aether reigns | bts

By parapraxis

what if the only reason we can't walk through mirrors is because our reflection blocks us; because they know... More

one | selene

two | luna

481 50 25
By parapraxis

{ point of view | luna e'clare }

I've probably been staring at the ceiling for an hour before Knight's voice echoed throughout the room. A sigh escaped my lips as I pressed the snooze button on my sister's phone. I trudged toward the bathroom as I massaged my throbbing head from the lack of a good night's sleep. By the time Knight's voice cut through the silence in the air again, and my sister started mumbling the lyrics of the song, I'm already done with my morning rituals. I stopped the alarm.

"Kniiiiight!" Selene whined as she poked her arm out of her blankets and aimlessly search for her phone to play another song, "Knight, why did you stop singing?"

I allowed myself a small smile as my twin's forehead creased. "Sis, wake up!" I shook her arm. "You can continue listening to Knight and sing a duet with him in the bathroom."

"Huh? No, I think I'll cancel my date with him and just marry my bed," she grumbled while hugging one of her pillows closer. "Tell him, it's just for today, or for five minutes. We both know as heck I couldn't possibly trade in a Knight freaking Atlas for a pillow."

"We have somewhere to go today, remember? We've got tickets—"

"Not for my baby Knight's concert!" she peeked at me from beneath the covers, as if telling me to buy the tickets or she'll seriously marry her bed.

"Well," I shook my head, a smile in my lips. "I'll go down and tell the love of your life that you're marrying your bed." And by that, I meant the posters of the love of her life she protested against Lance just so she could paste them on the walls of his house.

"What?!" She shot up from her bed heading straight to the bathroom.

I laughed a little at her morning antics as I went down the stairs. A sizzling sound spiked up all my nerves and I raced down to the kitchen and stopped.

"Ow! Shit!" He glared at the knife while holding his wounded finger. Then the sizzling sound caught his attention, and he messed his already messy morning hair. "Fuck!"

"I think you've already cursed too much," I laughed when Lance's jaw fell and his cheeks burned and he innocently tried to put the pan in the sink. I scanned the mess, the table is littered with bags of groceries and vegetables. The gray smoke coming from the sink caught my eyes, and my blood run cold. A restrained feeling is trying to break free within me, and I remembered the dream I had.

"Are you okay, Skye?"

"Huh?" I looked at the place where the voice came from, and I realized that Lance was already standing in front of me. His hair is tousled up, his eyes filled with worry, and then, I laughed as his frown deepened. I tried to clear my throat but I can't help but chuckle as I say, "Yes, I just think we need some kitchen cleaning before I can cook. By the way, the pink apron looks good on you."

"I know it's your house, but I think we should ban you from the kitchen," Selene said from the back seat. "It's for the future of the human kind."

"Future of the human kind?" Lance snorted.

I saw something familiar from afar as Lance turned the car in the intersection. When I finally placed where I saw it, I know I probably made the wrong decision about going to the museum. It's too much of a coincidence.

"Sis, we're here! What have you been staring at?" she gasped, "did you change your mind?" She leaned closer to me. "Don't worry, we'll find a new place."

I looked at her, raising an eyebrow. I almost thought that she read my mind.

"You once told me that you wanted a husband who can cook like a world class chef, and that guy," she pointed at Lance who's walking towards my side, "can't even cook to save his life."

"What are you saying, little sis?" Lance said as he opened the passenger door.

"Nothing! Just kept insisting that you're banned from the kitchen," Selene exclaimed before she hopped off.

Lance looked at me questioningly, and I just shrugged.

"Lancelot!" His uncle called out, "Hello, girls! You chose the right time to come here, we just set up this new collection in the west wing. You should go and take a look at it. I'll just talk to Lance for a while."

I waved at Lance before Selene whisked me away.

  ☯

"And here we have the Reconstruction Era," the tour guide said as he directed us along the halls and discuss each photo of newspapers and people's portraits. He kept checking his hands and I believe he has cheat notes scribbled on his palms. He continued, "In the context of the history of the United States, it has two senses: the first covers the complete history of the entire country from 1865 to 1871 following the Civil War; the second sense focuses on--"

I raised my hand.

"U-Uh, yes, miss?" He asked, confused.

"1877," I corrected him, maintaining a blank expression on my face.

"Pardon?" He raised his eyebrows.

"You got the dates wrong," I pointed out. He immediately checked his palm and realized that the ink must've smudged and ruined his writings. I sighed, "The first sense covers the complete history of the US from 1865 to 1877. The second is the transformation of the country from 1863 to 1877, as directed by Congress, with the reconstruction of state and society."

Lance whistled, amused, "Here comes WikiLuna." He even nudged Selene who was already zoning out.

I stepped up and pointed at the portraits, "From 1863 to 1865, Presidents Abraham Lincoln and Andrew Johnson both took moderate positions designed to bring the South back to normal as quickly as possible, while the--"

"Whoa, there, walking history textbook disguised as my sister," Selene suddenly came up with a forced smile plastered upon her face before she whispered, "You should  probably keep your inner history geek to yourself or else the poor guy could lose his job."

"Oh," I paused, processing what she said and realizing that everyone in the group has been staring at me, jaw-dropped, "Right. I'm sorry."

"We'll just stray from the tour and just look around the place ourselves, thank you," Lance coolly excused the three of us from the group.

"Nice, job, guys," Selene happily jumped around with a thumb's up. She, then, removed a pair of earphones she was hiding under her hair.

"You were listening to music?!" I exclaimed.

"Well, I was bored," she shrugged, "Plus, Knight Atlas and his band just released this new album last night! I just downloaded it from iTunes! Errbody say la la la la la~ soneul deureo sorijilleo drown it do-o-o-o-own~" She paused before adding seriously, "It's drowning down in here." Then she danced like a crab going backwards while she sang, "Waterrrrr~ Oh~ Waterrrrr~ Meow! Ow! Ow!~"

What kind of song is that?!

  ☯

author's note:

this chap is written by MacRhainiumx_x
while yesternights added a few shit lol

pls tell us what you think.
the interesting part would probably
be in the next chap haha sorry if the
water song joke is horrible i cri lol

© parapraxis

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

107M 2.3M 100
Now published under Pop Fiction, an imprint of Summit Books. P195, Taglish Part 1 Theirs is a story that started all wrong. Naglayas si Gail sa bahay...
7.2K 496 16
Yndrah Alaianth Xanther- a respected professor and successful doctor in medicine. Known for her sharp mind and distant manner. Her cold demeanor echo...
36K 1.2K 98
Classmates turns to Lovers. "I will always love you, FOREVER"
11.4K 1.7K 45
true love is just around the bend but lovers find it hard to get one...