The Family Business [Supernat...

By katherinep97

The Little Winchester Sister - First Book: Scarlett Winchester is Dean and Sam's half little sister. When she... More

1.1 Pilot
1.2 Searching
1.3 Constance
2.1 Wendigo
2.2 Shadow
2.3 Killing The Wendigo
3.1 Dead in the Water
3.2 It's The Same
3.3 It's Peter
4.1 Phantom Traveler
4.2 40 Minutes
5.1 Bloody Mary
5.2 Charlie
5.3 Stay Here
6.1 Skin
6.2 Our Kind Of A Problem
6.3 'Dean'
6.4 Stay Out Of The Sewers
7.1 Hook Man
7.2 The Hook Man Legend
7.3 Hook
8.1 Bugs
8.2 Beetles
8.3 Matt
8.4 Skulls
8.5 Goodbye
9.1 Home
9.2 Missouri
9.3 More Than One
9.4 Mary
10.1 Asylum
10.2 Kat
10.3 Finding Gavin
10.4 Finally Outside
11.1 Scarecrow
11.2 Tattoo
11.3 Doing It Wrong
11.4 Do It Together
12.1 Faith
12.2 Elastic Heart
12.3 A Reaper
12.4 The Cross
12.5 Hell Of A Week
13.1 Route 666
13.2 The Same Truck
13.3 The Church
14.1 Nightmare
14.2 Max
14.3 Abuse
14.4 The Chosen?
15.1 The Benders
15.2 Taken
15.3 Hunt
16.1 Shadow
16.2 Dark Shadow
16.3 An Old Friend?
17.1 Hell House
17.2 Ed And Harry
17.3 An Idea
17.4 A New Story
18.1 Something Wicked
18.2 Memories
18.3 The True
18.4 Something Good
19.1 Provenance
19.2 Not Gone Yet
19.3 Truth
19.4 The Doll
20.1 Dead Man's Blood
20.2 Finding the Colt
20.3 Stronger As A Family
21.1 Salvation
21.2 Awake And Alive
21.3 Highway to Hell
22.1 Devil's Trap
22.2 Ride Out
22.3 Blood, Sweat and Tears
SEQUEL

4.3 Let's Fly

6.5K 151 9
By katherinep97

Dean, Sam and I rushed into the airport and checked the Departure board. Sam pointed at the middle screen. "Right there. They're boarding in thirty minutes," He informed. "Okay. We still have some cards to play. We need to find a phone," Dean said. We found a courtesy phone and Dean picked it up. "Hi. Gate thirteen," Dean said. "I'm trying to contact an Amanda Walker. She's a flight attendant on flight, um . . . flight 4-2-4."

Sam and I looked around. "Come on. Miss Walker. Hi, this is Dr. James Hetfield from St. Francis Memorial Hospital. We have a Karen Walker here. Nothing serious, just a minor car accident, but she was injured, so --" Dean said. He was quiet for a moment, "You what?"

I frowned. "Uh, well . . . there must be some mistake," Dean said. Sam and I tried to hear what's going on. "Guilty as charged," Dean said with a little chuckled.

"He's really sorry," He said. "Well, you tell him to mind his own business and stay out of my life, okay?" I heard Amanda's voice a little. "Yes, but . . . he really needs to see you tonight, so --" He said. 

"No, I'm sorry. It's too late," Amanda said. "Don't be like that. Come on. The guy's a mess. Really. It's pathetic," Dean said with a smile. "Oh, yeah . . . No, no. Wait, Amanda. Amanda!" He put the phone back. "Damn it! So close," He said.

'Thank you for flying United Britannia Airlines.'

"All right, it's time for plan B. We're getting on that plane," I said. Sam nodded in agreement but Dean's eyes grow wide. "Whoa, whoa, now just hold on a second," He said. "Dean, that plane is leaving with over a hundred passengers on board, and if we're right, that plane is gonna crash," Sam said.

"I know," Dean said. "Okay. So we're getting on the plane, we need to find that demon and exorcise it. I'll get the tickets. You and Scar get whatever you can out of the trunk. Whatever that will make it through the security. Meet me back here in five minutes," Sam said. I nodded in agreement but Dean just looked at Sam and me anxiously.

"Are you okay?" I asked. "No, not really," Dean replied. "What? What's wrong?" Sam asked. "Well, I kind of have this problem with, uh . . ." Dean said. "Flying?" Sam asked. "It's never really been an issue until now," Dean said. "You're joking, right?" Sam asked. "Do I look like I'm joking? Why do you think I drive everywhere, Sam?" Dean said.

"All right. Uh . . . Sam and I'll go," I said. "What?" Dean asked. "We'll do this one on our own," Sam said. "What are you both, nuts? Sam, you said it yourself, the plane's gonna crash," Dean said. "Dean, we can do it the three of us, or Scar and I can do this one by ourselves. I'm not seeing a third option, here," Sam said. "Come on! Really? Man . . ." Dean said.

Me and my brothers got on the plane. We were sitting down on our seats as the intercom spoke. Sam and I looked over at Dean, who was sitting next to Sam. He was anxiously reading the safety card. "Just try to relax," Sam told him. "Just try to shut up," Dean snapped. Sam chuckled a little while I smiled a little. The plane took off and Dean still looked anxiously. Sam and I looked at each other and smirked.

It's was a few minutes after we took off. I looked over at Dean and saw he humming to himself. Sam looked over as well and frowned. "You're humming Metallica?" I asked quietly. "Calms me down," Dean replied quietly. Sam let out a sigh, "Look, man, I get you're nervous, all right? But you got to stay focused. I mean, we got 32 minutes and counting to track this thing down, or whoever it's possessing, anyway, and perform a full-on exorcism," He said quietly.

"Yeah, on a crowded plane. That's gonna be easy," Dean said sarcastically. "Just take it one step at a time, all right? Now, who is it possessing?" I asked quietly. "It's usually gonna be somebody with some sort of weakness, you know, a chink in the armor that the demon can worm through. Somebody with an addiction or some sort of emotional distress," Dean said quietly.

"Well, this is Amanda's first flight after the crash. If I were her, I'd be pretty messed up," Sam said quietly. "Mm-hm," Dean said as he nodded before he turned to a Flight Attendant. "Excuse me. Are you Amanda?"

She shook her head. "No, I'm not," She said. "Oh, my mistake," Dean said with a smile. She smiled back and walked away. Dean looked at the back of the plane and then back at me and Sam. "All right, well, that's got to be Amanda back there, so I'll go talk to her, and, uh, I'll get a read on her mental state," Dean said quietly.

"What if she's already possessed?" I asked quietly. "There's ways to test that," Dean said quietly. Dean got into his bag and comes out with a bottle of water. "I brought holy water."

"No," Sam said as he snatched the bottle and tucked it inside his hoodie. "I think we can go more subtle. If she's possessed, she'll flinch at the name of God," I said quietly. "Oh. Nice," Dean said and he got up and turned to go.

"Hey," Sam said quietly. Dean leaned over. "What?" He asked quietly. "Say it in Latin," Sam said quietly. "I know," Dean said quietly and turned to go. "Okay. Hey!" Sam said quietly. Dean leaned over again. "What?!" He asked quietly. "Uh, in Latin, it's "Christo"," Sam said quietly. "Dude, I know! I'm not an idiot!" Dean said and he walked to the back of the plane.

A few minutes later, Dean come back and sat down on his seat. "All right, well, she's got to be the most well-adjusted person on the planet," Dean said sarcastically. "You said "Christo"?" Sam asked quietly. "Yeah," Dean said quietly. "And?" Sam asked quietly. "There's no demon in her. There's no demon getting in her," Dean said quietly. "So, if it's on the plane, it can be anyone. Anywhere," I said quietly.

The plane shook and Dean grabbed the arms on his seat. "Come on. That can't be normal," He said. "Hey, hey, it's just a little turbulence," Sam said. "Sam, this plane is going to crash, okay? So quit treating me like I'm friggin' four," Dean said quietly. "You need to calm down," Sam said quietly. "Well, I'm sorry I can't," Dean said quietly. "Yes, you can," Sam said quietly.

"Dude, stow the touchy-feely, self-help yoga crap, it's not helping," Dean said quietly. "Listen, if you're panicked, you're wide open to demonic possession, so you need to calm yourself down. Right now," I informed quietly. "Take slow breaths." Dean took a long, slow breath just like I said. "Good. Now, we found an exorcism in here that I think is gonna work. The Rituale Romanum," Sam said quietly.

"What do we have to do?" Dean asked. "It's two parts. The first part expels the demon from the victim's body. It makes it manifest, which actually makes it more powerful," Sam said quietly. "More powerful?" Dean asked quietly. "Yeah," Sam said quietly as he handed me the paper. "How?" Dean asked quietly.

"Well, it doesn't need to possess someone anymore. It can just wreak havoc on its own," I replied quietly. "Oh. And why is that a good thing?" Dean asked quietly. "Well, because the second part sends the bastard back to hell once and for all," Sam said quietly. "First things first, we got to find it," Dean said.

I went with Sam while Dean went to the other part of the plane. Sam and I walked back over to Dean to see he was using his EMF meter. Sam clapped Dean on his shoulder, and he jumped. "Don't do that," Dean said.

"Anything?" Sam asked. "No, nothing. How much time we got?" Dean asked. "Fifteen minutes," Sam replied. "Maybe we missed somebody," I said. "Maybe the thing's just not on the plane," Dean said. "You believe that?" Sam asked. "Well, I will if you will," Dean said.

Dean looked down as the EMF meter. "What? What is it?" I asked. Dean swallowed, "Christo," He whispered. I saw the Copilot turned slowly; his eyes were black. He walked into the cockpit. Me and my brothers looked at each other.

We then headed to the back of the plane towards Amanda. Dean went to tell her about what was happening, even though Sam and I objected. "She's not gonna believe this," Sam said. "Twelve minutes, dude," Dean said. We got to her and she turned to us. "Oh, hi. Flight's not too bumpy for you, I hope," Amanda said to Dean. "Actually, that's kind of what we need to talk to you about," Dean said as I closed the curtain.

"Um, okay. What can I do for you?" Amanda asked with a smile. "All right, this is gonna sound nuts, but we just don't have time for the whole "the truth is out there" speech right now," Dean said. "All right, look, we know you were on flight 2485," Sam said. Amanda's smile disappeared. "Who are you guys?" She asked. "Now, we've spoken to some of the other survivors. We know something brought down that plane and it wasn't a mechanical failure," Sam said.

"And we need your help because we need to stop it from happening again. Here. Now," Dean said. "I'm sorry, I -- I'm very busy. I have to go back --" Amanda said and she tried to pass us but Dean stopped her. "Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. Wait a second. I'm not gonna hurt you, okay? But listen to me, uh . . . The pilot in 2485, Chuck Lambert. He's dead," He said. "Wait. What? What, Chuck is dead?" She asked.

"He died in a plane crash. Now, that's two plane crashes in two months. That doesn't strike you as strange?" Dean asked. "I --" Amanda didn't know what to say. "Look, there was something wrong with 2485. Now maybe you sensed it, maybe you didn't. But there's something wrong with this flight, too," I said. "Amanda, you have to believe us," Dean said. "On . . . on 2485, there was this man. He . . . had these eyes," Amanda said.

"Yes. That's exactly what we're talking about," Sam said. "I don't understand, what are you asking me to do?" Amanda asked. "The copilot, we need you to bring him back here," I said. "Why? What does he have to do with anything?" Amanda asked. "Don't have time to explain. We just need to talk to him. Okay?" Dean asked. Amanda shook her head, "How am I supposed to go in the cockpit and get the copilot --"

"Do whatever it takes," Sam cut her off. "Tell him there's something broken back here, whatever will get him out of that cockpit."

"Do you know that I could lose my job if you --"

"Okay, well you're gonna lose a lot more if you don't help us out," Dean cut her off. I saw she was hesitated. "Okay," She agreed. She left and got to the cockpit. She knocked on the door and said something inaudible to the copilot, who followed her back. Sam pulled out the holy water and he handed it to me. I pulled out Dad's journal and handed it to Sam and he opened it.

The copilot walked in. "Yeah, what's the problem?" He asked. Dean punched him in the face, knocking him down. Amanda closed the closed the curtain as Dean pined the copilot down and I put duct tape over his mouth. "Wait. What are you doing? You said you were just gonna talk to him," Amanda said.

"We are gonna talk to him," I said. I splashed holy water on his skin, which sizzles. "Oh, my god. What's wrong with him?" Amanda asked. "Look. We need you calm. We need you outside the curtain," Sam said. "Well, I don't underst -- I don't know --" Amanda said. "Don't let anybody in, okay? Can you do that? Can you do that? Amanda?" Sam asked. "Okay. Okay," She said and left.

"Hurry up, Sam. I don't know how much longer I can hold him," Dean said. "Regna terrae, cantate Deo, psallite Domino --" Sam read in Latin. The Demon breaked free briefly and hit us until Dean and I managed to subdue him again. Sam picked up where he left off.

The Demon knocked me and Dean off again and pulled the tape off his mouth. He grabbed Sam by the collar. "I know what happened to your girlfriend! She must have died screaming! Even now, she's burning!"

Dean recovered and hit the Demon as Sam sat there, stunned. "Sam!" I said. Sam recovered and began reading again. He put the book down and helped me and Dean pin down the Demon. The Demon exited the copilot's body and disappeared into a vent. "Where'd it go?" Sam asked. "It's in the plane. Hurry up. We got to finish it," Dean said.

Suddenly, the plane dips and heaves violently. Sam and Dean were against the exit door. And I saw the book and managed to grab it. I've never done this before but it's up to me now. I read the rest of the exorcism. A bright electrical charge runs through the entire plane, which then levels out. I hared some people ask if everyone's okay. I saw Amanda sighed in relief. Sam and Dean come out from the curtain. Sam walked over and pulled me up to my feet. He pulled me to a hug and I wrapped my arms around him as I sighed in relief, glad that it was over.

The plane landed safely and we all came inside the airport. The passengers from the flight were disembarking to an area milling with uniformed agents. The copilot was seated in a wheelchair with a blanket wrapped around him, being questioned by an agent. Amanda was being questioned by another agent. "Anything else?" He asked. "No, that's all," Amanda said. Then she saw me and my brothers standing across the way and she mouths "Thank you." We nodded.

"Let's get out of here," Dean said and we headed for the exit. I looked up at Sam, who looked upset. "You okay?" I asked. Sam stopped and looked at me and Dean. "Guys, it knew about Jessica," He said. "Sam, these things, they, they read minds. They lie. All right? That's all it was," Dean said. 

"Yeah," Sam said. "Come on," Dean said and we started to walk again. Dean then looked at me. "You did good," He said. I smirked up at him, "Better than you," I said to him. Sam laughed and Dean rolled his eyes, and ruffled my hair.

...................................

It was morning when we got back to Jerry. Me and Dean were leaned against the Impala. "Nobody knows what you guys did, but I do. A lot of people could have been killed," Jerry said. He hold his hand to Sam. Sam shook his hand. "Your Dad's gonna be real proud," Jerry said as he shook hands with Dean and then with me. "We'll see you around, Jerry," I said. Dean walked to his side and then stopped. "You know, Jerry," Dean started.

Jerry stopped and turned to us, "Yeah," He said. "I meant to ask you, how did you get my cellphone number, anyway? I've only had it for like six months," Dean said. "Your Dad gave it to me," Jerry replied.

My eyes grow wide. "What?" Sam asked. "When did you talk to him?" Dean asked. "I mean, I didn't exactly talk to him, but I called his number. His voice message said to give you a call. Thanks again, guys," Jerry said and left. The three of us looked at each other before climbing in the car.

...................

After a while on the road, Dean stopped the car. We got out. I saw a plane with a red maple leaf on the tail flies overhead us. We leaned on the car's trunk. "This doesn't make any sense, man. I've called Dad's number like fifty times. It's been out of service," Sam said as Dean dialed Dad's number. Then He put it on speaker so me and Sam will hear.

'This is John Winchester. I can't be reached. If this is an emergency, call my older son, Dean. 785-555-0179. He can help.'

Dean closed his phone as Sam, without a word, climbed in the car. I followed and then Dean. We drove off.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

185K 4.7K 93
John Winchester, hunter, protector, father. When he goes missing while on a job, Maddison, Sam, and Dean are forced to pick up the pieces and carry o...
16K 834 44
Maddison Winchester is the last of the Winchesters to be involved in the family business. What will Maddison do now that Cass and Dean have disappear...
120K 2.1K 63
The Winchester brothers have a younger sister same father not mother. Her name is Arabella, she's only 13 and is already getting dragged into the bus...
158K 3K 25
The Winchester's have a little sister by the name of Christina Mary Winchester, she's four. There's no where for her to go, so she tags along on thei...