riley called out quickly and the electric type put his head to the ground and crouched. Swoobat’s wing whooshed above him and he quickly got back up. “ Use Bite!” Manectric leaped into the air with open jaws. 

Swoobat turned towards him and her eyes widened. “ Quick, use Attract!” Skyla yelled to her Pokemon and the flying type turned to Riley’s. Pink hearts swirled around her and flew through the air. They hit the Discharge Pokemon’s head and he fell to the ground, dazed. Manectric closed his eyes and shook his head. Slowly at first, he opened them. Then, they burst open and pink hearts filled them. His tongue lolled out of his mouth and he couldn’t stop staring at Swoobat. Riley raised her eyebrows, having never seen the electric type act that way.

“ Maneh...” The Pokemon admiringly remarked and continued gazing at the Courting Pokemon.

Skyla grinned and took the time to attack. “ Heart Stamp!” A glowing heart shot out from Swoobat’s nose and knocked Manectric down. 

“ Use Discharge, Manectric!” Riley yelled. The electric type stayed on the ground and ogled at Skyla’s Pokemon, hopelessly infatuated.

“ Acrobatics now, Swoobat!” The psychic/flying type sped down so fast an afterimage seemed to trail behind her. She hit Riley’s Pokemon and he tumbled down the field.

The trainer gritted her teeth, not knowing how to break Swoobat’s love spell. “ Please Manectric, use Spark!” The electric type slowly got up and dashed towards Swoobat. Riley’s jay dropped. The Pokemon was running like a fool, head bobbing up and down, feet catching on invisible rocks. Manectric tripped and skidded forward. Pink hearts were still big in his eyes. Riley put her palm to her face.

“ Use Heart Stamp again!” Skyla called out. Swoobat fired another heart and Riley yelled out a command. Manectric didn’t listen to a word. “ Acrobatics!” Each call Riley made was more desperate. “ Assurance!” 

“ Manectric is unable to battle.” The ref announced. That one move! Riley thought, both impressed and angry. Manectric was unable to do anything because of that one move. “ Riley, please send out your next Pokemon.” The referee said and her attention snapped back to the battle. She nodded and took out a Pokemon Ball while thinking up a strategy to avoid Attract. Zorua was sent out.

“ Zorua, let’s use Aerial Ace!” Riley yelled. The dark type ran forward with streaks of white surrounding him.

“ Use Assurance, Swoobat.” Skyla said and her Pokemon dove down toward the Tricky Fox and turned, bringing her wing back. Zorua sneered and jumped up as the attack came down. He leaped off the wing and high into the air with an extra boost from the Aerial Ace. Flying through the air, the dark type grabbed onto one of the red bars hanging down from the yellow balloons. After a minute’s struggle he pulled himself up and carefully balanced. Swoobat whooshed through the air towards him and Zorua jumped to the next balloon.

“ Use Foul Play when you get the chance!” Zorua watched as Skyla’s Pokemon came closer and grinned when her Pokemon quickly ducked. The psychic/flying type came past and Zorua grabbed onto her wing, planning to turn Swoobat’s speed against her, spin her around, and release. The dark type reached out and clamped onto the Courting Pokemon’s wing right before he heard a snap and the strings holding the bar to the balloon were cut by Swoobat’s wings. The Tricky Fox held on tightly as the bar underneath him fell and dragged Skyla’s Pokemon down. They spiraled through the air and the psychic type flung Riley’s Pokemon off. They crashed to the ground and dust swirled in the air.

Zorua slowly pushed himself up, aching, and Swoobat stretched her wings and jumped into the air, hovering much lower and beating her wings slower than before. They were equally hurt.

Skyla acted quickly. “ Attract, now!” Pink hearts swirled through the air across the field and towards Zorua as he was still getting up. The dark type looked up and began to back away. Before Riley could say a thing, her Pokemon vanished, hidden in the darkness. The hearts hit the ground and he reappeared behind Swoobat with a smug look. Zorua jumped up and tackled Swoobat from behind. The psychic type took a huge amount of damage. Without thinking, the gym leader blurted out an attack, Heart Stamp. A heart sped through the air and hit Zorua’s chest, disappearing in a cloud of sparkles. Zorua stood still mischievously, completely unaffected. Skyla’s eyes widened and she put hands on her face in embarassment. Of course, psychic type attacks didn’t affect dark types. “ Wait--!” She started.

“ Zorua, use Extrasensory!” A multicolored beam outlined in gold shot from Zorua’s mouth. The Courting Pokemon swiftly dodged and dove closer to Riley’s Pokemon.

Skyla took a deep breath. “ A pilot’s gotta stay focused... And that’s just what I’m going to do! Swoobat, Assurance again!” As Zorua jumped over the psychic type’s swinging wing again he grinned and glanced back at his trainer. “ Turn!” Skyla yelled quickly and the Courting Pokemon turned sideways. As Zorua came back down Swoobat’s wing appeared above him and rushed downwards, slamming him into the ground.

Skyla smiled and her Pokemon flew back, getting away from Zorua. The dark type rose up and growled at Swoobat. “ Use Aerial Ace now, Zorua!” The Tricky Fox dashed forward with an angry look in his eyes and streaks of white surrounded him.

“ Swoobat, Acrobatics!” Skyla called and her Pokemon plummeted towards the ground. She quickly turned and leveled out, flying just above the ground. “ Now use Attract!” Hearts swirled through the air from Swoobat nose.

Riley half-grinned. This time she knew what to expect and exactly how to counter it. “ Use Extrasensory on the hearts.” A stream of gold energy made Swoobat’s attack burst into a collection of useless sparkles and Zorua continued forward. They were close now. It was just a competition to see whose attack was stronger. 

The attacks collided and dirt flew in the air. As it cleared, Riley squinted to figure out what had happened. Her eyes widened and the referee announced the fallen Pokemon. “ Zorua is unable to battle. Riley, please send out your next Pokemon.” The trainer nodded and grabbed her last Pokemon Ball. The referee turned to Skyla. “ Skyla, your Pokemon is also unable to battle. Please send out your last Pokemon.”

Swoobat and Zorua both lay unconscious on the field. Swoobat’s Acrobatics had been more powerful, but the Faint Attack Zorua had used earlier had done tons of damage. In a red flash, the Pokemon disappeared and two more appeared. Eevee and Skarmory. Riley bit her lip. Skarmory looked to be Skyla’s most powerful Pokemon. The Amored Bird grinned smugly. “ Ok, Skarmory, Agility!” The gym leader shouted confidently.

Skarmory sliced through the air, disappearing briefly and then reappearing. She swerved to the side and vanished. Eevee’s eyes widened and she spun around, looking for the invisible opponent. The Evolution Pokemon spotted her and jumped forward. “Tackle!” Riley yelled. Skarmory easily dodged and took to the air.

“ Now, Air Cutter!” The metal/flying type crossed his wings and white X’s shot across the arena. One hit beside Eevee and she squeaked, running to the right. Another hit the ground beside her and more began raining down. Eevee tumbled backwards, unable to dodge, and coughed as the dust swirled in the air. Skarmory was fast and the normal type had no way to get to her in the air.

“ Use Bite!” Eevee leaped into the air and tried to reach Skarmory. The steel type flapped her wings and swooshed out of the Evolution Pokemon’s reach. Eevee began to fall down. She flailed her arms and watched as the ground rushed toward her. The Evolution Pokemon hit the ground hard and rolled over.

“ Steel Wing, Skarmory!” The flying type rushed down covered in a white light.

Eevee looked back at Riley. What should I do!? Her eyes seemed to say. “ Instinc---” Riley started. Skyla’s Pokemon rushed down. The Evolution Pokemon swung her head to her opponent and her eyes widened. She closed them fearfully and waited for the attack. 

Skarmory stopped in midair. Sharp wings were an inch away from Eevee's face and the Armored Pokemon became outlined in blue. Eevee slowly opened her eyes and they flashed light blue. Skyla and Riley’s eyes widened and everyone watching was speechless. “ That’s---!” A glint of sunshine shined down on Eevee. The Evolution Pokemon threw Skyla’s Pokemon back. Skarmory fell to the ground and Eevee looked back at her trainer proudly. Her ears perked up and eyes widened. Rays of light came down and lit up her face. Eevee’s body began glowing. She spun around. Slowly, the Evolution Pokemon was enveloped in light and her form began to change. Her tail thinned and she became taller and slimmer. Tufts of fur grew under Eevee’s ears and the light burst. A slender Pokemon stood where Eevee had been before. A red orb was in the middle of her head and her tail split at the end. She was covered in lilac fur.

Riley pulled out her Pokedex. “ Espeon, the Sun Pokemon. Its fur is so sensitive, it can feel minute shifts in the air and predict the weather and its foes' thoughts.”

“ Yahoo!” Sophie cheered from the upper level. “ Eevee you evolved!”

The Pokemon smiled and then crouched in a ready position. Her trainer’s eyes sparkled proudly. The move Psychic had appeared in the place of Tackle. Espeon glanced back at Riley.

“ Skarmory,” Skyla called interrupting Espeon and Riley’s reverie, “ Fury Attack.” The gym leader refused to be distracted. Skarmory zoomed down close her, drew back his head, and thrust his beak forward. The psychic type nimbly stepped to the side and Skyla’s Pokemon’s attack came down again. Espeon dodged again and Skarmory turned. The Armored Pokemon pecked once more, striking her leg. A bruise appeared and Espeon growled.

“ Espeon, Iron Tail!” The Sun Pokemon flicked her tail and it became sheathed in steel.

“ Steel Wing, Skarmory!” The flying type flew down, brought her right wing back as it began to glow, and swung it towards Espeon. The attacks hit with a clang and the both Pokemon were knocked back. Skarmory flew into the air, getting out of the psychic type’s reach.

“ Espeon, use Psychic to lower the balloons.” The Sun Pokemon acted quickly. Her eyes turned blue and one of the balloons floated down. She jumped on its ring and hopped to the next, climbing higher. Espeon leaped down onto Skarmory’s back. The Armored Pokemon turned her head to the psychic type on her back.

“ Use Agility to get Espeon off!” Skyla said quickly. The steel type dipped down and plummeted towards the ground. Riley Pokemon’s feet began to slip and she flew off.

“ Quick, use Bite!” Espeon clamped down on Skarmory’s wing and held on tightly. Her teeth grinded on the Pokemon’s metal-like wing as she tried to stay on. Espeon reached up with a paw, but just as she did the flying type spun. The Sun Pokemon flew off and hit the ground hard. 

She pushed herself up and looked at the opponent determinedly. “ Use Air Cutter to finish her off!” Skyla yelled, confidence brimming.

There’s no way Espeon can dodge this move fast enough! Skyla’s going to win and she knows it! “ No!” Riley cried out desperately as white Xs of energy sped through the air to her Pokemon. “ No!”

The crowd watched in anticipation. A white X exploded on the field. “ Espeon is unable to battle. Skyla is the---” The referee stopped. The white Xs had stopped falling and were now outlined in blue. The dust settled and Espeon stood covered in scrathes with her eyes glowing. Skarmory’s attack was frozen as he had been before. Espeon looked to the referee with a firm gaze that said not yet. Her eyes opened wider. The X’s shot back through the air to Skarmory and she reared back. The Armored Pokemon flapped her wings in distress and every one of her attacks hit her at the same time.

Skarmory fell to the ground. The referee was silent. Not even Sophie said a word. Skyla blinked in disbelief. Slowly, a smile touched her lips. “ Ha ha! I think what you meant to say ref was, Riley is the winner!”

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

809 102 111
Hello there! Welcome to the world of Pokemon!This world is inhabited by creatures called Pokemon! For some people, pokémon are pets. Others use them...
1K 57 15
"Two worlds apart, two different fabricated realities they lived in, both united by the love they had for eachother..." Basic Story Summary: Zero, a...
109K 4K 80
A 10-year-old boy, with a goal to become a Pokemon Champion, sets out on a journey across the Kanto Region. A journey charged with friendships, fun...
1.6K 237 113
N's son Neptune has long accepted that his own son died in tragic circumstances. So when he gets an unexpected call from a stranger in Galar, claimin...