The Valentine's Note

By TryTillYouSucceed

"Strange," I remarked as the waitress left us at a table in the corner. "You seem like a person who has lots... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Announcement
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Announcement!
Trailer!
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Update
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
New Book Announcement: Supernova

Chapter 27

16.9K 599 52
By TryTillYouSucceed

A day after Seth pulled the smart stunt of asking my dad about taking me out on a date; he called me to officially ask me out.

"Good morning, Mr. Seth," I said after answering the phone.

"Morning, Ms. Ava." I could hear the smile in his voice as he spoke. "Now that you're up, I have some matters I'd like to discuss with you."

"Please make it quick," I said, changing my tone to match his business-like one.

"As you may be aware, I have gotten official permission from your father regarding a date," he said as I tried to suppress my laughter. "It's time that I execute the date. Thus, I'd appreciate it if you are ready 5 this evening."

"Wait, where are we going?" I asked, killing our little professional conversation.

"I'll tell you when we meet," he responded.

"Oh, please don't do that," I whined, "I need to know how to dress."

I heard him sigh on the other end. "Anything casual should be fine."

"You're sure?" I asked, my eyebrows rising.

"Nothing too casual, though," he said.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I droned. "It's not like I'm going to come in my pyjamas."

"Yes, I know," he responded. "It doesn't matter. You look beautiful in anything you wear."

I rolled my eyes and tried not to blush. "Fine but if I end up looking dumb tonight, you're to blame."

"Alright," he said, sealing the deal.

"I'll see you at 5 then," I said.

"Yes," he agreed and just as I was about to hang up, he added, "Oh, Ava!"

"Yes, Seth?" I questioned, lying down on my bed.

"I happen to really like you," he whispered. "You know that, right?"

"I do," I said, smiling. "For the record, I happen to really like you too."

"Okay, bye, see you at 5," he said quickly and hung up on me.

I laughed out loud in the quiet room. How did I manage to end up getting such an amazing boyfriend like Seth?

I walked down to get some breakfast with a small smile on my face.

"You look happy this morning," mom commented looking over at me.

Mom and I had managed to work things out between the both of us. I'd accepted that I made a mistake and that I was being punished for it. She'd given me the whole motherly talk as well.

Dad, on the other hand...

I gave her a smile. "Seth's coming over to pick me up later."

"What for?" she asked, raising her eyebrows.

"Our date," I said, biting into an apple.

"Oh right, I forgot about that," she said, flipping the pancake she was in the process of making. "He seems like a nice boy."

"I'm glad you think so," I responded.

"When did you get into a relationship?" she asked.

"A few weeks after we came back from camp," I answered, nodding.

"He seems to really like you," she said.

"He does," I agreed, smiling.

"You really like him too," she continued.

I nodded as I tried to concentrate on my apple to avoid blushing in front of my mom.

"Just be careful, okay?" she said, sliding the pancake onto a ceramic plate.

"What'd you mean?" I questioned, looking at her.

"I don't want you to get too attached to him," she said, avoiding eye contact.

"Why would you say that?"

"Because the heart break will be much worse that way," she explained.

"I'll be careful, mom," I said after a moment's pause.

*

I decided to start getting half an hour early since I didn't think I'd have much to do other than pull a pair of jeans on along with a top. But then mom came in and ruined my plans.

"You're wearing that?" she questioned, eyeing my outfit with displease.

"What's wrong with this?" I asked, looking down at myself.

"At least put some effort into your clothing," she said, shaking her head. Walking past me, she entered my room and opened my wardrobe up.

"But mom, this is fine!" I exclaimed and collapsed on my bed. "Besides, he doesn't care."

"That's what he makes you think," she said, rummaging through my clothes.

From under the mountain of clothes, she pulled out something white and unfolded it. Turning around to face me, she held the piece of clothing up.

It was a white, cotton dress with multi coloured dots all over it. It was given to be my aunt a few years but I never came around to wearing it.

"You're going to force me to wear that, aren't you?" I asked, craning my neck to look at her.

She shrugged with a sheepish smile on her face. With a short sigh, I let my head fall back on the bed. She threw the dress on my face a second later. Grudgingly, I changed into the dress after she left.

I walked to the mirror and looked at myself. The dress was tight at the top half with a low neck that was easy to cover with my boob length brunette hair.

Sighing, I made my way down where mom and dad were sitting on the couch. Mom sat up straight to look at me and gave me a smile.

'You look lovely,' she mouthed.

I smiled at her as I sat down on the couch opposite to them. After a good few minutes of waiting, the doorbell rang. I was about to make my way to the door when dad stood up and went to open it instead. A sudden rush of worry coursed through me. What was he planning on doing? I followed him after saying a quick goodbye to mom.

Dad was already talking to Seth at the doorway when I approached them. Seth gave me a bright smile when he saw me. He was dressed in a grey button down with black jeans. Oh, he looked good in a shirt.

"Well, have fun," dad said as I walked towards Seth.

"Thank you, Mr. Nelson," Seth said politely and waited for me to walk out of the door.

We were about to leave when dad called me, making me halt in my tracks.

"Um, go ahead, Seth. I'll catch up with you," I told him quickly before turning around to look at my dad.

"Yes?" I asked, feeling the awkward tension rise.

"Stay safe, alright?" he said, rubbing the back of his neck. I felt a small smile form on my face.

"I will, dad."

"And call me if you need anything," he added.

"Okay, dad."

He gave me a brief nod and walked back inside the house. Smiling to myself, I walked up to Seth who was seated on his bike. I stood there as he stared at me with an amused look on his face.

"If I was aware of this, I would've borrowed my mom's car," he said, leaning on the handlebars.

"It's okay, I'll manage," I answered with a shrug.

Placing my hands on his shoulders, I tried to sit on the bike with both my legs facing in the same direction as I pressed my dress under me.

"Ready?" he asked with his helmet ready in his hand.

"Yep," I said, adjusting myself and holding onto Seth's shoulders tightly.

"By the way," he said, turning around to look at me. "Did I tell you how utterly gorgeous you look?"

I felt myself blush as I stared back at him and by the look in his eyes, I knew I made the right decision not arguing with mom on my clothing choice.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"To my place."

"Wait, what?" I exclaimed.

"Yeah, my mom really wants to meet you," he said with a shrug.

"And you didn't think mentioning that earlier was important?" I asked, feeling nervous.

"Why? What's wrong?" he asked, placing his arm on his helmet and turning to look back at me.

"Nothing," I said after a long pause. "It's just..."

"Do you not want to meet my mom?" he asked sincerely.

"No!" I said quickly. "It's not that. I do want to meet your mom."

"Then?"

"It would've been nicer to have been mentally prepared about this," I said with a shrug. "I'm just nervous."

"You shouldn't be," he said, rubbing my arm. "Just be yourself."

"So we're having dinner at your place?" I questioned.

"Yes," he nodded. "It's just going to be us and my mom. My dad's out of town for the weekend."

"I see," I said.

"If you don't want to go, I'll just let her know," he offered. "The two of us can go have dinner somewhere else then."

"No, don't do that. It's okay, I'll be fine," I said, trying to reassure myself and him.

"You sure?" he questioned, looking at me intently.

I nodded.

He sighed and reached forward to kiss my forehead. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier."

"No, it's completely fine," I said with a smile. He grinned and gave me a quick kiss on my cheek. "I can finally meet the woman who had to deal with you ever since you were born."

A/N-  Hey guys! Sorry it's a short chapter but I felt like this was a good note to end at. What do you think Seth's mom is going to be like? Leave a comment below to let me know!

Thank you for being patient! Please do leave a vote and share this with your friends and followers! 

Love you guyss <3 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.4K 203 2
Liam Kearney lives life three minutes at a time - the length of each of the three rounds in a boxing match. For the Strikers' rising star, it is all...
213K 6.4K 23
Haylie Jefferson, the schools nerd; queen of anger issues and pranks has to move again thanks to her dads job. That means leaving everything behind...
4.3M 106K 32
For three years, Juliana has seen how her brother and his friends play the game. A game that every girl at Roosevelt High knows about. She has seen h...
675K 28K 59
Elijah Reed is my enemy, uh I mean neighbor. He gives a whole new meaning to the term "bad boy" and I would like nothing better than for him to leave...