Blown Through The Rift (Gaste...

By BanthaBug

You were working with Alphys in the lab in Undertale when chaos strikes! In a freak accident, concentrated de... More

-Prologue-
~Chapter 1~
~Chapter 2~
~Chapter 3~
~Chapter 5~
~Chapter 6~
~Chapter 7~
~Chapter 8~
~Chapter 9~
~Chapter 10~
~Chapter 11~
(A/N)
~Chapter 12~
(A/N)
~Chapter 13~
~Chapter 14~
~Chapter 15~
~Chapter 16~
~Chapter 17~
~Chapter 18~
Author's Note
Author's Note Pt 2
~Chapter 19~
~Chapter 20~
~Chapter 21~
~Chapter 22~
~Chapter 23~
~Chapter 24~
~Chapter 25~
Author's Note
A/N
~Chapter 26~
~Chapter 27~
Author's Note

~Chapter 4~

10K 425 729
By BanthaBug

"So in summary, I grew up on the surface... Nothing special about. I had both a mom and dad, two younger sibling brother and sister. The two were twins. Inseparable. I was always smarter than the kids in my grade. Skipped two grades. Bit of bullying but nothing I couldn't handle. Up until Frisk released the monsters, I thought the monsters were myths. I heard about the advancements in science down here, thought it was better than what they got on the surface, and came down here. I was lucky Alphys picked me. I got in with Alphys and the gang and that's my life. I visit my family on occasion but I found a place in Waterfalls to settle." You said.

Frisk seemed happy with your tale. "Wow (Y/N), you had it made. Smart, beautiful, good friends, amazing job. It sucks you got pulled into this mess." Frisk mused.

"It is quite unfortunate. I give you my word, we'll help you get back to your universe as quick as possible." G Paps reassured.

"That's if Undyne doesn't kill me first." You joked.

"If I can pull off what your Papyrus did, she won't have the heart to."

You smiled. As you looked at him, an image of your Papyrus flashed over him. It left you feeling disoriented. G Paps seemed to notice.

"(Y/N), may I ask about your Papyrus? It's been so long since I've seen that part of me."

You laughed quietly. "Well, back home Papyrus is so.. so ecstatic. He's like an overgrown child... But in a good way. He's always so helpful and nice. His cooking sucks but he's so enthusiastic about everything. The first time I met him, he thought I was trying to date him because I had an extra layer of clothing. It's hard not to smile around him. He's kinda like a brother to me, to everyone.
That's sorta the reason I can't bring myself to call you Papyrus. It's not that I don't like you... but you're just too different. Where Papyrus is loud and always bouncing with energy, you're so calm and collected constantly. But you're still such a gentle man too. You're great company but in a different way. Much better than this universe's Sans."

Papyrus sighed. "Sans doesn't always act like that. I promise. You both just started on the wrong foot."

"Heh, with me first impression means a hella lot more than what happens next. Being almost killed after first glance doesn't exactly mean a promising relationship."

You rested the back of your head on the couch. "I don't see how a short, well humored, forever smiling and likable skeleton can combine with a likable, smart, and sensible skeleton to create a tall, selfish, ignorant, cheeky bastard of asshole! It's like he thinks he's some higher power because he got more attractive!"

Frisk giggled quietly and G Paps snickered. "What?" You asked innocently.

"You didn't hear your own words did you?" Frisk said.

"What'd I say? Cause all I said was he's a self absorbed bastard."

"You also said he was attractive." G Paps said.

A deep blush painted your cheeks as you shook your head. "T-That's not what I meant!" You stuttered. "I was merely stating facts."

"Sorry (Y/N). But no matter what the situation is, whether or not someone is attractive is an opinion."

"Shut up Paps!" You yelled, covering your face.

Frisk laughed and you felt pressure against the back of the couch. The scent of leather and smoke returned.

"Aw, do ya like me sweetheart?"

"What did I say about using the proper address you smoking bag of dog shit?!" You snapped.

"Nah, I prefer my addresses."

"Call me some lovey dovey pet name again and I'll end you!"

"No you won't. From the sounds of it, you're too sweet to kill."

"You were here the whole time!"

"At least long enough to hear the summary and beyond."

"You asshole! You shouldn't listen in unannounced!"

He grinned. "Ain't like it hurt anyone."

You got to your feet surprisingly quick for someone who had several injuries. Most of your HP had replenished and the magical monster food did much to help speed up the healing, even if it wasn't much.

"Sorry, I'll be leaving." You said quickly, ignoring the pain that still remained burning.

"Watch it princess, you're still hurt." Gaster!Sans.

"Don't care! Frisk, you coming? Or at least give me the room key."

"Room key? Are you staying at the inn?" G Paps asked.

I nodded. "Yeah. New universe means starting from scratch. Don't exactly have a house to go back to."

"Well why don't you stay around here then? Waking up among friends is better than waking up alone."

"A) I couldn't stand waking up to your ugly mug.
B) I know for a fact there's only two rooms in this house.
C) I need to grab clothes from the store next to it anyway."

You walked, well limped, out without another word. Frisk stayed behind as you opened the door.

"Frisk, if there's no bed available by the time you need sleep you need to come back to the inn. You shouldn't be sleeping on the floor or the couch at such an age. It'll cause issues later on."

"Wow dove, helicopter parent much?"

You ignored Sans and instead looked hopefully at G Paps. "Paps, can I depend on you to look after Frisk for me? It'd kill me if anything happened to him while I can't help."

Paps nodded. "I'll keep a good eye on him. I swear on my own bones."

You left with a satisfied smile and made a beeline for the inn. Monsters looked at you curiously as you passed library, even more so as you cross the open path. It got easier just slightly as you went, cold numbing your raw flesh. Though the cold quickly went a bit to deep. You shivered violently with only a torn, wet t-shirt and shorts. A cold hand fell on your shoulder causing you to jump. The world fizzled out of existence and you reappeared in the hallway of the inn.

"You really shouldn't go out in such conditions sweetie. You'll freeze to death."

You looked back and saw Sans leaning against the wall. He held a cigarette in his teeth and had folded clothing in his arms. Looking at you briefly, he put the clothing in your arms.

"You left your money with the kid so he asked me to lend you some clothing. The sweater belongs to Papyrus so it'll probably go down like a dress."

"Oh, um, thank you... I guess."

Your eyes zeroed in on the cigarette in his teeth. He didn't move as you took it from his mouth. "You smoke?" He smirked.

You shook your head and threw it on the ground, stamping your foot on it. "I'd better not see you smoking around Frisk. Second hand smoke is almost as bad smoking yourself. Whether or not it affects you it can affect him."

He seemed surprised by your response.
"Sorry about that. Didn't expect it to be a problem."

"Well now you know." You said in a flat and walked the few steps remaining to your room.

As you opened the door, you turned to look at Gaster!Sans. "Make sure that Frisk eats and sleeps in a proper bed. I trust G Paps more than you but I'd like the insurance."

"Okay love."

"(Y/N). Use my name."

"Okay, (Y/N)."

"Goodnight Gaster!Sans."

He chuckled. "That's the first time you've used my name." He said cockily.

"Yeah, start using mine and it'll stay that way."

You closed the door and flopped on to the bed. The wounds seemed minuscule now, the magic of Paps' food replenishing almost all of the health you'd lost. You didn't bother changing into the clothes. Right now it would be better to change after a good rest. Without even getting under the covers, you fell asleep peacefully.
_________________________________________________________________________________
You woke to a shiver. Artificial sunlight filled the room and you sat up groggily. Knowing you wouldn't be able to sleep again with sunlight fueling you, you stood up and looked around. The clothes were still folded on the edge of the bed. And you sighed, not wanting to start yet. Your phone buzzed and you glanced at it. This Frisk had sent you a text via Papyrus' phone.

Papyrus: This is Frisk. Can you bring the Cinnabun with you when you come over? It sounds really good right now.

You laughed drowsily.

Y/N: Yeah, sure. Let me get dressed and I'll be right over.

Papyrus: Yay! You're the best (Y/N)!

Y/N: I know. ( ^ω^ )

You peeled off the clothes you had and tossed them to the trashcan. After examining the wounds, you replaced the bandages (there were some with the stuff G!Sans dropped off) and eyed the clothes. As G!Sans had said, their was an oversized, gray, turtleneck sweater and black skinny jeans.

You laughed, realizing the jeans belonged to G!Sans. You put the jeans on first. They fit incredibly well for jeans made for a skeleton. You then slipped on the sweater, only to find it went down just above your knees. The sleeves went well fast your fingertips but you rolled them up above your elbows. Grabbing the Cinnabun and the room key, you double checked for all of your belongings and left. Leaving the key with the inn keeper, you jogged to the Skelebros home.

You tapped the door lightly and waited. A few footsteps later, you were met by Paps at the door.

"Hello (Y/N)! Come in! Frisk has been waiting."

"It's been ten minutes, how impatient can a kid be?"

Paps shrugged. "You know how children can be."

You laughed. "You make it sound like I've had one of my own."

"You could sweetheart. I'm sure you'd make quite the kids." G!Sans chimed from the couch.

"Bone Boy! Don't you remember what I said last night?! About using my name?"

He shrugged. "Yeah yeah, I'm working on it."

"Lazy ass." You muttered.

A cold wind threw chill down your spine and you rushed in, slamming the door shut. Frisk was immediately at your side. You handed him the Cinnabun and he pulled it from the bag. You had to pull it away from him before he took a bite.

"You're seriously gonna eat it cold? Never! Eat a Cinnabun cold. They're best warm, but not to the point the icing runs."

Frisk raised a brow. "How do you do that?" He asked.

I grinned slyly. "Lucky you, there's a bug with the Skelebros microwave. It's just the right place for gooey non-runny joy!"

You raced to the kitchen with Frisk on your heels. Paps watched with a smile.

"Plates are-"

"In the cabinet left of the stove. I know." You chirped. "No matter the AU you always keep them their so they're easy to grab when your serving food."

You snatched a plate and placed the Cinnabun. You waltzed over to the microwave and punched in thirty-two seconds. Frisk waited impatiently at your side.

"It smells good! Why can't you take it out now?!" Frisk complained.

"Perfection requires patience." You chirped.

The microwaves beeped and you pulled out the Cinnabun. You offered the treat to Frisk and he took it happily. He bit into it and frosting came away with his bite. You wiped frosting off the corner and tasted it. "Perfection." You smiled.

Paps chuckled. "You're so particular about your treats."

You gave him a serious look. "Never fuck around with sweets. You do them right or you don't do them at all. Ask Muffet. She'll kill you three times over if you even put three specks too much salt in a recipe."

Paps chuckled and shook his head. Sans appeared next to you and you jumped back. He smirked as he took the bun a stole a bite. After considering the taste, he nodded.

"Yeah, you're right. This is much better than cold Cinnabuns."

You yanked it back and handed it to Frisk. "Don't steal from Cinnabuns from Frisk or I'll make you pay five times over."

"What are you? His mother?" G!Sans teased.

"Until Toriel comes back, yes! I'm officially his unofficial caretaker!"

Frisk hugged your leg. "Okay!" He said in a sing-song voice.

He pulled you into the living room and you spread out on the couch. G!Sans trailed in a bit later while you watched some program about a singing calculator. At least, that's what it looks like.

"Hey (Y/N), you're in my seat." He accused.

"I don't see your name on it. This couch currently belongs to me and Frisk!"

Frisk nodded and stood on the couch like a conquerer. You giggled at his look of determination. "See, he's not moving." You concluded.

Frisk flopped on to the couch and snuggled into you chest, his body positioned between your legs. Now one leg laid over the side of the couch and one spanned the entirety of it. G!Sans grabbed your ankle and lifted it enough for him to sit on the couch.

"Stubborn." You roll your eyes.

"Says the human that wanted half the couch for her leg."

"Hey, my leg look damn fabulous! They need their space so their isn't too much sexy in one place."

"God you sound like Mettaton." He grumbled.

"You mean the singing calculator?" You asked, gesturing towards the television.

He doubled over laughing. "Yes, the singing calculator."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.9K 959 34
WARNING: THIS CONTAINS HIGHLY MATURE CONTENT (BLOOD, VIOLENCE) READ AT YOUR OWN RISK Money can change a lot of things. It can even change your destin...
220K 10.4K 40
PLEASE READ BEFORE GETTING INTO THE STORY. Your name is (Y/n), and you play the role of an unusual pacifist. In the story of Horrortale, your unique...
109K 3.6K 32
The only way to the top in this world, this world born of war, born of death, the only way of ascension? ...is to become someone you don't want to be...
6.4K 118 26
A surface AU I made up myself! Summary: You lived your boring life as always until monsters finally reached the surface and spiced things up. You ga...