Daughter of Artemis: Fire and...

By baileybug64

My name is Sylvia West. First of all, you should know this story I'm about to tell you is in fact dangerous... More

Introduction
Daughter of Artemis 2*
Daughter of Artemis 3*
Daughter of Artemis 4*
Daughter of Artemis 5*
Daughter of Artemis 6*
Daughter of Artemis 7*
Daughter of Artemis 8*
Daughter of Artemis 9*
Daughter of Artemis 10*
Daughter of Artemis 11*
Daughter of Artemis 12*
Daughter of Artemis 13*
Daughter of Artemis 14
Daughter of Artemis 15
Daughter of Artemis 16
Daughter of Artemis 17
Daughter of Artemis 18
Daughter of Artemis 19
Daughter of Artemis 20
Daughter of Artemis 21
PART TWO
Daughter of Artemis 22 <>Ice<>
Daughter of Artemis 23
Daughter of Artemis 24
Daughter of Artemis 25
Daughter of Artemis 26
Daughter of Artemis 27
Daughter of Artemis 28
Daughter of Artemis 29
Last Note

Daughter of Artemis 1 <>Fire<>*

80.8K 648 191
By baileybug64

Media: Sylvia

<>Chapter 1<>

I step into the bus and hand the driver my money. I pick a seat in the back and stare out the window, waiting to get to the laundry mat. My father makes me do all the errands. He's too busy doing 'work.' His version of work is laying on the couch, having his 'binder' out, and watching movies. He's basically a con artist.

Not to mention, he's not the kind of dad you'd want, to be honest. He's horrible. He's a drunk (more than half the time), abusive, terrible father. For example, he smacks me if I talk back, and makes me do everything that he is responsible for. Or pay for everything. Either way, I take care of all his messes. I've gotten used to it though. My mother left after she had me. I never spoke with her.

Before I go any further, my name is Sylvia West. I have blue eyes and brown curly hair. I've got freckles and pale skin. Honestly, I wasn't that pretty compared to others. But I lived with what I got, as I was taught to as a child. Before my dad become an alcoholic, he said I'd be his princess, Snow White. Only difference would be brown hair. After the first few years from when my mom left, he started drinking. He'd leave me in the house all by myself, go out, party for who knows how many days, then come back and give me some food and that was it. How I survived, I have no clue. He went straight to bed for usually the rest of the week, getting up from time to time to get me something to eat. And that was how I was raised up until I became old enough to care for myself. He stopped altogether when I turned seven.

Now back to where I was, as I continued to stare out the window, I saw something unusual fly past the window. Perhaps a couple of leaves? We were in the middle of nowhere for being in Manhattan. No one else seemed to notice the eerie feeling I got right then. What was up with me today? I'd been getting this weird feeling that I was being watched or followed. Something like that. I look at the people getting on, hoping none of them would sit with me. I notice one particular old woman who ended up sitting next to me. She smelled ridiculously like smoke. Her aura screamed creepy, and her outfit did not compliment her.

"It is impolite to stare," she said, breaking me from my trance. Her voice was hoarse, and was very low.

"Oh, uh, sorry.. ma'am," I said and stared out the window again. Strange. . When I looked out the window, there was a lady who stood out among the others walking by. Looking right at me, her eyes glinted. She had beautiful, long white hair that reached her waist and wore a silvery t-shirt and dark blue jean shorts. Her eyes almost appeared. . . silver. Her lips quirked up in what almost seemed a smile. A few people walked in front of her, and when they got out of the way, she was gone.

The bus roared and grunted as it started moving again. I put my earphones in, blocking everything else out like I normally do. Listening to My Chemical Romance, I was actually kind of content. Unfortunately, I was surprised when I heard a ripping noise beside me. My earphones fell out, making everything sound clearer. I turned to a horrid sight. What I saw made me jump in the air.

The old woman's skin was changing color. It was changing to coal black skin. Her green eyes seemed to glow neon, and her nails became so long they were claws. As I watched her horrific transformation, she turned to look at me. The way she smiled wickedly and showed her fangs, and how her eyes narrowed ferociously made goosebumps form upon my skin. A sinister cold took over the air around me, making the situation even more daunting. Her uncomplimentary dress ripped off and she turned into a half demon-like thing and half animal. What was she?

I stared in terror, but whilst being distracted, she lunged at me. I instinctively held my bag up, and her fangs got stuck in it. I ripped it off my shoulder and jumped over the seat. People were giving me weird looks, but they didn't seem to notice the monster in front of them. "Miss, I need to ask you to sit down," the driver said sternly. How could he not see what was going on right in front of him?

I needed help!

"But don't you see-" I got cut off by an excruciating pain my shoulder. I was lifted into the air, and as I screamed, I was tossed through the roof of the bus and onto the busy road. I could hear the shrieks and shouting of the people as I flew through the air.

I luckily landed on the roof of a car, but more weight was suddenly put on. I looked up to see the monster was hissing at me. I had to get up, but my shoulder felt like a ton. I looked down to see puncture marks in my shoulder. They spread up to my collarbone, right by my neck. I looked closer to see that black stuff was oozing out of them. When I realized that 'black stuff' was my blood, the scream caught in my throat, barely making it's way out. As she lunged at me again, she instantly turned to ash. My vision went blurry, but I somehow pulled myself up.

I didn't realize the car had stopped until I stumbled around and hopped off. It was abandoned right by the road, the driver and anyone else riding gone. I rolled onto the road and ended up rolling down a steep hill. I yelped every time I hit a bump. I was rolling and rolling until I hit something hard. My back was against a tree that had writing on it. I groaned and grasped my head. What the heck just happened?

I laid for who knows how long before deciding that'd get me nowhere. I slowly made my way back onto my feet, mustering up a lot of strength. I leaned against the tree that supported half my weight. I looked up to read the writing. Somehow I knew it was Greek writing, and I read it somehow, someway. I had dyslexia, but it wasn't hard to read Greek at all. I don't know why, but it was one of the few things I could actually do right.

The writing said, "Camp Half-Blood - two miles." What was that supposed to mean? I looked back to the busy road, ready to seek assistance of anyone driving by, but it wasn't there anymore. That, or I'm seeing (or not seeing in this case) things. No point in going back that way then. Thinking it was my best option, I walked into the forest in front of me while holding my throbbing shoulder.

My head started to pound as though getting hit by a hammer, and my arm felt as if it'd fall off at any moment. I heard laughing and the more I walked, the louder it became. That's it. I've officially gone crazy. Not only had I imagined being attacked by a monstrosity, I also managed to injure myself, get lost in a random forest, and now I'm hearing laughter. My own mind is laughing at me. This is it. This is how it's going to end.

All of a sudden, a boy comes from my left and a similar looking boy comes from my right, both running. They obliviously didn't see me and I got smashed in between them as we collided. "Oof!" They both grunted while I winced, falling onto the ground. I landed on my face, getting a mouthful of dirt. I spit it out and coughed. I never realized dirt was so nasty. Although I guess I don't really go around eating dirt, do I? "Sorry miss," one of them said giggling.

"Can you help me?" I asked the guy on my right as I slowly stood.

"Sure we can," said the one on the left, so I looked that way. It's the guy from the right. Hang on.

"How'd you get there so fast?" I ask, then look to my right. He's there again.

"Where's the other boy?" I say looking behind me.

"What other boy? Are you being followed?" the stranger asked.

"Um, no, but. . . two guys ran into me," I said, showing the number two with my fingers.

"Yeah. . .?" someone said but it wasn't the boy I was looking at. His mouth was closed.

"How'd you do that?" I asked looking to my left. He was there. "What the heck?" I yelled, stepping back. Two extremely similar looking guys stood by each other now. Twins.

"Twins. You're twins," I said shaking my head. Alright, maybe I'm not that crazy.

"Oh! Sorry for the confusion miss. I'm Connor Stoll, and this is my brother Travis," the one on the right said, gesturing to the boy on his left.

"How do I know who is who?" I asked them.

"Doesn't matter now, you look like you've seen a ghost," I think Travis said.

"No, my tone's just pale," I retorted, slightly offended.

"No, you're literally white and. . . clutching your arm. Why are you holding your arm?" Connor asks stepping forward with a hand outstretched.

<>Flashback<>

"You lousy piece of-" he bellowed. "Do you know how much I've done for you? I could have put you out on the streets! It's where you belong anyways!" He lashed out again. "I have the decency to put a roof over your head, feed you, and keep you living here without rent! You really don't realize how lucky you are, do you girl?"

Lifting me up by a fistful of my hair, my father looked me in the eyes. Tears streamed down my face. This was my father. The man to used to care for me. Who used to love me. What happened to him?

Mom left is what happened.

I wanted to say something, anything. But, I could not for he was still my father and the closest relative I had. I was lucky to live here at least. It was a mistake for asking for anything more from him though.

"Got something to say?" He let go of my hair and my body slumped to the ground. I choked on my tears and bent over.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I won't ask again! I'm sorry!" I frantically apologized. I may have lost him, but I'm not ready to go out into the world yet so this was my sanctuary of sorts. I wasn't ready to leave it behind.

"Sorry, sure. Now go get me my beer." He laughed, and that's when the bile rose up. I let it all out and his face distorted into disgust. "You're worthless."

<>End of flashback<>

Having seen that gesture repeated before, I instantly jumped back and flinched. He looked confused, but slowly put his arm back down.

"There. . ." I began, but sighed. There was no way they'd listen. "You wouldn't believe me," I said, and looked behind me again.

"I think we would," Connor snickered. Or was it Travis who said that? I guess I'll never know.

Here goes nothing then. "Um, well, there was a lizard lady. I think. Like a monster, kind of. . . thing. She -it- whatever - tried to kill me," I told them. They looked like they understood and their expressions suggested they thought it was normal.

"Oh great, another demigod for Chiron to deal with," Travis said. Connor glared at him. I could distinctly notice a few different things. Travis had a higher voice, and he had thinner lips. His nose was almost a bit more pointed. Connor had fuller lips with angular lip lines. He had softer eyes too. Travis also looked a bit more slender, while Connor looked about average and was more lean.

"Demigod? As in like, half human-half god?" I asked in disbelief. No. No way. I'm not the only lunatic around. Oh, thank you God. Now I was sure to die.

"Yep. Here, come with us," Connor said holding out his hand to me. I flinched away again.

"Why should I come with you?" I asked, scowling at his dirty hand.

"We've got something that can make your arm stop hurting for whatever reason you still lack to give us. Also, we can explain to you what that thing was," Connor informed me convincingly, and stepped forward more, causing me to step back.

I swatted his hand away. "Take me with you then," I said, feeling annoyed.

"What's the magic word?" Travis teased and the twins laughed.

"Now," I say crossing my arms waiting for them to walk.

"Feisty. Just how I like them," Connor winked. I scoffed and started walking behind them. After quite a bit of walking, we finally reached a giant tree that had a creature on it that resembled a dragon, snoring away. I was about to point it out in horror, but Connor put his hand against my mouth.

"Don't wake it up, you idiot!" He scolded and dragged me along as we headed into the woods furthermore. I sighed and walked past the dragon. I didn't even care anymore. This was all just a bad dream. I'll wake up, laugh about it, and then go back to my daily, torturous life. If it's even worth calling that.

As we stepped past the tree and through an arch that had "Camp Half-Blood" engraved into it, a massive scent of seawater, strawberries, pine, and sweat greeted me. What was a forest in front of me before was now a giant area with cabins, lots of people, and just more trees. I could detect a lake and some fields in the distance. There, inhuman yet human-like figures were picking crops or rowing boats or just swimming. I looked to my left and saw a big house, kind of thing that was painted blue. It resembled the headquarters of what looked like a giant camp. To my right were about more than 15 cabins, each having it's own look to it. For example, one was decorated to look like death, or so I perceived. Another had lighting bolts around it. And another one looked like was made from water.

"Whoa. . ." I exhaled, taking it in. To be honest it was a grand sight. Too bad it'd be gone when I awoke.

"Big place, huh?" Travis said smiling then, sprinted down the hill below us.

"Yeah," I muttered.

"So, do you know who your parent is?" Connor asked me.

"Um, my dad's name is Philip but I never met my mother," I said and he nodded.

"Do you know who your mother is?" he asked me. I shook my head.

"If I knew who my mother was, I'd be able to provide a name, now wouldn't I?" I retorted. He laughed at me and placed a hand on my shoulder. I quickly stepped away, brushing his hand off.

"Welcome to Camp Half-Blood."

As soon as I took in what he announced, I felt something on the top of my head. It was kind of a tingling feeling. I was about to swat my head when Connor hurriedly stopped me by my wrist.

"Don't. Touch. Your. Head," he said slowly. "Come on, we have to hurry!" he yelled and started dragging me to the big house thing.

"Good luck!" Travis yelled from below, his laughter following.

<><><><><>

Ok well I had to delete my old book that was like this because it wasn't fitting together right. So I decided to make this one. I think we all know who her mom is :P

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 39 11
I really don't know what I'm doing for where this is going to go I just wanted to write something and it was this :) Also I don't own any of Rick Rio...
274K 11.7K 84
"Look, I didn't want to be a half-blood..." With one sentence, her life would be changed forever. Andy Collins could never have expected how her lov...
272K 9.8K 64
*Complete* 130,000+ words 𝔹𝕠𝕠𝕜 𝕠𝕟𝕖 It started with an obsession. No matter what anyone could say, I was one of the biggest fans anyone could g...
33.1K 803 70
"𝙄 𝙙𝙤𝙣'𝙩 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙩 𝙩𝙤 𝙗𝙚 𝙖 𝙨𝙩𝙪𝙥𝙞𝙙 𝙃𝙖𝙡𝙛-𝘽𝙡𝙤𝙤𝙙" "𝙉𝙤 𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙙𝙤𝙚𝙨" OC x OC Jason x OC In which a young Half-Blood finds her...