The Gilbert Twins: A Looming...

By stvckinmyhead

Originally - Gilbert Twins: Your Face Looks Familiar ✨✨✨✨✨ What happens when a mysterious yet familiar face r... More

Intro
Taster
Chapter 1: The Return
Chapter 2: The Names Katalina, Katalina Gilbert
Chapter 4: A Fun Stefan And Dead John? Is It My Birthday(?)
Chapter 5: You Want Me To What Now?
Chapter 6: Your Boyfriends A Suicidal Blood Junkie? Tough Luck...
Chapter 7: How Many Times Do You Have To Stab Your Mom For Bad Karma?
Chapter 8: All That For A Hug?
Chapter 9: Another Me?
Chapter 10: Too Many Vampire's Are My Friends
Chapter 11: Why Am I Going Again?
Chapter 12: Bored
Chapter 13: Lemonade Can Be Poisonous To Your Kind?
Chapter 14: Look What Your ABC's Got Me Into!
!AUTHOR'S NOTE!
Chapter 15: What's With Me Getting Hurt Now-A-Day's?
Chapter 16: Hello Mr. Fancy Suit!
Chapter 17: Katherine's Not Dead?
Chapter 18: Why Can't I Punch You?
Chapter 19: There's A Hottie At My Door...Trust me, This Isn't A Punishment
Chapter 20: Hmph...I Didn't Expect That To Upset Me That Much...
Chapter 21: I Would Rather Be Sacrificed Than Be Civil To That A$$hat
Chapter 22: And I'm A Third Wheel Because?...
Chapter 23: Do I Say Hon?
Chapter 24: Freedom Looks Good On You
Chapter 25: I'll Have A Mother Cooked Medium Well To Well Done Please...
Chapter 26: Should I Regret It?...
Chapter 27: Mr. Fancy Suit Ain't Lookin' So Fancy
Chapter 28: Either Way, I'm Not Surviving This...
Chapter 29: The Darkness Is Suffocating...
!AUTHOR'S NOTE!

Chapter 3: Saving You Makes Us Cool, Right?

15.9K 316 107
By stvckinmyhead

😼

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140212192537/vampirediaries/images/0/08/Elena-and-Katherine-The-Vampire-Diaries-5-03-Original-Sin-katherine-pierce-and-elena-gilbert-35847538-245-225.gif

"Where have you been?" Elena asked as I walked in from the rain.

"When did you get back?" I attempted to distract.

"I asked first" she gave me a stern look.

"Fine, I was with Jenna. The storm got her out of whatever she was doing and we played catch-up before she had to run off to do whatever when some guy walked in, I think she was avoiding him because she didn't look her best. Who is he by the way? Kinda cute" I made my eyebrows dance slightly.

"Alaric?" she scoffed slightly and I nodded. "The new history teacher, Tanner...passed away not so long ago" she shook her head slightly. "Anyway, did you see anyone else?"

"Not really, when Jenna left I thanked Matt for covering for me yesterday--then I came straight here" I hung my coat up and shook my slightly damp hair, thank god for hoods.

"How did he cover for you?" she frowned.

"I was pretending to be you at the grill yesterday, I met Stefan as you. But I just wanted to see my best friend, I asked him to pretend I wasn't there at all so it would be a surprise when you got home last night" I explained.

"That was you?" her eyes were wide.

"Yeah, sorry for all the hoopla but I wanted to surprise my twin. Did I cause problems?" I pouted.

"Not really, Stefan got a bit panicked though because he thought Katherine had turned up" Elena seemed to be in relief that it was actually me.

"Well, that explains his rudeness this morning then" I chuckled and held my neck, remembering the violent act. "Moving on, when did you get back?"

"Only an hour ago, no longer. And that reminds me, Damon Salvatore--" I cut her off.

"Oh let me guess: tall? Leather jacket? A bit of a drunk? Blue eyes that rival even those of Matty-blue blue's?" I listed off.

"Yeah, how did you know?" she frowned.

"I may have pretended to be you more than once yesterday, we ran into each other" I scratched the inside of my wrists in a sheepish fashion.

"Seriously?" I just nodded at her look. "Fine, then you should know he's the reason our mother's a vampire" Elena said sourly.

"Christ, how much do you hate him?" I asked while pulling my hair over my right shoulder, leaving the back of my neck exposed.

"Excuse me?" she put her hands on her hips.

"I can literally taste the venom in your tone, and feel the anger rolling off of you in waves. Why do you care? She's just some woman that abandoned us, she doesn't deserve your anger over her death" I raised a brow.

"Even after she saved your life?" Elena was confused.

"Especially. She wasn't around for 17 years of my life, she shouldn't expect me to be calling her mom after stopping a douche from trying to have a nip at my neck. I honestly don't care. But you can feel whatever you want, just because we're twins doesn't mean even our opinions should match" I copied her stance with my hands on my hips as her stance dropped, and she would have said something else if her phone hadn't of decided to ring.

She moved to answer it, checking the caller ID made her press ignore and turn back to me. Sadly(!) Her words were once again stopped when knocking sounded from the front door. "This talk isn't over" she pointed at me and gave me a firm look before turning to answer the door. I turned my back on her and the door, walking into the kitchen for a drink.

"You're ignoring me" I heard a familiar voice speak as the door was opened, thankfully I was hidden by a wall so Damon couldn't see me.

"The 6 missed calls? Sorry. My phone was dead" I chuckled under my breath, when did Elena get so snarky?

"Is Stefan here?" Damon asked.

"No" Elena was quick and simple with her answer. "Why? Something wrong?" she questioned back.

"He went out to the woods and didn't come back. I can't get him on his phone. I figured he was here with you" Damon explained.

"It's going straight to voicemail. Where could he be?" Elena asked, I guess she tried to call him.

"You're not going to like what I'm thinking" Damon's tone sounded deadly. "Let's go, we're going to Pearl's." I heard footsteps fade and I walked out of my hiding spot once the door had opened and closed.

"Guess I better pack up" I smirked and rushed upstairs.

-TIME SKIP-

I was standing next to Damon Salvatore's car in the only high school in 'Mystic Falls' parking lot, a dark black umbrella as my only protection from the rain and my bag full of all I need on the floor beside me. I gently stroked a hand over the roof of this glorious car, only to be scolded in the process. "Hey! Get away from the car" the voice didn't sound angry, but it wanted me to obey the command.

"I can't help myself" I turned to face him for the next words. "It's just so pretty" I justified.

"Katherine?" he whispered.

"And there's that girl's name again. Sorry, but no, I'm not Katherine" I would have continued but Elena joined Damon and saw me.

"Kat? What are you doing here?" she frowned.

"I'm here to help you get your epic love back because I'm that nice of a sister" I smiled.

"No. You're not coming, when you could be seriously hurt" Elena flat out decided.

"Well if that's the reason then I guess you're staying here with me? Out of harms way?" she stayed quiet. "That's what I thought. Now whether you like it or not, I'm coming. Also, shotgun" I turned to open the car's passenger door when my elbow was grabbed, I looked into the eyes of Damon Salvatore. "Yes?"

"Would anyone like to explain who the hell you are?" he simply said.

"Damon, this is my twin sister Katalina Gilbert. Kat, this is Damon Salvatore, Stefan's brother. Kat was on a course out of town when you and Stefan came back, that's why you haven't met her yet. She only got back yesterday" Elena explained in an annoyed tone, probably over the fact I'm tagging along.

"Lovely to meet you, Damon, I've heard terrible things" I held my hand out to him once he released the grip on my elbow.

"Terrible things and you don't despise me?" he took the hand and shook it while quirking an eyebrow with his question.

"Your beauty of a car makes up for it" I winked and climbed into the vehicle, waiting for everyone else to get in the car so we could get this show on the road.

-TIME SKIP-

"So, Damon seems nice" I tried to make conversation as Elena looked nervously around the car.

"You don't know him yet, trust me, he is anything but nice" she gripped the steering wheel tighter before continuing to look around in a nervous fashion, she then pulled Alaric's bag onto her lap and shuffled through her things until she pulled out a silver needle. Her serious look disturbed by a tree branch falling onto the front window, causing her to jump and gasp. I stayed still and fiddled with the handcuffs I hid behind my back.

"I'm sorry Elena" I said as she looked at the needle in a way where she seemed to be coming up with a plan, her face immediately turned to me and took on a confused look.

"Why are you sorry?" her free hand moved back on the steering wheel as she spoke, giving me the chance to spring out the handcuffs. Cuffing her right hand with one free slot, and the steering wheel with the other. She was secured. "What The Hell Are You Doing Kat?!" she shouted, her arm pulling on its restraints. Nothing happened besides a shooting pain in her wrist, much to her disappointment.

"I'm keeping you safe, yell at me later?" I asked while opening my door, taking the car keys along with mine and Alaric's bags. When I was outside in the rain, I looked in at my angry mirror image. "It's for your own good Elena" I shrugged and closed the door, locking the car with the keys and then running in the same direction Damon and Alaric went.

I rushed towards the house's porch carrying both mine and Alaric's bag, didn't think they'd be this heavy. I dropped them by the front door, beginning to root through mine when I heard yelling. "Billy, Jacob, Get Back In Here!" guess he's the bad guy in all this. Pulling two stakes and a vervain coated knife from my bag, I decorated my pockets with them.

And then I saw it, a little set of stairs leading into darkness. Stefan, here I come. I rushed passed the door in a slightly crouched position and down the stairs, moving past two open gates before I came across an ugly door. Looking through the filthy window on said door, the coast seemed pretty clear so I jiggled the handle only to find it locked. Pulling out my knife I slid it into the gap between the door and the doorframe, just above the lock, I slowly slid down. Feeling the metal barrier, I moved the handle of the knife up causing the blade to push against the curve in the metal barrier and open the door with a slight click. Thank god, I had a lot of downtime to practice that.

I walked down the slight hallway, then peeked around the corner. Seriously? The guy on guard is listening to music? Can't you get good henchmen these days? I tried to make a rather loud noise to grab his attention, thankfully it worked. He was nearing me so I got one stake ready, though before he appeared in front of me I heard a loud thunk. I looked around the corner to see him passed out on the floor and Damon towering over him. "Are you insane?" he scolded me.

"No, I had it handled" I showed him my stake.

"Since when can you make stakes?" he frowned.

"You've got the wrong twin, idiot" I moved past him and towards the corner the guy was previously guarding.

"Where's Elena?" Damon asked while walking behind me.

"Handcuffed to your steering wheel" I answered in a level tone.

"Handcuffed? Where the hell did you get handcuffs from?" He questioned.

"I always keep a set in my bag, you never know when your gonna need them" I winked at him as we walked down the hallway, reaching a rickety and broken door. I pushed it open and saw Stefan hanging from the ceiling by his wrists.

"Elena..." he whispered.

"Sorry to burst your bubble sunshine but, wrong sister" I walked in front of him.

"You shouldn't be here--" Stefan was cut off by Damon.

"She was supposed to stay in the car" Damon answered and joined us. 

"Oh please, don't act like you're not happy to see me" i scoffed as Damon Moved in front of the random tied up in a chair, I handed him a stake--he was about to off the dude until Stefan.

"No. No. No. Not him" Stefan rushed out with all the energy he could muster.

"Whatever. Let's get you down" Damon moved towards the rope thing at the back of the room.

"There's vervain, on the ropes" Stefan informed.

"Kat, pull that" Damon directed.

"No need, just get ready to catch him" I pulled out my knife as Damon moved in front of Stefan. 1, 2, 3 slices at the knot by Stefan's hands was all it took before the rope gave in to the vampires weight and released.

"All right, let's go. Clothes on" Damon moved towards the door as I removed what was left of Stefan's bindings.

"Wait" Stefan called out, once I'd removed all the vervain soaked rope.

"What? Guys, come on. We have to get out of here" Damon tried to rush us as Stefan spoke lowly to me.

"The stakes, take them out of his legs" he was still speaking with a pain filled voice. I quickly gripped both stakes that were embedded in the randoms legs, gave him a look of warning for what was going to happen and then pulled them out.

"Come on, we gotta go" Damon continued as the guy gasped in pain slightly, just before I moved around to untie his ropes.

"Take a minute guy, wait till you get your strength back" I told him.

"It's Harper, and thank you" he whispered out.

"No problem" I shrugged and forced an arm of Stefan's around my shoulders, to steady him as we walked.

"Can you get him in the car?" Damon asked as I struggled slightly to support the weak Stefan behind him.

"Yeah" I took away his worries.

"All right, go" Damon looked in the light room he hid in before knocking the vampire out earlier.

"And you? What about you?" I asked as Stefan and I stopped next to him.

"You rescue, I'll distract. Go" he motioned and I nodded before continuing to support Stefan down the hall.

"Why are you dong this?" Stefan struggled out.

"Don't talk, it'll waste energy you need to walk with" I ignored the question. We reached the top of the steps and I noticed Alaric's bag was missing from its previous position beside mine, I guess Damon has backup. I rushed Stefan--as I noticed how dark it was getting, we were seemingly in the middle of nowhere. "Can you make it?" he just grunted in pain as a response.

A few more steps and he fell down, pulling me on my knees beside him. "You okay?" he groaned out as I stopped my face from hitting the muddy ground.

"Yeah, I'm just happy for wearing Elena's flats instead of my heels. Or we'd be a lot slower than this" I tried to bring humor to the situation, he smiled slightly but it stopped just as quickly as it appeared and he continued to groan in pain. "Come on, we gotta keep going. Come on" I struggled to pull him to his feet, and we bother bent forward slightly as we continued our journey to the car. And then I saw it, the car was right in front of me, just a few more steps. "Come on, it's right over here" I could see Elena inside, and she looked p!$$ed, then she looked out the window and saw me with Stefan. She looked so scared and panicked, but relieved and happy also.

I pulled the keys out of my back pocket with my free hand as Stefan rested against the hood, I unlocked the car and opened the door. Supporting Stefan some more, I helped him inside and shut the door. "Are you okay? What happened? Stefan?" Elena's eyes watered as her free hand reached over to stroke her cheek, leaving her arms in an awkward position while I moved to get in the back. As soon as I sat, Stefan's car window was shattered and he was pulled out of the car, by (I'm Guessing) bad guy? "Stefan!" Elena shrieked as I got back out of the car.

As the big baddie was about to twig Stefan to death, I crept behind him and just as that measly scrap of wood pierced Stefan's skin, I stabbed the guy in the neck with my vervain knife. He choked and gurgled slightly before falling to the ground, Stefan landing just a few feet away from him. "Stefan?" I pulled the twig out. "Stefan..." I frowned, noticing Elena struggling to see with a scared face because she didn't have a good view with the car door blocking us on the ground. "Stefan come on, we only just got to know each other you can't die now" I shook him slightly.

I heard growling behind me, baddie was waking up. "Kat What's Happening?! Is Stefan Okay?! KAT!" Came Elena's cries from the car.

"He's fine!" I shouted back and continued to shake him. I got a small response and realized what I had to do, pulling my leftover stake from my pocket, grazing my finger over the top I touched the point. Yeah, it's sharp enough. Pressing down firmly, I dragged it across the side of my palm until blood was produced. I then gently pushed the bloody side of my palm into Stefan's mouth and prayed this would work. "Here, now wake up."

"Kat, please run" he whispered.

"No" I said quickly.

"Please" he pleaded.

"No. You owe me one. I saved your life from that house of d!*k$, now you save mine from the head d!*k. That's how this works. So bite me, take some of my blood and get your strength back. Otherwise, I'm expecting him to come after me and your epic love when he's finished with you" I exposed my wrist. "Come on, I trust you, you idiot if that's what you're worried about."

"But we've only just met?" he was confused.

"And? I know all I need to, to know that I can trust you. Now drink" and those words seemed to be enough encouragement. Keeping his eyes locked with mine, he bit into the wrist I was offering and began to drink. It seemed to hurt him a bit considering I had a small bit of vervain earlier, but once he was passed it the meal seemed more enjoyable for him. It stung ever so slightly when he became more aggressive but nothing more, and it felt like a creepily intimate and enjoyable thing to do with your sister's boyfriend. I'm glad her visions blocked of us.

Eventually, he stopped and I moved away, hiding by the car just before baddie got up, pulled the knife from his neck and started walking towards Stefan. I hushed Elena, taking the key I had to the handcuffs and unlocking them, she rubbed her wrist and got out of the car. We both hid and watched as Stefan held the guy against a tree, stabbing him repetitively in the heart with a wooden stick, growling the entire time he did it, like an animal even though the guy was already dead. "Stefan?" Elena stayed by the car.

"Stefan!" I rushed to him and grabbed his arm, stopping him from his stabbing. He looked at me and growled, his deadly features on show. Elena gasped in shock behind me, I guess she followed me up. But I just stared at him, watched as he let go of the d!*k who slid to the ground, watched as his vampire features faded, and watched as a look of pure horror, fear and shame took over his face. I guess I know why he drinks from bunnies now.

He dropped the stick when I released my grip on his arm, I moved out of the way and watched as his eyes turned to Elena and her face. No more lovie dovie longing looks are being shared, they both couldn't believe what they had just witnessed.

-TIME SKIP-

I was sitting in the grill. Damon had dropped everyone off at where they should be, I was taken home and then borrowed Jenna's car to get here. At some point Damon showed up, so now we were drinking and thinking over today's events.

"You were pretty good today" is that a compliment from him?

"No, I was bada$$ today" I pointed out and took another gulp from the drink he bought me.

"For a human" he mumbled into his own drink.

"I saved your brothers a$$ today, you should be grateful" I smirked.

"I don't need to be grateful for anything, it wasn't my a$$" he copied the smirk and leaned closer to me.

"Yet" I whispered and leaned in also, our faces just inches apart.

My phone's ringing, pulled me away from the conversation, though.

PHONE CONVERSATION

K- Hey Elena, what's up?

E- It's Matt, Kat.

K- What's wrong with Matt?

E- Vicki went missing a while back, they just found her body. I'll explain everything to you later, but you need to come to his place?

K- Of course, I'll be right there.

END PHONE CONVERSATION

"I gotta go, but thanks for the drinks" I said bye to Damon and rushed to Matty's, it didn't take long since I had a car.

And then I was in his house, in his hallway. I was hugging one of my best friends because a constant and cherished thing in his life was just found dead, and I'm the one who's expected to know how that feels, and so I'm given the task of comforting him.

There can be so much death in one person's life...how much can that one person take before they give up on that life so filled with death?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7k0a5hYnSI... (Unwritten By Natasha Bedingfield)

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

I feel like it was all over the place, there, now I've said it you can't scold me for it in the comments! But seriously, it's not the greatest thing I've ever written--but there has been worse. Also, I'm a little sorry for how morbid it got, I guess that's a set up for how most scenes with Kat will be i guess.....Tomorrow, John shows up, there's more Kamon flirting (one of the worst ship names I've ever come up with) and it's shortish, but I hope Kat stabbing someone makes up for it.

Anyway, don't forget to vote and comment, also--don't give up on this story yet, I promise it gets better (in my mind at least).

Thanks for reading x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 75 13
Follow a group of students at a hbcu as they navigate their way through the year. Some love each other, some hate each other, and some are complete s...
172K 3.9K 13
finished - may 14, 2017 In which Dean Winchester falls in love with one of the very creatures he hunts and she just so happens to be a Mikaelson.
221K 5.9K 47
Natalie was just living her normal life when she got the call that she was always terrified of. Her brother had been shot. She dropped everything and...
216K 7.6K 25
Being human? Not so fun after living 500 years on the run and having enemies left and right. After having the cure shoved down her throat, Katheri...