Something Good

נכתב על ידי HappieGeetie21

June was someone ordinary, evrything changes when a ridiculously hot stud, Andrew walks into her life and the... עוד

The Invicible girl
Mr. Popular
College years
Foreword
Author's Note
01.The Inter-college Meet
02.Eyes
03.Mobile - Zombie
04.Official Introduction
05.Dance Date
06.Dinner
07.Morning Run
NOTE
08.The Festival of Colors
09.Unexpected Turn Of Events
A/N
10.What now?
11.Color Splash
12.Confusion Everywhere
13.A Heart to Heart
Note
14.The Big Day
15.The Ball
16.Dance The Night Away
Author 's note
17.The Flashback
Story Info
18.The Aftermath
19.The Way I Look At You
20. It Was Just The Beginning
21. Live while you are young
22.Catching Feelings
23. It's Complicated
24. I am not a Pro but with you, I might be
25. Missing you was like dark grey all alone
26. Camping
27. Marshmallows
28. Are we out of the woods yet?
29. Truth Is, I Got Lost Without You
30. Isn't it Obvious?
Author's Note
31.The Crazy Ex
32. Cold War
33.Denial
34. Can't hide it anymore
35.Little Things
36. London
37.Slow Dancing
38. Cause Nobody Knows You The Way I Do
39.You & I
40. Heartache
41. Look What You've Done To Me?
42.Trouble In Paradise
43. All I want is to be with you
44. In sickness and health
45.Chorophobia - The Fear of dancing
46.Dance Lessons
47.Secrets & Lies
48. We don't talk anymore.
49. Moments
51.Love you, Goodbye
The Sequel

50. No Promises

2.2K 127 11
נכתב על ידי HappieGeetie21

JUNE's P.O.V

The sun was shining bright outside, it was a beautiful day but I was dreading for the worst. Today was the day I had to tell Andrew about my internship. It was inevitable, I had to face him. I had to let him go, it is for the best. At least that was what I told myself. I see don't see Becky for the whole day. She was still upset about me leaving. The farewell party was gonna commence at half-past 5. So I had the whole day to myself. I laid on my bed, listening to sad songs. I switched off my phone since I didn't feel like talking to anyone. I stayed in my room the whole day like literally. I didn't even go out for lunch. I missed my parents more than ever. If my mom was here with me, she would know exactly the right thing to tell me. I wanted to just see her, fortunately, technology paved the way in,I decided to facetime.

Hey there sweetie! I heard her soft voice but she chocked a little and tried to stop her emotion from overflowing.

Hi Mom! Are you okay? You don't look nor sound normal! I said slowly.

Of course, I am not fine! I am hearing your voice after a long time, I miss you a lot honey! She cried out.

Aw..mom I am so sorry! I um..lately I have been occupied by many stuff! I said trying to smile.

How's everyone there? I asked swiftly.

Oh..everything is fine here! Your brother made into medical school!! she exclaimed.

Oh my goodness, That's crazy! I said smiling brightly.

I know..He is at the top of the world! She said looking happy.

Dad misses you too! She added.

I smiled as tears started welling up, I guess I was really homesick.

Mom? I have some news! I said suddenly.

What is it June? She asked curiously.

I have been offered an internship at the New Reads magazine in New York. I said slowly.

That's great honey! I am so happy for you! She exclaimed looking overjoyed.

Really?? I asked doubtfully.

Of course, Your dad will be proud! She said looking teary.

So when are you coming home? She asked with excitement in her eyes.

Um. I not sure, I am leaving for New York after my final exams! I replied slowly.

It's okay sweetie, how would you react if I say We are coming to New York? She asked flashing her teeth smile.

That sounds wonderful! I said smiling.

What's wrong dear? Aren't you happy about this? She asked suddenly.

No-noo I am! I am really happy! I said trying to sound convincing.

Oh, honey. I understand what's bothering you! She said with a faint smile.

You do? I asked her eyeing her closely.

I know.. You are moving on from college, Becky and all your friends! That must really hurt! She said looking concerned.

Um.Yeah. It's just that! I replied with a small smile.

It's just that. Okay, I think I am in denial. I still believe some miracle is gonna happen and stop me from going to New York. I know, it's just pathetic.

Uh. Mom, I gotta go but I'll call you later! I love you! I said trying to keep my smile on.

Okay, take care sweetheart! Love you too! She said and hang up the call.

Later that day..

The preparations for the party was done last week, but still, when we saw all the decorations, It was really overwhelming. I mean for god sake, they made the stage decor with photos of all the seniors. I am sure everyone would have cried on see that. The function started with a guest performance by the juniors. They had a great theme for the party. It was probably the best party we have ever had in college for a while but I don't feel anything. There were multicoloured lights, they even had spotlights for the karaoke performance. I mean the normally I would have loved it but today I felt numb. I felt miserable to be precise. I have never felt more alone in a really crowded place. Why I was alone? Well because Becky wasn't talking to me so I went to the party myself and I couldn't call the boys exactly since I was trying to avoid Andrew, at least till our performance. But after a while I couldn't bring myself to sit there alone, looking like a loser at my Farewell party. So I did what anyone will do, I found a lonely stairway and sat there in the dark and cried my heart out. But then something else happened.

I am starting to think, you are avoiding me! I saw Andrew, leaning towards the wall.

Where did you get that from? I asked wiping the tears off my cheeks swiftly.

Well, for starters you aren't returning my calls or messages! He said crossing his arms.

Um. I am sorry! My phone was in silent mode! I said trying to sound casual.

June, comeon.. Your phone is always in silent! You chose to ignore my class! He said looking worried.

Oh crap, I forgot how well he knew me. Then it was followed a brief moment of silence.

I am officially worried about you! He said muttered and walked towards me.

No no noo. Don't come any closer! My heart was beating abnormally, I wasn't myself. I wasn't ready to tell him about the internship yet.

He sat near me putting his arms around me and I instantly gave in. I placed my head on his shoulder. I don't know why I did that? But I know, it was really soothing, it felt nice, it felt warm and most of all, it felt right.

But this isn't not gonna last! That tiny voice started stating facts.

Unless you tell him the truth about everything! It gave me a horrible suggestion.

I can't say, I was tempted but I can't be selfish like that. I know this isn't just about me.

Hey.. What's wrong? He asked slowly.

No-Nothing! I shuttered.

Really? You are not gonna tell me? He asked eyeing me closer.

Becky and I got into a small fight! I mumbled.

I know why! He said suddenly.

How could he know!? He can't know! Okay stop freaking out, he didn't even tell you what he knows.

What? I asked slowly.

You are angry at her because she broke her leg and made me your partner! He smirked.

I left out a breath in relief.

Okay, so that's another reason to be mad! I chuckled softly.

We both had a good laugh. I know it was wrong of me to expect this but I always wanted only him to make me smile like this, whenever I felt down. He was looking at me intensely, it seemed like he was about to tell something but he didn't, he was just smiling at me.

Come on. Let's go! Our performance is up! He said standing up.

Hey.. Thanks for making me smile! I said with a small smile.

Well..You don't have to thank me for that cause it's my job. I don't like your crying face, you look ugly with that on! He said with his signature smirk.

We were still staring at each other without shifting our gaze from each other.

So are you coming? He asked making me snap out it.

Um.Yeah! I replied instantly and started walking beside him.

As we went inside the auditorium, I found Becky sitting with her other classmates. I rushed towards her. I wanted to talk to her before the performance.

Andrew! Could you give me a minute? I asked him politely.

Sure, I'll meet you backstage! He replied with a sweet smile and left me.

I walked towards Becky and sat near her.

Hey! I called her slowly.

June. Your performance is up for 5 minutes! She said as she was trying to avoid me.

I know.. I just wanted to talk to you before going onstage! I replied.

I wanted to apologize to you! I exclaimed.

June, you don't have too! I already feel awful for snapping at you! She said holding my hands.

But.. I started.

I understand.. Okay? The heart wants what it wants! I get it, this job makes you happy and all I care about is your happiness! She said and enclosed me with her bear hug.

Yeah.. That's what makes me happy! I replied as tears well up but I didn't want to ruin my makeup anymore so I pushed all my emotions down.

My phone beeped and there was text, needless to say from whom it was.

Break his heart and I might spare Becky's another leg! - S

I can't begin to describe what I was feeling at that moment. I cursed myself for letting myself care for Andrew, I cursed myself for letting him become this huge part of my life, I cursed myself for being so unlucky.

Ms Paxton, what are you doing here? Everyone is going crazy looking for you! Backstage now!!! Mr.Anderson exclaimed.

He literally shook me out of my thoughts.

Um..yes Mr.Anderson! I shuttered.

I went backstage like I was instructed. I saw Andrew and Liam at distance smiling at me brightly.

Hey guys! I said trying to keep my smile on my face.

June! Oh my god, I am so glad to see you! Liam exclaimed and hugged me.

Um..why? I asked looking confused.

What do you mean by 'Why? ' He asked acting innocently.

I thought you ditched us in the last minute! He said with a smirk.

That was followed by a punch from Andrew, signalling him to stop. But Liam wasn't taking the hint. Although I can say this, I was really tempted to do what Liam suggested, well it was more like suspicion.

I wouldn't miss it for the world! I said suddenly looking at Andrew.

I don't even know why I said that. I an outta control here!

Alright, I leave you in your partner's hands! Good luck! Liam said with a smirk and left us alone.

Nervous? Andrew asked eyeing me closely.

Um..no actually! I said shaking my head.

Thanks to you! I added with a smile.

June? He called as his gaze was fixed to me, he caught my hand.

What was he doing?

Yes? I wanted him to say something, but even I wasn't sure what I wanted to hear.

I felt something on in my palms, what was that? A note? I quickly glanced at the note.

Meet me at the rooftop after the performance! - A

My heart pacing as I read the note. Why did he want to meet me? Did he have something to tell me? So many questions filled my head.

"And now the most awaited performance of the day is here" We heard an announcement.

I think we should go to on-stage! He said suddenly offering his hand.

Um.Yeah, Okay! I shuttered again and took his hand.

We went on stage along with others. We started out like the usual and thus started the longest five minutes of my life. The music started playing and there was a loud cheer from the audience. We danced exactly as we practised. My eyes never left Andrew's during the performance but it was different this time. His eyes reflected every memory I had with him. Thinking about that note terrified me, what was he gonna tell me? Every time I tried to avoid thinking about that stuff, every time I tried to push my feelings down harder, they came up overflowing. Then the thing I was dreading from the beginning happened. I forgot my steps. I looked at Andrew and I just stopped dancing. I realized nothing really mattered anymore. I was leaving him forever I mean what could be worse than that?

June, what are you doing? Andrew whispered.

I-I. Um, it. It doesn't matter now! I shuttered.

What? He yelled at first but then he reduced his voice.

Andrew. I am so sorry! I never wanted this to happen! I said cupping his face in my hands.

He was looking at me as if he had seen a ghost. But then he shook his head and returned back to reality.

Take my lead, no one will notice anything! He whispered again.

I don't care about anyone, anymore! I said trying to smile.

June. Just stay with me! Okay? He said and tried to do some damage control.

After a few seconds of struggling, we did make it to normal and continued dancing till the music stopped. The music stopped and the crowd was going insane. Well, I thought we were to face the wrath of the crowded auditorium in the form of tomatoes and eggs. But we didn't. We made an elegant bow to the audience and the screen dropped. As soon as I was free from Andrew's iron grip, I ran. Yes, I ran like hell. I can't believe it, I did that. I was doing all kinds of crazy drunk stuff without even getting drunk. Andrew was surprised. Okay more like shocked by that little stunt. Why did I react like that, maybe I was terrified to face Mr Anderson? Alright fine, who am I kidding? I ran away from Andrew because I didn't wanna tell him, I was moving to NYC. Maybe this whole thing was designed to fall apart. Yeah, that may be true with my luck.

Wait..! I heard a firm voice behind me.

I know hoping to run away from my problems wasn't right when I recognized that voice.

What? I asked slowly turning towards him.

What the hell was that? he asked looking annoyed but with a hint of genuine concern.

I- I gotta go! I muttered and started walking.

Don't you dare turn away when I am talking to you! He said sternly.

Andrew, please. What do you want? I asked looking tired.

Why are you running away from me? And don't say you are not because you literally ran away from me a few minutes back! And don't think I don't notice stuff, lately, you are acting weird around me, you have been distant! It's like you are avoiding me purposefully! He said looking serious.

That was followed by a more uncomfortable silence, I didn't know what to tell him.

Tell me what is going on? He asked looking into my eyes.

'Andrew, I love you! ' why can't you tell him that? What's difficult in telling the truth? The tiny voice whispered.

That tiny voice was consistent but this time it was right.

Andrew. I -I I started.

Wait. NO..what am I doing?

I..um. I am moving to New York after my final exams! I finished in a rush.

He was looking at me expressionlessly. I again saw that same vacant look in his eyes, when he told me about his engagement.

Oh.. That's great news! He finally spoke and forcing himself to smile.

I wanted to give him a reasonable explanation.

I know this everything so sudden! I said looking at him.

Yes, it is! Why are you moving to? He asked suddenly.

I am going to do an internship for a magazine! I replied politely.

Okay.. That's really cool, June it is really! But why do you have to move? He asked looking slightly hurt.

I just said the reason! I said looking confused.

Can't you get some job here? He asked looking terrified.

Why will I reject this job? I asked swiftly.

What?!?! He shuttered.

How can you leave this place? How can you leave everything here, your friends, me!? How!?! H-How can you leave me? He asked cupping my face in his hands.

I-I don't know why you are acting like this? I said avoiding his gaze on me.

Why does even this bother you? I asked swiftly.

As soon as I asked that, his face changed crimson with anger. He turned furious.

Wh-What? Why does this bother me? You should know that because you are the one who preferred to run away from me than to tell me the truth! He snapped.

His words hit me like knives. He was right, I was running away from the truth.

I should go! I said turning away from him.

Yeah, you should do that! You have gotten good at running away! He snapped again.

His words made me angry.

You think this is easy for me!? I screamed.

Why else will you be leaving? He asked coldly.

I -I.. Never mind, you wouldn't understand anyway! I snapped at him.

Try me? He asked again.

Well..taking this job can make many people I care about happy! I said slowly.

What about you? Will you be happy? He asked with an intense look.

Yes! I replied instantly regretted after seeing his reaction.

Then there is no point in talking about this anymore! He said looking disappointed and walked away.

--------------------------------------

Andrew's P.o.v

I was furious after talking to June, she was driving me crazy. I didn't want her to move to New York. Isn't that obvious? She was a total mood killer, I wanted to surprise her in the rooftop and tell her, how I fell about her. But instead, we were fighting. How can she do this to me? Okay, she can't be blamed entirely, I didn't tell her everything too but nevertheless she was talking about moving.

Why are you here? Liam asked with widened eyes.

Uh. I can explain! I replied instantly realizing I was in trouble.

You better! He threw a glare.

Liam was the one who helped me with that surprise rooftop plan now that I was still in the auditorium he was throwing stony glares at me.

June is moving to New York! I exclaimed.

Oh.. But that doesn't explain why you are here? he asked casually.

She was driving me nuts, I didn't have a choice! I replied coldly.

You were going to propose but instead, you got into a fight? He asked looking amused.

It's not really funny! I spoke with gritted teeth.

I know, but you know, you have to go back and finish your conversation right? He asked looking slightly worried.

Okay about the proposal, I was going to confess my feelings for her and ask her to come with me to the UK. I even talked to a business school for her internship in journalism. But when she asked why does it bother me if she goes anywhere? I was really angry, more like hurt maybe that why I stormed off that place.

Yeah, I do! I replied with a smile.

I pulled out my phone and called her. Surprisingly she picked up.

June? I called.

Yea? She replied as I heard her voice a small smile appeared on my face, okay at least she wasn't so mad.

I am sorry I snapped! I apologized immediately.

It's okay. I am sorry too! She said but she sounded miserable.

I want to talk to you, can you meet me up in the rooftop!? I asked feeling slightly hesitant thinking would she even agree?

Um..sure! I'll meet you in 5 minutes! She said.

Okay great! I replied instantly.

Okay, that's like a half win right? I convinced her to come! I was jumping in joy after hearing that it's not figuratively, it's literally.

Just when I was about to go to the rooftop, my phone rang again. I was surprised to see, it was my mom.

Mom? I asked with surprise.

Drew. Ah finally! I am so happy to hear your voice, I have missed you a lot! She exclaimed.

I missed you too! I said with a small smile.

So I have an important announcement for you after your exams you will return to England and we will have a small engagement party and then you will be married in a year or whenever you like! how does that sound my dear? She asked leaving me in shock.

Actually. I started.

Hush now! Dear. I want to know everything about my future daughter-in-law! So where did you take her? I know She is a sweetheart but do you like her? She asked curiously.

Mother. What are you talking about? I asked with confusion.

I know everything, your father said Sharon was in LA to see you! So don't pretend like you have heard this for the first time! She teased.

I was shocked by that, but I didn't want to destroy my mom's house of illusion so I agreed with her.

Oh is that so? well, you got me, Yeah..she is definitely something, she is crazy but lovely, She makes me smile and get this she is a fine dancer, she gets the humor and I think she is perfect for our family! I said looking at a picture of me with June and suddenly a small smile appeared on my face.

Oh, honey. I am so happy for you! She exclaimed with joy.

Mom. I started.

I can't believe you are in love! She said with a chuckle.

I was caught off guard there but then again she was right.

I can't too! I said with a smile.

Can I ask you something? I asked her.

Anything, my darling! She replied as sweet as a melon.

How did you know you were in love with dad? I asked slowly.

Well, those were the old days and my marriage was an arranged marriage! I met your dad on the day of my engagement party, we never even got to speak in private. But I knew my parents knew he was good for me, so I agreed to marry him! She said reminiscing.

Oh.. I understand! I replied instantly.

The story is not over Andrew! She said suddenly.

Go on! I said with excitement.

Your father was a very rigid man but he always makes a lot of sacrifices for me and for our family. Believe it or not, he was a very into golf, he had a really important match that he had to attend but he stayed home with me when I got sick and took care of me, till I got better and at that moment I loved him. When I realized he thew all his happiness away for the sake of me, I realized that was love! She said as I was listening to her patients on the other end.

So be happy if she is happy!?!? I asked instantly.

Will you be happy if she feels terrible? She asked.

No! I exclaimed.

Then I guess you have an answer! She said with a small chuckle.

Alright. I have gotta go now! Lots to do for your engagement, I have plans with the florist and the caterers! She said with excitement, she sounded cheerful.

Have fun mom! Bye! I replied smiling.

Bye sweetheart and take care of yourself! She said and hung up the phone.

Smiling at the thought of her, I walked towards the rooftop, those flights of stairs were like a journey towards something really special for me. I reached the door. I stood there hesitant to open that door for a second or two but then I swung open the door.

I saw June standing there looking gorgeous like aways.

--------------------------------

A/N I will try to complete the book real soon :) And don't worry there is gonna be a sequel for Something Good for sure. It will be called 'Our Stars Aligned' so express your thoughts on that?  Waiting for your reviews.  Xoxo

PS: Sorry for the late update :(

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

22.3K 1.3K 50
June Jackson never expected much from her life. She loved her family and she loved singing. She survived her battle with cancer, and was ready to liv...
186K 6.4K 62
A story of two people who just hate eachother but destiny have some other plans for them Let's see what happened between them will they unite or fal...
5K 110 23
The sequel and follow up to "You Feel Like a Dream". Where will Tom and Harlow's dream that has now become their reality, take them to? Traveling th...
5.9K 32 40
What will happen if you find yourself in love with your best friend's boyfriend. And worse, what if he feels the same? Are you going to do what you...