His Prisoner

By Lixxyy19

Jack Morgan has been a friend of my parents for years. That is until they died when I was fifteen. Jack took... More

Prologue
His Beautiful Eyes [1]
Hormones My Arse! [2]
This Is My House [3]
The Wolf [4]
Heartbeat [5]
Chase The Giant [7]
The Button Problem [8]
Strangers That Care [9]
Teaching Him A Lesson [10]
To A New Start [11]
Looking Into The Past [12]
Playful Mornings [13]
Eliot's Surprise [14]
The Drunken Truth [15]
Werewolves Are Real [16]
I Can Live With It [17]
Love And Heartbreak [18]
Author's Apologies
Revelations [19]
The Truth Hurts [20]
Getting Back To Normal [21]
You're The Wolf [22]
Girl Or Boy? [23]
The Note [24]
Where We Stand [25]
Meeting The Family [26]
Motherly Love [27]
20-Week Scan [28]
His Devastation [29]
Her Devastation [30]
I'm Leaving [31]
Jack Is Back [32]
He Has A Mate?! [33]
Missing Meredith [34]
Now A Rogue [35]
Sarah Adams In The Flesh [36]
So, This Is Carter? [37]
Christmas With Family [38]
Heart To Heart [39]
For Them. [40]
Epilogue

Panic [6]

22.6K 716 72
By Lixxyy19

Meredith

The kitchen is completely silent as I stare down at the two scribbled signatures on the contract. I'm pretty sure I've stopped breathing. I stare at them until they blur, praying they will disappear but when I blink, they're clear as anything. I take in a deep breath to calm down.

"Meredith..." Jack says softly breaking the silence.

"You sold my house?" I ask quietly.

"It's my h-"

"Don't you dare say it!" I spit at him. I grip the paper tightly in my hands and glare up at Jack.

"But you know it is."

"NO! THIS HOUSE WAS LEFT TO ME BY MY PARENTS! YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO SELL IT TO ANYONE!" I scream, throwing the contract at him.

"It's not your house?" The guest asks Jack with raised eyebrows.

Jack mutters something under his breath and holds a hand up to his guest to wait.

"Calm down Meredith. Stress is bad for the baby."

"Don't tell me to calm down when I've just found out that you missed our first scan of the baby because you were SELLING MY HOUSE!"

"It's in my name." He growls.

"I don't give a flying fuck if it was in the Queen's name! You know what this house means to me and now you're selling it to Eliot Hunt!" I turn to the guest. "Oh and I'm guessing that's you."

He just nods politely. Clearly, he doesn't want to get involved.

"Well guess what Eliot Hunt... You're not having my house. So whatever Jack promised you, kiss it goodbye. This is my house and no one is buying it." I tell him finally.

"Meredith, it's already done." Jack argues.

"Then undo it!"

Jack rolls his eyes at me. He turns towards Eliot and motions for him to leave the room. He does quickly, leaving me alone with Jack.

"Sit down baby." Jack pulls a chair out for me but I just stand there glaring.

"I'm not leaving this house. It's my home. It was my parents home, Jack. You can't just sell it to some stranger!" 

"Sit."

"No. I trusted you. My parents trusted you. This is all I have left of them." 

"It's just a house, Meredith. You can get a new one." He sighs as he rubs his face tiredly.

"Why are you doing this to me?" I ask.

"It doesn't matter why I-"

"It matters to me! This is my parents' house! You can't sell it!"

"Your parents are dead Meredith!" He shouts at me causing me to fall silent.

I feel like I've been punched in the stomach as his words echo in my head. I take a step away from him as the tears build in my eyes. Jack's expression softens as I swallow back the sob that wants to escape.

"Sweetheart, I didn't mean it like that." He murmurs as he reaches for me.

I gasp, stumbling back a few more steps as tears fall down my cheeks. Before he can say anything else, I turn around and walk out. I keep walking until I'm out the front door where I see Eliot leaning against a car I didn't notice before. I walk straight past him, quickening my pace until I reach the road. Not many cars drive down this road as the house is pretty isolated so I don't think twice before stepping out onto the road. The distinct sound of a blaring horn rings in my ears and I look up at the oncoming car speeding towards me. I don't have time to react, it's too close.

Arms grab my waist and I'm pulled from the road just as the car speeds past. I look to who grabbed me and I'm surprised to see Eliot staring back at me. He gently moves my hair from my eyes as he gazes at me in concern.

"Are you OK?" He asks me barely pulling away to check for injuries.

I nod slightly in shock.

"Uh, y-yeah I think so. Thank you." I whisper as I stare into his eyes. Seriously, his eyes are so captivating! Why don't I have eyes as beautiful as his?

"You sure? You're a little pale." I can feel his fingers gently stroke my cheek and I melt inside.

"I need to sit down." He immediately has me sitting down on the ground while he crouches in front of me.

I cross my legs and hold my head in my hands as I close my eyes. My head is spinning. It's quiet for a few moments until I hear the sound of footsteps approaching.

"What happened?" I hear Jack's voice ask. 

A shadow falls over me and hands try to pry mine away from my face. I shake my head and scoot backwards away from him.

"Go away." I beg. I push Jack off of me and keep moving backwards. I can't seem to get enough air in my lungs and my head won't stop spinning.

"Meredith baby, are you alright? What happened?"

"Stop. Leave me alone. I can't do this."

"Jack, I think you should give her some space. She nearly got run over just now." Eliot tells him briefly while standing to his full height.

"What?! How?!" Jack roars. He moves closer to me so I continue moving backwards until I hit something. Leaning against it, I pull my knees to my chest and try to breathe slowly.

"I can't breathe. Get away!" 

Eliot steps in and pulls Jack away from me.

"Jack, let her have some space." 

"Like hell I will! She could've just died!" He growls trying to get closer to me. Eliot pushes him away and talks quietly to him.

"I can't breathe. It hurts too much." I cry as a pain in my chest begins to form.

Eliot turns around and taking in my state, comes over to me and sits down. He moves me slightly forward so I'm not leaning against anything and starts rubbing the top of my back using quite a lot of pressure. He rubs right over my heart where it hurts.

"Meredith, listen to me. You need to slow down your breathing. You're panicking and that's why you're dizzy and your chest hurts. Breathe nice and slow." He coaches me as he continues to rub my back.

I shake my head. "I can't. You have my house, I nearly got run over and I can't handle it." I cry to him, reaching out to grab a fistful of his shirt. The tears fall effortlessly down my cheeks as I sob and gasp for breath at the same time.

It feels like I'm dying of a heart attack.

"Don't worry about any of that right now. Just breathe slowly. It won't stop hurting until you calm down. You're not hurt and I'm here with you. Breathe."

I don't know how long we're sat there while I calm down and try to breathe but eventually the pain in my chest fizzles out and breathing becomes easier. Everything around me clears up and I realise that Jack is standing a few feet away from us looking furious. I move my eyes to Eliot who smiles softly at me.

"There we go. Does that feel better?"

"What just happened?" I ask him wincing when my voice comes out all hoarse and raspy.

"You had a panic attack. It tends to happen after too much stress builds up."

I nod in understanding and lean back against what I now know is a car. Eliot removes his hand from my back and gently pries my hand from his shirt. I quickly let go smiling sheepishly.

"Sorry."  He just brushes my apology away and stands up.

Jack finally moves from his spot and crouches down next to me. I can't even be bothered to push him away or argue about it, I'm drained of energy right now.

"Jesus Meredith, you can't scare me like that. You need to be careful. This road isn't always empty." His scolding tone makes me want to punch him square in the jaw but even thinking of doing it makes me tired.

"Maybe you should take her to the hospital and get her checked out." Eliot says to Jack.

"No, I'm fine. I'm just so weak and tired right now." I interrupt before Jack can agree.

"That's normal after an episode like that."

"Well then, I'm going to lay down." I start to stand up and both men move to help me.

"Easy. You're feeling weak remember." I ignore them and push myself up using the car for help.

I regret it instantly. My legs are like jelly. I grip the car as they collapse underneath me.

"Ah shit." Jack is quick to grab me and without warning, lifts me up into his arms.

"I'll take you." He murmurs in my ear.

I don't even argue.

"I'll leave now, call me later Jack. Feel better Meredith."

Jack says his goodbyes and carries me into the house. He takes me up to our bedroom and helps me settle in. We don't talk. I don't have the energy and we'll just argue anyway. Once I'm laying in bed, it doesn't take very long for the exhaustion to set in.

I'm asleep in seconds. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

164K 4.8K 34
Being the daughter of the moon goddess and an angel is stuff but being in danger all the time is stuffer, when my house is attacked both my parents a...
194K 6.3K 23
The rules were simple, every full moon, omegas and alphas would gather and they would find their mates. So... How did I get unlucky enough to fall in...
1.5K 160 27
Prologue No no no no This can't be happening to me I can't be pregnant Im barely 17 I'm in highschool I haven't even shifted yet No...I'm not a run...
922 84 7
He's just an Omega. Well he was just the second child, only boy, of the last Alpha Basilisk that lived. His father insisted on him having an arranged...