Lee Pace's Characters Prefere...

By platypusgdfan

Ever wondered what it'll be like to be with Ned the Pie Maker or Thranduil or Joe MacMillan? Or what would i... More

Introduction: Characters' Profiles
How You Met (Part 2)
First Dates (Part 1)
First Dates (Part 2)
Kisses
Secrets (Part 1)
Secrets (Part 2)
Thunderstorms
When He Caught You Singing
Hugs
Movie Nights
How He Annoys You
How He Makes It Up to You (Part 1)
How He Makes It Up to You (Part 2)
One Item of Clothing/Jewelry of His
Waking Up Next to Him
Songs That Reminded You of Him

How You Met (Part 1)

3.2K 83 14
By platypusgdfan

Ned the Pie Maker (Pushing Daisies): You discovered the Pie Hole on a rainy night. You were drenched from head to toe, completely unprepared for the downpour. The colorful pie shop seemed welcoming and warm, so you walked in and found a seat by an empty booth near the windows. The shop was empty. 

"I'm sorry, but we're closed about twenty minutes ago," a tall, lanky man said as he walked towards your booth. You were wiping the beads of rain water rolling down your face from your hair. "Oh! I'm sorry. I didn't read the sign out front," you apologized and began to scoot out of the leather seat. The pie maker felt sorry for you as his eyes darted from the window at the pouring rain outside to your soaking wet clothes and smudged makeup. He shook his head. "It's alright. It's pouring outside anyways. Why don't you stay for a little while, at least until the rain dies down."

You smiled, grateful for the offer and nodded. "Coffee?" he asked. You nodded again and watched him made a beeline to the back of the counter and poured a cup of steaming hot coffee. You shook off the coat you had on and noticed the puddles of water forming on the tiled floor beneath you. You felt your cheeks burned as the pie maker returned with a cup of coffee, a slice of pie, and a hand towel draped across his arm. He placed the plates before you and handed you the towel. "There's a toilet, if you want to dry yourself," he gestured at the door next to the entryway to the kitchen. "Thanks," you mumbled and made your way to the toilet.

You spent the next two hours, chatting with the pie maker about the shop, his love for pies, what you do for a living, and what the two of you had in common. You immediately noticed his shy demeanor and kindness. How his lips formed a smile with dimples framing it, and the way his eyes twinkled when he got excited. That was when you knew you were hooked, and became a regular at the cafe. Eventually you  mustered the courage to ask Ned out on a date after a year of getting to know each other, breaking down the walls Ned had built around him, and forming a friendship that you knew would last a lifetime.

Joe MacMillan (Halt and Catch Fire): You were a newly hired intern for MacMillan Utility. So far, your day had comprised of you sitting by your desk, filing, and helping out the senior staff whenever they requested. You had not met the boss until after lunch, when a man in an expensive suit strolled in through the cubicles, and the office became evidently quieter as he headed straight to his office. He did not look happy at all. You shrugged it off and felt relieved that you weren't assigned directly to him.

The day went by in a blur as you were handed file after file of paperwork that nobody else wanted to handle. Before you realized, the sun had already set, and the cityscape were lit up with artificial lights instead. You let out a yawn as your stomach grumbled. You looked around the office and noticed that you were alone. Puzzled as to whether you said goodbye to anyone or whether they said it to you, you got up from your desk and stretched. You shuffled to the break room, in search for some snacks.

You were humming to yourself as you waited for the coffee to percolate in the machine. "Are you the new intern?" a deep voice asked from behind, causing you to jump and shrieked. You spun around and found yourself face to face with your new boss, Joe MacMillan. He had a smirk as he crossed his arms, and leaned against the door frame. You were still startled by his unexpected presence and nodded quickly. You extended a hand towards him, "I'm Y/N." He shook your hand and introduced himself. You couldn't help but found yourself mesmerized by that perfect smile of his, and those glinting dark eyes.

"What are you still doing in the office so late?" he asked, obviously curious since he was usually the only one left at this time.

"There was quite a bit of paperwork, and I got carried away finishing them," you replied. 

"You know, they always bully the new guy in the office. If it ever gets to be too much, just let me know, and I'll make an announcement during the staff meeting," Joe said sternly, to which you nodded. "Thanks, Mr MacMillan." You hoped he wouldn't say anything; afterall, you didn't want to be the one who complained and got everybody in trouble just because of some extra paperwork.

"Alright. I'm going to head home now, and I suggest you should do the same," Joe suggested as he stood straight. "And call me Joe." He waved before turning to leave.

You didn't realized then that your late nights at work would become a ritual for you, and it was those nights that you bonded with Joe. With take-outs delivered from restaurants nearby, the two of you spent the nights getting to know each other in more ways than just colleagues.

Aaron Tyler (Wonderfalls): You were at a video rental store when you bumped into Aaron, who was reaching for the last copy of The Exorcist just as you were. At first you were annoyed since you had your mind set on renting the film for the weekend, and you were not in a mood to argue or convince another person as to why they should allow you to have the copy instead. His messy hair and unkempt appearance put you off almost immediately. So, you held onto the copy tightly. He did the same but flashed a seductive smile. "Now, what's a pretty girl such as yourself watching a classic horror flick alone?"

You rolled your eyes. You were not in a mood to be hit on either. You just needed to get this copy and leave. "Who said I would be watching it alone?" you countered, still holding onto the copy.

"Instead of fighting over this, you can come over to my place, and we can watch it together," he said suggestively, flashing his smile again.

"Seriously, I'm not in the mood for this, and I promised my best friend that we would watch The Exorcist together this weekend. So, could you please just let me have this?" you pleaded.

"Not unless you give me your number first," he winked, his grip still tight on the DVD. You groaned and let go of the copy. It simply wasn't worth it. "Just take it," you grumbled and stormed off in the direction of the front doors. You couldn't believe that guy. He was being such an ass. What happened to good ol' fashioned chivalry?

As you walked down the street, trying to figure out where you can get a copy of The Exorcist this last minute, you were suddenly stopped mid-track. You looked up and found the same guy you were just swearing at in your mind. He held the familiar blue plastic bag before you, a toothy grin still plastered on his face. "I'm sorry I was being such an ass back there, but here you go," he handed you the bag. You took it cautiously and peered inside. Surely enough, there it was, the same DVD the two of you were fighting over a moment ago. 

"Just remember to return it before next Friday, that's when it expires," he said matter-of-factly. "Enjoy!" he waved and walked off in the direction opposite from where you were headed. You stared at him, slightly confused and taken aback by the gesture. It wasn't until the weekend did you realized that he had slip a piece of paper into the DVD box with his name and phone number, asking you to give him a call.

Thranduil (The Hobbit): You were working as a hostess in a Michelin-starred restaurant when Thranduil walked in. He was dining alone which was unusual for customers in the fine restaurant. You were mostly in charge of the customers arriving and departing, as well as manning the phone. Occasionally, you would make rounds and check on the customers, ensuring that everything was up to their expectations.

You were intrigued by Thranduil. You were aware of who he was, who wouldn't? He was after all, one of the most successful man in the world, a media mogul who owned various companies from the newspapers, to the magazines, to online news websites, to a publishing company. His face would occasionally grace the cover of Forbes magazine. You were surprised that he was a man of few words. He merely nodded with a tight lipped smile when you asked him about the food. He did however, asked for another bottle of the finest red wine that the restaurant had.

His quiet and mysterious air definitely distracted you from your job. Throughout the night, you found your eyes wandered back to the enigmatic man sitting in the corner. There was an air of grace around the way he moved, even the way he ate. His long silver blond hair which was tied in a neat ponytail shone under the dimly lit restaurant. His clear blue eyes twinkled mischievously whenever they met yours, sending a shiver down your spine.

When he finally walked past you to exit the restaurant, he shook your hand, thanking you for your service. It was only when he stepped out, did you realized you had been holding your breath the entire time he was in your vicinity. Who knew it was you who made him into a regular at the restaurant, he used each visit as an opportunity to get to know you better, before popping the question to ask you out.

A/N: More first meetings with the remaining of Lee's characters. :) Hope this was okay, it's my first time writing in this form, and I got carried away. Feel free to let me know what you think of it so far, and if there's anything I could improve on, or if you have any suggestions for future chapters. Thanks for reading! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 31 10
This story is not based anywhere along the actual show's storyline and may be considered mature if you do not like mild to moderate violence and mode...
44.5K 1K 37
You've just moved into your first apartment in London, you work in a bar in a quiet part of the city. Its filled with locals and oldies. Until one pr...
16.7K 291 16
I know she's in denial about her feelings towards me, but I'm just glad she feel something towards me. I can't imagine my life without her. She wa...
30.7K 476 60
the100 preferences, imagines, one-shots, headcanons, etc! β€β€β€Ž β€Ž COMPLETEDβ€β€β€Ž β€Ž AFAB READER (unless specified otherwise)β€β€β€Ž β€Ž NSFW TOPICSβ€β€β€Ž β€Ž LOWERCA...